Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Burgers are better than steaks.

Give me a good burger over a good steak any day of the week.

Let me tell you who has the best burgers in the world. Chicago. I don't care where you get it from, Chicago has the best. I detailed my horrible burger experience in Arizona, thus they have the worst access to burgers. I have heard their lizard patties are decent.

I could see this.. I love both - and there's certainly a degree of variety with burgers you maybe don't get with steak.

I had a really good bleu cheese burger this weekend: bleu cheese slaw, caramelized onions, bleu cheese crumbles, garlic-herb mayo. :thumbsup:

I am actually making burgers today for dinner. Wonder if I am going to be told I shouldn't eat burgers because there are hungry people out there.

I would eat more Burgers during the week than I would stake but at times I prefer steak.

Well plus burgers are a lot cheaper

• Like 1

I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and French fried potato, big kosher pickle and a cold draught beer.

Cant agree with this however each is delicious if done well.

Actually longhorn steakhouse has some of the best burgers I have ever had.

I am actually making burgers today for dinner. Wonder if I am going to be told I shouldn't eat burgers because there are starving people out there.

You shouldn't if they are starving.

Great burgers are easier to find than a great steak.

But a great steak is far superior.

Burgers over steak? not so sure...

BUT...

I will take breakfast steak tips and eggs over a dinner time sirloin steak.

there's just somethin' so good about steak n' eggs!

Let me tell you who has the best burgers in the world. Chicago.

Let me tell you that you don't get out much or you are insane.

I am a simple man.

Give me a cookout with good burgers and dogs and great potato salad and all the fixings over anything else

I could see this.. I love both - and there's certainly a degree of variety with burgers you maybe don't get with steak.

Agreed. A good steak is awesome now and then, but they're kinda largely the same. You can make burgers 100 different ways. :thumbsup:

It's obvious those who would rather a burger have never had my signature ribeye steak prepared med rare to medium.

If it's anything like your mom's I'm sure it's great :thumbsup:

I had a really good bleu cheese burger this weekend: bleu cheese slaw, caramelized onions, bleu cheese crumbles, garlic-herb mayo. :thumbsup:

+1, love black and bleu burgers encrusted in black peppercorns, with the caramelized onions and blue cheese crumbles...

I'll take a rib eye over a burger, but a burger over a top sirloin or lesser cut.

I prefer a patty melt over a burger, if push comes to shove. No need for the extra veggies and crap. Meat, cheese, grilled onion, marble rye. :wub:

Steak...no real toppings needed.

Even a good burger is pretty meh on its own.

Needs the bun and cheese at least.

I'll take a rib eye over a burger, but a burger over a top sirloin or lesser cut.

I prefer a patty melt over a burger, if push comes to shove. No need for the extra veggies and crap. Meat, cheese, grilled onion, marble rye. :wub:

Yes...but plenty of terrible patty melts. Have to get the onions right and be good marble rye

Typically steak will have a higher quality meat, but for me it's about my mood. We prob grill burgers or steak once/week. Burgers to steak maybe 2 to 1.

A great steak 10 times out of 10. But I do get cravings for a great burger with all the trimmings of your liking on many summer afternoons.

Different styles and kinds of food. Hard to compare.

Fuddruckers :wub:

I had an Elk burger for the first time. Pretty delicious. It Cooks really fast. I think I may like it better than bison.

Bison dogs on the other hand, holy shlt are they good. A little on the expensive side, $10 for 6, but it's worth the price every few weeks.

I had an Elk burger for the first time. Pretty delicious. It Cooks really fast. I think I may like it better than bison.

Bison dogs on the other hand, holy shlt are they good. A little on the expensive side, $10 for 6, but it's worth the price every few weeks.

Ever have an Ostrich burger?

Ever have an Ostrich burger?

They say it's leaner, but you eat more of it.

Or something like that.

• Like 1

I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and French fried potato, big kosher pickle and a cold draught beer.

Small fries, Big Mac.

You be illin. :banana:

Steak...no real toppings needed.

Even a good burger is pretty meh on its own.

Needs the bun and cheese at least.

I don't think anyone is saying a plain patty is better than a steak. If you choose burger, you can put whatever you want on it.

I choose burger.

As a non-food person who doesn't cook (only grill what wife prepares) I'm still learning the steak parts of a cow.

Just last week I learned what a rib-eye steak was. Costs $59 at the Four Seasons hotel fancy restaurant (i didn't pay). Meat was ok, but there was too much fat. Who wants to eat cow fat? Apparently the dude next to me who ate every morsel of "grizzle". :wacko:

As a non-food person who doesn't cook (only grill what wife prepares) I'm still learning the steak parts of a cow.

Just last week I learned what a rib-eye steak was. Costs $59 at the Four Seasons hotel fancy restaurant (i didn't pay). Meat was ok, but there was too much fat. Who wants to eat cow fat? Apparently the dude next to me who ate every morsel of "grizzle". :wacko:

Proper marveling and fat content is very important to a good steak. The leaner the steak the tougher it is usually.

Different cuts have different levels of marbling. Too much or too little alters flavor. Ribeye has decent marbling. Most common cut that I bring home.