Sign in to follow this  
The PosterFormerlyKnownAs

Geek Club made small batch hot sauce

Was visiting some friends last night and they had me try a hot sauce, which sparked a memory (I think). Didnt we have someone here who made, bottled and sold hot sauce? Pretty sure I bought a few bottles back in the day and it was amazing - lots of fresh pepper flavour with the right touch of heat. Who can remind me of the maker and is it still available?

Thanks in advance.

https://www.luckydoghotsauce.com

He posts over at fbg's now, he was football_scooter here and fflivewire, I am not sure if that is his name at fbg.

I have bought alot of hot sauce from him but what he makes now is not as good as the original recipe.

Was visiting some friends last night and they had me try a hot sauce, which sparked a memory (I think). Didnt we have someone here who made, bottled and sold hot sauce? Pretty sure I bought a few bottles back in the day and it was amazing - lots of fresh pepper flavour with the right touch of heat. Who can remind me of the maker and is it still available?

Thanks in advance.

There is another poster, though he posts mostly on the mange board, ralphster

https://www.luckydoghotsauce.com

He posts over at fbg's now, he was football_scooter here and fflivewire, I am not sure if that is his name at fbg.

I have bought alot of hot sauce from him but what he makes now is not as good as the original recipe.

Yes - this is it. Huh ... to buy or not from someone who abandoned us for fbg? And sad to hear its not the same

Glorious sauce. But will probably try again.

El Yucateco is awesome, but I find the green chili sauce the best.

:thumbsup:

Had that stuff at the Mexican joint I used to frequent, solid

My wife has always made this spicy seasoned soy sauce that her mom made growing up. Has lemon a ton of habanero and other chile and some other secret stuff.

Shes recently started working with a manufacturing company. Got the FDA approvals etc etc.

After we make a batch, she reuses all of the peppers to make a blow your a$$ out spicy chutney. Its fire.

Thanks in advance.

That dude is like Sho on steroids, an angry deranged lunatic.

He makes decent hot sauce but has no business sense. You don't join a forum to pimp yourself out then spew hate all day erryday.

He lost a lot business due to his TDS.

My wife has always made this spicy seasoned soy sauce that her mom made growing up. Has lemon a ton of habanero and other chile and some other secret stuff.

Shes recently started working with a manufacturing company. Got the FDA approvals etc etc.

After we make a batch, she reuses all of the peppers to make a blow your a$$ out spicy chutney. Its fire.

My mouth is watering just reading that.

Send me a bottle of the soy.

Send me a bottle of the soy. Chutney Im not even sure if I like, but I dont see why not.

I grew up with spiceless Polish food, so you can imagine that moving to Phoenix was a jolt to my digestive system. In 29 years here I've adopted to a solid medium spice level, although I prefer medium/mild. The first year I moved here a bunch of us went to one of the spiciest restaurants in Phoenix (Los Dos Molinos for those who've been here). It darn near burned my tongue off. A few weeks ago the wife and I went to a relatively new Los Dos near us and... while a little hot for my tastes, I was able to eat it.

For Lucky Dog, my daughter and I like the green sauce which I believe is his second mildest. He makes some crazy spicy stuff with ghost peppers and the like.

I'm a jalapeno/poblano level sorta guy. I love smokey chipotle, and serranos are OK. I see habanero, get that shiot out of my face.

Ill trade you a bottle of my BILs restaurant dry rub for a bottle of the sauce. Would love the chutney too if at all possible. Im a fiend when it comes to spicy

you cant really blame someone who prefers fbg.

this place is a cesspool.

You do your part, don't pretend like you're above it :D

You do your part, don't pretend like you're above it :D

how far i have fallen :(

I don't think he "preferred" FBG, I feel like he was banned from here. Or at least became persona non grata and moved to FFLW, then maybe FBG depending on the timing of the death of FFLW. Am I mis-remembering? :cheers:

We did? And why are you talking like Tarzan? :huh: