Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency

Rumors saying Butler to Saints for Cooks

:wall:

Did Butler sleep with the lady BB cheated on his wife with?

Rumors saying Butler to Saints for Cooks

:wall:

Did Butler sleep with the lady BB cheated on his wife with?

They just signed Gilmore which makes Butler expendable. Having a killer secondary is great, but Cooks is on a different level. I am still not sure how that works out with Mitchell and Edelman. Idk how much total volume Cooks will receive. It would be a very hard combo to stop. Edelman underneath and Cooks over the top.

The Bears have reportedly offered Jeffery 13 mill/year. Idiots. Jeffery sucks and doesn't care about football. He laid down in his contract year. What's going to happen when he is paid?

The Bears have reportedly offered Jeffery 13 mill/year. Idiots. Jeffery sucks and doesn't care about football. He laid down in his contract year. What's going to happen when he is paid?

The Bears are a mess. They should be glad the Browns and the Jets exist.

How does BB chose Gilmore over Butler :doh:

hard to question him, but wtf

Butler is still restricted this year. Until you see what the contract for Gilmore looks like, it could be a one year deal like they did with Revis.

I feel Boldin was much more crafty than Marshall is and will be. Boldin can work the slot, break tackles, catch in traffic. When I watched the Jets last year they couldnt get Marshall open. And when he did he wasnt exactly sure handed.

Maybe Marshall will make the Giants real good on offense. I just dont see it nor think it matters if Eli and the oline plays like they did last year.

Marshall can ue his body much like boldin. Can break tackles and is really not much less sure handed. He can definitely work the middle.

Not even saying this just from his time as a Jet. I've been a fan of his since he came into the league

The Bears suck as usual

I would never offer him a single penny. He is lazy and often hurt.

• Like 1

Ted Ginn Jr a Saint

I've never met the man, but this seems a stretch

• Like 2

It's well past noon, and Romo has not been released.... Rumors are the Boys are looking to deal him now.. Which is the smart move - and a sign Stephen has gotten in the mix.

It's well past noon, and Romo has not been released.... Rumors are the Boys are looking to deal him now.. Which is the smart move - and a sign Stephen has gotten in the mix.

If they want to deal him, what are they going to get? His contract has a big number associated with it and he has played 5 games in 2 years at 36 years old. If he sneezes wrong, people are concerned that he will be done. Teams would like to get him to come over if he is released, but they are not going to give up much to trade for that contract. If they were to get a bag of balls, it would be a good deal.

If they want to deal him, what are they going to get? His contract has a big number associated with it and he has played 5 games in 2 years at 36 years old. If he sneezes wrong, people are concerned that he will be done. Teams would like to get him to come over if he is released, but they are not going to give up much to trade for that contract. If they were to get a bag of balls, it would be a good deal.

I don't know... But more importantly - I don't care. Something is better than nothing. Even if it were a 4th or a 5th - even a 7th, it's better than just letting him walk out the door for zilch.

I've never met the man, but this seems a stretch

:lol:

I hope so

Seems like the Jags, 49ers, Pats & Saints have upgraded so far.

I'm not too happy that the Cowboys once again have their hands tied.

Seems like the Jags, 49ers, Pats & Saints have upgraded so far.

I'm not too happy that the Cowboys once again have their hands tied.

Giants too

Giants too

I try not to think about them

I try not to think about them

Gonna need some more d-backs. Air NY takes flight this fall!

Gonna need some more d-backs. Air NY takes flight this fall!

or a D Line that gets Eli on his back :thumbsup:

And how the heck is Jacksonville now the place to be?

Florida taxes

you mean, lack of florida taxes as in no income tax.

Seven U.S. states currently don't have an income tax: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming. And residents of New Hampshire and Tennessee

or a D Line that gets Eli on his back :thumbsup:

And how the heck is Jacksonville now the place to be?

Jacksonville is winning FA tha year. The Campbell signing is really good. Coughlin likes those big ass D Lineman.

I don't know... But more importantly - I don't care. Something is better than nothing. Even if it were a 4th or a 5th - even a 7th, it's better than just letting him walk out the door for zilch.

They won't even get a conditional pick for him. While he has a relatively low $14m salary for next season, many teams would rather wait out the Cowboys. Remember, if they trade him, the Cowboys have to absorb the full $19.6M dead money on their cap this year.

Osweiler to the Browns for a second rounder. Dumb.

No. It is Osweiler, a 2nd and a 6th rounder for a 4th rounder. Even dumber for the Browns and they have to take on that contract. :lol:

No. It is Osweiler, a 2nd and a 6th rounder for a 4th rounder. Even dumber for the Browns and they have to take on that contract. :lol:

So stupid. They never fail to fail.

Why would Houston do this unless they were going to snag Romo?

So stupid. They never fail to fail.

They have to be thinking Garrett at #1, and a QB at 12. Since none of the QB's in the draft are pro-ready yet, they will have Osweiler take the beating for $16m this year and then they can decide whether to keep him based on his play. They have a ton of cap space and a lot of picks.

You have to figure that Romo would want to go there. Now, maybe Houston flips that 4th rounder for him.

• Like 1

Texans trade QB Brock Osweiler AND a 2018 second-round pick to Cleveland for the Browns to take Osweiler’s $16M salary of Houston’s books, per league sources. The move clears out millions in salary-cap space for Houston to intensify efforts to sign former Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, per sources. To be exact, Houston saves $16 million in cash and $10 million against their cap this season. The Texans also will get the Browns’ fourth-round pick this year in exchange for their own 6th-round pick. So Cleveland gets Osweiler’s contract, a 2018 second-round pick and a 2017 sixth-round pick, and Houston gets Cleveland’s 2017 fourth-round pick, saves $10 million in salary-cap space and $16 million in cash. Cleveland is not committed to keeping Osweiler and is likely to try to trade him, per sources. If so, it would turn into a basketball-like trade in which NBA teams routinely trade contracts to get them off their books; only it rarely, if ever, happens in the NFL. It’s hard to remember in the salary-cap era another team when a team traded a contract to get it off its books. But Houston was so anxious to rid itself of Osweiler and move on to its next quarterbacking chapter that it is giving Cleveland extra picks to take him and his contract. The Browns headed into this free-agent signing period with over $100 million worth of salary-cap space and would struggle to spend it all. Now they can devote some of it to Osweiler’s contract and acquiring extra draft picks from Houston. But this is one of the most, if not the most, creative trade in NFL history.

Wow did they want to get rid of Stiffweiler

?

Browns acquired Brock Osweiler, a 2018 second-round pick, and a 2017 sixth-round pick from the Texans in exchange for a 2017 fourth-round pick.

This is a straight salary dump the likes of which we normally only see in the NBA. Essentially, the Texans sent a second-round pick to Cleveland in order to get the Browns to take Osweiler's bloated deal off their hands. With zero cap concerns, the Browns can pay Osweiler the rest of the guaranteed money ($16 million) on his contract, give him a shot to win the starting job, and cut him next offseason with no financial ramifications if (when) it does not work out. With Osweiler off the books, the Texans look set to make a real run at Tony Romo.

Why would they not want do it? They are probably better with Savage starting.

Addition by subtraction. Brock is terrible, a fact the Browns fans will soon be well acquainted with. Romo or cutler would both be massive upgrades.

• Like 1