Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Whole foods must pay well

They pay sh1t, they treat their emplyees terribly and they have 3 holidays a year. xmas, thanksgiving and 4th of july and they get 2 weeks of vacation, it's a joke

My SIL works there

Theyre owned by Amazon, of course they suck as an employer.

• Like 1

Theyre owned by Amazon, of course they suck as an employer.

Hasn't been a year since that happened.

They did not lower pay, nor change anything to make it worse.

To be honest, most people at WF thought they were going to get laid off, they didn't

Hasn't been a year since that happened.

They did not lower pay, nor change anything to make it worse.

To be honest, most people at WF thought they were going to get laid off, they didn't

Give it time. It will get worse, guaranteed. Bezos goal is basically an employeeless store.

Doesnt it cost a azzload of cash to get permits to climb everest?

It is very common in third world countries for attractions and such to have a native price and a tourist price. Borobudur in Indonesia was free to Indonesians, cheap for other ASEAN nation citizens, and pricey for others. I think the Great Wall is similar, and I have heard that Maccu piccu in Peru has a similar setup.

Basically they encourage their citizens to see their cultural heritage, and white tourists pick up the tab for keeping the place running. Which is fair enough I suppose, I dont really have a problem with that.

Of course, If America ever did such a thing, wed be the focking Debbil.

So I imagine she pays much less for a permit than you or I would is my point.

It is very common in third world countries for attractions and such to have a native price and a tourist price. Borobudur in Indonesia was free to Indonesians, cheap for other ASEAN nation citizens, and pricey for others. I think the Great Wall is similar, and I have heard that Maccu piccu in Peru has a similar setup.

Basically they encourage their citizens to see their cultural heritage, and white tourists pick up the tab for keeping the place running. Which is fair enough I suppose, I dont really have a problem with that.

Of course, If America ever did such a thing, wed be the focking Debbil.

So I imagine she pays much less for a permit than you or I would is my point.

America does do it.

If you live in Colorado you can ski dirt cheap, Golf in AZ has local and yearly packages, Disneyland and theme parks have yearly rates that benefit locals, etc.

Local rates are not unusual.

There are dozens of dead bodies on Everest that can not be remove because of the altitude and climate.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=dead+bodies+on+everest&FORM=HDRSC2

America does do it.

If you live in Colorado you can ski dirt cheap, Golf in AZ has local and yearly packages, Disneyland and theme parks have yearly rates that benefit locals, etc.

There are dozens of dead bodies on Everest that can not be remove because of the altitude and climate.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=dead+bodies+on+everest&FORM=HDRSC2

I didnt know that about Colorado and Arizona.

I was more talking about things like the Statue of Liberty, but thats interesting.

I thought it was really strange when we entered Laos from Thailand via the land border. It appears that each nationality is charged whatever their country charges Laotians for a visa.

So the fiancée didnt even need a visa. I got a broom handle broken off in me as an American, and the Canadians got the worst hosing.

Only time ever shes entered a country easier than me, except her own.

I didnt know that about Colorado and Arizona.

I was more talking about things like the Statue of Liberty, but thats interesting.

I thought it was really strange when we entered Laos from Thailand via the land border. It appears that each nationality is charged whatever their country charges Laotians for a visa.

So the fiancée didnt even need a visa. I got a broom handle broken off in me as an American, and the Canadians got the worst hosing.

Only time ever shes entered a country easier than me, except her own.

Hawaii has kama'aina rates for most attractions. All you need is a local ID for a 50%+ discount relative to tourists.

Hawaii has kama'aina rates for most attractions. All you need is a local ID for a 50%+ discount relative to tourists.

Everywhere Ive lived State Parks gave locals a break.

Give it time. It will get worse, guaranteed. Bezos goal is basically an employeeless store.

The whole foods in question, that my SIL and BIL work at, is on a fish pier.

Not sure a robot can take the fish off a boat and filet it, as needed.

maybe, who knows.