Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

Done for the week.

Already sitting at the lake, drink in one hand cigar in the other. Getting the campfire started it's a beautiful evening. You guys should try to get away from the political slap fights and get out in the Great Outdoors. :cheers:

Anywho, to all of you that have jobs have a great Labor Day weekend.

• Like 6

Kids?

I have two and they're here with me and the wife. 34C

• Like 1

:cheers:

Off this week, golf yesterday, tomorrow, and Sunday. Draft on Saturday. One of my favorite weeks of the year.

Heading up to June Lake in the Sierras tomorrow morning. Annual camping trip with the boys. 5 days of dirt bikes, guns and beers. :wub:

What lake?

Andrusia

On the Cass Lake chain.

• Like 1

Heading up to June Lake in the Sierras tomorrow morning. Annual camping trip with the boys. 5 days of dirt bikes, guns and beers. :wub:

Enjoy. :cheers:

• Like 1

Landed in Maui half hour ago, sunny and clear post hurricane.

Winning

• Like 2

I have two and they're here with me and the wife. 34C

That's great!.

Man, I hope you guys have a great time Rholio, I really do. I want you to do me , yourself and your family a favor;

For at least the rest of the week and all through the weekend don't even think about guys like Alan Thicke or John Ritter who were having a great time with their kids and just dropped dead from a sudden aortic dissection. I mean the odds are against it. Seriously there's probably no more than a 1:5 chance that happens. And that's no way to go through life.

And you know those stories especially up in Minnesota and their about swear kids go out they have a great time and then they get bitten by a tick and like a week later they're in a Perpetual coma on a ventilator for life? Man, just get your kids some long sleeves and some bug spray. That almost never happens.

Seriously, have a great time!

Jealous !!!!!!

That's great!.

Man, I hope you guys have a great time really oh, I really do. I want you to do me and your family a favor.

For at least the rest of the week and all through the weekend don't even think about guys like Alan Thicke or John Ritter who were having a great time with their kids and just drop dead from a sudden aortic dissection. I mean the odds are against it. Seriously you're probably no more than a 1:5 chance that happens. And that's no way to go through life.

Does he have a bicuspid aortic valve? Stenosis? Regurgitation? Dilation?

Good luck NV!

Already sitting at the lake, drink in one hand cigar in the other. Getting the campfire started it's a beautiful evening. You guys should try to get away from the political slap fights and get out in the Great Outdoors. :cheers:

4 day weekend starting friday night :cheers: :banana:

:cheers: Have a good time enjoying what's left of summer.

Does he have a bicuspid aortic valve? Stenosis? Regurgitation? Dilation?

Good luck NV!

Not that I know of. :o

• Like 1

Summer sucks. :thumbsdown:

I'm dealing with it less and less as the years go. I will be living in Prescott in the next 5 years. Daughter needs to graduate from college and get settled, then I'm GOOOOOOOONE

I'm dealing with it less and less as the years go. I will be living in Prescott in the next 5 years. Daughter needs to graduate from college and get settled, then I'm GOOOOOOOONE

Somehow, living here 29+ years, I've never been to Prescott. All of my kids have, for various camp-type events. I live in the east valley which is farther than you, but seriously though, I need to visit Whiskey Row and Prescott in general.

That being said, decades ago we decided to invest more in our Phoenix house vs. a second house somewhere. But as we approach being empty nesters we are open to downsizing our current house and getting a second summer house.

Summer sucks. :thumbsdown:

Come up to minny in January. You'll have a new appreciation for summer after that.

• Like 1

That being said, decades ago we decided to invest more in our Phoenix house vs. a second house somewhere. But as we approach being empty nesters we are open to downsizing our current house and getting a second summer house.

Wow, this is really crazy. You know who else was an empty nester?

Andrea Yates.😐

That's eerie.

That's exactly what Alan Thicke said. 😐

Don't jinx me! :mad:

• Like 1

😁

No kidding man, I am supremely jealous. Have a fantastic time. Treasure this. It goes way too fast.

👍

...and then☠

Come up to minny in January. You'll have a new appreciation for summer after that.

I grew up in PA and spent college in MA, I'm aware of the suckiness of winters. Combined with my wife having Raynaud's disease (basically her fingers and toes don't do well in cold), we'll never live in a cold place again. :thumbsup:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/raynauds-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20363571

Somehow, living here 29+ years, I've never been to Prescott. All of my kids have, for various camp-type events. I live in the east valley which is farther than you, but seriously though, I need to visit Whiskey Row and Prescott in general.

Spent every summer as a kid at my grandparents cabin in Prescott. Love it up there. Good on you for being the position to get a second home. Check out Groom Creek, beautiful, grandparents cabin is still there.

Today's agenda. When I finally drag my ass out of bed...

Get in 18 holes of golf. Smoke a 20 lb brisket. Putting it on my pellet grill at 250. This sucker is huge. Could take up to 24 hours to smoke. I'll wrap it after 12 hours with brown butcher's paper. When it reaches 203 degrees I'll pull it and put it in a cooler for two hours. Going to be awsome.

Hows work today boys?

• Like 2

Today's agenda. When I finally drag my ass out of bed...

Get in 18 holes of golf. Smoke a 20 lb brisket. Putting it on my pellet grill at 250. This sucker is huge. Could take up to 24 hours to smoke. I'll wrap it after 12 hours with brown butcher's paper. When it reaches 203 degrees I'll pull it and put it in a cooler for two hours. Going to be awsome.

Hows work today boys?

Sunday spent 4 hours on the lake with the wife riding the jetskis. Tuesday smoked 3 slabs of ribs @ 225 on the Egg. Labor day weekend will see more jetski action and smoking a pork shoulder.

Sunday spent 4 hours on the lake with the wife riding the jetskis. Tuesday smoked 3 slabs of ribs @ 225 on the Egg. Labor day weekend will see more jetski action and smoking a pork shoulder.

Awsome. Enjoy. :cheers:

• Like 2

Enjoy...

Yet you are still online posting at a football message board...

Drop the technology completely, then you will get to enjoy the Great Outdoors...

:mad: I hope a tree falls on your cooler.

I'll be leaving tomorrow to float down a river in Nebraska all weekend with a few cases of beer.

Enjoy your weekends everyone!

• Like 1

Working out well I see.

I got sh1t to do tomorrow for clinicals and a paper due Saturday by noon. Should be done by tomorrow night with everything so I can enjoy the rest of the weekend. Grilling out (not bbqing you heathens), watching college football, and drinking beer. Should be a good Saturday