Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Me too

"hey baby, can you bring me those invoices?"

vs.

"hey hon, can you bring me those invoices?"

very different vibe imo. i would not want my wife or daughter exposed to the first. first seems lecherous. second seems more endearing.

The point though is, it's completely subjective.

To wit: Some women hate being called Ma'am or Miss.

You want I should call you 'sir?"

Also - Many feel that 'actress' is sexist. They prefer to be called 'actors'.

Basically, they're all just insecure self-hating knts who want everything men have - but god for focking bid you try to horn in on anything that's 'just for us girls'.

The point though is, it's completely subjective.

To wit: Some women hate being called Ma'am or Miss.

You want I should call you 'sir?"

Also - Many feel that 'actress' is sexist. They prefer to be called 'actors'.

Basically, they're all just insecure self-hating knts who want everything men have - but god for focking bid you try to horn in on anything that's 'just for us girls'.

It is subjective. As a male, I feel as if anything could potentially misconstrued. I am cautious anyway.... Just scared as hell about any interaction.

That's why, whenever I ever one on one meeting with the ladies, I always have HR right there front and center.

By the way HR is my nickname for my diick.

Me too. I was a towel boy for a swimsuit catalog. I was held down while 4 of the models fed me their breasts and vajaynas. Then they forced me to make love to them all in a row. It was the most traumatizing experience of my life, I was only a 25 year old boy! Oh the humanity!

"hey baby, can you bring me those invoices?"

vs.

"hey hon, can you bring me those invoices?"

very different vibe imo. i would not want my wife or daughter exposed to the first. first seems lecherous. second seems more endearing.

Ok so a guy says hey baby. Are you saying she should file a sexual harassment complaint with her employer?

Ok so a guy says hey baby. Are you saying she should file a sexual harassment complaint with her employer?

There could be grounds for that, yes. It’s suggestive enough to make her feel uncomfortable.

There could be grounds for that, yes. Its suggestive enough to make her feel uncomfortable.

And this is where I say women should toughen up. But then again, I don't have a daughter. Truthfully if I did I might feel totally different

There could be grounds for that, yes. It’s suggestive enough to make her feel uncomfortable.

If it is not welcomed she should make reasonable attempts to create a safe work environment with the guy and HR. if it is marginal behavior, he should have an opportunity to correct it. if it is egregious he could get fired on the spot.

It's not like this is new; I entered the workforce in 1989 just when the (then) new sexual harassment rules were put into place. Manufacturing areas all over the country had to take down their Snap-On Tools calendars (if you are an old fart like me you remember those) and they were none too happy about it.

That being said, common sense quickly took over. Yeah, those calendars were offensive. Calling a girl "babe" as well.

My concern now is that we have jettisoned into the age of "I can find anything and everything offensive and I am right and you are wrong." Common sense has been thrown out the window. :(

• Like 1

If it is not welcomed she should make reasonable attempts to create a safe work environment with the guy and HR. if it is marginal behavior, he should have an opportunity to correct it. if it is egregious he could get fired on the spot.

And who gets to define marginal? What if this guy really and truly believed calling her baby was meant to be nice and not a sexual thing???

Words are hard to legislate.

And who gets to define marginal? What if this guy really and truly believed calling her baby was meant to be nice and not a sexual thing???

i don't entirely disagree with you. HR is going to be cautious and side with the one who voiced their complaint.

i don't entirely disagree with you. HR is going to be cautious and side with the one who voiced their complaint.

But is that fair??

Maybe I have a view of the world that is unrealistic but I'd hope hr sits down with this guy, tells him why it wasn't appropriate and let's him learn and move on.

Sadly that doesn't seem like it's sufficient anymore.

But is that fair??

Maybe I have a view of the world that is unrealistic but I'd hope hr sits down with this guy, tells him why it wasn't appropriate and let's him learn and move on.

Sadly that doesn't seem like it's sufficient anymore.

of course not

Thats a term that is blatantly suggestive and the idea is that it puts the woman in a tough spot. React negatively and be labeled a bithc or worse yet embarrass the guy. Ask any woman, a guy comes on to her, she says not interested and he turns into a passive aggressive psychopath. Or smile and then the guy thinks she wants to bang him and he pushes harder, creating more tough spots.

I fully agree with women being touchy and sensitive over it because there are fine lines we men dont worry about with just each other.

Agreed. This only desensitizes us to real rape and harassment.

bingo. The same thing with non racist things being made into a racial issues. At a certain point. You tune it out. All of it. And the legit things get missed.

I have seen women that could not get a rabid Rottweiler to kiss her with a pork chop tied to her mustache say...me too.

Hahahaha. Yea right. You could not pay someone to harass you.

Yeah, try going 3 hours in the South without being called sweetie, honey, darlin, etc.

BTW, just as they conflated rape and harassment, the FB thing above is an example of conflating "shiit that annoys me" with TRUE 'sexual harrassment".

And the reason why sexual harrassment will never end is simple: It's entirely subjective. Not just by the 'victim' but by the 'perpetrator' of that 'victim'.

- OOOOh I hate it when Todd from AP looks at me! You just know what HE's thinking!

" - Why doesn't Alan from HR ever look at me? I wore my sexiest outfit - and NOTHING!

I mean, try to codify that. And yet, just like the Brown ones, they throw out "Well, IF I FEEL....."

Oh fock you and your feelings. Give me a GD rule book or STFUP.

I've already heard Samantha Bee (quiet) throwing snark at guys who refuse to meet one on one with women - because it can hurt women's careers.

Well WTF would you have us do? I'm not playing focking russian hormone roullette here. Insult a broad's contribution at the monthly pot luck and the next thing you know, you're holding a box walking out of HR.

They used to think I was weird both at the college I used to work at and the primary school in china that I refused to ever be in a room alone with students.

My boss in china asked me why once. I showed him a dozen stories of teachers being accused of misconduct and being arrested.

I asked him. If some parent called you and told you I did something inappropriate, what would you do?

Well I would have to fire you and call the appropriate authorities.

Of course you would. Anything else would be irresponsible. And that is why I refuse to put myself in a situation where the word of one child can have me in a prison halfway around the earth from home.

I actually know a guy who is doing 15 years in Chinese prison for allegedly molesting a kid. Everyone who works there says its bullsh!t. But hes in there anyway.

And this is where I say women should toughen up. But then again, I don't have a daughter. Truthfully if I did I might feel totally different

Hypothetical can size? :mad:

It looks like a lot of sensitive caring liberal men don’t like the society they have been building. You can’t have it both ways guys so move to the back of the line. It is too late, you are no longer in charge.

The women have created a double standard for men. They only want the men they are interested in to come on to them. They get to pick and choose who notices them and they will let you know where you fall. From the posts in this thread it appears most of you are on the wrong side of the eight ball.

• Like 1

They get to pick and choose who notices them and they will let you know where you fall.

The problem with this stuff being a huge focus of social consciousness right now is that it puts women (and men) in giant boats.

How many women in the work world are trying to be alluring? Legitimately sexually alluring, not just put together and attractive. There are many, I'm sure, but in proportion to women who don't want an extra layer of energy and focus dominating their work life (either married with families, or single but professional)...I think there's many more of the latter. Because this is the buzz right now, all the focus is on what gives fodder to it. There's probably lots of dissenting voices, but no one is looking for them.

Also, even with younger women who like to look good, they don't all think this way. Faith Goldy here is a good example of a more reasonable voice. Some of what the blonde has to say seems like going too far in the other direction though. Actually too dismissive.

Personally certain styles of cat calls do bother me a little. Flattering sure, but if I give you a "yeah yeah, hi to you too" smile as I'm walking on, that is nice enough. You're not entitled to nicer. It can be a burden/annoyance, but when is being in an urban environment even relatively free of that, for anyone.

How many women in the work world are trying to be alluring? Legitimately sexually alluring, not just put together and attractive

Here's the problem right here. Who's drawing that line? A pencil skirt and stilettos can be 'job interview classy' or "take me, F me now."

and in this case, it's both genders - probably even worse with women:

Some guy shows up straight from the job site - "Ooh, gross - take a shower at least!" "No way! That's SO hot!"

But more importantly, you're falling into the trap: "Oh, so now a woman can't dress any way she chooses because YOU Mister Maaan, can't control your hormones?" :mad:

Here's the problem right here. Who's drawing that line? A pencil skirt and stilettos can be 'job interview classy' or "take me, F me now."

and in this case, it's both genders - probably even worse with women:

Some guy shows up straight from the job site - "Ooh, gross - take a shower at least!" "No way! That's SO hot!"

But more importantly, you're falling into the trap: "Oh, so now a woman can't dress any way she chooses because YOU Mister Maaan, can't control your hormones?" :mad:

I get what you're saying with the last sentence there but I was considering behavior indicators.

For the women who are trying to dress sexually alluring, okay, maybe they will be taking tabs...'Tom who I want to notice me didn't look my way, but leering Bob did instead :cry: ' That's the dynamic Baker Boy was getting at - "The women have created a double-standard." Most women are not keeping such tabs at work though.

Our ideas of "men" and "women" when we talk about stuff like this seem to be informed by the poles..lascivious dudes and women actively keyed into their sexuality in the workplace. This is not men and women though. The powers that be want us squabbling.

Twitter and Facebook: A bunch of chicks throwing up #metoo so they can get their attention and let everyone know how virtuous they are.

Instagram: Those same chicks posting pics of dat azz in yoga pants and fish face selfies showing off their DSLs.

What a time to be alive.

It looks like a lot of sensitive caring liberal men don’t like the society they have been building. You can’t have it both ways guys so move to the back of the line. It is too late, you are no longer in charge.

The women have created a double standard for men. They only want the men they are interested in to come on to them. They get to pick and choose who notices them and they will let you know where you fall. From the posts in this thread it appears most of you are on the wrong side of the eight ball.

https://i.imgur.com/f7FdEdG.jpg

Some women actively care and think about that stuff.

Many, many don't. Those many many women who don't are not having their opinions asked.

We should be more disturbed that the media, et al., want women to feel pressured to get on their bandwagon, and for everyone in general, this distorted reality is shaping perceptions.

Twitter and Facebook: A bunch of chicks throwing up #metoo so they can get their attention and let everyone know how virtuous they are.

Instagram: Those same chicks posting pics of dat azz in yoga pants and fish face selfies showing off their DSLs.

What a time to be alive.

well said.

dsls???

Forgive wiff; that's an apparently that's an upcharge with prostitutes so him being a frugal guy he doesn't know about that.

As opposed to you who lists that under the 'additional skill's section of your job applications.

As opposed to you who lists that under the 'additional skill's section of your job applications.

:lol:

DSL would be an attribute and not a skill. Further proof wiff couldn't get laid in a monkey wh0rehouse with a bag full of bananas.

#metoo is now evolving into child molestation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/10/30/this-is-bigger-than-me-breanna-stewart-says-she-was-molested-starting-when-she-was-9/

Another cause gone off the rails? Or does an inappropriate comment = fondling a 9 year old? :dunno:

Child molestation was always a part of this I thought

Child molestation was always a part of this I thought

Exactly.

For those that objectively look at Hollywood, we knew the 'metoo' was going to migrate to the kids. It would explain a great deal of how focked up they get.

For every 1 person that shares a real story there will now be 10 looking for attention and exaggerating.

For every 1 person that shares a real story there will now be 10 looking for attention and exaggerating.

that is literally how you kill a "movement" when you see known wh0res of all walks of life do the me too it becomes a joke. Then you get the men in on it. Metoobro. It's over. No one takes it seriously.

in the weird L.A. film subculture where men patted women’s fannies as routinely as New York men pecked their cheeks!

- Steven King - It - 1986

well, for you kids playing the home game:

Rose McGowan has a felony warrant issued for her right now.

she left f'ing narcotics on a plane back in january.

was tested and - voila. Cops have been trying to reach her. She's on a national felony warrant dbase.

And, of course, she's saying that if she hadn't blown the whistle and took Wienstein's money, there'd be no charges/warrant.

Because she's too stupid to understand how a calendar works.

Men aren't just evil and all powerful perverts, we're also focking psychics apparently.

And oh, BTW - Don't leave your DRUGS on a plane.

well, for you kids playing the home game:

Rose McGowan has a felony warrant issued for her right now.

she left f'ing narcotics on a plane back in january.

was tested and - voila. Cops have been trying to reach her. She's on a national felony warrant dbase.

And, of course, she's saying that if she hadn't blown the whistle and took Wienstein's money, there'd be no charges/warrant.

Because she's too stupid to understand how a calendar works.

Men aren't just evil and all powerful perverts, we're also focking psychics apparently.

And oh, BTW - Don't leave your DRUGS on a plane.

Somewhere Weinstein is chuckling while rubbing one out.