Sign in to follow this  
Gypsybrat

Go Colts

I don't think we can retro change the rule. From this point on.. we can have the rule we'll fix it or whatever

what rule are you referring to changing retroactively?

I'll attempt to call him tonight if he doesn't respond to any of this here.

I think CBF said he monitored it last week when the Colts were on a bye and Gary actually adjusted his lineup. This is the first week Gary did nothing to his lineup.

He changed his lineup last Saturday, but I believe he still ended up playing Shepard, whereas another guy had 3 points or so.

I just think going back to change Thursday games creates bad precedent.

- What if Ed was watching and cheering against Quick?

- What if Gary thought Quick was going to go off, felt Shepard would play, and planned to change the rest of his lineup before tomorrows games? (I know this isnt the case, but Im thinking about next time)

- What if Arizona has been projected higher than the Chargers and we had to remove their 19 pts?

- Is Williams still a starter for him?

- Doesnt it create a situation where a shady owner that knows he is leaving could take lineup risks with the knowledge that if it doesnt work out he can bail and then have the safer lineup entered on his behalf, potentially burning someone on the way out?

- Mobb tried to quit after Gronk wasnt allowed into his lineup. Shouldnt we have put Gronk in since Mobb was supposedly done?

I can come up with more wild scenarios if I try.

He changed his lineup last Saturday, but I believe he still ended up playing Shepard, whereas another guy had 3 points or so.

I just think going back to change Thursday games creates bad precedent.

- What if Ed was watching and cheering against Quick? Then I feel a tad sorry for Ed, but thats not really an issue.

- What if Gary thought Quick was going to go off, felt Shepard would play, and planned to change the rest of his lineup before tomorrows games? (I know this isnt the case, but Im thinking about next time) Then we are not talking of an owner who quit....not relevant

- What if Arizona has been projected higher than the Chargers and we had to remove their 19 pts? Then Arizona is put in as a starter....this isnt a "who does it benefit" thing....but setting a precedent for any future occurrence.

- Is Williams still a starter for him? This depends on projected scoring.

- Doesnt it create a situation where a shady owner that knows he is leaving could take lineup risks with the knowledge that if it doesnt work out he can bail and then have the safer lineup entered on his behalf, potentially burning someone on the way out? If he set a line up....then of course we wouldnt reverse it. There are rules to punish people who set lineups to lose....so this seems covered.

- Mobb tried to quit after Gronk wasnt allowed into his lineup. Shouldnt we have put Gronk in since Mobb was supposedly done? If an owner put in a line-up then its set. its not like we are going back to change week 1 through 10 of Garys lineups....just the one where he quit and didnt set a lineup.

I can come up with more wild scenarios if I try.

I understand we could come up with all kinds of scenarios......but tell me, what is wrong with retroactively changing a lineup of an owner who quit? It seems like the fairest thing and a good blanket coverage of most normal scenarios for the future. The only other thing that would work for any future occurrences would be to let the line up "as is" for the week and either find an owner before the next week or put in the projected high scorers for a lineup as you suggested.

I am onboard with changing his lineup to the players yet to play with the highest projected points remaining. I dont like the idea of going back and changing anything retroactively, but we can make it as good as possible going forward.

Option 2. But his line up needs to be fixed for this week also (Sterling Shepard, Brian Quick, Benny Cunningham, Josh Hill, and debatably Charcandrick West should not have been started ahead of LeGarrette Blount, T.Y. Hilton, Jaron Brown, Jack Doyle and maybe Danny Woodhead).

the issue i have here, and its only a minor issue is that we can't start debating which players should be started over which if its not a case of injury or bye week or clearly starting like a 3rd string player. Someone like Charcandrick West for example is a potentially viable option in PPR on a bad team. If we start going down that road, we are going to have owners bickering over who is the better start for an absentee owner team, Blount or West and really we don't need to debate that.

Two options.

1. The Wheelchair Exception - If you are unable to walk, your life is so chaotic and sloppy that you cant set a lineup, but you promise to get it together and be an ideal owner next season, the commish will enter in your highest projected lineup at the start of the week.

2. The Beer and Urine Pool (see what the El Padrino did there?) - We pool those 2 rosters together and we have a 2 team draft at the beginning of the offseason. Commish still needs to enter the highest projected Urine lineup prior to games next week.

My heart wants to enact The Wheelchair Exception. Losing Gary would make our league less lovable. Really, it would mark the end of our innocence...... But intellectually, Ive made my views on these type issues known when other owners were being discussed. And Gary isnt even giving us the out of guaranteeing he will step up going forward.

So with the information currently available, if it comes to an official vote, Ill vote based on principle as opposed to emotion.

unfortunately I dont agree with either of these as an option.

If you can't set lineups once per week and your life is so "woah is me" that you just can't do it (but have time to post at the geek club with regularity asking for adivice on product purchases, etc...), you just don't belong in a FF league. I know I'm a relative newbie to DNDL but im no newbie to FF or dynasties. I know I also sound like a ###### but a commish should never be responsible for setting a lineup for any owner. You're going to open up a whole can of worms with people questioning the lineups decisions. Unless you go strictly by a guideline of "top scoring player at each position, year to date, provided not on bye or injured".

and yes, I know you said highest projected lineup but projections change up until kickoff If I remember correctly. (i know they do in ESPN).

I also have no earthly idea why GoColts would be REWARDED with an expansion draft to boost a team for him to keep that he admittedly doesn't keep track of.......

Proposal two is basically "lets give Gary a better team because he did such a great job this year, oh and on top of that, we will set all his lineups for him!" :wacko:

If we do not change out players already played, We are setting a precedent that cannot possibly be feasible if this happens again.

dont overthink it.

If we happen into a scenario where an owner doesnt change his lineup for sunday, it is what it is. That lineup does not get retroactively changed and that owner is gone.

I would assume if we go the route of setting the lineup for Gary that he would be removed from the league as well (at the end of the year or sooner). The two team draft would be 2 new owners.

I would assume if we go the route of setting the lineup for Gary that he would be removed from the league as well (at the end of the year or sooner). The two team draft would be 2 new owners.

i would hope so but Falcons 2nd proposal seemed to include Gary as on of the owners drafting from the pool of the 2 teams..... but i may have misread that. I saw the part about still needing to enter the highest projected lineups. Maybe CBF just meant for the rest of this season.

in which case I am all for option #2

a solid dynasty person can field a good team from that pool of players. I could mock it out right now.

i would hope so but Falcons 2nd proposal seemed to include Gary as on of the owners drafting from the pool of the 2 teams..... but i may have misread that. I saw the part about still needing to enter the highest projected lineups. Maybe CBF just meant for the rest of this season.

a solid dynasty person can field a good team from that pool of players. I could mock it out right now.

No... if we have to interviene he's out and no takesies backsies.

We'd do a 2 team fraft with all their players and those available.

And you focked me up with saying Falcon's proposals..cause that happens to be my last name. Haha...

No... if we have interviene he's out and no takesies backsies.

We'd do a 2 team fraft with all their players and those available.

And you focked me up with saying Falcon's proposals..cause that happens to be my last name. Haha...

sweet last name

sweet last name

I tried to name my daughter Millenium, but the wife was adamantly against it. She could have had any rich nerd she wanted.
  • Like 1

No, you misunderstood....or I worded it unclearly.

Essentially the league takes over Garys team for the remainder of week 12 and week 13. I feel we should start highest projected lineup available.

Then early in the offseason we create the beer and urine pool plus all free agents and have a 2 team draft. I will lead off and donate $75 towards league fees/financial incentives for the new owners.

Yeah, I cant count the number of times your wife has told me what a huge point of convenience this has been for her.

Yeah, I cant count the number of times your wife has told me what a huge point of convenience this has been for her.

Much easier to sign the 1960's guest book at the travel lodge

I just want to say fock that white trash moocher GC. We pay the dudes way for almost a decade, then he bones out mid-season, and acts like he did some sort of favor by paying an extra 50$ of his dead parents money. Its BEYOND BELIEF how focking backwards this retard thinks. Should have listened to the narc 3-4 years back. Good riddance.

Plus I call bullsh!t! Haha.. she's an amazon compared.. 5'10. :lol:

*Michael Kay Voice* See Ya!

Plus I call bullsh!t! Haha.. she's an amazon compared.. 5'10. :lol:

I make exceptions for the wives of my league mates.....because I respect you. :dunno:

My vote goes like this.

1. Sux/Gypsy calls Gary and makes him adjust the rest of his lineup before tomorrow. Commish sets it next week. Then thats that.

But if that cant be done...

2. Lineup is:

Ryan

The Garret Blunt

Woodersonhead

Shepard

Quick

TWill

Hilton

Doyle

Gostkowski

Chargers

Thats the highest projected lineup remaining I believe. Any other decision in regards to games already played creates new questions and scenarios that would be problematic going forward. I could give examples, but some of you can get there on your own.

SO we are unanimous....I agree with this also :cheers:

Whats the drop dead on this?

Even if Colts wants to come back.....I say no way. Kick him now and lock him out of the website.

Even if Colts wants to come back.....I say no way. Kick him now and lock him out of the website.

Hrrmm.. alright. Becuase of the total lack of response other than I let you down and I'm too busy.. cause you know.. none of us have jobs, kids, wives, and lives either..

Ya...

Make it a poll or put it to a vote so we can keep track...and we go...

To the annoyance of some I presume, Ive always defended Gary....in part because Ive always felt like he was a guy that cared, but just has trouble keeping his head above water......and in part because Id always rather err on the side of being too forgiving than being too harsh. Those factors probably even connected in how I approached him.

But yeah, he is done here. Ill still care about him as a person and act in whatever way that entails....but the league has to move on. No real counter point I can logically see.

So.... seems a majority already?

Ayes: cbfalcon, mmmmm...beer, gypsy/sux, whitewonder, mobb_deep, kutulu, bigtraine (i think?)

Nays:

Does majority vote take it per the bylaws?

Hrrmm.. just looked. Is nothing on majority vote, but I believe we've used majority rules in other matters ie voting on new rules like PPR.

It looks as though Garys crime falls under the Rule II,(H)BLS Rule,(1)&(2) sub sections.

1. No Manager shall take actions to intentionally lose games or points. These actions include, but are not limited to:

Knowingly leaving starting roster positions empty.

Benching top players for scrubs.

Releasing top players to Waiver Wire.

Collusion: Managers taking collaborated actions to improve a team at the expense of another.

2. Any Manager(s) judged to be partaking in such actions will get last pick of the following years draft. Continued bad behavior will result in league expulsion!

We have bylaws? I thought we just shot from the hip.

But yeah, he is out. Mobb should try and put in the best remaining lineup. Or we leave it to Ed on Monday, because that will somehow be funny.

I tried to set a line up but I had missed the Thursday game, would not let me change.

I have let everyone down by messing up my lineup this week.

I deserve to be booted because I failed to put in a proper line up this week.

There is no focking way in hell I am EVER playing Fantasy football or even watching another NFL game. The reasons are not important. I am certain nobody gives a fock why.

Still does not excuse me missing this weeks deadline. My fault. Sorry.

Someone might as well take it over now, I have focked this all up, I can see some are pissed and will NEVER get over it, sorry I let you down. I do not deserve the team any longer.

We have bylaws? I thought we just shot from the hip.

But yeah, he is out. Mobb should try and put in the best remaining lineup. Or we leave it to Ed on Monday, because that will somehow be funny.

:thumbsup:

I tried to set a line up but I had missed the Thursday game, would not let me change.

There is no focking way in hell I am EVER playing Fantasy football or even watching another NFL game. The reasons are not important. I am certain nobody gives a fock why.

Someone might as well take it over now, I have focked this all up, I can see some are pissed and will NEVER get over it, sorry I let you down. I do not deserve the team any longer.

Gary my man....this is just Fantasy Football. Sometimes life gets in the way, it happens. It looks like you just missed turning in a lineup....not the end of the world. This will not change how I feel about you overall.

But you have stated on multiple posts that you are done with Fantasy Football (which we are taking as a declaration of quitting), so as a league we have decided to move forward without you. This frees you up from the hassle of having to monitor your team and allows us to find a more committed owner.

I wish you nothing but the best Gary! :cheers:

• Like 1

There are holes in your post. For example, even if you were unable to changeout Shepard, you could still have put in the remainder of your lineup for Sunday. And while you made lineup changes to bye week players last week, Im not sure why you left in a running back named Cunningham instead of starting Woodhead and Blount.

But its all fine. I echo the words of Gypsys post.

We all have real lives with real drama. Message boards and fantasy football leagues are supposed to be escapes from that real life, as opposed to being something that adds another layer of heft. And while its true of all of us in particular moments, it seems being in this league has consistently been quite the burden on you. Consider it lifted and breathe a sigh of relief. The El Padrinos franchise will still hold you close to its bosom should you require warmth during the cold and unforgiving winters to come.

• Like 1

^^ What these guys said, except the exact opposite. Especially the part about holding one anothers bosoms.

i dont know as much about Gary as you guys do but it seems that youve all more or less done a lot for him in terms of paying his way through this league in the last because of the state of his life and now all of the sudden, I assume his life is taking a turn for the better and he doesnt have time for football and your league. Throw on top of it the part where his only responses have been oozing in self pity and yeah....

gonzo

so after all that debate he just keeps his shitastic lineup in?

so after all that debate he just keeps his shitastic lineup in?

Gary said he felt this lineup would win. We have to respect that.

Gary said he felt this lineup would win. We have to respect that.

he should be booted just for that