Sign in to follow this  
Junkie

RGIII?

The temptation is building. It's gonna be a shootout in NO. Anybody else starting him, an what do you expect?

It's hard to start a rookie QB in his first NFL start, but I keep thinking about all those poor saps who had Cam on their bench against the Cards week 1 last season.

The temptation is building. It's gonna be a shootout in NO. Anybody else starting him, an what do you expect?

It's hard to start a rookie QB in his first NFL start, but I keep thinking about all those poor saps who had Cam on their bench against the Cards week 1 last season.

I dont see him as a top 12 option for week one but I guess if he was my best available I would have to roll him out over guys like flacco/dalton/palmer/ect..

that NO def is mad as hell and may just have somthing to prove in the opener :cheers:

Starting him in 2 leagues and expect about 250 + 2 TDs. they will have to throw and Shanahan likes to throw anyway. I also expect they'll take the training wheels off his running and he'll add about 50 yds on the ground.

I would be very tempted to start him in both leagues i have him but own stafford in both. Not benching stafford for rg3.

The matchup is what's intriguing to me. My other option, Romo, will be running for his life from the Giants Df. Griffin will be running, but more likely will be running for TDs. I knew the second I drafted Griffin that I would be struggling to make a decision week to week.

The matchup is what's intriguing to me. My other option, Romo, will be running for his life from the Giants Df. Griffin will be running, but more likely will be running for TDs. I knew the second I drafted Griffin that I would be struggling to make a decision week to week.

If I had the luxury, I'd definitely wait to start RGIII. I don't so he plays.

RGIII gets all the press when a much better QB in Indy with some decent weapons is real quiet

Thinking about starting him over cutler but still not sure. Cutler plays the colts.

I'm starting Cutler/Marshall over him. Kinda hard to bench that against the Colts.

RGIII gets all the press when a much better QB in Indy with some decent weapons is real quiet

Is Luck really that much better, if at all, or is RGIII just different. Don't make me drop the racist card on you!!!! Seriously though, I feel RGIII throws a better ball and has the better athletic skills.

Start rg3 over romo. Tonight's game will be ugly. Romo's stat line will be kinda weak.

I'm starting RGIII over Palmer, but he gets the bench with Brees & Ryan in my other two leagues I have RGIII.

RG3 over Romo.

I'm thinking the Saints will probably get an early lead and RG3 will get some garbage points.

I'm guessing 250yds 2TDs 2 INTs 40yds rushing 1 rushing TD

Start rg3 over romo. Tonight's game will be ugly. Romo's stat line will be kinda weak.

Don't be so sure. Romo almost always puts up big against the Giants. I think they are both solid starts this week.

Don't be so sure. Romo almost always puts up big against the Giants. I think they are both solid starts this week.

I'm juggling with this right now. I seriously changed my starting QB 4 times this morning already.

I keep thinking about all those poor saps who had Cam on their bench against the Cards week 1 last season.

Don't forget to think about the poor saps who had Kevin Kolb start week 1 last season.

RGIII should do alright, but I wouldn't start him ahead of a better option because you're afraid to miss out on him going off.

Don't forget to think about the poor saps who had Kevin Kolb start week 1 last season.

RGIII should do alright, but I wouldn't start him ahead of a better option because you're afraid to miss out on him going off.

Yeah.....and don't forget what Cam Newton did in week 1 last season either.

i remember week 1 against cam last year. i was licking my chops because i started the defense against him. made a huge mistake.

I'm juggling with this right now. I seriously changed my starting QB 4 times this morning already.

Yeah have 2 leagues debating between Bradshaw and D. Brown. I think most expect Bradshaw to do better any way and would say to go with him. I think it is going to be closer than people think. If they are almost identical I am prob going with Bradshaw just to get some fantasy action going today. :banana: :music_guitarred: :overhead: :headbanger:

Why is it that because 1 time in the history of the NFL, a rookie QB (that also had the best rookie QB season ever), had a big time debut, and people expect the same thing to happen again this year? Have we forgotten every other hyped up first year QB that did not tear it up right out of the gates? RGIII is good, I get it, but don't be shocked if he isn't the MVP of opening weekend.

Why is it that because 1 time in the history of the NFL, a rookie QB (that also had the best rookie QB season ever), had a big time debut, and people expect the same thing to happen again this year? Have we forgotten every other hyped up first year QB that did not tear it up right out of the gates? RGIII is good, I get it, but don't be shocked if he isn't the MVP of opening weekend.

Great post, I can't believe how blinded people have gotten just because Cam came along last year. Now people assume a rookie QB is a lock for 250yds, 2TDs & another rushing TD. This is his first real game. I'm not saying he won't be good eventually but come on.

For everyone trying to decide, there is a reason you drafted other QBs higher.

This is why I will start Romo, but the temptation is there. If RG3 comes out of the gate like I think he will and has a couple of great weeks, he will earn a starting position on my squad. I'm just looking at this matchup against the Saints and wondering if I should go ahead and roll the dice. I think the worst case scenario is Romo will outscore him by 10 pts. If Romo gets shut down and RG3 comes out guns blazing, he could potentially outscore Romo by more than 10. Damn, I'm talking myself into starting RG3.

This is why I will start Romo, but the temptation is there. If RG3 comes out of the gate like I think he will and has a couple of great weeks, he will earn a starting position on my squad. I'm just looking at this matchup against the Saints and wondering if I should go ahead and roll the dice. I think the worst case scenario is Romo will outscore him by 10 pts. If Romo gets shut down and RG3 comes out guns blazing, he could potentially outscore Romo by more than 10. Damn, I'm talking myself into starting RG3.

This is a bit ridiculous. You've got Romo. I could see if the other option was Fitzpatrick or Locker, but you have a legit starting QB.

romo last season versus giants: QBR 141.3 and 106.1. 600 yards passing. 5 TDs. 1 INT. despite getting sacked 9 times and chased all over the field.

what has changed this season? much better offensive line. dez and austin are both healthy and starting. murray is playing. injury problems in the NY secondary.

so what on earth leads you to believe that he will play worse than the last 2 games?

I'd rather have Locker than RG3. Running QB as well, better weapons, a year in the system under his belt.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You folks are FUNNY! I love it!

I have a sig bet that runs through the end of the year. I'll make you a sig bet for the entire offseason that Locker outproduces RG3 this year.

I have a sig bet that runs through the end of the year. I'll make you a sig bet for the entire offseason that Locker outproduces RG3 this year.

:shocking:

I'll take that all day.

I just liked RG3's matchup better than Romo's this week and felt like he might give me more points. Based on what I've seen so far with 2 mins left in the half, my first intuition was probably correct. I started Romo, so hopefully he'll come around in the 2nd half.

I just liked RG3's matchup better than Romo's this week and felt like he might give me more points. Based on what I've seen so far with 2 mins left in the half, my first intuition was probably correct. I started Romo, so hopefully he'll come around in the 2nd half.

Now aren't you glad you listened to reason? Good start.

No. Locker = bust.

Now aren't you glad you listened to reason? Good start.

Glad I started him, but I still think Griffin has a good game.

I'm planning on starting him over Cutler in a more casual league. I've got great matchups otherwise and my opponent already has injury issues.

Not that I think Cutler will have problems with the Colts.. I would just agree that CHI shouldn't have an issue running the ball and should go into cruise control come the 2nd half. RG3 will have to throw a ton to try to keep up with the Saints.

I'm planning on starting him over Cutler in a more casual league. I've got great matchups otherwise and my opponent already has injury issues.

Not that I think Cutler will have problems with the Colts.. I would just agree that CHI shouldn't have an issue running the ball and should go into cruise control come the 2nd half. RG3 will have to throw a ton to try to keep up with the Saints.

Dont be so sure of that. If the bears dont get pressure their pass d is not very good. Their corners suck at coverage, they are down a few safeties, and urlacher isnt going to be dropping back with the efficiency bears fans are used to. Their defense worries me and i would not be surprised to see luck have success.

Dont be so sure of that. If the bears dont get pressure their pass d is not very good. Their corners suck at coverage, they are down a few safeties, and urlacher isnt going to be dropping back with the efficiency bears fans are used to. Their defense worries me and i would not be surprised to see luck have success.

Understood.. and thanks for the deeper insight into CHI. My comment had more to do with the fact that I think that Indy will have trouble keeping the Bears from having success running the ball. The Colts still seem shaky and just changed their philosophy apparently (from a 4-3 to a 3-4).. so jury is plenty out on whether they can even be a decent run stopping unit in 2012.

I see my choice as a bit of a toss up. A Forte swing pass to the house, some bombs to Marshall and the kid.. I could easily see Cutler topping 300 yards in this one.. especially if he connects on a handful of long ones down field and Luck keeps Indy in the game.

I have to ask myself whether I am choosing based on who I think will perform better in Week 1.. or do I want to try out the shiny new rookie toy. So I guess i'm undecided.. but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bears run all day with Forte and Bush and have a pretty controlled effort in a fairly easy win. And conversely, see RG3 have a bit of an uneven, but ultimately, nice day for Fantasy when the day is done.

Understood.. and thanks for the deeper insight into CHI. My comment had more to do with the fact that I think that Indy will have trouble keeping the Bears from having success running the ball. The Colts still seem shaky and just changed their philosophy apparently (from a 4-3 to a 3-4).. so jury is plenty out on whether they can even be a decent run stopping unit in 2012.

I see my choice as a bit of a toss up. A Forte swing pass to the house, some bombs to Marshall and the kid.. I could easily see Cutler topping 300 yards in this one.. especially if he connects on a handful of long ones down field and Luck keeps Indy in the game.

I have to ask myself whether I am choosing based on who I think will perform better in Week 1.. or do I want to try out the shiny new rookie toy. So I guess i'm undecided.. but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bears run all day with Forte and Bush and have a pretty controlled effort in a fairly easy win. And conversely, see RG3 have a bit of an uneven, but ultimately, nice day for Fantasy when the day is done.

Personally i would go with rg3. The bears passing game is just so hit or miss. They should run the hell out of the ball to avoid turnovers and keep luck off the field. If luck has time to throw the bears may find themselves having to rely on the pass more though. I think it also depends on who is calling the plays. I dont know if its tice or bates.

I think in washington the o is going to go through rg3. He should have a good statistical game. Plus i like washingtons wrs, a lot. I like the bears too but i think people dont realize the weapons rg3 has at his disposal. People are sleeping on garcon a bit and hankerson is going to be a good wr if he can get a report going with rg3. Plus you will definitely get some solid rush yards from the rook.

Personally i would go with rg3. The bears passing game is just so hit or miss. They should run the hell out of the ball to avoid turnovers and keep luck off the field. If luck has time to throw the bears may find themselves having to rely on the pass more though. I think it also depends on who is calling the plays. I dont know if its tice or bates.

I think in washington the o is going to go through rg3. He should have a good statistical game. Plus i like washingtons wrs, a lot. I like the bears too but i think people dont realize the weapons rg3 has at his disposal. People are sleeping on garcon a bit and hankerson is going to be a good wr if he can get a report going with rg3. Plus you will definitely get some solid rush yards from the rook.

Makes sense. And let's face it: from an excitement standpoint.. it's spicy shrimp gumbo to chicken noodle soup, albeit chicken soup with a strong arm and a sour puss face. :rolleyes:

Winning and maximum points are the goal though. But I think there's enough feeling that the kid will have to be super active just trying to make it a game, so I think i'll stand pat. Would be awesome if he gives me no reason to ever play matchups again this year.

I also like Hankerson and think Morgan has always had the potential for a bit of a breakout, based on abilty, if he had a QB who could throw and he stayed healthy.

I know next to zero about the Shanny back rotation and how they are at catching passes. I've barely even watched Helu last year.. just heard that he was quick and had the potential to be a 3 down back, to the extent that such a thing is ever possible with their head coach.

I've never seen a second of Royster or Morris. Not to just make this an anti-Leatherface rant.. but i'm firmly in the "ignore Shanny or Belichick RBs" for fantasy camp. Ever since paying some absurd amount for Reuben Droughns in an auction ww bid frenzy back in the day.

Beernuts you said Locker will bust??? No way with the weapons he has. Btw, you never said who you started. I'm thinking RG3 since you have not addressed it but I guess we will never know now.

Beernuts you said Locker will bust??? No way with the weapons he has. Btw, you never said who you started. I'm thinking RG3 since you have not addressed it but I guess we will never know now.

It's not the weapons I am worried about, although I think they are a bit overrated themselves. I just don't like Locker. He doesn't look like a poised QB. He is athletic but his accuracy is so bad that I doubt he makes up for it. I know I am in the minority on this but I just don't see it.