Sign in to follow this  
dain11279

At least 49 killed, 53 injured in Orlando nightclub shooting

Authorities in Florida said at a news conference Sunday morning that as many as 20 people died in a shooting at an Orlando nightclub. The gunman was killed.

Orlando Police Chief John Mina said at least 42 people have been transported to area hospitals.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement said officials are investigating the shooting as an act of terrorism, but it was unclear whether it was domestic or international terrorism, or if the shooter was a lone wolf.

Mina said officers were called to Pulse Orlando, a popular gay nightclub, at around 2 a.m. after reports of a shooting. He said officers were engaged in a gun battle outside the club before the suspect went back into the building where more shots were fired. He said the gunman then took several hostages.

About three hours later, Mina said officials made the decision to rescue the hostages in the club. He said SWAT officers exchanged fire with the gunman and killed him.

Mina said the suspect was found with some kind of assault rifle on the suspect along with a handgun and some kind of device on him. Officials stopped short of saying it was a bomb and were still investigating whether it was something real or a hoax device.

When will the madness stop? :(

It's Orlando. It's pretty common there

:blink:

Detroit, Nawlins, Chicago possibly. Orlando?

Color me shocked not ONE CC person stepped in....thought they played hero to stop bad guys with guns?

Cc person?

Concealed carry. Apparently there was a police officer in the club when it all went down and he exchanged gunfire with the gunman forcing him into another room.

Oh, con carry.

You know how hard it is to conceal anything in a pair of nut hugging skinny jeans?

Concealed carry. Apparently there was a police officer in the club when it all went down and he exchanged gunfire with the gunman forcing him into another room.

From accounts ive heard it started outside in public

:blink:

Detroit, Nawlins, Chicago possibly. Orlando?

Yea apparently down there it's bad for drugs and a lot of shootings. A guy I met in the military was from there and said he had to get out of Orlando because it was so bad or he would have ended up dead

Thankfully this didn't happen a few weeks ago. Ed was in Orlando then :unsure:

Yea apparently down there it's bad for drugs and a lot of shootings. A guy I met in the military was from there and said he had to get out of Orlando because it was so bad or he would have ended up dead

Join the Army, it's safer... yikes.

Oh, con carry.

You know how hard it is to conceal anything in a pair of nut hugging skinny jeans?

I suppose in gay bars, it would it be fashionable to wear the conceal and carry holster front and center.

So are we going jilted lover or wacked out Fundie in the speculation dept?

Going with drugs and jealousy, although wacko Fundie is a close second. We should know more fairly soon.

Going with drugs and jealousy, although wacko Fundie is a close second. We should know more fairly soon.

I thought wacky fundie first when I heard it was a gay bar.

So are we going jilted lover or wacked out Fundie in the speculation dept?

Probably both.

Thank Gawd I'm over the club scene.. can't even remember the last time I was up past 1 am.

• Like 1

Thankfully this didn't happen a few weeks ago. Ed was in Orlando then :unsure:

Yeah but he wouldn't of been in a ghey bar. Wait. What ?

Wow. Thankfly you are right

Thank Gawd I'm over the club scene.. can't even remember the last time I was up past 1 am.

Had a concall that lasted two plus hours last night and ended finally 1236 am.

Went to nearby sports bar to pound a few beers before bed.

Yeah, too old to be in bars after midnight. ..

Join the Army, it's safer... yikes.

Well technically Air Force but yea. Some people do get out of bad situations by joining the military. Some guys I went to school with were in bad parts of town where people got killed all the time and drugs were bad around there. They got out and went in the military. Now they are the first ones in their family to go to college and they have a decent house.

JFC... there is nothing I find more intellectually lazy then people saying thoughts and prayers. I'm already seeing it on Facebook people with rainbow colored Flags and that they are praying for Orlando. Give me a f****** break. The last thing we need now is more religion.

Orlando authorities said they consider the violence an act of domestic terror. The FBI is involved. While investigators are exploring all angles, they "have suggestions the individual has leanings towards (Islamic terrorism), but right now we can't say definitely," said Ron Hopper, assistant special agent in charge of the FBI's Orlando bureau.

Guy's name is Omar. Indications he was radicalized.

Weird since we all know that pretty much every Muslim man is a homosexual.

Now, upwards of 50.kilt & 50 wounded.

Let me be the first 1 to predict that this story and violence against the lgbt q r s p community Will be a recurring theme at tonight's tony awards ceremony.

I live in Orlando and didn't know there was a gay bar (or any bar) at that location... it's a medical office district. Weird target for a "big terrorist attack".... a crappy gay bar outside downtown Orlando.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a ghey bar.

:ninja:

Too soon ?

• Like 1

I wouldn't be caught dead in a ghey bar.

:ninja:

Too soon ?

Both gay and hiphop.

The killer will go to the innermost circle of hell and say, "wow this place is a lot nicer than that nigthclub in Orlando I shot up".

Shooter was named Omar. Fvcking raghead. Hey....let's invite more of them over here!

I'm gonna fvck up a raghead next time I get a chance. It's us vs. them. I'm choosing us.

Guy's name is Omar. Indications he was radicalized.

Weird since we all know that pretty much every Muslim man is a homosexual.

Every muslim should be put in a bag, crushed, then thrown in the ocean.

This will most likely be labeled a "hate crime".

Also, would Allah even let him in heaven, since he was in a gay bar?

Every Chick-fil-A across the country Is shut down for business today in mourning For the LGBT community. They have always been far ahead of the curve on Open-mindedness when it comes to that community.

This will most likely be labeled a "hate crime".

Also, would Allah even let him in heaven, since he was in a gay bar?

Silly rabbit, Only white men Can commit a hate crime.

Silly rabbit, Only white men Can commit a hate crime.

Sorry I forgot.