Sign in to follow this  
thePRO

Romo to Green Bay!?

Why not!? Gonna be a FF wasteland with Hundley back there. Nelson and Adams should do decent, but yea....why not?

Maybe if he was sucking at his new job right?

No reason not to go with Hundley. The system is half the battle

Hes retired brah, wouldnt even last a quarter of an nfl game anymore anyway. Kaep more likely but really they will just go with Hundley and thats that.

Better chance of Brett Favre playing than Romo. Hundley will be the QB going forward. They like him.

Uhh.. More to a team than "liking" someone.

If GB thinks they have a better chance at winning with Romo, they will make an effort to get him, even if they are buddies with Hundley. lol. They like him.

Uhh.. More to a team than "liking" someone.

If GB thinks they have a better chance at winning with Romo, they will make an effort to get him, even if they are buddies with Hundley. lol. They like him.

You do get what he meant when he said they like Huntley, right? He wasn't saying that the staff thinks he's a nice guy. He meant they like the way he plays football...QB specifically. I.E. they think he's good.

Apparently he gets paid by the word as a commentator. Obviously he'll make much more money as a commentator. No way he comes back.

Apparently he gets paid by the word as a commentator. Obviously he'll make much more money as a commentator. No way he comes back.

He's a lot less derpy as an announcer then I would have expected. This is my first time this year catching one of his games.

He's a lot less derpy as an announcer then I would have expected. This is my first time this year catching one of his games.

Hes one of the best color commentary guys in football right now. Id expect offers to come in for more gigs.

Hes one of the best color commentary guys in football right now. Id expect offers to come in for more gigs.

I'm enjoying his commentary, yeah. He's avoiding stock phrases and cliches to a large extent, which I appreciate. And he's not a wanna-be machoman like Boomer and Simms.

Super Bowl chances don't happen often. You're right there's like a 1% chance Romo goes to Green Bay. But even if you like Hundley, you ask yourself if he can win you a SB this year....answer is probably no. Then you ask yourself, is there anyone else out there who can win us a SB this year? And that probably is a no too. But if there's a QB out there, it's probably Kap/Romo. Even Aikman joked about it, but said he was half serious.

Super Bowl chances don't happen often. You're right there's like a 1% chance Romo goes to Green Bay. But even if you like Hundley, you ask yourself if he can win you a SB this year....answer is probably no. Then you ask yourself, is there anyone else out there who can win us a SB this year? And that probably is a no too. But if there's a QB out there, it's probably Kap/Romo. Even Aikman joked about it, but said he was half serious.

This would test the 'Kap isn't good enough' theory of why he doesn't have a job. I was down on Kap in his last year, significantly. But he's shown he can play better than we say Huntley play.

I'm enjoying his commentary, yeah. He's avoiding stock phrases and cliches to a large extent, which I appreciate. And he's not a wanna-be machoman like Boomer and Simms.

Thats it. He adds more game insight than others and talks about the ins and outs of the game better than anyone right now and its refreshing.

Thats it. He adds more game insight than others and talks about the ins and outs of the game better than anyone right now and its refreshing.

I also like how he handled a mistake he made. "Watch Bell block here on the replay. Oops, Bell didn't block, it was the center." So many guys try to pretend that they were talking about something that actually happened..."Bell blocked by running past him and making him hesitate etc". Romo just said oops, I made a mistake. Like you say, refreshing.

This would test the 'Kap isn't good enough' theory of why he doesn't have a job. I was down on Kap in his last year, significantly. But he's shown he can play better than we say Huntley play.

Sometimes I do believe there is some kind of conspiracy against Kap. Aikman right away said Kap wasn't as good as Hundley. And maybe he is right, since Hundley knows the system and playbook. But to dismiss Kap right away is kind of funny. Then go on to mention Romo.

Sometimes I do believe there is some kind of conspiracy against Kap. Aikman right away said Kap wasn't as good as Hundley. And maybe he is right, since Hundley knows the system and playbook. But to dismiss Kap right away is kind of funny. Then go on to mention Romo.

I don't know about a conspiracy, in that I don't think owners are calling each other and collaborating to not hire him. I just think it's ridiculous to claim that none of these people are in fact motivated by wanting to avoid either his stance on the anthem or just the distraction. Every time someone says they aren't hiring him, it's because 'he's just not good enough'. That's BS. And I have been about as tough on Kap's ability as anyone.

I guess the only guy who's said it wasn't about ability was Ray Lewis. And according to him, Kap didn't get hired because Kap's girlfriend is racist! LOL

• Like 1

So if GB hates their back up qb so much, why is he the back up?

He looked fine for a backup. GB's offensive line and gimpy receivers is their problem that would only get worse putting someone new to the system in as QB, Unless it is someone named Brent F!

Who said anything about hating him? A back up is just that...a back up. You're probably not expecting Rodgers to go down. No doubt the Packers will be looking at other options. But they may just ride it out with Hundley and see what they have here.