Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

**Season Discussion**

with the season just a few days away was thinking we could pin this for general discussion, smack talk, lamenting on injuries or making the wrong draft picks....

and maybe pin the trade thread as well?

Good luck to everyone this season (even Mookz).

wish the boring half of the league would use their own original logos instead of hats and jerseys :P

:lol:

Rays lose Nate Eovaldi for a while. As a Rays fan, sort of a bummer, even though I don't think he is a particularly good pitcher as much as just a guy who can throw hard. From a geek homers fantasy perspective, it might help me out if the Rays.... who were going to utilize the silly 4 man rotation with a "bullpen" day.... move Matt Andriese back into the rotation where he should have been.

It would also be acceptable/cool if they picked up Kazmir for a reunion. I know he was only touching high 80's this spring but maybe heading back to Tampa, pitchers park sort of... maybe he can get back a little of his Indians/As mojo.

:banana:
starting out with 2 on dl <_<

yeah wtf drew butera? I guess I'll roll the first month of the season without a catcher. Focking bullshit.

yeah wtf drew butera? I guess I'll roll the first month of the season without a catcher. Focking bullshit.

:music_guitarred:

Greg Holland to the Cards.

Worst kept secret in free agency

I can't quite explain why I would start james shields... I guess I thought he'd have good mojo, back in KC...

Dumbo

Great start for the Sox...4-0 lead into the 8th and they give up 6 runs and the game...yikes

:thumbsup:

hoping for a pitchers duel tomorrow

go stros! :pointstosky:

Brach blows the save and Bundy's win. Good going there, guy. <_<

I hope this thread remains active all year. I think sometimes we go silent between the draft and the all star supplemental.

Got what I was hoping for from the Price/Snell matchup. That rarely happens. 2 of my SPs going head to head and they both pitch well and one actually gets a win?? I have a feeling there are going to be ALOT of head to head SP matchups for me this year considering I own Price (BOS), Cobb (BAL) and Gray (NYY) <_< . More often than not, that will be a headache.

Also for some idiotic reason, I keep missing Dickerson and the pirates/tigers games being postponed and I dont catch it in time and Dickerson gets locked into my lineup.

I "hate" this league.

Watching The Mets today and Cabrera / Cespedes had good games and I was bummed I wasn't getting points from it.

:mad:

• Like 1

I "hate" this league.

Watching The Mets today and Cabrera / Cespedes had good games and I was bummed I wasn't getting points from it.

:mad:

I feel ya. I'm getting "Smoaked" this week after the latest league trade.

• Like 1

Rain outs suck. Messes your whole week up when the game is rescheduled to July !!!

• Like 1

I am a genius.

Benched Stanton vs Tampa tonight.

He went 0-5 with 5 SOs

:banana:

(It was an oversight but I'd rather think genius move)

:lol:

the Rays pathetic offense and managing (i hate Kevin Cash) is going to make this a really long season and a real grind as a fantasy manager if I want to make the playoffs.

I had some shiit planned today and did not get to see the lineup card before the Rays/Yanks game, only to find out that the rays are playing every right handed bat they have with the exception of KK.... okay so they dont have great hitters at all but to sit a guy like Mallex smith who has game changing speed and good defense in favor of Rob Ruffshagger? just because the Yankees are pitching a lefty? :lol: . come on. get real. fock analytics. I mean, i get it but fock analytics if you're going to be that extreme about it.

gd too many guys on dl or dtd :wall: <_<

Hopefully all these OFs of mine get these errors out of their system. 1 cat but 8 errors so far. 3 or 4 from the OF.

Lambert's offense is killing me. I have just about zero chance in most categories and should find myself in last place after the long week 1.

im already over this season. my team is hot garbage.

jake faria can go fock himself. just cost me the whip, and losses category and did his best to bring mooks closer in ERA. 8ER in 1.2 innings pitched? what a diick.

plus the Rays can't hit for shiit

Making my adds this morning... Yarbrough or Andriese. Knowing it was bullpen day.

I go Andriese and he focks me in thr whip category giving me the loss instead of win. Yarbrough pitches well and was on track for the win.

Unreal

Yay... 11 games behind the leader who crushed me this week. Sorry to the league for letting Lambert jump out to 3.5 game front on everyone.

Some of my stats weren't horrible compared to the rest of the league but I just didn't match up well and couldn't pick the right players on the right day it seemed.

im already over this season. my team is hot garbage.

jake faria can go fock himself. just cost me the whip, and losses category and did his best to bring mooks closer in ERA. 8ER in 1.2 innings pitched? what a diick.

plus the Rays can't hit for shiit

I was extremely grateful to eke out a win with the way the O's started, also (basically) not having Arrieta, Nelson Cruz or Bumgarner. I thought Mike Wright and Parker Bridwell killed any chance I had at pitching categories, but luckily your pitchers were getting blown up just as often.

Week one was somewhat encouraging as I'll now start to get some players back (Cruz, Trumbo, Arrieta, Wei-Yin Chen(?), hopefully Hellickson, and Bumgarner and Britton long-term), but this could easily be my high water mark. :(

I was extremely grateful to eke out a win with the way the O's started, also (basically) not having Arrieta, Nelson Cruz or Bumgarner. I thought Mike Wright and Parker Bridwell killed any chance I had at pitching categories, but luckily your pitchers were getting blown up just as often.

Week one was somewhat encouraging as I'll now start to get some players back (Cruz, Trumbo, Arrieta, Wei-Yin Chen(?), hopefully Hellickson, and Bumgarner and Britton long-term), but this could easily be my high water mark. :(

on that same note, while my offense was still absolutely pathetic and near the bottom of the league in most categories, I think I had some 50+ less at bats than you which was probably due to an extra Rays off day and a postponed game.

I've also been without a few of my better offensive producers. Souza hasn't played yet and Wil Myers landed on the DL mid week. And like Arrieta, I was wthout Cobb. Just lost Brad Miller as well, if you can call that a loss. :lol:

Still, I handed you that win. Midway through the matchup I was looking pretty good on the pitching side after Archer's 1st start, Sonny Gray, David Price x2, Blake Snells opener plus the fact I have an extra closer now in Boxberger. Even James Shields pitched just well enough to be useful. Decisions late in the week to start Matt Moore, Jake Faria and to pick up and play matt Andriese on "bullpen day" cost me the Losses and WHIP categories.

Wouldn't have been impressive, but should have been 9-7 in my favor instead of 9-7 in yours.

The weather has also really put a damper on the start of baseball season.

I just go a text from the Cubs laughing about playing the #1 team and getting another game postponed due to snow in Chicago. Good way to start.

• Like 1

on that same note, while my offense was still absolutely pathetic and near the bottom of the league in most categories, I think I had some 50+ less at bats than you which was probably due to an extra Rays off day and a postponed game.

I've also been without a few of my better offensive producers. Souza hasn't played yet and Wil Myers landed on the DL mid week. And like Arrieta, I was wthout Cobb. Just lost Brad Miller as well, if you can call that a loss. :lol:

Still, I handed you that win. Midway through the matchup I was looking pretty good on the pitching side after Archer's 1st start, Sonny Gray, David Price x2, Blake Snells opener plus the fact I have an extra closer now in Boxberger. Even James Shields pitched just well enough to be useful. Decisions late in the week to start Matt Moore, Jake Faria and to pick up and play matt Andriese on "bullpen day" cost me the Losses and WHIP categories.

Wouldn't have been impressive, but should have been 9-7 in my favor instead of 9-7 in yours.

I probly would've been thrilled with that after being mired at around 5-10 for most of the session. :thumbsup:

The biggest shock to me was winning strikeouts in 19 fewer innings. :shocking: I don't really have any strikeout pitchers (starters). Maybe Bundy a little.

I probly would've been thrilled with that after being mired at around 5-10 for most of the session. :thumbsup:

The biggest shock to me was winning strikeouts in 19 fewer innings. :shocking: I don't really have any strikeout pitchers (starters). Maybe Bundy a little.

yes, and this is more or less what led me to blowing a few other pitching categories, starting guys I shouldn't have. I noticed you were taking that category and i tried to chase it with Moore and Faria who combined to net me 1 strikeout :doh: . and in the process, i blew whip and losses. Im just lucky you didn't grab a quality start or win with Arrieta.

Yay... 11 games behind the leader who crushed me this week. Sorry to the league for letting Lambert jump out to 3.5 game front on everyone.

Some of my stats weren't horrible compared to the rest of the league but I just didn't match up well and couldn't pick the right players on the right day it seemed.

No apologies needed... oh wait.

Ive been very fortunate. My offense was great for the first week and a half. The Smoak trade really set my lineup up nicely with allowing me to move Carpenter to 2nd. However, my bullpen took a big blow with Knebel going down and the Cards signing Holland. I see very few saves in my future.

The cold weather in St Louis this week has all but silenced the bats. Im hoping things heat up soon.

as my better half says...there's alotta games left :lol: <_<

I'm pretty sure that Bartolo Colon is the best pitcher on my roster right now. :(

Just realized he was actually pitching for Texas...had no idea...but yeah, good start for him.