Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

2018 Season

The NFL changed it's policy on kneeling today and so I've decided to come back. I was surprised, it was easier than I thought to tune out and stay away but I'll miss FF and I have no reason to give it up anymore.

This kind of a compromise is OK. Out of sight/out of mind. It's not what I would have wanted but it's acceptable enough.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=476933

Also, now that he's gotten his life in order and his head on straight, TBBOM has agreed to return to the league and take over Gary's team so we're full again. For those that don't know/remember, TBBOM is the former owner of the team now known as Dr. Strangelove.

I'm way behind on the offseason happenings.

All the old threads have fallen off the page. They're still here, You can change the settings to view them.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'll pay the league dues soon and we'll have it up and running.

Bes sure to get the $20 discount before June 10th.

Oh good grief.

Five teams never cleaned out IR and cut down their roster to 22 at the end of the season. IR isn't a place to stash people for the offseason. Normally I harrass and post many warnings about IR cutdowns, but this year, no.

Decisions will have to be made how to handle this.

Grrr.

I hate making decisions.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

-----

IR violations

Boondock Saints

Janikowski, Sebastian OAK PK (I)

Firefly

Dixon, Kenneth BAL RB (I)

Henderson, Carlos DEN WR ® (I)

Robinson, Allen JAC WR (I)

Clerks

Meredith, Cameron CHI WR (I)

Beckham, Odell NYG WR (I)

Twin Peaks

Garcon, Pierre SFO WR (I)

Miller, Zach CHI TE (I)

Hot Dog

Conley, Chris KCC WR (I)

Oh good grief.

Five teams never cleaned out IR and cut down their roster to 22 at the end of the season. IR isn't a place to stash people for the offseason. Normally I harrass and post many warnings about IR cutdowns, but this year, no.

Decisions will have to be made how to handle this.

Grrr.

I hate making decisions.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

-----

IR violations

Boondock Saints

Janikowski, Sebastian OAK PK (I)

Firefly

Henderson, Carlos DEN WR ® (I)

Robinson, Allen JAC WR (I)

Clerks

Meredith, Cameron CHI WR (I)

Beckham, Odell NYG WR (I)

Twin Peaks

Garcon, Pierre SFO WR (I)

Miller, Zach CHI TE (I)

Hot Dog

Conley, Chris KCC WR (I)

From the app you aren't able to make roster changes once the league dues weren't paid. I also think a lot of people thought the league was folding.

:music_guitarred: Welcome back! Just to clarify, by "we're full" does that mean staying at 14 teams?

As for the IR violations, I think given the uncertainty up until now, penalties might be hard to justify. What if now that the league is reactivated we gave those teams a timeline (i.e. a week) to clean up their rosters? If they don't meet that deadline, then some sort of penalty can be enforced.

:music_guitarred: Welcome back! Just to clarify, by "we're full" does that mean staying at 14 teams?

As for the IR violations, I think given the uncertainty up until now, penalties might be hard to justify. What if now that the league is reactivated we gave those teams a timeline (i.e. a week) to clean up their rosters? If they don't meet that deadline, then some sort of penalty can be enforced.

Kind of what I was thinking. Make the deadline June 8th or something and then after that back to the regular swing of things.

Who has the first pick ?

The new owner of Gary's team: TBBOM

I'm not sure the draft order other than I know I'm fifth.

I'll start changing the movies around each week as per weekly high score and being more involved again.

Offseason has been kind to me. QBs, RBs, and WRs are generally in better situations than last year. The only clear drop at this point is Kevin White and even he may stick if the lightbulb turns on and he looks healthy.

No work has been done on the draft order. I was relying on 90sbaby to do that because I'm not sure exactly how the postseason was handled. Unfortunately, he's been offline for the last few days.

I notices that somehow, I was assigned, played in (and won) a playoff game on autopilot which should have never happened.

I'd rather he do it since he knows what happened. Me on the other hand, if I do it, I'll have to figure stuff out Sherlock Holmes style.

Ah, fock it. My class this evening has been moved to tomorrow. Maybe I'll go take a look.

OK from what I can surmise the draft order is as such

That schedule looks right for the first round playoffs but gets embarassingly ugly for the semifinals and championship round. Fricking shameful.

Now, If I'm wrong, tell me...

Draft Order

1) Cannibal Holocaust

2) Reefer Madness

3) Top Gun

4) Hot Dog The Movie

5) Maltese Falcons

6) Twin Peaks

7) Boondock Saints

8) Dr. Strangelove

-------

Then the wildcard playoffs

TommyBoy 6 < Firefly 3

Clerks 5 < Deep Throat 4

9) Tommy Boy

10) Clerks

-------

Semifinal and this was brutal both games decided by a point or less...

Victor Victoria 1> Deep Throat 4

Firefly 3 > Pulp Fiction 2

11) Deep Throat

12) Pulp Fiction

-----

Championship

Firefly 3 > Victor Victoria 1

13) Victor Victoria

14) Firefly

I am missing my 4th and 5th round rookie picks

Me too

http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=16444&O=03&TYPE=TRADE&FRANCHISE=0000&DAYS=999

It sure likes like no 2018 draft picks were swapped last year, so everybody gets their full contingent.

---

We'd given Deep Throat an extra supplementary pick at the end of round one in 2018 because last year, the hurricane made it so that he was drafting on autopilot.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm right but I'd like somebody to confirm my postings here and I'll go ahead and set up the 2018 draft order. It's still fugly at the moment, don't worry about it, I've done nothing other than post this stuff here for you all to double check. When I do change it, give it a look over.

http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=16444&O=03&TYPE=TRADE&FRANCHISE=0000&DAYS=999

It sure likes like no 2018 draft picks were swapped last year, so everybody gets their full contingent.

---

We'd given Deep Throat an extra supplementary pick at the end of round one in 2018 because last year, the hurricane made it so that he was drafting on autopilot.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm right but I'd like somebody to confirm my postings here and I'll go ahead and set up the 2018 draft order. It's still fugly at the moment, don't worry about it, I've done nothing other than post this stuff here for you all to double check. When I do change it, give it a look over.

I'm still doing the draft order. When I told you I'd get it done this weekend I said that not remembering it was Memorial Day weekend.

I should be in compliance now. The line forms on the left for my spanking! :o

You always know just what to say.

Who are you

I think this is the draft order:

1. Top Gun

2. Hot Dog

3. Falcons

4. Peaks

5. Saints

6. Strangelove

7. Tommy

8. Clerks

9. Throat

10. Fiction

11. Victoria

12. Firefly

I think this is the draft order:

1. Top Gun

2. Hot Dog

3. Falcons

4. Peaks

5. Saints

6. Strangelove

7. Tommy

8. Clerks

9. Throat

10. Fiction

11. Victoria

12. Firefly

We have fourteen teams, the ones you are missing are Cannibal Holocaust and Reefer Madness, those should be 1-2 and these are 3-14. I think that's right.

Be sure to pay by June 10th to get that $20 early bird discount.

Thought the league was dead when 90s baby went MIA for a while. I'll clean up my team today

Thought the league was dead when 90s baby went MIA for a while. I'll clean up my team today

Thanks. Yeah, I was pretty bitter last year at the NFL. Itll affect me worse in 12 Geeks than here. Ive never been this underprepared for a redraft since my first year of FF.

Thanks. Yeah, I was pretty bitter last year at the NFL. Itll affect me worse in 12 Geeks than here. Ive never been this underprepared for a redraft since my first year of FF.

well when you left we had a plan to keep the league going. More like 90's really waqnted to keep it going and I offered to help where I could but told him I didn't have time to commish another league.

when he went awol for a few months or however long it was I didn't want the league falling on me so I assumed it was dead.

glad to hear it's alive and well. :thumbsup:

Im here, too. I just posted on the thread at the site also. Im not around much, but expect to be more this year, and keep up with my team anyways.

90sbaby, DM me your PayPal address and how much the league was. Ill send you some of the money to help out.

Anyone seen/heard from Infinitenumberofmonkeys (Firefly)? He's the only one that still needs to cut his roster down.

Anyone seen/heard from Infinitenumberofmonkeys (Firefly)? He's the only one that still needs to cut his roster down.

Got tired of monkeys but they just kept coming

I'm on vacation and things won't be rolling for a few, as we will, as usual, draft late in the process. My head isn't screwed on tightly just yet to o anything but that will come. I think though, now would be a good time to make a roll call to make sure everybody is here come mid August.

Im in this year, but its going to be my last. Im not loving the dynasty format. Probably because I dont really pay attention to football during the off season and this needs more of my attention than Im willing to give.

If you find a replacement before next year, Id be willing to step down early.

Still needing to hear from Deep Throat and Dr. S. (as well as TBBOM).

I've set up the draft dates and the draft order and cut three players from Firefly's roster.

You'll want to get your cuts in by the 22nd. You can watch the first two weeks of preseason and make up your mind. However many players you want to cut, that's how many you can draft. Then, we'll watch week three of the preseason and after the last game ends on the 26th, we can start the draft.

We'll also need to look around to make sure all fourteen people are accounted for.

Am I still in the league? (Dr. Strangelove) Or did the previous owner of my team take over. If I'm still in, looking forward to it. If not, bummer!

Am I still in the league? (Dr. Strangelove) Or did the previous owner of my team take over. If I'm still in, looking forward to it. If not, bummer!

No, you're in. The previous owner will take over Gary's team, not your team that he abandoned six years ago.

I made a post in the Geek Club just now looking for folks. http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=479063

Ready, sadly, to dump 29 Guests as he's not been around all offseason. Also need to replace Gary. I'd thought I'd dug up TBBOM to return but his interest may have fallen off as he's not gotten back to me.

Those teams are Cannibal Holocaust and Deep Throat.

League is here: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/16444#0

One option would be to fold the 2 teams, increase roster spots by 4, and throw those teams players back into the pool.