Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

What is your take on the accuracy of Snopes regarding politics?

I consider the matter closed if its debunked on snopes. They use the same references anywhere else does. Its not just a room of people giving their personal opinion, they have links and sources.

Any source that doesnt have extreme right wing bias though gets labeled fake news by the Trumpeteers.

As with everything since Trump, truth is suddenly relative. Theyve Actually interviewed some Trump supporters at his rallies who have literally been walked into saying well if it's good for Trump then it's true! But if it's not then it's fake news!

That's fcking bizarre.

As said above, Snopes and PolitiFact tend to go out and grab whatever for example Trump tweets or says and then either prove or disprove it. Truth isnt a matter of opinion. Or sure as hell shouldn't be.

It was harder under Obama. Because he spoke with Nuance often times. Trump couldn't spell nuance.

The only time facts should be even moderately subjective is when you're talking about something like Net versus gross job growth. Or Net versus gross immigration. But both sites tend to address that in their research afterward.

I used to read it when it was stories about urban legends, random chain emails about weird stories, etc. But I never went to the political links. Like most things ehen it comes to politics, people like to pick and choose what they want.

They back up their fact checking with sources.

Its not the end all be all, but it takes you where you need to go.

So of course biased nuts hate them.

lol that anyone thinks this is even a legit question

snopes was founded as an internet hoax website

once it gained traction (eyeballs, credibility) it pivoted (similar to Vice) from a business with some integrity to a propaganda tool

most recent example of Snopes propaganda:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/toddler-cage-photo/

Does This Image Show a Toddler in a Cage Detained by ICE in 2018?

A heart-rending photograph of a crying child in a cage has been widely shared, but it was part of a protest to call attention to immigration practices.

However, as it turned out, the photograph was taken on 10 June 2018, but it did not show a child confined by immigration authorities to a cage. Rather, it was snapped during a protest staged in front of Dallas City Hall to call attention to the Trump administration’s practice of separating families and confining undocumented children.

Initially they "ruled" this story was unproven. Then once the facts were known, that the child was part of a protest and not detained by ICE, they "ruled" it was "miscaptioned". Not "false" as they do with any story remotely connected to someone who suffers from wrong think, but "miscaptioned".

:lol:

Anyone who uses Snopes as a source should be tuned out for good.

I consider the matter closed if its debunked on snopes. They use the same references anywhere else does. Its not just a room of people giving their personal opinion, they have links and sources.

Any source that doesnt have extreme right wing bias though gets labeled fake news by the Trumpeteers.

As with everything since Trump, truth is suddenly relative. Theyve Actually interviewed some Trump supporters at his rallies who have literally been walked into saying well if it's good for Trump then it's true! But if it's not then it's fake news!

That's fcking bizarre.

As said above, Snopes and PolitiFact tend to go out and grab whatever for example Trump tweets or says and then either prove or disprove it. Truth isnt a matter of opinion. Or sure as hell shouldn't be.

It was harder under Obama. Because he spoke with Nuance often times. Trump couldn't spell nuance.

The only time facts should be even moderately subjective is when you're talking about something like Net versus gross job growth. Or Net versus gross immigration. But both sites tend to address that in their research afterward.

They back up their fact checking with sources.

Its not the end all be all, but it takes you where you need to go.

So of course biased nuts hate them.

I think this should tell you all you need to know about snopes.

The two most uninformed trolls on the site, plus tan who is a mixed bag (he did make some sensible comments in the crying illegal thread as he learned the facts) think Snopes is a legit reference source.

Initially they "ruled" this story was unproven. Then once the facts were known, that the child was part of a protest and not detained by ICE, they "ruled" it was "miscaptioned". Not "false" as they do with any story remotely connected to someone who suffers from wrong think, but "miscaptioned".

And make sure your irony meters are working properly for this one. If you're wondering where the above moron got any of this from? It's from Snopes themselves. Regarding a misleading trope that the what about crowd started circulating.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-dont-separate-mommy-protest-sign-real/

yes folks, the irony is thick here.

Honestly, it's just getting tiresome. The latest moron to wander into the pile quoting that Alex Jones or Hannity gave him. And not having enough intellect to figure out the irony of what he just posted above. Believe Snopes don't believe Snopes. Trumps caught on over 3,000 lies. Do you think that's all fake news?

You probably do.

The president signed the executive order

days

after he said that the only way to end the division of families was through congressional action

because you cant do it through an executive order.

But he changed his mind after a barrage of criticism from Democrats, activists, members of his own party and even his

--------

Yep, this is the Bastion of truth that senator considers the end-all and be-all of truthiness. 😂😂😂

I think this should tell you all you need to know about snopes.

The two most uninformed trolls on the site, plus tan who is a mixed bag (he did make some sensible comments in the crying illegal thread as he learned the facts) think Snopes is a legit reference source.

You calling anyone else a troll or uninformed is laughable.

A guy who posts zerohedge and Breitbart links and reddit links and follows Qanon should never be questioning what others call legit.

And make sure your irony meters are working properly for this one. If you're wondering where the above moron got any of this from? It's from Snopes themselves. Regarding a misleading trope that the what about crowd started circulating.

Honestly, it's just getting tiresome. The latest moron to wander into the pile quoting ###### that Alex Jones or Hannity gave him. And not having enough intellect to figure out the irony of what he just posted above. Believe Snopes don't believe Snopes. Trumps caught on over 3,000 ###### lies. Do you think that's all fake news?

You probably do.

Of course it came from Snopes. That was his whole point. I'd ask if you actually read it but that would distract from your word salad posting like...

days

after he said that the only way to end the division of families was through congressional action

But he changed his mind after a barrage of criticism from Democrats, activists, members of his own party and even his

--------

Yep, this is the Bastion of truth that senator considers the end-all and be-all of truthiness.

... this. What does this have to do with Snopes? :dunno:

Honestly, it's just getting tiresome. The latest moron to wander into the pile quoting ###### that Alex Jones or Hannity gave him. And not having enough intellect to figure out the irony of what he just posted above. Believe Snopes don't believe Snopes. Trumps caught on over 3,000 ###### lies. Do you think that's all fake news?

You probably do.

I'd still drink a beer with you but you are dumber than my redneck friends who failed out of community college.

days

--------

Yep, this is the Bastion of truth that senator considers the end-all and be-all of truthiness.

Can his EO be overturned?

By an obstructionist court?

By the next president?

The only way to change the law is through congress. The EO is a band aid that can be ripped away at any minute.

I'd still drink a beer with you but you are dumber than my redneck friends who failed out of community college.

Imagine the drunk stories. Im so down for a geek meet. I dont have to agree with someone to have a good time with them.
  • Like 1

Can his EO be overturned?

By an obstructionist court?

By the next president?

The only way to change the law is through congress. The EO is a band aid that can be ripped away at any minute.

So we can't do it. Or you can do it. Or you can't do it. But he did do it. Sheesh, just the fact that you bend over backwards for every thing takes all of your credibility. Not that you had any.

once it gained traction (eyeballs, credibility) it pivoted (similar to Vice) from a business with some integrity to a propaganda tool

The fact that the site itself goes out of his way to explain the difference between miscaptioned and flat-out false and you still don't get it? Yeah be really careful about Who you calling stupid , stupid.

Another pointless thread. Without reading a single reply I can already tell you the 'answer' to the topic:

Lefties: Snopes is a reliable, impartial site

Righties: Snopes is a left-wing propaganda site

• Like 1

Another pointless thread. Without reading a single reply I can already tell you the 'answer' to the topic:

Gee, you mean the guys who only see Fox News Breitbart and Alex Jones as the only source of Truth on the internet because Donald Trump tells them it's so?

Shocking!!!😂

Except lefties didnt really say just that.

Snopes is the BESTEST!!!!

AHh, quote manip to say something completely different than my post. Pathetic

not my fault you edited it to change it after I quoted you

Is there a point to being such a lying sack of crap?

I find them to be accurate and reliable. You can't use them here because they're under assault as biased though.

• Like 1

They are all right, in the realm of partial truth they skew center left

Snipes often makes Trump look bad therefore its biased.

Are they fair or do they lean a certain way?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/immigrant-girl-never-separated/

The research seems accurate. They tell us the pics are phony even though they don't label them as phony.

• Like 1

yes we can all see you yelling at the computer in your basement right now so triggered

Not triggered, yelling, nor do I have a basement.

So in the end, youre just a liar.

Not triggered, yelling, nor do I have a basement.

So in the end, youre just a liar.

So awesome

Yeah, there is no doubt it is a propaganda arm of the DNC. It's really not even debatable.

It's so far biased that anyone that uses it as a source should themselves be suspect of lying.

The research seems accurate. They tell us the pics are phony even though they don't label them as phony.

Their "ruling" is supposed to be related to the title of the "hoax".

The title of this particular "hoax" was "poor brown kid was put in cage by ICE after being separated from his family".

No reasonable person would call that a "miscaption". It is a flat out lie, or in Snopes terminology "false".

(not sure if Voltaire is a retard like wiff and sho or if he is just uninformed. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say uninformed. This is what happens when people are too lazy to dig into something themselves and just take everything at face value)