Sign in to follow this  
Jperl21

Would you take accept this trade?

I have the third pick in the draft in a 10 team league. I was offered the 4th (1st round) and 64th (7th round) pick for my 18th (2nd round) and 23rd (3rd round) picks. Thoughts?

redraft or keeper league?

so you would end up with the 3rd and 4th pick in round one?

you loose ur 2nd and 3rd and gain a 7th rounder?

if so I wouldnt do it

I would ask for the 5th or 6th

I would do it

Youre looking at starting your team with one of McCoy, Charles, Peterson and then your choice of Calvin, Graham at picks 3 & 4.. Getting two of those 5 guys is worth swapping a 3rd for a 7th.

I wouldn't do it personally. There are good players in the second and third, short term gain long term loss.

I wouldn't do it personally. There are good players in the second and third, short term gain long term loss.

The only loss is swapping a 3rd for a 7th.

If you have a chance to get two of the top 4 picks in a fantasy draft, I think theres very few scenarios where you pass that up.

Hes guaranteed two of Charles, McCoy, Peterson, Forte.. that alone is HUGE and trumps losing a 3rd round pick

I do this especially in a 10 teamer. It's really about concentrating your scoring with a smaller league. You get your 2nd rounder as 4th overall now. Obviously you don't have a 3rd but there will be some talent still on the board in the 4th.

Here maybe this is easier to see.. would you make this trade? Keeping in mind you already have one of Charles, McCoy, Peterson

You get: Calvin Johnson

They get: Andre Ellington and Keenan Allen

Seems pretty easy to me..

Here maybe this is easier to see.. would you make this trade? Keeping in mind you already have one of Charles, McCoy, Peterson

You get: Calvin Johnson

They get: Andre Ellington and Keenan Allen

Seems pretty easy to me..

Good way to put it. I want the better player in the trade and that's what getting an extra top 5 gets you.

I do this especially in a 10 teamer. It's really about concentrating your scoring with a smaller league. You get your 2nd rounder as 4th overall now. Obviously you don't have a 3rd but there will be some talent still on the board in the 4th.

im inclined to agree with this line of thinking in this situation

I would for sure do it . You get two first round studs heck yea .

It's just that injuries happen, you're not mitigating risk very well. Think about this on the flip side, he will have the 18th, 19th, 23rd, 24th, and 33rd picks? So you have say Forte and Graham but this dude could ostensibly draft Julio Jones, Jordy Nelson, Andre Ellington, Zac Stacy, and Rob Gronkowski before you even pick again. You're going to be kicking yourself if you do it, those 2nd and 3rd round picks are the bread and butter of a squad.

It's just that injuries happen, you're not mitigating risk very well. Think about this on the flip side, he will have the 18th, 19th, 23rd, 24th, and 33rd picks? So you have say Forte and Graham but this dude could ostensibly draft Julio Jones, Jordy Nelson, Andre Ellington, Zac Stacy, and Rob Gronkowski before you even pick again. You're going to be kicking yourself if you do it, those 2nd and 3rd round picks are the bread and butter of a squad.

Ok? Let that team take questionable players like Andre Ellington, Zach Stacy, and Gronk while he locks in two elite overall players every week no worries. You always need to take the best player in a trade, and when you consider who is going to be picked in round 2 & 3 and who is going in the top 4, ill take two top 4 players over the group of guys you just listed and feel very good about it.