Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

the Good - the Bad - the Ugly

Wes Welker - Fock

Kenny Britt - Fock now that Bradford is gone.

I'm already slim at the wr position - these injuries didn't help my cause:(

Wes Welker - Fock

Kenny Britt - Fock now that Bradford is gone.

I'm already slim at the wr position - these injuries didn't help my cause:(

we could always get together and work out a deal :wave:

trade approved.

Well I tried to make a few trades but looks like for the first time I will be heading into the season with the team I drafted :o

Yes, i have that much faith in nicks. He was tackled on the 1 and is obviously lucks go to guy.

Hilton is the WR to own there but Nicks might be okay if he overcomes aliigator arms. Cooks had so much more upside .. sorry man IMO bad deal for you

Considering cooks didnt even register a target this last game, while nicks has obviously been lucks favorite target, i like nicks. I have a feeling cooks will be less consistent. I like them both, i just really like what i have seen out of nicks.

Plus that indy defense is just bad, and trich cant run for shlt. Luck is gonna be chucking it all over the field.

Cooks will be the 3rd or 4th option. Nicks will be first.

I like hilton a lot also, but i think his success will come with defenses focused more on nicks. Even if defenses focus on hilton, nicks is going to benefit even more.

i don't think its a huge win or loss for either side. but a few thoughts on it

-Nicks will NOT be the 1st option.

-Cooks could very well be the 5th (Graham, Colston, Pierre, Stills) but probably 3rd or 4th.

-With only 1 keeper its not like Cooks would have been kept so no loss there.

-Both are in high scoring offenses.

i prefer cooks but wouldn't want to be starting either.

So nicks being the primary option this offseason isnt for real?

i wouldnt buy into it. nicks had 2 targets in their 3rd game. Wayne had 2-3 and Hilton had 5. Wayne got the first look from scrimmage. All accounts seem to have nicks with an average camp and likely to be out there on 3 wide sets. Im sure indy will use enough 3 wide sets for that not to be a huge issue.

we shall see.

i wouldnt buy into it. nicks had 2 targets in their 3rd game. Wayne had 2-3 and Hilton had 5. Wayne got the first look from scrimmage. All accounts seem to have nicks with an average camp and likely to be out there on 3 wide sets. Im sure indy will use enough 3 wide sets for that not to be a huge issue.

we shall see.

I dont know that it is fair to dismiss the rumors about cobb struggling in camp but buy into the rumors about nicks. The site i was looking at didnt have targets so that was the one stat i didnt get to check. Still, nick has certainly been efficient with his targets.

I like hilton a lot, i just dont think you can rely on a 5'9 175 pound receiver as your primary option. More of a beneficiary from the coverage paid to the other quality options. Also, if the colts do make hilton the go to guy, defenses will adjust. Its hard for a guy that small to fend off primary coverage.

I would say the biggest concern is how inconsistent colt receivers have been for years. But yes, we will see.

im not a hilton guy so make no mistake. the difference with dismissing camp reports on Cobb versus taking heed to camp reports on Nicks stems more from Cobb being excellent when on the field the past 2 years and clearly set to be out there in 2 wide formations. meanwhile Nicks hasn't looked good since what, 2011? and reportedly is WR3 on the depth chart.

i kind of still expect wayne to be top dog in terms of receptions with hilton tops in terms of TDs but every indy receiver gives me reason to pause. could wind up a 3 headed monster where they all have 65-800-5

He had a 3 game stretch last year of

5 54

4 35

4 53

He had 3 good games mixed with 3 meh games. Its not like he was lighting up the league.

He had a 3 game stretch last year of

5 54

4 35

4 53

He had 3 good games mixed with 3 meh games. Its not like he was lighting up the league.

5-54 on 11 targets. a 10 point fantasy game not good not terrible

4-35 on 8 targets and received 2 carries for 70 yards that game as well. 14 pts

4-53 on 4 targets is the game he was injured in the first half.... 9 pts in 1 half of action

on a per game basis he was on track to be WR #9

i hope you're right on Nicks but the facts lead me to feel much better about Cobbs role heading into the season

5-54 on 11 targets. a 10 point fantasy game not good not terrible

4-35 on 8 targets and received 2 carries for 70 yards that game as well. 14 pts

4-53 on 4 targets is the game he was injured in the first half.... 9 pts in 1 half of action

on a per game basis he was on track to be WR #9

i hope you're right on Nicks but the facts lead me to feel much better about Cobbs role heading into the season

Yeah i like cobb more, was just pointing out they both had negative comments in training camp.

in the hospital and have been sicne Yesterday. Staph infection - almost died I guess. Still feel like sheet and still in the hospital -- apparently I went Septic Tuesday night sometime - called my friend when i oke up and he took me into the hospital I knew I was focked when I started hallucinating. All from alittle knick while water skiing. what a shitty week. :(

But Frozen I even if I am dead I am still kicking your ass this week.

Thats the spirit! Sorry to hear you almost got dead. Are you sure the doctor didnt say semen infection? You were hallucinating after all.

Thats the spirit! Sorry to hear you almost got dead. Are you sure the doctor didnt say semen infection? You were hallucinating after all.

On the mend though should be home by Sunday in time to watch my team makes yours their beetch!

Also - Drobeski - no line up set. :doh: I PMed him to set it but who knows. :wall:

On the mend though should be home by Sunday in time to watch my team makes yours their beetch!

Also - Drobeski - no line up set. :doh: I PMed him to set it but who knows. :wall:

Harvin disagrees.