Sign in to follow this  
5 shot, 1 dead in Bobby Rush (D-ILL) congressional district wearing hoodies...

Oh the irony...

The picture of him wearing his hoodie for Trayvon Martin in the House chambers: http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/bobbyrush-500x281.jpg

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-far-south-side-man-shot-killed-near-home-20120329,0,667576.story

At least two people were killed and 11 others wounded in violence across Chicago overnight, most of the victims from just two shootings on the West and South sides, according to police.

Suspects were being questioned in one of the shootings, the killing of a man near his home on the Far South Side, officials said.

The worst shooting occurred around 6 p.m. Thursday when two men in hooded sweatshirts opened fire inside a convenience store in the 1400 block of West 79th Street in the Gresham neighborhood, police said.

One man was killed and five others were wounded. The victims ranged in age from 16 to 24.

The gunmen fled in an SUV and police continued searching for them this morning.

About four hours later, four people were standing in a parking lot in the 4100 block of West Roosevelt Road when a black car drove up and gunfire rang out.

A 29-year-old man was shot in the arm, a second man the same age was shot in the leg, a 27-year-old man was shot in the leg and a 36-year-old man was shot in the thigh, police said. They were all taken by a friend to Mount Sinai Hospital, police said.

The gunman's car fled west on Roosevelt Road and north on Keeler Avenue, police said.

Other shootings:

-- A 31-year-old man was shot and killed across the street from his home on 113th Place between State Street and South Michigan Avenue, police said. David Gulley, 31, was pronounced dead at Roseland Community Hospital about 5:10 p.m., according to the Cook County medical examiner's office said.

Calumet District officers saw the shooting and brought several people in for questioning, police said. Up to three guns were recovered, police said. The people were still being questioned as of 5 a.m. today, police said.

-- A 24-year-old man was shot in the buttocks in the 11800 block of South Ashland Avenue about 5 p.m. on the Far South Side, police said. He was walking down the street when two people approached on foot and opened fire, police said.

He was stable Advocate Christ Medical Center, police said. No one was in custody this morning.

-- About 10:15 p.m., a man in his 30s was shot in the leg in the 13100 block of South Ellis Avenue. He was taken to Metro South Medical Center in Blue Island, police said.

The man told police he heard shots and felt pain.

I didn't see one mention of the race of the shooters or victims. I wonder why?

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

About four hours later, four people were standing in a parking lot in the 4100 block of West Roosevelt Road when a black car drove up and gunfire rang out.

I didn't see one mention of the race of the shooters or victims. I wonder why?

funny how that works...

If only Chicago would ban handguns. it's for the children.

fuckin idiots.

I guess there will be a thread every time someone gets killed in this country now.

only if they look like obama...

That's a lot of crappy shooting. Those guys really need to get to the range. :thumbsdown:

That's a lot of crappy shooting. Those guys really need to get to the range. :thumbsdown:

Honestly... I've said this before... gangbangers have HORRIBLE aim. It always seems they are killing some innocent bystander or a kid or a grandma and they never hit their target.

I heard something interesting on a morning show in Philly one time when they were talking about the fact that it always seems like some bystander is killed instead of who they meant to kill. Their solution was to take all the gangbangers and give them target practice and then the problem would take care of itself. I chuckled, but it's actually true.

Honestly... I've said this before... gangbangers have HORRIBLE aim. It always seems they are killing some innocent bystander or a kid or a grandma and they never hit their target.

I heard something interesting on a morning show in Philly one time when they were talking about the fact that it always seems like some bystander is killed instead of who they meant to kill. Their solution was to take all the gangbangers and give them target practice and then the problem would take care of itself. I chuckled, but it's actually true.

There is nothing interesting on morning radio or TV in Philly. Everything sucks nowadays.

Also, I think that many of these street thugs are all about looking cool when pulling a trigger rather than be accurate and hit their intended target. So they pull out their handguns and hold them tilted sideways, the hand in the same position as if it was hovering over a keyboard, ready to type. Then they pull the trigger and aim the gun in the general direction of the target, not eyeing up the target first, nor compensating for any kick. Random luck if they hit anything they tried to hit. The result is similar to Jeff Daniels pulling the trigger in Dumb and Dumber.

It could be that they are driving as they are shooting. That takes some practice to be shooting from a moving vehicle and then hitting your target. :dunno:

It could be that they are driving as they are shooting. That takes some practice to be shooting from a moving vehicle and then hitting your target. :dunno:

I think it's more what Phillybear said. They're not all drive bys. They just want to look badass and they really have no idea how to properly shoot a gun.

I think it's more what Phillybear said. They're not all drive bys. They just want to look badass and they really have no idea how to properly shoot a gun.

Well that, and it's a lot harder to hit a moving target with a handgun than a lot of people might think, and I would imagine this is particularly true if said moving target is shooting back at you.

Well cummon... I'm a firearms instructor... it takes a sh!ttton of constant practice to be accurate when shooting a hand gun. As I doubt the fine gentlemen doing the shooting are members of the local gunclub, I think we can safely assume it's the very first or third time they've ever fire a gun.

THEY AIN'T NO DAISY'S!!!

Why are some if you blaming gangbangers? The article says nothing about gangs. Is it the hoodies?

We now know only quality, All-American kids wear hoodies.

If only Chicago would ban handguns. it's for the children.

fuckin idiots.

:pointstosky: :pointstosky:

CA lawmakers wore hoodies on the assembly and senate floors yesterdays. They chose the same really light gray ones, and from the back views, since the hoods were pointy, it looked a lot more like another kind of gathering :doh:

CA lawmakers wore hoodies on the assembly and senate floors yesterdays. They chose the same really light gray ones, and from the back views, since the hoods were pointy, it looked a lot more like another kind of gathering :doh:

:doublethumbsup: :lol:

The morons running that state can't get anything right.