Sign in to follow this  
Mark91G

1 Keeper and 2nd pick advice

I have the 2nd pick in my league and we all have one keeper in standard scoring.

think my best options for keeper are

Ajayi - now has a concussion and no QB

Freeman - best talent i have but how much will Coleman hurt

Gurley - no idea what Gurley we get and how his o line and QB situation works out

noticed that bot zeke and OBJ should be available not sure if Zeke suspension puts 1st pick off and he takes OBJ or if he goes crazy and picks someone else.

and if Zeke dose go should i look past OBJ and secure possibly McCoy level Rb to set up the back field and deal with WR later

grateful for advice on who is best keeper and what way you would use the 2nd pick

thanks

Until you find out more about Ajayi and the situation in Miami, I'd be tempted to roll the dice and try to get OBJ.

Until you find out more about Ajayi and the situation in Miami, I'd be tempted to roll the dice and try to get OBJ.

my keeper dose not affect my picks so I can keep any 1 player and still have my 2nd pick, I agree with mtSkiBum that freeman is the keeper in terms of talent and sustained production but shares the load with Coleman and has a QB who can throw to a top 3 WR so his touches get limited, Ajayi has zero competition in Miami but the loss of his QB could mean Defences Load the Box on him all year but also means they will run everything through the running game. am swaying towards freeman being the safe bet as what he dose with his touches will be solid production and could muscle out Coleman.

now with the Picks if Zeke and ObJ am spilt on who to go for.

looking at the keepers in the league just now which are not set yet it looks like Zeke OBJ brown( he owns both brown and bell ) McCoy Might all be up for grabs and with the 2nd am guaranteed 1. in fact Julio Jones owner has not selected his keep but I assume it will be him.

OBJ for me. He was involved with 94 percent of the team snap count compared to 58 percent for Freeman.

my keeper dose not affect my picks so I can keep any 1 player and still have my 2nd pick, I agree with mtSkiBum that freeman is the keeper in terms of talent and sustained production but shares the load with Coleman and has a QB who can throw to a top 3 WR so his touches get limited, Ajayi has zero competition in Miami but the loss of his QB could mean Defences Load the Box on him all year but also means they will run everything through the running game. am swaying towards freeman being the safe bet as what he dose with his touches will be solid production and could muscle out Coleman.

now with the Picks if Zeke and ObJ am spilt on who to go for.

looking at the keepers in the league just now which are not set yet it looks like Zeke OBJ brown( he owns both brown and bell ) McCoy Might all be up for grabs and with the 2nd am guaranteed 1. in fact Julio Jones owner has not selected his keep but I assume it will be him.

Cutler isnt awesome, but he's good enough to prevent teams from loading the box.

Ajayi will be fine. and it's either him or Freeman.

I like Ajayi a bit more due to situation but Freeman is the better talent, but he has the Tevin Coleman problem.

it's mostly a matter of preference between the two.

I have a feeling that Ajayi, concussion aside, is going to be a workhorse that puts up solid numbers all year. Freeman will give you the big games and maybe win a couple weeks for you, but if you want consistency, Gase is going to be run heavy. You know that Ajayi also is undoubtedly the goal line back. As you see from my picture I am a Dolphins fan so possibly a little biased, but that is who I pay attention to on a daily bases.

For your first round pick (pick 2), if Zeke is there and lets say is only suspended for a game or two that is who you have to go with. I have OBJ as my keeper in one league and am a little worried about the Marshall effect in New York. Zeke you know is getting the rock 20 times a game. You start your draft with a combo of Ajayi and Zeke or Freeman and Zeke and you are golden. Plenty of WR's to be had later.

Good luck.

that's for all the advice guys think ill take zeke if he is there OBJ isn't a bad 2nd choice

as far as freeman and ajayi goes am still a bit unsure but will let the pre season playout and see where we are at the end of it

Freeman scored on first team offense last night with a 15 yard catch. Their offense is so good, maybe that is the route to go. Freeman's ADP is higher on almost every board I have seen too. I think I will go against my initial response and say Freeman.

Freeman scored on first team offense last night with a 15 yard catch. Their offense is so good, maybe that is the route to go. Freeman's ADP is higher on almost every board I have seen too. I think I will go against my initial response and say Freeman.

There is something to be said for that.

in theory, if you dont care which one you end up with, you could pull a trade for someone who is wanting Freeman, move back one or two slots in the draft and then take Ajayi at that point, but you have to have a good idea of who will be taken in between.