Sign in to follow this  
Daltnator

Need to draft 2 keepers THIS year

I'm in a 10 team-2 keeper PPR league. My 2 are David Johnson and Melvin Gordon. Both have to go back in the draft next year.

I have the 9th pick in this years draft(lost super bowl Last year).The top players available after guys were tossed back in(after the time limits) is Bell, Antonio Brown and ODB. I'm guessing the top 4 picks will go some combo of Bell,Brown,ODB and Barkley(there's a bonus keeper year if drafted as a rookie-so rookie RBs are pretty valued).

I know the typical prevailing strategy is to win now, but I do have to address the keeper situation since I'm losing both my guys. I'm not thinking Mixon will last the next 4 picks to fall to me,so I'm kicking around the idea of offering my first and third pick (I moved up to 4 in the 3rd round via a keeper trade with another owner- so my 3rd pick would be pretty enticing,I think)for the number 6(provided the 5 owner doesnt draft Mixon).

My question is:

Does anyone think that's giving up too much to try and land Mixon and maybe I should just hope Thielin, Diggs or Amari fall to me, take one of them and hope they are keeper material.next year?

I'm also thinking of reaching in the 3rd(which would be equivalent to the 5th in a redraft)for Kerryon,hoping that he may hit.

I hate making decisions!

You're probably right. Lol! I just don't want to be stuck without a couple guys I can have some confidence In Going forward!