Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

If someone steps in your line...

You have an 10 foot putt. Not some 40 footer that someone stepping in your line might actually help you with.

PArtner holes out, then walks RIGHT over your line. Do you say something, call him a doosh, demand he let you pick up yout 10 footer?

Or do you kinda ignore it...the first time or two.

I will always say something...Just cause it's bad form. :hey thanks for stepping in my line ASSH0LE!!

I would be inclined to not even notice, since golf is nothing more than riding around and drinking beer to me.

Lighten up, it's not like you're a PGA pro or anything.

I would be inclined to not even notice, since golf is nothing more than riding around and drinking beer to me.

this guy gets it

If someone accidently walks in my line I dont care.

If someone just does not care and is going to dance all up and down my line each hole then yeah im going to say something.

so many times when i play, people look around for my ball mark and all gingerly try to step over or around it and i usually say "it's fine man, I don't worry about that stuff". same thing with people talking during my swing. Obviously no one is yelling something during my backswing but two guys will be having a full on convo from the prior hole and I just step up and tee off and they will say sorry blah blah. Truthfully, I know they are talking but I don't even hear them / it doesn't distract me.... unless its an unexpected yell.

i guess if someone was "dancing" all over the green, only paing attention to his game and he walked through my line more than once I would say something. More because he's being a clown than because it's going to impact my putt.

Truthfully I don't putt well enough or play greens pristine enough that it matters. But it is a golf snob kinda thing

The guys in our group would never purposely do it.. But if it occurred I'd politely ask them to be careful - and to also tap it down if they made a mess.

And no I'm not on tour. But with upwards of 30 $5 bets, damn straight it matters.

This. Its not gonna affect my putt much if at all. And someone just stepped there in the group in front of you anyway

• Like 1

I think you're a just for noticing.

Jesus man, first off it's not the Masters. Second, your game isn't so nuanced as to be radically thrown off by such a minor little detail.

This. Its not gonna affect my putt much if at all. And someone just stepped there in the group in front of you anyway

golf without wagering, is a long walk in funny pants.

- Ben Hogan

• Like 1

Its like most things. Farting in public. Hitting on my wife. Spitting in my driveway. Not curbing your dog in my yard. Misspelling there, their or theyre.

Everyone gets a mulligan, a freebie, a mistake. We all deserve second chances.

But if that mistake happens again, Im gonna say something.

It won't make a difference if they step on your line or not... You guys aren't professionals...

The guys in our group would never purposely do it.. But if it occurred I'd politely ask them to be carefu l- and to also tap it down if they made a mess.

And no I'm not on tour. But with upwards of 30 $5 bets, damn straight it matters.

Isn't repairing spike marks a two-stroke penalty?

Isn't repairing spike marks a two-stroke penalty?

unde the current rule, yes - it is a penalty... But starting in 2019, you will be allowed to do it.

The USGA is both the best, and worst, thing to ever happen to the game of golf.. They finally got one right here.

If it bothers you just mention it to him, does nto have to be a big deal. I assume you are both males, men work stuff out....

:thumbsup:

Too many are getting caught up in a footprint leaving a spike mark.

The inherent problem with stepping in one's line has very little to do with leaving spike marks. In today's game, with spikeless shoes, and the majority of course being a Burmuda hybrid of some sort - you aren't in any real danger of leaving a spike mark.......... The real problem with azzholes stepping in your line is that it opens up the possibility of them dragging their feet - and that will tear up the green and certainly (can) affect your line to the hole.

What about the through line?

Was golfing with my son yesterday and I was explaining the through line to him. On his next putt, he ran it past about 3 feet and I told him, "now that is your through line" and you probably don't want someone chewing up the green in that area.

For recreational play, it is not a big deal, but if you are playing a match, it could cause an issue.

You should switch to discgolf then you don't worry about where someone steps.

methinks the greater issue here, is that when someone walks in front of you when you are trying to figure out wtf to do in whatever competitive fantasy game situation,

it's disrespectful. :dunno:

that's why i carry a gun.

You should switch to discgolf then you don't worry about where to get weed

Too many are getting caught up in a footprint leaving a spike mark.

The inherent problem with stepping in one's line has very little to do with leaving spike marks. In today's game, with spikeless shoes, and the majority of course being a Burmuda hybrid of some sort - you aren't in any real danger of leaving a spike mark.......... The real problem with azzholes stepping in your line is that it opens up the possibility of them dragging their feet - and that will tear up the green and certainly (can) affect your line to the hole.

These things you point out are important, but only really in truly competitive golf.

Most people arent playing for serious cash or club championships.

These things you point out are important, but only really in truly competitive golf.

For sure........and it those instances, whatever floats your boat - not the end of the world.

Next you're going to tell me it's fine to take mulligans. :mad:

Next you're going to tell me it's fine to take mulligans. :mad:

Only in charity outings where you pay for them.