Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Demarco Murray - Broken Hand

I guess we'll see just how valuable the man is, and whether they can just 'plug in Joseph Randle behind that offensive line.'

Obviously a huge loss. Even if he plays with a cast no doubt he'll be limited controlling the ball.

The guy I play for the championship in one of my money league has Murray, and a very good team regardless, this is helpful to me. Still, hate to hear about a guy gettuing hurt.

R8RMick, on 15 Dec 2014 - 1:36 PM, said:

I guess we'll see just how valuable the man is, and whether they can just 'plug in Joseph Randle behind that offensive line.'

Obviously a huge loss. Even if he plays with a cast no doubt he'll be limited controlling the ball.

Talk about a double-edged sword... If Randle and Dunbar flop - Murray and the team are out of the playoffs, but his $$ goes up bcoz it proves just how good he really is. However if Randle and Dunbar run really well and control the ball on the ground - Murray's $$ takes a hit bcoz it proves the offensive line is largely to credit.

Who would be a better add incase Murray is out?

Randle will see the more carries for sure.

I was hoping it wasn't the case but Murray is injured yet again. At least he made it through most of the season without getting injured. That was the main reason holding me back from drafting him this year was his injury proneness.

I have the higher waiver position then the Murray owner. Time to grab randle and bench him!! Lol block for the championship

I have the higher waiver position then the Murray owner. Time to grab randle and bench him!! Lol ###### block for the championship

Nice.........I may be forced to start him in the Championship (if I make it)

Fock! Not because I own him (I do in one league), but I was || close to grabbing Randle last week in my deep keeper league last week as a speculative add given Murray's contract status. :wall:

i own him in my $$ home league but added randle 4 weeks ago when i knew the playoffs were a lock :dunno: .... if murray doesnt go, i start randle. no better options. if murray DOES go, i guess i start murray even though I would be worried about his limitations.

I have a very good shot of making my championship finals as long as Forte doesn't blow up tonight. One of the other semi-finalists has Murray. Hopefully everything works out and I play him in the finals :cheers:

Being reported it's Murray's 4th metacarpal bone, left hand. Way Garrett and others are talking - it is actually in a good place for having a hand fracture.

This same injury even cost a warrior like Emmit to miss a game, and his original prognosis was 2-5 weeks.

wow I grabbed Randle on Sunday morning. I was going to add a 3rd defense and there was no one good available so figured let me grab a good handcuff just in case, never expecting that this would happen. Now I may end up actually using Randle as a flex in the championship game. I just dropped some dead weight for him that I was never going to start anyway. Note to self: Don't ever stop grinding the FA/wire list no matter what.

Just picked him up for my championship next week....and my opponent has Murray. :banana:

I've had this injury before, and in my case the surgery was required in order to put a pin in the bone. I'd say there is zero chance he plays this week.

Who would be a better add incase Murray is out?

randle is going to get more carries and the goal line work. dunbar will be change-of-pace.

If I make the dance, I just pray the teams that are eliminated stay off the waivers. :wall:

If they don't , mail them fresh dog shiiit in a box :banana:

If they don't , mail them fresh dog shiiit in a box :banana:

Mail it?! I'll drive by and shove it in their mail slot. Smear some under their door handles nightly. Put silicon on their windshield wipers and zip ties around their drive shaft (makes clicking noise while car is moving). Break into their house and sh!t in the tank on the toilets (a.k.a. upper decker - every time they flush it gets worse). Throw powdered milk in their yard (stinks and kills grass).

Then I'll get real creative. :ninja:

• Like 6

https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNFL/status/544615838553497601

HIghly doubtful he plays.

I think Randle could easily be 10+ fantasy points good in standard league. Randle will also handle GL duties.

talk about a championship week earthquake!! Randle is easily a grab and start or a grab and -block your opponent move.

(am pretty sure I just used "-block" inappropriately.....or did I?)

Mail it?! I'll drive by and shove it in their mail slot. Smear some under their door handles nightly. Put silicon on their windshield wipers and zip ties around their drive shaft (makes clicking noise while car is moving). Break into their house and sh!t in the tank on the toilets (a.k.a. upper decker - every time they flush it gets worse). Throw powdered milk in their yard (stinks and kills grass).

Then I'll get real creative. :ninja:

:lol: Upper deckers fueled with contempt , Jack Daniels and cheap messican food :banana:

• Like 1

Randle is better than most of you think

He'll get the chance to show it, but I'm not having any of it. Here's a good write up on the guy from the Dallas Morning News last year, shortly after one of Murray's injuries. I don't think he's a top tier replacement, long term or otherwise. In fact, I was on this bored about eight weeks ago filibustering for the Boys to make a move at some RB insurance.

Obviously this thing came out of nowhere, happening very late in last night's game. But I'm wondering if the Rams would have parted with Zac Stacy for a 6th or even maybe a 7th rounder. But I digress.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2013/10/breaking-down-the-boys-why-cowboys-are-in-big-trouble-with-joseph-randle.html/

He'll get the chance to show it, but I'm not having any of it. Here's a good write up on the guy from the Dallas Morning News last year, shortly after one of Murray's injuries. I don't think he's a top tier replacement, long term or otherwise. In fact, I was on this bored about eight weeks ago filibustering for the Boys to make a move at some RB insurance.

Obviously this thing came out of nowhere, happening very late in last night's game. But I'm wondering if the Rams would have parted with Zac Stacy for a 6th or even maybe a 7th rounder. But I digress.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2013/10/breaking-down-the-boys-why-cowboys-are-in-big-trouble-with-joseph-randle.html/

i read that when it came out, and i still don't like it. yes, there is a quantitative case to be made in favor of faster backs. but using raw per-carry average is poor method. what really counts in moving the chains is not mean or even median, but mode--the most common gain.

now having said that, randle still does not look great--he's been a feast-or-famine runner, and his gaudy mean hides a pretty low mode (lots of very short gains punctuated by a couple of long runs).

from a statistics nerd perspective, randle's attempts are so low that they shouldn't even be evaluated parametrically (mean) as compared to a starting back--interval scale is very deceptive due to the differing sample sizes. median and mode are much more reliable from a methodological perspective.

I think Randle will run it fine - possibly really well... I worry about him putting it on the ground - he does that.

Interesting.

I have Randle in one league backing Murray up, and I also have held onto him all year in a league I didn't. This could be a win-win.

:banana:

Would Dunbar offer any upside in ppr leagues.

IMO, not enough to justify adding him at this point. I don't think Dunbar's role changes much, if at all.

Ugh if I win the guy going against me had top ww pick and I know he's gonna block me. Figured Murray looked bulletproof so I never added a backup figured I'd ride him out and didn't expect my team to win this week either. Sux he got hurt with 3 min left in the game to boot.

Ugh if I win the guy going against me had top ww pick and I know he's gonna block me. Figured Murray looked bulletproof so I never added a backup figured I'd ride him out and didn't expect my team to win this week either. Sux he got hurt with 3 min left in the game to boot.

Good news is it is his left hand. I can see them figuring out a way to get him to play.

I sure hope so. I just wonder how productive he would b or what kind of workload he'd have. He's obviousl prob gonna come out on third down as I can't imagine he could catch any passes with a cast on. Guess it's a wait and see