Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

2018 NFC East Thread

Again. Glad to see the win and glad they didnt quit when things turned the Eagles way.

But too many mistakes, miscues red zone ineptitude and penalties kept the Eagles in this game way longer than they should have been.

In the end, they win it on a fluke.

They may win this division, but they wont contend in the playoffs if they keep playing that way.

Again. Glad to see the win and glad they didnt quit when things turned the Eagles way.

But too many mistakes, miscues red zone ineptitude and penalties kept the Eagles in this game way longer than they should have been.

In the end, they win it on a fluke.

They may win this division, but they wont contend in the playoffs if they keep playing that way.

agreed......but most of the mistakes are Dak's

Now if we only had a QB

Now if we only had a QB

Dak is a really poor deep ball passer. He hit Amari for that huge TD but I saw several deep balls with receivers who had a step in man to man and Dak just overthrew them. I think you can win with him but only if the team around him is excellent.

To me hes a league average starter and not a guy you should invest huge $ in. But Dallas will probably extend him because even mediocre starters are hard to come by.

Dak is a really poor deep ball passer. He hit Amari for that huge TD but I saw several deep balls with receivers who had a step in man to man and Dak just overthrew them. I think you can win with him but only if the team around him is excellent.

To me hes a league average starter and not a guy you should invest huge $ in. But Dallas will probably extend him because even mediocre starters are hard to come by.

Agreed :thumbsup:

And damn man, you've earned my respect tonight as well. :thumbsup: ( at least in a football sense ) :P

Now if we only had a QB

Eagles have one on the bench

This is what, the 5th week in a row Dak has missed wide ass open WRs running down the field - and fumbled?

For the record, the Iggs got hosed on the opening kick off. How in da fuq did they blow that call? :huh:

This is what, the 5th week in a row Dak has missed wide ass open WRs running down the field - and fumbled?

For the record, the Iggs got hosed on the opening kick off. How in da fuq did they blow that call? :huh:

terrible.

Cowboys continue to get all the calls

The offensive pass interference call on Goedert was also atrocious.

terrible.

Cowboys continue to get all the calls

This is arguably the best example I've seen for axing Instant Replay.

I mean if you can't get that call right, if you fock up a blatant fumble/recovery for Philly with all the cameras you have on the field, and a man in the booth - what's the point? That one call totally changed the entire vibe of the game - even as early as it was... I was embarrassed to get that call, it felt dirty.

Absolutely. Even worse than some of the OPI's called on Gronk, when he was still good

Absolutely. Even worse than some of the OPI's called on Gronk, when he was still good

Dude had his helmet ripped off and head slammed into the turf on the play, scored and it gets called back for nothing. :doh:

Incidentally Ertz and Goedert are going to be an awesome TE tandem going forward if the Eagles can fix their OL and get Wentz right.

Dude had his helmet ripped off and head slammed into the turf on the play, scored and it gets called back for nothing. :doh:

Incidentally Ertz and Goedert are going to be an awesome TE tandem going forward if the Eagles can fix their OL and get Wentz right.

His helmet got knocked loose on the initial hit when he caught it. Was easier to rip off at the endzone. When i saw it in real time, I was shocked there was no call on that

His helmet got knocked loose on the initial hit when he caught it. Was easier to rip off at the endzone. When i saw it in real time, I was shocked there was no call on that

I didnt think that was a penalty, just though it wicked to get roughed up a little and then get the TD called back for nothing.

I thought it was the right call, not so much on the Zeke penalty though.

I actually missed the 1st minute of the game, I'll try to look it up.

I actually missed the 1st minute of the game, I'll try to look it up.

The Cowboys are gonna have their hands full with the Colts next week. Should be a good test for that defense.

Andrew Luck is no Carson McCoy.

Andrew Luck is no Carson McCoy.

:D

Carson is made is thinner glass

• Like 1

You are wrong. The contact was minimal, wasnt initiated by Goedert any more than the defender, and it was within 5 yards of the LOS.

I dont particularly like the rule against runners lowering the helmet but that actually is the rule. The Goedert one was just a blown call.

take off your cowboys glasses.

Was one of the worst OPI I've ever seen called

take off your cowboys glasses.

Was one of the worst OPI I've ever seen called

It truly was. I still don't know what he supposedly did. If anything, I thought we should of been flagged for helmet to helmet after he got it.

video

Thanks......yeah, no doubt Eagles got hosed on the Kick Off fumble.

I only got to see the game on RedZone, but what I saw was another completely mixed bag from the Cowboys. Dak looked crappy at times, and turned the ball over on 2 consecutive possessions. Then he dropped two perfect TD passes into Cooper, and ended up completing 78% of his passes tallying 455 yds. It was like watching Fitzmagic. Yeah, they overpaid for Cooper, but he's really making a difference. Gallup continue to emerge as a legit 2 and don't look now, but they might have actually found a tight end. Zeke was solid, as usual.

The Defense apparently had a great first half, but the offense had to settle for field goals. Smith and Vander looked really bad in pass coverage late in the game. I saw Vander completely whiff on an open field tackle and Sproles juked his nuts off on that last TD.

Even after the Eagles tied it up, Dak and Zeke took them down the field and into FG range. Then the O line collapsed with a snap in the dirt and a sack that took them right back out of it.

Luckily, they won the toss, then the game on a deflection. I guess it's better to be lucky than good.

That offensive PI on Goedert was a gift.

The Eagles has a CB they picked up off the street 3 weeks ago (Bausby) in 1 on 1 against Cooper. They have 5 CBS injured including both starters and their starting FS. I wouldnt read into Daks performance much. Phillys CBs were mediocre last year and its a MASH unit now.

I only got to see the game on RedZone, but what I saw was another completely mixed bag from the Cowboys. Dak looked crappy at times, and turned the ball over on 2 consecutive possessions. Then he dropped two perfect TD passes into Cooper, and ended up completing 78% of his passes tallying 455 yds. It was like watching Fitzmagic. Yeah, they overpaid for Cooper, but he's really making a difference. Gallup continue to emerge as a legit 2 and don't look now, but they might have actually found a tight end. Zeke was solid, as usual.

The Defense apparently had a great first half, but the offense had to settle for field goals. Smith and Vander looked really bad in pass coverage late in the game. I saw Vander completely whiff on an open field tackle and Sproles juked his nuts off on that last TD.

Even after the Eagles tied it up, Dak and Zeke took them down the filed and into FG range. Then the O line collapsed with a snap in the dirt and a sack that took them right back out of it.

Luckily, they won the toss, then the game on a deflection. I guess it's better to be lucky than good.

That offensive PI on Goedert was a gift.

I agree on all of that, but even if it was a gift......I'll take it, WE'VE been hosed forever and a day, good to get some back.

• Like 1

And yes Dak is a mixed bag, if he'd find a way to get out of a collapsing pocket and protect the ball I could easily forgive his poor passes.

But the guy is somehow still a winner :thumbsup:

Romo would have TORN up the Eagles yesterday so bad though........miss you Tony!!!

And yes Dak is a mixed bag, if he'd find a way to get out of a collapsing pocket and protect the ball I could easily forgive his poor passes.

But the guy is somehow still a winner :thumbsup:

Romo would have TORN up the Eagles yesterday so bad though........miss you Tony!!!

So sad that cowboys fans expectations are this low now.

Dak is a winner? :o

I do believe he's #2 behind Brady in game winning drives since he entered the NFL

Their expectations are low because the Cowboys haven't done schit in over two decades.

Dak is horrible, but the cowboys made me a lot of money yesterday. :banana:

How many of them did you blow?

Eli and his friends are waiting for you. Don't need it.

Eli and his friends are waiting for you. Don't need it.

By then both teams will be resting their starters for the playoffs..............no wait. :doh:

Looks like Foles will get a chance to prove he wasnt a fluke against the Rams.

Wentz is likely out with a bad back.

Looks like Foles will get a chance to prove he wasnt a fluke against the Rams.

Wentz is likely out with a bad back.

And so it begins......

Nice game Red. :thumbsup:

Yo Jerry - did you watch the game...............you sure you want to give Dak $25m a year???? Fock I don't! :wall:

Nice game Red. :thumbsup:

Yo Jerry - did you watch the game...............you sure you want to give Dak $25m a year???? Fock I don't! :wall:

If the Cowboys dont resign Dak whats the plan though? FA or draft?

If the Cowboys dont resign Dak whats the plan though? FA or draft?

Honestly, there's not a plan........ Jerry will not only extend Dak, but he will pay him like he's elite and prized.

Like I said, there's a iceberg on the horizon and it's going to hit in 2020...... Dak, Zeke and Cooper will all be FAs - paying them all is a death sentence.