Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

NBA Free Agency 2018 Thread

Lakers Lebron jersey sales are going to go through the roof.

Think Laker fans will still buy it when he signs with Philly?

The lure of reviving a historic franchise like the lakers will be what draws him in. Plus LA lifestyle won’t be too shabby for him either.

Outside of Philly, is this really a narrative? Haven't heard much national chatter about it, including the top 3 guys, not just LeBron.

Either way, can't wait to see it all play out.

The lure of reviving a historic franchise like the lakers will be what draws him in. Plus LA lifestyle wont be too shabby for him either.

He already has a house there.

The Lakers are working on a tight window, as Lebron has to opt in or opt out at midnight. If he opts out, that means Cavs, Sixers, or Lakers. If he opts in, Lakers are out of the running logically.

If San Antonio misses out on a deal today, they still have days/weeks/months to try and find a good offer or convince Kawhi to stay and take the extra $30m over the next 4 years. In short, they have tons of backup options whereas the Lakers don't.

All that is to say.....The Spurs have the big leverage. The fact that Kawhi wants to go to LA just keeps SA from having ALL the leverage.

You're assuming they can't sign LeBron without kawhi. If LeBron signs with the lakers anyway, all this magical leverage the talking heads say the Spurs have disappears.

And the Lakers were one of the top possibilities well before kawhi publicized wanting a trade.

Sounds like Deandre Jordan will be a Mav.

Fock Deandre Jordan - WTF do we want him?

We are still a couple years away, I have no desire to have this turd on a young team that's finding it's way. I just assume play the kids and lose again this year - get a top 5 pick next year.

If they get Kawai and LeBron you can pencil the Lakers into the finals.

I suspect the GSW would have something to say about that. And I'm a Laker fan.

. I just assume play the kids and lose again this year - get a top 5 pick next year.

Ain't happening. Hell, we picked 5th this year, and you can't possibly think we will be worse with Doncic and a 2nd year DSJ.

I suspect the GSW would have something to say about that. And I'm a Laker fan.

So used to LeBron in the east I didn’t consider the West. West champ series I mean.

If they get Kawai and LeBron you can pencil the Lakers into the finals.

If they get Kawhi and Lebron, you can pencil in the Warriors for actually putting out a legit concentrated effort at least.....which is something the only did for about 2 halves of basketball against the Rockets in this season's playoffs.

Ain't happening. Hell, we picked 5th this year, and you can't possibly think we will be worse with Doncic and a 2nd year DSJ.

I'd just assume go after Randle in LA.......given him the money.

I'd just assume go after Randle in LA.......given him the money.

I'll give you that it is the duty of all Mavs fans to hate Deandre forever......so I'm fine with him being out of the league next year if possible...but he is a basketball fit.

I don't think Randle is the guy to grab. He can't shoot or space the floor. He isn't a pick and roll roller. He isn't athletic enough to switch on defense. He doesn't keep the ball moving on offense. I don't really want Cousins either for the same type reasons.

For a New York Knicks fan you sure talk about the 76'rs a lot.

I'll give you that it is the duty of all Mavs fans to hate Deandre forever.

To be honest, I never really got too upset with him for this.. It would have been a stupid biz move for him to leave LA.

I just don't want to commit $24m to a guy who isn't going to be here when we're good or who doesn't hold any trade value.. I'd rather roll the dice on a young kid/project.

To be honest, I never really got too upset with him for this.. It would have been a stupid biz move for him to leave LA.

I just don't want to commit $24m to a guy who isn't going to be here when we're good or who doesn't hold any trade value.. I'd rather roll the dice on a young kid/project.

seems like the Mavs to me might make one last run for Dirk, they aren't that far off, especially if that kid can contribute from day 1

they might be like a 4-5 seed potentially

:thumbsup:

Jordan is chasing one last pay day. Not an immediate difference maker.

Looking more and more likely LeBron goes to LA.

Ugh. Feels weird. I hate it......

Stephen A is reporting that Lebron has been texting Kevin Durant about joining up on the Lakers.....

:lol:

Stephen A is a filthy liar and annoying as fock.

Paul George resigning with OKC. Love it.

That's an awful resigning

If LeBron goes to LA you won't hear from me much about him anymore. I'll add them to the Warriors and Celtics as places that if he went there, I'd be out as a fan. Warriors and Celtics because if you are a top tier MVP type player, you simply cannot go to the defending champs or your conference rival. That's just weak sauce.

Lakers just don't feel right and to be honest Chicago either. That's Kobe's and MJ's teams (in recent era). If I'm LeBron those are off limits too. Just wouldn't feel right..........

JMO

Id be out too. Would probably just stop watching basketball. Been a Lakers fan my entire life. Just cant stand LeBron.

Id be out too. Would probably just stop watching basketball. Been a Lakers fan my entire life. Just cant stand LeBron.

So they arent allowed to have great players because they already had great players at one point? Wacky stance.

So they arent allowed to have great players because they already had great players at one point? Wacky stance.

Even wackier interpretation of what I wrote. :wacko:

Even wackier interpretation of what I wrote. :wacko:

It was more in response to KSB saying those teams were off limits to Lebron just because they had great players in the past. Makes no sense. Players want to be the NEXT great player to follow in those teams legacy.

I am no NBA guy

but 40 mil a year for Chris Paul??? you kidding me?

Being head of the player's association has its privileges.

I am no NBA guy

but 40 mil a year for Chris Paul??? you kidding me?

Organization officially hamstrung.

LeBron signs with Lakers.

Report is a 4 year deal worth $154m

Ohhhh man, lets get some baby! SoCal is going to go crazy. So many Leflop haters but now will be overnight megafans.

Hell yeah!

Some of the most fun Ive had with the NBA has been ripping and bagging on Lebron, but back in Cleveland it was kind of hard to hate him as much. But now he decides to sign with the most hatable and entitled franchise in the league? Problem solved!

Sweet, now I don't have to worry about KSB carrying the water for this guy any longer. That's a win.

Right.

Sweet, now I don't have to worry about KSB carrying the water for this guy any longer. That's a win.

Right.

Gat eeem! The explanations and excuses should be good. Just be a fan and own it. Fandom with stipulations and conditions is not real fandom.

Yuck...

My God, can you all imagine how biased the league is going to order their officials to be towards the most entitled player, fan base, and team in league history? Itll be vomit inducing.

You can expect the league to force the Spurs to take less than theyd otherwise get for Kawhi now. Book it.