Sign in to follow this  
phins1921

Anyone ready to trade or bench Demaryius Thomas?

He has been frustrating as heck watching his play this year. I know a lot has to do with the QB play but still he hasn't looked great at all. Has anyone traded him yet or even benched him at all?

Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas. What do they all have in common?

All having a down year so far and jones and Thomas have no touchdowns so far, Bryant has 3.

All having a down year so far and jones and Thomas have no touchdowns so far, Bryant has 3.

And don't seem to care all that much after being paid

• Like 1

I'm benching him this week for Hogan. I'm hoping he has a decent game so I can possibly trade him for someone decent. If not, I'm dropping him. 8 - 10 pts per game (1 in week 4) in PPR just doesn't cut it.

Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas. What do they all have in common?

Not sure, Dez has scored multiple tds this season.

Not sure, Dez has scored multiple tds this season.

Yeah, but that's just because the other options are lacking on that team, and Dak is really good. Look at his receptions and yards. Nothing special for a top paid receiver

Dez was never a super volume wr. He IS slowing down a bit so the deep shots catch + yac plays aren't there as much. Dez was always a risk for 2 for 20 games. Injuries were the excuse provided, but it's the same when he's healthy. He's a td machine jumpball winning receiving option.

DT is going to end up with a decent season somehow. The DT who feasted off of Peyton's last ride as a presnap maestro and occasional deep shot maker is all but gone. So, 90, 1100, and 6 tds is something around what will happen if he plays and is even kinda sorta healthy.

I'd trade him if someone is still thinking they're getting a top 5 fantasy wr in DT. As it stands, stick him in your lineup and roll with it. Don't get cute, bench him, and miss one of his 10 for 140 games.

Sell high after this 10 catch game. He only had it because I was facing him and his owner is one of those Golden boy types who always have their team go for career bests vs me. Sounds silly but its reliable like the tides, every year. No more than 6 a game all year now 10, he will be back to 6 next game.

• Like 1

I would agree.

What a sloppy performance from the Broncos last night.

With Sanders injury, I'm holding. Maybe if he has another big game with Sanders out I'll look to move him. But honestly he is who I thought he was, so I can't say I am disappointed with his performance so far other than the lack of td's.

Hey but if someone else's see it the same way, you might be able to upgrade.

Maybe?

True, with Sanders ailing DT is even more attractive. Hes a high floor steady guy at worst, he wont kill you. So many times a game comes down to just needing a solid 7-10 points instead of a 2.

True, with Sanders ailing DT is even more attractive. Hes a high floor steady guy at worst, he wont kill you. So many times a game comes down to just needing a solid 7-10 points instead of a 2.

Prob best way to describe this situation.

I don't know that he's a guy to give up, he had a big game yesterday

You just have to temper expectations, he's an okay WR2 or flex guy, not a top tier WR1