Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Joe Morgan says steroid users don't belong in hall of fame

I agree.

Section 5 of the Rules for Election states, Voting shall be based upon the players record, playing ability, integrity, sportsmanship, character, and contributions to the team(s) on which the player played. I care about how good a player was or what kind of numbers he put up; but if a player did steroids, his integrity is suspect; he lacks sportsmanship; his character is flawed; and, whatever contribution he made to his team is now dwarfed by his selfishness

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/joe-morgan-really-doesnt-think-steroid-users-belong-hall-fame-163744968.html

They'd better remove.

Pudge, Big Hurt, Piazza, Bagpipes and Biggio ASAP

Morgan also thinks Mitchell Report people should be out:

So Pedro, Pudge, Roberto Alomar should be out soon...

Yep. Fock all the cheaters.

Keep your tainted records and inflated stats, but you ain't welcome in Cooperstown.

Yep. Fock all the cheaters.

Keep your tainted records and inflated stats, but you ain't welcome in Cooperstown.

but judge's 52 HR with juiced balls are okay? :wacko:

did you watch the World Series at all?

Sept. 19, 2017
Going into Tuesday, an average of 2.53 homers had been belted per game (by both teams), a figure representing a 9% increase over last season.
That left the record total of 5,693, registered in 2000 amid the so-called steroid era, just 16 dingers away. At about 9:15 ET, the Kansas City Royals’ Alex Gordon homered off the Toronto Blue Jays’ Ryan Tepera to break the mark.
With 183 games left to play going into Tuesday, the question was less when but by how many the old mark would be broken. The current pace calls for a total of 6,139 — a stunning 47% hike since 2014.

Nope.

Hall of Fame is a joke anyway. Not as bad as the MVP and golden glove awards,

I'm fine if they close it down.

Bill Mazeroski, Ozzie Smiff, Pee Wee Reese, Phil Rizzuto, Bert Blyleven, Luis Apparico, Craig Biggio

In there with the likes of TEd Williams, Mickey mantle, Willie Mays :wacko:

Yeah....This is a non issue. Hard to definitively know who took steroids. But if you knew others were, and didn't take them yourself to stay up to speed with your competition, then you're a quitting loser who didn't try hard enough and you don't deserve to be in the hall anyway.

Pansies..

Yeah....This is a non issue. Hard to definitively know who took steroids. But if you knew others were, and didn't take them yourself to stay up to speed with your competition, then you're a quitting loser who didn't try hard enough and you don't deserve to be in the hall anyway.

Pansies..

The world needs more fathers like you.

No one can be in if steroid users arent around. 90% of the league was on them at the time.

I think 90 is an exaggeration, but there certainly were many.

And those who cheated can all rot outside the gates of Cooperstown for all I care.

Not one of the players you named was in the Mitchell Report.

Any idea how many of those names in the report would ever be considered for the hall of fame?

At a glance, the biggest names are

Bonds, Palmeiro, Sheffield, Gonzalez, Giambi, Velarde, Brown, Clemens, Dykstra, Giambi, Canseco, Knoblauch, Pettite, Tejada, Vaughn, Zaun and M Williams.

I'm ok with all of them being disqualified.

McGuire and Sosa were not part of this report, but they don't belong either.

They'd better remove.

Pudge, Big Hurt, Piazza, Bagpipes and Biggio ASAP

gtfo. At no point has Thomas ever been even remotely linked to roids. He was a football player with a massive build that lost weight as he got older. The big hurt. Hahahaha. What a focking moron. You can't stand one of the greats calling your boy Barry out can ya ? Frank Thomas came out of Auburn at 6 ft 5 270 and left mlb at 6 ft 5 240. Again. Gtfo

Ya boy bonds? 6 ft 2 185 entering the league. 6 ft 2 230lbs leaving. 45 lbs of roid use. 30 stored in his head.

Did I mention gtfo?

Not one of the players you named was in the Mitchell Report.

No Red Sox were in the Mitchell report either. Shouldn't be held up as a valid investigation.

gtfo. At no point has Thomas ever been even remotely linked to roids. He was a football player with a massive build that lost weight as he got older. The big hurt. Hahahaha. What a focking moron. You can't stand one of the greats calling your boy Barry out can ya ? Frank Thomas came out of Auburn at 6 ft 5 270 and left mlb at 6 ft 5 240. Again. Gtfo

Ya boy bonds? 6 ft 2 185 entering the league. 6 ft 2 230lbs leaving. 45 lbs of roid use. 30 stored in his head.

Did I mention gtfo?

OOTMFFITHOF :banana:

War Eagle! :banana:

Hall of Fame is a joke anyway. Not as bad as the MVP and golden glove awards,

I'm fine if they close it down.

Bill Mazeroski, Ozzie Smiff, Pee Wee Reese, Phil Rizzuto, Bert Blyleven, Luis Apparico, Craig Biggio

In there with the likes of TEd Williams, Mickey mantle, Willie Mays :wacko:

That's a lame argument you could make with any HOF in any sport. Like how can Swann be in the HOF with the likes of Rice and LT.

Did I mention gtfo?

He's the one that didn't use during the steroid era. :dunno:

http://metsmerizedonline.com/2014/01/from-left-field-why-does-frank-thomas-get-a-pass-in-steroid-era.html/

That's a lame argument you could make with any HOF in any sport. Like how can Swann be in the HOF with the likes of Rice and LT.

He shouldn't be.

He shouldn't be.

I really believe Swann is only in because of his Super Bowl X performance and that one circus catch he made.

It was part of the pre game highlight reel on one of the networks for years.

I really believe Swann is only in because of his Super Bowl X performance and that one circus catch he made.

It was part of the pre game highlight reel on one of the networks for years.

100%

which makes the HOF a joke

Same as Bill Mazeroski. :rolleyes: