Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Check in here if you do not care about Golf

Don't play. Don't watch. All of Long Island is a buzz about this.

Not me.

Check!

No Wait!................Putt Putt

The only sport Id watch golf over is mens tennis.

Football

Soccer

NASCAR

Xgames type stuff (snowboarding/skateboarding/etc)

Baseball

Basketball

Hockey

Womens tennis

Golf

Mens tennis

Pro Football is the only sport I watch nowadays

Golf & Baseball are only on if there's nothing better to take a nap to.

Pro Football is the only sport I watch nowadays

Golf & Baseball are only on if there's nothing better to take a nap to.

Ur new avatard is great. :lol:

Haven't watched any in years and even then I hardly watched any.

I heard Tiger started to suck but *poof* I hear something happened and now he doesn't suck anymore.

As Furio said in The Sopranos, "Stupida fockin game".

Not a fan. When something interesting happens (like Phil yesterday), I pay attention.

Possibly the most lazy, pretentious and inane "sport".

it's a thinkers game, you wouldn't understand.

Gimme a golf thread over a political thread errrrry day of the week :)

• Like 1

I grew up playing lacrosse. A man's game of speed and power. It coincided with golf season, so I didnn't have any interest in golf.

I classify golf, darts, horseshoes, and bowling as carnival games. They are activities that you could participate in to win a stuffed animal. No physical fitness is needed for any of them.

• Like 1

I grew up playing lacrosse. A man's game of speed and power. It coincided with golf season, so I didnn't have any interest in golf.

I classify golf, darts, horseshoes, and bowling as carnival games. They are activities that you could participate in to win a stuffed animal. No physical fitness is needed for any of them.

The guys who played Lacrosse were the ones too scared to play football. They didn't want to get really hit, just the appearance of it.
  • Like 1

Not a fan. When something interesting happens (like Phil yesterday), I pay attention.

What happened? I heard saw his name online last night but not what happened

Never played a round of real golf. Dont follow it or watch it, although if Im watching sports news or highlights, I am interested. I might take it up someday after I retire and need to get out if the house.

What happened? I heard saw his name online last night but not what happened

Putted a ball whilst it was rolling off the green. Cheated like the money laundering POS he is

Necessary games for when we physically get past the point of being able to play a real sport

About this Shinnecock (sp?) course. I hear it's like top 5 in the world- true ?

(Source Boomer and Gio)

Necessary games for when we physically get past the point of being able to play a real sport

There are plenty of worthwhile activities you can participate in well into your golden years - I’ve met 80 year old skiers, for example. Golf is lazy at any age.

Putted a ball whilst it was rolling off the green. Cheated like the money laundering POS he is

Yes. I heard he did what the Mets couldn't do. Hit a ball in motion

Thanks.

• Like 1

The guys who played Lacrosse were the ones too scared to play football. They didn't want to get really hit, just the appearance of it.

Football was a fall sport, lacrosse was a spring sport. Most of us played both.

Football was a fall sport, lacrosse was a spring sport. Most of us played both.

There you go. At my school not many Lax players crossed over. Preppies. I don't think the helmet in lacrosse is really necessary. Definetly not the girly shoulder pads. No one is really getting hit out there. More like they bump into each other by accident

Maybe the rules have changes since I played? We used to lower the shoulder and pop people, and slash the shiit out of each other.

The pussification continues I guess.

In virtually every other sport, the racket or equivalent is shaped and designed for maximum effect.

The hockey stick? Best way to deal with a puck that is flush mounted against the ice. The baseball bat? The tennis racket?

But then you get to golf. And they realize that just hitting a ball in wide open green spaces really wasn't that hard. So I know! Let's bend the bottom of it at some random ass angle. Okay that'll be the sport.

If the people who invented golf brought us bowling, I swear to Christ the ball would be square and the lane would be sloped like a velodrome.

Ur new avatard is great. :lol:

thanks, but it's only temporary

I grew up playing lacrosse. A man's game of speed and power. It coincided with golf season, so I didn't have any interest in golf.

I would agree with you if it didn't have one of the gheyest names in all of sports.

played lacrosse in high school and college. agree about the other games mentioned. some are high skill, some are not.

lacrosse is still physical, but we do not see a lot of bad penalties/hacking at the college level.

Maybe the rules have changes since I played? We used to lower the shoulder and pop people, and slash the shiit out of each other.

The pussification continues I guess.

growing up on the west coast, there were not as many teams. quite a few would stay in shape for football by playing lacrosse in the spring.. not a lot of regard for the rules and they were just out to hit. it has grown a bit over the past 30-40 years and we have seen both number of teams and technical skills increase greatly.

I would agree with you if it didn't have one of the gheyest names in all of sports.

True fact. You can only play lacrosse if your name is Chad Tad Thad or Sage.

But if you're a Burly lesbian, you can play field hockey all day.

• Like 2

True fact. You can only play lacrosse if your name is Chad Tad Thad or Sage.

But if you're a Burly lesbian, you can play field hockey all day.

:P

The only sport Id watch golf over is mens tennis.

Football

Soccer

NASCAR

Xgames type stuff (snowboarding/skateboarding/etc)

Baseball

Basketball

Hockey

Womens tennis

Golf

Mens tennis

Good list

yep zero interest

in fact I watch 2 sports

Football and Baseball

I am an American

Add hockey and NASCAR

Hockey is ok in person

NASCAR is stupid, I don't understand the idea of watching a car drive in circles for 2-3 hours being fun

And you claim to be American

:mad:

Anyone who bashes golf does not have the mental or physical ability to play the game with any degree of skill

Anyone who bashes golf does not have the mental or physical ability to play the game with any degree of skill

Sure. Thanks for your input.