Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

You down with JPP?

Tampa is! Let the fireworks dispensaries know he's coming!

What's your take on the Giants at #2?

Unless they are 100% convinced their future franchise QB is there - I'd trade down. I keep hearing rumors of Buffalo wanting to make a deal - they could rape them silly and make out like bandits.

I see the Giants sitting in the NFC East basement for a loooong time. No running game or passing game. Coughlin's coaching covered many failures of the FO for a decade.

Unless they are 100% convinced their future franchise QB is there - I'd trade down. I keep hearing rumors of Buffalo wanting to make a deal - they could rape them silly and make out like bandits.

I don't think they can go in a wrong direction. Want to win now? Fine, Barkley or Chubb is the pick. Want a QB? Sure, if it's the guy you want, not settle for. Want to trade down for a boatload of picks? Goodnwith that too. It's a weird spot to be in

I think the Giants have to take a QB in this spot. They havent picked any higher than 9 since they drafted Eli (really Rivers) at 2 overall in 2014. There are 3-4 QBs worth of a high first rounder this year - the Giants should have an option they like on the board at 2.

Trading down made sense for the Colts since they werent going to draft a QB anyway. They will probably end up with one of the 2 players (Chubb / Nelson) who make the most sense for their roster anyway.

Trading down makes less sense for a team like the Giants who need a QB. Another handful of mid-1st or 2nd round picks wont mean much when you get still need a QB next year and have to trade that haul to get back into position to draft one.

Theyre taking a QB.

I see the Giants sitting in the NFC East basement for a loooong time. No running game or passing game. Coughlin's coaching covered many failures of the FO for a decade.

It appears those failures are being addressed. And no passing game? Really?

I don't think they can go in a wrong direction. Want to win now? Fine, Barkley or Chubb is the pick. Want a QB? Sure, if it's the guy you want, not settle for. Want to trade down for a boatload of picks? Goodnwith that too. It's a weird spot to be in

Baker Mayfield in a Giants uniform sounds pretty good to me

Theyre taking a QB.

That puts them 2-3 years out at best from hoping to compete. They needed to cut Eli and get on the QB carousel. The greatest offseason in history to get a solid veteran and they missed it.

That puts them 2-3 years out at best from hoping to compete. They needed to cut Eli and get on the QB carousel. The greatest offseason in history to get a solid veteran and they missed it.

Eye roll. Yeah, I'm real upset they didn't give 30 mill to Cousins.

I honestly hope the Bills dont do it. I saw a rumored deal on what it would cost them and it just wouldnt be worth it IMO on a QB that is no way a certainty. Focking insane what they would have to give up to move to #2

They werent going to compete with Eli anyway. And two years isnt a long time to rebuild for a team that went 3-13 last year.

I hope they draft Barkley and hes a tremendous bust though.

They werent going to compete with Eli anyway. And two years isnt a long time to rebuild for a team that went 3-13 last year.

I hope they draft Barkley and hes a tremendous bust though.

😊

Giants are in a great spot. Can deal with Denver to the five spot and they are pretty much guaranteed Chubb or Barkley.

I honestly hope the Bills dont do it. I saw a rumored deal on what it would cost them and it just wouldnt be worth it IMO on a QB that is no way a certainty. Focking insane what they would have to give up to move to #2

Do not agree. They have been spinni g their wheels "stacking their roster" for 20 years and it has done nothing.

Who cares what they give up, they got all these picks to do just that. Only problem was they won too many games last year when they really were not very good.

Unless they like Lamar Jackson then you just dont sit at 12 and say " we will take whoever no one else wants". Cant stand when people say that. You dont just pivk a QB to pick one. You get your guy.

People get too hung up with should we trade picks is it worth it. People fail to realize only thing that matter is who do they like? Identify the guy you like most and get to where you need to be to get him.

This "well what if he doesnt pan out" stuff is so silly. Then it will be no different than the last 20 years. They have taken who in the 1st? EJ and trade up for Losman? Focking joke. They have taken no chances. And in foing so thry have sucked for 20 years.

New good GM. New coach. Picks out the azz. TAKE YOUR FOCKING SHOT

If I am the Giants, I am taking the haul that Buffalo will end up paying if you put their feet to the fire. They can fill a bunch of holes as there are probably 75+ legit starters in the draft and Buffalo would have to give them at least 3 picks in the top 75 this year (plus a couple next year) to get the deal done.

If I am the Giants, I am taking the haul that Buffalo will end up paying if you put their feet to the fire. They can fill a bunch of holes as there are probably 75+ legit starters in the draft and Buffalo would have to give them at least 3 picks in the top 75 this year (plus a couple next year) to get the deal done.

i think giants need to trade that pick to help rebuild (via draft and FA).

it was something i hoped the 9ers would do when they drafted alex smith. there was a part of my that wanted rodgers (i saw more of him due to his going to Berkeley), but knew that a new qb would struggle because the team had so many needs.

there are so many factors that lead to success or failure that teams need to acquire as many picks as possible to increase probability of success.

Trade with Denver, pick up another couple of picks, still get a premium player.

Agreed - I would not do it either..... Least with the crop of qbs coming out this year. They may be some homeruns there - but none outside of Darnold really excite me.

The flip side to that - what if one of them turns out to be Wentz 2018? With hindsight, we'd all sell the farm - those kind of qbs are franchise changing.

They would have to nail a QB pick and nail the next 2 drafts to be competitive in the NFC East. That's still a ways from being competitive in the NFC.

They would have to nail a QB pick and nail the next 2 drafts to be competitive in the NFC East. That's still a ways from being competitive in the NFC.

Nail the QB pick and the Giants could be competitive in 2 seasons. Hell, they could go 8-8 next year after improving on the line. The Boys and Skins got got worse and the NYG are better than their 3-13 record.

Thanks Redskins fan. Will be sure and hope the Giants follow Snyder and Companies methods of success. Working out great down there.

NYG are better than their 3-13 record.

The NFL is filled with parody, maybe 5-11. No better than that. No running game and no passing game. Eli had a workman's career, but that is over.

Can OBJ stay healthy until they find a QB? Will he stay past this year for a rebuilding team? Will the Giants pay him? Unlikely, is the answer to all 3.

Only silver lining for the Giants is the Skins and Cowboys aren't great and the Eagles have had FA casualties (along with QB questions entering this season).

The NFL is filled with parody, maybe 5-11. No better than that. No running game and no passing game. Eli had a workman's career, but that is over.

Can OBJ stay healthy until they find a QB? Will he stay past this year for a rebuilding team? Will the Giants pay him? Unlikely, is the answer to all 3.

Only silver lining for the Giants is the Skins and Cowboys aren't great and the Eagles have had FA casualties (along with QB questions entering this season).

The Giants sucks but they were more competitive than their record would indicate and other than the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles, the whole division got worse. With a good draft they could be back in the playoffs in a few seasons. They really should be getting their signal caller of the future now though.

Anyway fock the Giants.

The Giants sucks but they were more competitive than their record would indicate and other than the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles, the whole division got worse. With a good draft they could be back in the playoffs in a few seasons. They really should be getting their signal caller of the future now though.

Anyway fock the Giants.

Yeah. I'm sure you were a big eagles fan growing up. You probably rooted for the Giants back then. Look at me, I moved to Philly, miles away from Fishtown, and I'm a huuuuuge Eagies fan! Herman Carmichael? Never heard of him.

Yeah. I'm sure you were a big eagles fan growing up. You probably rooted for the Giants back then. Look at me, I moved to Philly, miles away from Fishtown, and I'm a huuuuuge Eagies fan! Herman Carmichael? Never heard of him.

I was a Jets fan growing up. Fishtown is a neighborhood in Philly. Hope that helps?

I was a Jets fan growing up. Fishtown is a neighborhood in Philly. Hope that helps?

Big fan. And I know where Fishtown is, because I've been there. It's near the water.

Big fan. And I know where Fishtown is, because I've been there. It's near the water.

You have never been here.

You have never been here.

Sure I was. You seem to be confused where it is. It's definetly down by the river, contrary to your continuing to say it is not.

Sure I was.

You cant remember the street or restaurant you were at. This story is faker than your imaginary kids.

You cant remember the street or restaurant you were at. This story is faker than your imaginary kids.

I give you credit, that's not as disgusting as what you have said about my wife and children. You're still a scumbag, but it's an improvement.

I give you credit, that's not as disgusting as what you have said about my wife and children. You're still a scumbag, but it's an improvement.

The sad thing is you tell these lies to get attention. :(

Get a room already. You know you two want to Fvck. Angry Fvck.

Can you imagine spending all day here telling lies to troll anonymous men into slapfights? Can you imagine a Marine / ex cop who is a SAHD minding a toddler doing that?

Me neither. We are dealing with a very sick, gay freak. :(

Deflection. You know what you said, you know how horrible it was, and knowing this you tried to pin it on me. Scumbag

Agreed - I would not do it either..... Least with the crop of qbs coming out this year. They may be some homeruns there - but none outside of Darnold really excite me.

The flip side to that - what if one of them turns out to be Wentz 2018? With hindsight, we'd all sell the farm - those kind of qbs are franchise changing.

All depends who they like or if they like any them. If you really like Rosen then you go try to get him. If you really like Allen or Baker you go where you need to go to get them. If you like Lamar Jackson then you may stay put and draft him at 12.

So they moved up to #12 2 months ahead of time. I think the plan is move up again. Why move up to 12 way early just to sit and pick a non QB?