Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

Tim Geithner is totally inept.

Right. Then what did you mean when you posted:

Sure sounds like a defense of his actions to me.

Reid is forcing Romney's hand. It's good 21st Century politics (Whether or not you/I like 21st Century politics is a completely different topic). Romney is in a lose-lose situation now. Reid Tysoned him into the corner. And he's Marvin Fraziering.

Learn how to read Billy bob. He said he went 10 years without paying. He didn't say the last 10 years. Did you ever learn reading comprehension in that backwards state you live in?

Sure looks like you are defending Reid with this post as well.

Facts say Reid is wrong......you say "He didn't specify which 10 years".

Nope, you haven't been defending him in this thread. :overhead:

Reid is forcing Romney's hand. It's good 21st Century politics (Whether or not you/I like 21st Century politics is a completely different topic). Romney is in a lose-lose situation now. Reid Tysoned him into the corner. And he's Marvin Fraziering.

Reid came off as a buffoon. You and Med are the only kook aid drinkers around here who can't see it.

Romney KO'd Reid by calling him out: "Put up or shut up".

Right. Then what did you mean when you posted:

Sure sounds like a defense of his actions to me.

How is that defending his actions? I said they now both play the dumb game. Do I think Reid is smart to do this? Yes. He wants to get obama reelected. But it does not mean I approve of his actions. I don't even really like Harry Reid, I just love that he gets rp's panties in a knot everytime he says something.

Sure looks like you are defending Reid with this post as well.

Facts say Reid is wrong......you say "He didn't specify which 10 years".

Nope, you haven't been defending him in this thread. :overhead:

Nope, I was just showing how dumb you were to be disproving something that Reid never said. Learn how to read Billy bob.

How is that defending his actions? I said they now both play the dumb game. Do I think Reid is smart to do this? Yes. He wants to get obama reelected. But it does not mean I approve of his actions. I don't even really like Harry Reid, I just love that he gets rp's panties in a knot everytime he says something.

Panties in a knot?????

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm enjoying everyone, including most of the Obamamedia, mock Reid's lies.

It's the gift that keeps on giving......especially with you feebly attempting to defend and explain his lies on the Senate floor.

Good stuff all around. :pointstosky:

Haha!

You say "I'm not defending Reid's actions" then go on a long diatribe of spin defending his actions.

Hasn't been a good showing for you in this thread.

Did I say i thought he was right to do this. I simply explained what he is doing and said he knew exactly what he is doing. Saying that Reid knows what he is doing is different than defending his actions.

Lets try this:

Karl Rove was smart to put John Kerry on the defensive by having those swift boat veterans say that Kerry never deserved those medals. Rove knew that by doing this he  would eliminate the advantage Kerry could claim in having served in combat in Vietnam while Bush did not.

did I defend Karl Rove above? Did I say he was truthful in his actions? No, I just stated what I believe were the motivations behind his actions and how they were politically smart even though they may not have been honest. .

It's like I have to dumb myself down to have a conversation with you. I am kicking the living crap out of you and you don't even realize it. You are dumber than I thought. Did one of those disease carrying hogs that are so plentiful in texas, take a bite of your brain over the weekend?

How is that defending his actions? I said they now both play the dumb game. Do I think Reid is smart to do this? Yes. He wants to get obama reelected. But it does not mean I approve of his actions.

Then say that. What you said, that I quoted, was a defense. Just because you're trying to clarify now by saying you think it's smart but you don't approve doesn't mean your previous statement wasn't a defense. It was.

So are we to conclude from this thread that Geithner is, in fact, totally ept?

Umm, not exactly. The strategy is somewhat backfiring. Only the staunchest of Obamabots are defending Reid, people like Pelosi and Wasserman-Schultz, and they are getting grilled by usually friendly media like Snuffleupegas. The left-leaning fact orgs have called his statements "4 pinochios" and "pants on fire." Not even you are defending what he said.

Romney now has a viable reason to take the "high road." For him to acquiesce now would be to say that such slimeball tactics work, and anyone who pushes otherwise associates himself with those tactics. There aren't a whole lot of people lining up to do that at the moment, because the stink of Harry Reid can be tough to wash out.

It is quite similar to the birthers, if you think about it. :thumbsup:

Umm, not exactly. The strategy is somewhat backfiring. Only the staunchest of Obamabots are defending Reid, people like Pelosi and Wasserman-Schultz, and they are getting grilled by usually friendly media like Snuffleupegas. The left-leaning fact orgs have called his statements "4 pinochios" and "pants on fire." Not even you are defending what he said.

Romney now has a viable reason to take the "high road." For him to acquiesce now would be to say that such slimeball tactics work, and anyone who pushes otherwise associates himself with those tactics. There aren't a whole lot of people lining up to do that at the moment, because the stink of Harry Reid can be tough to wash out.

It's totally birther and a horrific calculation on Reid's part. Smarmy Carney tried to simultaneously back away while hanging on, pretty spineless.

When the only supporters are the most fringe wackjobs, it's backfired.

It's totally birther and a horrific calculation on Reid's part. Smarmy Carney tried to simultaneously back away while hanging on, pretty spineless.

When the only supporters are the most fringe wackjobs, it's backfired.

Truth, look no further than the people here who are defending it as a great political move.

I think it has been shown in past campaigns that "taking the high road" and not addressing accusations is a losing strategy. Kerry was slow to respond to the swift boaters and Dukakis didn't address the willie Horton issue straight on. While Obama took on the Jeremiah Wright controversy head on and put it to bed before the election hit the home stretch. My opinion is that this tax issue could linger and hurt Romney.

I find it highly unlikely that Romney failed to pay any taxes over a ten year period but personally, I have no problem with Romney if he was able to pay zero income taxes legally within our tax system. I would have a problem with the tax system but not with the businessman. But I think Romney realizes that if he releases more of his taxes then they may not play well on the television and internet. Especially if his effective tax rate is very low.

Here is an article that has a lot of points I agree with. especially the parts explaining why Romney is now in a difficult position on this issue:

Talk of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's allegation that Mitt Romney had not paid any taxes at all for 10 years dominated the Sunday talk show circuit as Republicans denounced the (still-unsubstantiated) charge.

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus called Reid a "dirty liar," noting that the top-ranking Democrat in the Senate had still not made public who allegedly told him about Romney's tax history. (Romney, for his part, has said he paid taxes every year.) Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, the head of the Republican Governors Association, called Reid's allegation a "reckless and slanderous charge".

The amping up of Republican rhetoric amounts to a recognition that no matter how unfair they believe Reid's charge is (and they believe it is in­cred­ibly unfair), the allegation is churning up the tax return issue and needs to be pushed back on hard.

At its root, the problem for Romney on this matter is that he and Reid are simply not playing by the same set of rules. Here's why.

1. Reid isn't up for re-election until 2016 (if he even decides to run again, since he will be 76 years old that year).

2. His allegation against Romney only strengthens his hand among his Democratic colleagues in and out of the Senate.

3. He's not running for president and, therefore, isn't subject to the same sort of transparency demands that Romney is.

4. He's far less well-known than Romney, meaning that by engaging Reid, the Republican presidential nominee is punching down in a big way.

"He's fearless and shameless," said Jon Ralston, the leading political journalist in the state of Nevada and a man who has watched Reid's career closely. "The most dangerous man is one who does not care."

The shaming of Reid, which is clearly what Republicans Romney included are now set on doing, then, likely won't work. Several close Reid allies insist he simply will never reveal the alleged source of the Romney tax information and, they argue, politically speaking he won't ever have to, since the allegation as we noted above does little harm to Reid's political career.

In politics, a charge unanswered is a charge believed. It's why Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry's (D) slow response to charges regarding his service in Vietnam allegations Kerry clearly believed were beneath contempt wound up playing a major role in his defeat in the 2004 presidential election.

"I just believe that this hurts Romney more," said one senior Republican strategist who follows Nevada politics closely. "If he doesn't produce his tax returns, this will probably continue. If he finally relents, then Reid just says 'thank you.'"

Reid is among the most Machiavellian politicians operating today (or ever). He picked this fight with Romney on purpose, knowing that the Republican nominee was due to the rules of politics fighting with at least one hand tied behind his back.

And it's why, whether you like what Reid is doing or not, he's created a problem that Romney and the Republican Party have to figure out how to handle and quickly.

http://www.washingto...396c8_blog.html

Who cares what Harry Reid says? He's just a private citizen. I know this because Recliner Phaggot said he would leave forever if Harry Reid won re-election. Since RP is still here I have to assume that Sharon Angle is now a US Senator.

Anybody hear from Medstudent? I miss him. :(

Who cares what Harry Reid says? He's just a private citizen. I know this because Recliner Phaggot said he would leave forever if Harry Reid won re-election. Since RP is still here I have to assume that Sharon Angle is now a US Senator.

Anybody here from Medstudent? I miss him. :(

Speaking of piece-of-sh1t losers, check out the last two threads RP started. It won't be hard, just scan page one for the two goose eggs in the replies column. LOLOL Poor guy has sunk so low that even the other Republitards on the board have no interest in his nonsense anymore. So sad to see where he has sunken. With the wife splitting and taking his daughters, I hope he isn't suicidal. :unsure:

I think it has been shown in past campaigns that "taking the high road" and not addressing accusations is a losing strategy. Kerry was slow to respond to the swift boaters and Dukakis didn't address the willie Horton issue straight on. While Obama took on the Jeremiah Wright controversy head on and put it to bed before the election hit the home stretch. My opinion is that this tax issue could linger and hurt Romney.

I find it highly unlikely that Romney failed to pay any taxes over a ten year period but personally, I have no problem with Romney if he was able to pay zero income taxes legally within our tax system. I would have a problem with the tax system but not with the businessman. But I think Romney realizes that if he releases more of his taxes then they may not play well on the television and internet. Especially if his effective tax rate is very low.

Here is an article that has a lot of points I agree with. especially the parts explaining why Romney is now in a difficult position on this issue:

I agree with a lot of what you said. It is certainly risky to not release the tax returns, and his reasons are probably as you state. Personally I would prefer he just release them and get it over with, but I'm sure his campaign has trained professionals making these calls. We intelligent folks aren't the problem; it is the easily-influenced knuckledraggers on each side who drive the rhetoric. That is why we have an Obama ad out saying Romney killed a steelworker's wife.

That being said, Reid is (justifiably) coming off as such a machiavellian doosh that, to the extent it remains Romney's strategy to withhold the tax info, this episode helps him to do that.

How exactly did Obama take on the rev wright story again ? Just because the media conspired to bury the story does not mean he took hit head on.

The "most transparent president in history" is actually the most deceitful and secretive in history.

Its sad how many sheeple buy the bullshit. You're an embarrasment to america :(

How exactly did Obama take on the rev wright story again ? Just because the media conspired to bury the story does not mean he took hit head on.

The "most transparent president in history" is actually the most deceitful and secretive in history.

Its sad how many sheeple buy the bullshit. You're an embarrasment to america :(

I remember hearing a ton about the Reverend Wright situation at the time. I'd hardly say it was buried.

I remember hearing a ton about the Reverend Wright situation at the time. I'd hardly say it was buried.

:lol: sure you do, have a link to him "taking it on" ?

:lol: sure you do, have a link to him "taking it on" ?

I just remember hearing a whole lot about it when the story came out. And it wasn't on Fox News, I can promise you that.

As for me fetching you a link....LOLOL. You should know better than that by watching your butt-buddy, RP, ask me for links. You have a better chance of seeing God then you do of me doing your leg work for you. :wave:

I just remember hearing a whole lot about it when the story came out. And it wasn't on Fox News, I can promise you that.

As for me fetching you a link....LOLOL. You should know better than that by watching your butt-buddy, RP, ask me for links. You have a better chance of seeing God then you do of me doing your leg work for you. :wave:

Im a pats fan, we get to see god on the pats sidelines every sunday during football season. :pointstosky:

Im a pats fan, we get to see god on the pats sidelines every sunday during football season. :pointstosky:

God and a queer. That's quite a combo. :thumbsup:

Over several years, Treasury secretary nominee Timothy F. Geithner failed to pay Social Security taxes, even though he was advised by his employer to do so, signed an agreement indicating that he understood that such payments were his responsibility and received extra pay from his employer specifically for that purpose.

Mr. Geithner "came clean" only when he was caught, first by an IRS audit that found he owed Social Security taxes for 2003 and 2004 and then when additional tax liabilities for 2001 and 2002 were discovered after his nomination. He has been praised for repaying these additional taxes for the earlier years, which apparently may not have been required under a statute of limitations, but this raises another question: Why didn't he voluntarily correct his 2001 and 2002 taxes once he found out that he had made the same error in 2003 and 2004?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/18/AR2009011802070.html

I've been busy today and have not listened to any news.

Has there been an announcement about Romney getting audited? I'm gonna be a little upset if he gets away with not paying any taxes for 10 years.

I've been busy today and have not listened to any news.

Has there been an announcement about Romney getting audited? I'm gonna be a little upset if he gets away with not paying any taxes for 10 years.

Yes. I just heard it on the same station that reported that Obama was being arrested for his part in Solyndra. Didn't you see it?

Romney is so good at not paying taxes, one might say he's the "son of BOSS!" :banana:

He seems to have all the qualification the knuckle draggers look for in a candidate.

Pioneer of outsourcing American jobs - check

Tax cheat - check

Dog abuser - check

and he's filthy rich, so I want to be just like him!

Romney is so good at not paying taxes, one might say he's the "son of BOSS!" :banana:

He seems to have all the qualificatii'm the knuckle draggers look for in a candidate.

Pioneer of outsourcing American jobs - check

Tax cheat - check

Dog abuser - check

as opposed to ?

pioneer of glorifying failure and dependency - check

unqualified affirmative action product - check

seller of guns to mexican drug cartels - check

leaker of classified information deliberately endangering our armed forces- check

race baiter - check

ashamed of his academic records - check

ability to spend the most money in the shortest time in history with absolutely nothing to show for it -check

pheww....there are lots and lots more.

One thing is for certian though, when it comes to being an incompetent unqualified pile of horse crap, that obama dude wins hands down.

:thumbsup:

he has all the qualifications spirit finger twinkle toe clueless sheep look for.

Obama seems to have all the qualification the knuckle draggers look for in a candidate.

Pioneer of outsourcing American jobs...Taxes used to bail out GM used to open plant in Venezuala - check

Tax cheat......Stole $535 Billion in taxes to give to his campaign donors at Solyndra- check

Dog abuser.....ate them for dinner while growing up - check

Good list, Skinny Jeans. :thumbsup:

Whoosh

So, no audits by the IRS despite Romney giving them the middle finger for 10 years?

Double Woosh, Ducky. :rolleyes:

as opposed to ?

pioneer of glorifying failure and dependency - check

unqualified affirmative action product - check

seller of guns to mexican drug cartels - check

leaker of classified information deliberately endangering our armed forces- check

race baiter - check

ashamed of his academic records - check

ability to spend the most money in the shortest time in history with absolutely nothing to show for it -check

pheww....there are lots and lots more.

One thing is for certian though, when it comes to being an incompetent unqualified pile of horse crap, that obama dude wins hands down.

:thumbsup:

he has all the qualifications spirit finger twinkle toe clueless sheep look for.

The Vacationer in Chief

The Fund Raiser in Chief

The Great Divider

The Great Provider

The Narcissistic Totalitarian Socialist

The Community Agitator

The Economic Bigot