Sign in to follow this  
Maulers1973

Top 10 WR for 2016.......

Ok, so we all know that it's become a passing league and RB's are less relevant in today's FFL and even NFL to some degree. So, who are your top 10 WR's going into this fall?

1. OBJ

2. Julio

3. Brown

4. A Robinson

5. Hopkins

6. D Thomas

7. Green

8. Marshal

9. Nelson

10. Landry or Kelvin

In no order and PPR:

Nuk
OBJ

AJ Green
Antonio Brown

Allen Robinson

Dez

Cobb

Cooper

Julio

Evans

Ok, so we all know that it's become a passing league and RB's are less relevant in today's FFL and even NFL to some degree. So, who are your top 10 WR's going into this fall?

1. OBJ

2. Julio

3. Brown

4. A Robinson

5. Hopkins

6. D Thomas

7. Green

8. Marshal

9. Nelson

10. Landry or Kelvin

Not bad, but I prefer AJG above DT.

1) A. Brown

2) J. Jones

3) D. Hopkins

4) AJ Green

5) D. Bryant

6) O. Beckham

7) A. Robinson

8) J. Nelson

9) S. Watkins

10) B. Marshall

Brown

Beckham

Jones

Nelson

Hopkins

Marshall

Cooks

Evans

Robinson

AJG.

1. Brown - especially with Bryant out. the guy is simply electric and has one of the best QBs feeding him the ball.

2. Hopkins - this is based on talent and share of the pie. Neither rookie will take significant looks away but may help draw some defenders away. QB play is a ? but that has been the case.

3. Jones - his QB locks on to him and he is a freak. most physically gifted on this list.

4. OBJ - needs to control his attitude/ego but is supremely talented with a fine QB and some added weapons to draw coverage.

5. Marshall - this is assuming Fitzpatrick is back in NY. Since this is for redraft, Marshall is still a beast and Fitz is the type to feed his top option.

6. Robinson - Jacksonville offense is ascending. Robinson has the most talent even though I love me some Allen Hurns.

7. Dez - maybe should have him higher... just so many good WR's in the game right now

8. AJ Green - Eifert will steal red zone looks but the losses of Jones and Sanu will increase AJ's targets.

9. Evans - VJax declining, Winston and Evans growing. Bucs not good enough to play from ahead = plenty of targets for Evans

10. D Thomas - basing this one on talent since that QB situation might be pretty rough.

Next wave in no particular order - Cooks, Nelson, Edelman, Cooper, Watkins

anyone scared of Ivory cutting into Robinsons TDs?

I thought Ivory was terrible last year after about week 4-5. Success based off pure volume in the 2nd half and I owned him. If he gets a few GL tds I guess it hurts but Allen will get his, whom I also owned last year.

1 guy passed the eyeball test and the other didn't for me.

I fear a more difficult sched cutting into his numbers more than anything. Bortles will do the same thing Tannehill did. One year have a very good TD to int ratio and the next be more of a mediocre qb. Bortles is not that good.

What the :shocking: ???

Glad I pop in here every once in a while.

I can't believe he's on no one's list???

Jeffrey- Total beast, EASILY top 10 WR. Bears will be in plenty of shootouts.

Thank me later.... :first:

• Like 1

To me, ranking WR's in the preseason is the most important part of the offseason. All of my teams are PPR and I've been doing upside down drafting for close to 10 years now with very good success.

Two guys I'm keeping a close eye on right now who I think represent GREAT value in this years draft given the fact the general public is down on them cause they disappointed last year are Demarius Thomas and Randall Cobb. Cobb's situation is simple...last year proved he can't be a #1 and draw the other team's primary attention...but with Jordy back that solves that problem.

I think Thomas was a victim of Osweilder...but hey...that's Houston's problem now and a discussion for another thread. I know Sanchez isn't a world beater but TD's can be random and given the fact Thomas had a down year in regards to TD's last year tells me he's due for a bounce back in that category. He's still a top 10 WR in my eyes and the fact I can get him in the 3rd round is MAJOR value IMO.

Never been a better year to go WR early in my opinion. The problem is the rest of the fantasy world is finally starting to catch on. The RB's I've been mocking in the 4-8 rounds tell me there is very little reason to go RB early if you're in a PPR league this year.

Completely agree, guy is ready to take off and people don't see it cuz he missed so much time.

No, I never think of an RB as taking away from a wr or vice versa. Wr tds are extremely flukey already year to year and to me they don't intersect with Rb opportunities such as goal line plunges. Improved run game only helps Allen as it can lead to more sustained drives.

I disagree , improved run game will change the coaching staff play calling and sometimes even their method of how they've been running their offence game plan .

If Ivory comes out and is successful than I do think it will cut into the td production of both wr Robinson and Hurns who had ten tds .

Plus if they do use Yeldon in the passing game and with the return of Thomas And I personally don't see Bortles throwing for as many tds this upcoming season as he had last season .

But again this all depends on the success of the run game especially in the so called red zone .

I figured I had forgotten someone. I could put Dez at number 10. I'll make Landry, Kelvin Benjamin, Edelman and Jeffery my honorable mentions.

Though, I wouldn't be surprised if these guys found a way to sneak into a top 10 final season standing spot: Keenan Allen, Jeremy Maclin, Amari Cooper or Brandin Cooks.

I think Thomas was a victim of Osweilder...but hey...that's Houston's problem now and a discussion for another thread. I know Sanchez isn't a world beater but TD's can be random and given the fact Thomas had a down year in regards to TD's last year tells me he's due for a bounce back in that category. He's still a top 10 WR in my eyes and the fact I can get him in the 3rd round is MAJOR value IMO.

Was he a victim of Osweilder or Kubiak? As a Texans fan I can see Kubiak keeping things simple Osweilder. And as a Texans fan I can say Kubiak does not always play to win, but plays it safe to not lose.

No love for Keenan Allen, especially in PPR leagues? Dude was on pace for 130+ receptions last year. PPR, I take him over guys like Benjamin, Landry, and D. Thomas, personally.

Yea Allen was on pace to have an excellent season .

I'm having a hard time with Thomas right now , just not sure where to rank him and Sanders .

Yea that's a good pick , and I should've done a better job of ranking him .

No love for Keenan Allen, especially in PPR leagues? Dude was on pace for 130+ receptions last year. PPR, I take him over guys like Benjamin, Landry, and D. Thomas, personally.

Despite the Denver QB's last season, Demaryius still had 177 targets and 105 receptions.

In the seven games Brock Osweiler started, Thomas averaged 10.5 targets, 5 catches for nearly 70 yards, and he had five touchdowns (three games with one, one game with 2, three without).

For all the complaints that arose last season and early in the offseason about Thomas' inconsistencies last season, Keenan Allen wasn't exactly a model of it either. 41 of his 67 catches came in three games. Yes he had one of the top-five best starts ever by a WR, but the lack of touchdowns throughout his career also worries me. Just 16 touchdowns on 215 career receptions. I also don't expect Allen to repeat his 75.3% catch percentage next year.

While I'd rather have a quarterback like Rivers than Sanchez/Lynch throwing to my fantasy WR's, the talent gap between Demaryius and Keenan are still a ways apart IMHO.

That isn't to say I wouldn't draft Allen, but I'm not going to move him up into Demaryius territory just yet.

In no order

Brown

Obj

Nelson

Cooks

Lockett

Maclin

Julio

Jeffery

Dez

Hopkins

Ah so we have our first Lockett truther of the year. I won't pretend to say he can't make top 10, since the top 10 wrs from last year overturn at around 50+% every year. We simply have little clue how it will actually shake out between injuries and breakouts.

However I am not a huge fan yet and feel he could be this years cordarrelle Patterson. People have this narrative going that Lockett is waltzing into the no.1 spot in Seattle and that simply is not true. Baldwin, last years 14td Dynamo is etched in stone as the no.1 and I feel Lockett is still the no.3 and that's a decent fit for him. Again, not saying he can't explode, anyone with talent and opportunity can. He could easily have a John Brown type year, 1000 7 maybe. But he is the kr, gadget, no.3 as far as I see right now.

Ah so we have our first Lockett truther of the year. I won't pretend to say he can't make top 10, since the top 10 wrs from last year overturn at around 50+% every year. We simply have little clue how it will actually shake out between injuries and breakouts.

However I am not a huge fan yet and feel he could be this years cordarrelle Patterson. People have this narrative going that Lockett is waltzing into the no.1 spot in Seattle and that simply is not true. Baldwin, last years 14td Dynamo is etched in stone as the no.1 and I feel Lockett is still the no.3 and that's a decent fit for him. Again, not saying he can't explode, anyone with talent and opportunity can. He could easily have a John Brown type year, 1000 7 maybe. But he is the kr, gadget, no.3 as far as I see right now.

Lockett making it into the too 10 is a long shot and most likely wont happen. He is my long shot to make it this year, but to be in the top 10 a receiver usually needs volume, something Lockett may be missing. If you really watched him though, you would have seen much more than just a gadget player. He played with instincts that we don't usually see from a rookie. If Baldwin wasn't there, Lockett could have had a pretty amazing season imo. I just hope Wilson isnt spreading the ball around too much.

I think D Parker of the Dolphins could be a candidate to be a top ten wr .

He has the ability to be one but I'm not to sure his Qb does .

I think D Parker of the Dolphins could be a candidate to be a top ten wr .

He has the ability to be one but I'm not to sure his Qb does .

The QB and the competition are the main knocks against him.

As of now, this would be my top ten WR's for 2016 in PPR.

1. Brown - You just can't go wrong with Brown.

2. Odell Beckham - Ditto. Sterling S. could take some coverage off him later in the year as well.

3. DeAndre Hopkins - He's too big to fail.

4. Julio Jones - I think he can still improve. Scary thought.

5. A.J. Green - Tyler is injured, Sanu and Marvin gone.... He should be a target monster in 2016.

6. Dez Bryant - Injury risk is prevalent, but if Romo and Dez are healthy, he's definitely top 10.

7. Demaryius Thomas - Peyton sucked last season and DT still looked good. Safe bet to finish top 10.

8. Keenan Allen - Contract year and was off to the races before being injured last season.

9. Allen Robinson - He may regress a bit with Ivory and a healthy Thomas, and a better defense.

10. T.Y. Hilton - I think he's being overlooked. If Luck is healthy, I see him in the 8-12 range.

I can see anyone in my top 20 finishing in the top 10. Personally, I would take Brown over anyone, but wouldn't complain about any of these guys. They are ranked on what they could do if healthy. Personally, I think Dez Bryant is a huge injury risk and would pass on him for someone similar. Cobb, Hilton, Jeffery, Evans, Marshall, Tate and a handful of others seem to be sliding down the redraft boards. I'll take any of them and be happy.

Last season D Thomas finished the season ranked 14 in points per game in ppr leagues .

I think he is a real reach to make it into the top ten this season .

Last season D Thomas finished the season ranked 14 in points per game in ppr leagues .

Agreed, I think he's the one person on these list that each time I get to his name, I think...ehhh I don't want to go down that road.

If Lynch wins that job I think it's better for him though. Kid has a big arm and likes to push the ball down the field.

Peyton played some all time bad QB and Osweiler was just decent and DThomas still had 105 1300 6. Plus a bunch of uncharacteristic drops. Ill bet a few of those catches plus 1 more td and he is in that top 10 easy. Those are stats most wrs would kill for any given year and he was considered a decent sized bust.

Classic situation where you dont want to let last years stats cloud your overall judgement. Even in this odd case where last years stats were good!

Peyton played some all time bad QB and Osweiler was just decent and DThomas still had 105 1300 6. Plus a bunch of uncharacteristic drops. Ill bet a few of those catches plus 1 more td and he is in that top 10 easy. Those are stats most wrs would kill for any given year and he was considered a decent sized bust.

Classic situation where you dont want to let last years stats cloud your overall judgement. Even in this odd case where last years stats were good!

What's his upside with Sanchez? I could see similar totals with like you said a couple more TDs. He could make the back end of the top 10, but the question is where will he end up with ADP.

What's his upside with Sanchez? I could see similar totals with like you said a couple more TDs. He could make the back end of the top 10, but the question is where will he end up with ADP.

Sanchez and Lynch you mean. Its the same as it was with what they trotted out last year and maybe better if Lynch is good. Not sure about ADP because he is polarizing. 3rd rnd? He is a steal there potentially.

Sanchez and Lynch you mean. Its the same as it was with what they trotted out last year and maybe better if Lynch is good. Not sure about ADP because he is polarizing. 3rd rnd? He is a steal there potentially.

Do you really think a rookie, Lynch, is already better than Osweiler? I doubt it.

Do you really think a rookie, Lynch, is already better than Osweiler? I doubt it.

Who knows? I says as good as last legs Peyton and maybe as good as Osweiler. Brock was largely a caretaker so its not the highest of bars. Sanchez is about as good as Osweiler.

I don't think he's better, but better for DT might be a possibility. Sanchez just doesn't make it move for me.

I agree about his stat line , but in fantasy football he finished 14 in ppr leagues .

So that's the number that matters most to me. Given the QB situation with the Broncos it would be hard to imagine him doing better than where he finshed last season .

DT had some games though where Peyton couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. That wasn't his fault. I think he has the "chance" to have a better season. Even if he finishes at 14 and you draft him as the 8th WR overall, it isn't too far of a stretch. The numbers would be fairly close. I like his upside compared to some I have ranked below him, but only because they are an injury risk. I don't think Sanchez can help him much, but I don't think Sanchez is quite as bad as Manning was last season either. He was godawful.

I agree about his stat line , but in fantasy football he finished 14 in ppr leagues .

So that's the number that matters most to me. Given the QB situation with the Broncos it would be hard to imagine him doing better than where he finshed last season .

Clinging to stats like that is bad. Where does he rank if he catches one more td or a few more passes? I looked, he would be top 6-7 total wr points with a couple more catches and a td, there is a ton of variance there. There is so little carryover from year to year its almost meaningless what happened. Go off of career reputation, opportunity, current situation and eye test. Follow catches and yards, tds come and go and are extremely flukey. He puts up a stellar 105 1300 and its one of his worst seasons. I am buying all day, especially at this discount.

He had one of his worst seasons and it was better than most guys best seasons. He can absolutely improve on it. The upside isnt exactly throught the roof with the qbs there, but the floor is still attractive.

I'm not going to rank Thomas in the top ten .

I don't see a top ten Wr based on the current Qb situation.

So I'm buying but I'm not buying him as a top ten Wr .

Not this season anyway.