Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

Bench AB?

Does anyone have the stones to bench AB against Ramsey this week? Ramsey has basically erased any receiver he's played, and I'm not sure Pitt really needs AB to beat Jacksonville.

I'm benching him....I'll prob get sh!t all over on Sunday but I tend to play matchups.

No. Look at who the jags played so far. This is Ben at home...Steelers are going to score a ton of points.

If you bench him you shouldn't have drafted him as a top 5

Maybe play Jeff Janis over him.

I hear the Jets have some Robby Someguy who's supposed to be okay. Probably turn out better than Brown.

I expected as much of a response. Prob not the smartest decision I've made, but I've got good alternatives and I'm doing it... unless I chicken out.

I expected as much of a response. Prob not the smartest decision I've made, but I've got good alternatives and I'm doing it... unless I chicken out.

Nobody told you to kill your self.....so it's not the worst question seen on this board.....but it's close. :)

Maybe trade him for Jason Richardson. I think if you throw in OBJ the other owner might do that trade.

Whatever your decision is, commit to it.

No.

Does anyone have the stones to bench AB against Ramsey this week? Ramsey has basically erased any receiver he's played, and I'm not sure Pitt really needs AB to beat Jacksonville.

I'm benching him....I'll prob get sh!t all over on Sunday but I tend to play matchups.

Fair question mate.....don't let these wiseguys discourage out of the box thinking and inquiring. After all, that is what we are for here, right?

To answer your question, especially because he has gone public crying about not getting targets, I think Ben will at least try to force feed 8 or more targets to him. I imagine he will go for 5-60 yards and no tds.

Martavious on the other hand will go for 4-125 and 2 tds.

He will see a ton of targets this weekend

Teams tend to feed their devas when they yell and stomp.

No don't bench him.

Fair question mate.....don't let these wiseguys discourage out of the box thinking and inquiring. After all, that is what we are for here, right?

To answer your question, especially because he has gone public crying about not getting targets, I think Ben will at least try to force feed 8 or more targets to him. I imagine he will go for 5-60 yards and no tds.

Martavious on the other hand will go for 4-125 and 2 tds.

I take no offense. I've been around here a good minute.

I do however think Ramsey is reason to think hard about this.

I take no offense. I've been around here a good minute.

I do however think Ramsey is reason to think hard about this.

Ok. Who would you start over him? Thats the big point. Did mention that? I may have missed it.

So here's how I look at it. The "floor" on AB is typically 5/50. The dude set the longest streak in NFL history for games of 5 catches for 50 yrds. Last week was an anomaly with 4/34 but he was targeted 9 times. For a high volume WR he has a pretty catch rate, so 4 of 9 is a bad day. I set my lineup basing it on the premise that he'll get 5/50 as his floor.

On the Jacksonville note, their defensive stats against the pass are way inflated, facing weak teams, teams that have run the ball down their throat, and having a distinct advantage on the London trip. Texans (before Watson), Titans, Ravens and Jets. The only decent offense there is Titans, who ran it down their throat. Passing defense for these guys is inflated, and I think Ben at home, an upset AB, the normal looking Bell and the rest of that offense is starting to come online.

So here's how I look at it. The "floor" on AB is typically 5/50. The dude set the longest streak in NFL history for games of 5 catches for 50 yrds. Last week was an anomaly with 4/34 but he was targeted 9 times. For a high volume WR he has a pretty catch rate, so 4 of 9 is a bad day. I set my lineup basing it on the premise that he'll get 5/50 as his floor.

On the Jacksonville note, their defensive stats against the pass are way inflated, facing weak teams, teams that have run the ball down their throat, and having a distinct advantage on the London trip. Texans (before Watson), Titans, Ravens and Jets. The only decent offense there is Titans, who ran it down their throat. Passing defense for these guys is inflated, and I think Ben at home, an upset AB, the normal looking Bell and the rest of that offense is starting to come online.

ok. but gatorguy asked the question. so who does he want to start over brown? seems you wouldnt start any possible wr3 which is fine.

ok. but gatorguy asked the question. so who does he want to start over brown? seems you wouldnt start any possible wr3 which is fine.

Those that have been around here a while know the motto...never bench your studs.

Those that have been around here a while know the motto...never bench your studs.

I like the fact that its always a topic as I havent seen definative proof that "always start your studs" is the way to go as a methodology to fantasy football success.

I would really be interested in 2 things:

1. Does starting your studs when there are adverse conditions to the player, more than often result in that player having a #1 tier result?

2. If you are just relying on a group concensus to say always play your studs, do you only do that based upon the fact that others are saying it or based upon some data?

"Those that have been around here for a while."

Worst argument ever. Everyone here disagrees with each other in a daily basis. How can they all be right? other than just liking FF?

I like the fact that its always a topic as I havent seen definative proof that "always start your studs" is the way to go as a methodology to fantasy football success.

I would really be interested in 2 things:

1. Does starting your studs when there are adverse conditions to the player, more than often result in that player having a #1 tier result?

2. If you are just relying on a group concensus to say always play your studs, do you only do that based upon the fact that others are saying it or based upon some data?

"Those that have been around here for a while." Worst argument ever. Everyone here disagrees with each other in a daily basis. How can they all be right? other than just liking FF?

It was sort of tongue-in-cheek. If we followed every piece of advice that the old graybeards around here spewed we'd all still be starting Stephen Davis...event to this day. All I know is that AB84's bad weeks are decent weeks for average WR's, and his good weeks are really good. I would rather have in my lineup on the bad day, than on my bench on the good one.

It was sort of tongue-in-cheek. If we followed every piece of advice that the old graybeards around here spewed we'd all still be starting Stephen Davis...event to this day. All I know is that AB84's bad weeks are decent weeks for average WR's, and his good weeks are really good. I would rather have in my lineup on the bad day, than on my bench on the good one.

I agree. I would not bench him this week unless it was a decision between him and mike evans.

while there are times where you might want to bench a stud (denver run defense is shutting down studs), i would not sit AB

Dez, Baldwin, Diggs

Diggs should be in your lineup along side of Brown. They are 1-2 in my league at this point. I wouldn't start the other 2 over Brown ever.

That being said, I am rooting hard against Diggs this week as I have to play against him.

as the son of a water cooler, i'm benching him on principle

Why do these freaks always want to take out the water coolers? At least odell picked on something that would fight back. A kicking net. Now he is a man who doesnt pick on the weaker sideline objects.