Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Mitchell Trubisky

All the haters watching? I admit that I freaked a little, but I think his mistakes were more because of his coach. They need to keep giving him options downfield. Great to see him succeed in this game.

Guy in my league does, thankfully not against me. Tampa stinks so I wouldn't be too excited

I admit that I freaked a little, but I think his mistakes were more because of his coach.

I think if we rewound the tape, we'd see that you were laying it on him for being flustered or indecisive or whatever. And it's this coach that's put him in this position to be shooting the lights out today.

I think if we rewound the tape, we'd see that you were laying it on him for being flustered or indecisive or whatever. And it's this coach that's put him in this position to be shooting the lights out today.

Oh yeah. He made mistakes and I dont mean to take them back, but people thought he was a bust. The coach does need to put him in a position to make the plays, but he can also hold him back, which is what happened the first two weeks.

Youre amazing man. Its like you never make the wrong decision.

I make them all the time. I sat Robert Woods for Antonio Callaway. I was going with a gut instinct and was wrong. I also sat Gabriel for Mccoy. I drafted Fournette 5th overall over Gordon and Kamara. That one really stings

How many geniuses on this board have Tribs & Goff going for them in 2Qb leagues?

I do but only because Alex Smith on bye and Bortles stunk it up last week. Wasnt starting Trubisky with any kind of confidence.

My Tar Heel boy is for real!

i don't want to chase points...but man, that's a LOT of points. :shocking:

Mitch Trubisky has 15 career TD's in 16 games... 6 of those TD's came yesterday. That should tell you more about Tampa's defense than Mitch Trubisky.

• Like 1

Mitch Trubisky has 15 career TD's in 16 games... 6 of those TD's came yesterday. That should tell you more about Tampa's defense than Mitch Trubisky.

He's a 2nd yr QB. It's not unheard of for those to make the leap.

TB gave up 7 total passing TDs through the 3 games prior to this one. And that included Rothlisberger and Brees. Trubisky nearly matched that in 1 game. I'm not saying their defense is all that good, but have you seen some of the scores this week?

Rams give up 31

Vikings give up 38

Bengals 36

Falcons 37

Texans 34

Colts 37

Dolphins 38

Jets 31

Browns 45

Raiders 42

Giants 33

49ers 29

Chargers 27

Oh, and the Bears? 10 :)

This is the state of the league.

Sure and maybe that's what happens, but I think his point is the only good game he's had was yesterday against a near-historically bad pass defense.

Sure and maybe that's what happens, but I think his point is the only good game he's had was yesterday against a near-historically bad pass defense.

The guy is taking steps forward. He made only one bad decision the whole game. That's what the Bears coaching staff is looking for out of him. He was probably the least experienced QB coming out of college ever. He had a terrible coach last year and is learning a completely new system this year.

Sure, he has to show he can keep it up, but what is the point of crawling out of the woodwork after he has a tremendous game and saying it's not because of him that the Bears did well. Last I checked, Tampa came into this game 2-1.

Go Bears!

If the Bears D keeps up what they are doing, they won't even need mitchy to be great just efficient, which he hasn't been until yesterday

I just watched the highlights of Trubisky in the NFL app. Holy shlt, this dude has some unreal talent. He isn't perfect yet for a whole game, but damn did his TD passes look perfect. I was feeling down about going after him instead of Mahomes in dynasty. Remember when all those bad training camp reports were hitting on Trubs and Mahomes???

He's a 2nd yr QB. It's not unheard of for those to make the leap.

I'll agree with you if you can name 1 other QB in NFL history who had a 16 game stretch where 40% of his total TD count came in one of those 16 games.

I see alot of Rick Mirer in him.

But that's just my own personal opinion.

For young QBs in a new sytem it's not about the TDs right off the bat. Even his coach said that. It's about them getting comfortable and learning the system so they can then use their talents to execute once they are up to speed.

Elway in his first 11 games 7 TDs and 14 INTs

Steve Young in his first 19 games had 11 TDs and 21 INTs

Drew Brees in his first 16 games had 17 TDs and 16 INTs

Brees' 2nd year he had 11TDs and 15 INTs in 11 games.

Brees in his 3rd year he jumped to 27 and 7 and never looked back.

These are all bad numbers from some pretty good QBs at he start of their careers.

And you make it sound like since Trubisky got 6 TDs in one game that it's a bad thing.

He did what you want a young QB to do and flash some of what his skills are at times.

Trubisky has the least experience coming out of college at the QB position than just about any QB drafted any year. The Bears new this and are willing to take their time with him.

• Like 1

Trubisky is like the bronze medal at the Olympics. It's nice but not anywhere as good as silver and gold.

Trubisky is like the bronze medal at the Olympics. It's nice but not anywhere as good as silver and gold.

Until Trubisky becomes consistent and owns the NFC North for a decade.

As a Bears fan you wouldn't trade him for mahomes or Watson? Bears D will be a much bigger factor than mitchy will.

For young QBs in a new sytem it's not about the TDs right off the bat. Even his coach said that. It's about them getting comfortable and learning the system so they can then use their talents to execute once they are up to speed.

Elway in his first 11 games 7 TDs and 14 INTs

Steve Young in his first 19 games had 11 TDs and 21 INTs

Drew Brees in his first 16 games had 17 TDs and 16 INTs

Brees' 2nd year he had 11TDs and 15 INTs in 11 games.

Brees in his 3rd year he jumped to 27 and 7 and never looked back.

These are all bad numbers from some pretty good QBs at he start of their careers.

And you make it sound like since Trubisky got 6 TDs in one game that it's a bad thing.

He did what you want a young QB to do and flash some of what his skills are at times.

Trubisky has the least experience coming out of college at the QB position than just about any QB drafted any year. The Bears new this and are willing to take their time with him.

If you're responding to me, you've clearly missed my point. My point wasn't that Trubisky is a bust or a bum who got lucky. My point was that his 6 TD game was more of an indictment of Tampa's terrible pass defense (that you know, ranked 32nd in the NFL before that game even started), than it was on Trubisky's progression as a QB. Also, to address your earlier comment, the only reason the Bucs gave up "only" 7 passing TD's in the first 3 games, was because they gave up 4 rushing TD's as well. Teams who are ranked 32nd in points against find many ways to give up points... not just in through the air.

As a Bears fan you wouldn't trade him for mahomes or Watson? Bears D will be a much bigger factor than mitchy will.

Here is a list of all the QB's taken in the first 2 rounds since the 2015 draft. If I had to rank them, I think I'd have Trubisky rated higher than the guys I've emboldened.

Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Josh Rosen
Lamar Jackson
Patrick Mahomes
Deshaun Watson
DeShone Kizer
Jared Goff
Carson Wentz
Paxton Lynch
Christian Hackenberg
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota

That doesn't mean my mind couldn't be changed. Just how I see them currently.

It's more fitting to compare him to his own draft class, I reckon

The guy wasn't supposed to play last year but was thrown in because Glennon is trash. He had the worst offensive coaching staff as well as garbage for talent around him. His number one WR last year is out of the league this year. He had no chance for success last season. He has all new coaches and talent around him this year but is still extremely inexperienced and we all know time is the only thing that will change that. Hes shown good things and bad things, like all young QBs do. He has 18 total td's and 10 picks. His numbers mirror Goff's at the same time of career, and Goff went through the same crap with terrible coaching his first year. Give it time.

That doesn't mean my mind couldn't be changed. Just how I see them currently.

Obviously you think he is one the worst QBs taken in the last 3 years. If that's your take, the that's your take. But at this point to say your mind could be changed, well, that's a bit obvious. I mean, if he comes on and becomes a top 5 QB over the next year or two, then what else could be said?

I really like him, but also think he just needs to keep on learning and improving things. I think he'll be a very good QB. However, this Tampa Bay game....I honestly have never seen a worse defense in my life. They seemed lost in the secondary trying to cover and Mitch had all day to throw. So...I take the game with a grain of salt but hope it provides him some confidence going forward.