Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Back from a long weekend

Client bothered me all weekend about product selection. Finally had to turn the phone on airplane mode.

Swimmers ear in my left ear from being in the lake.

Phone starts lighting up at 7am Client is in a panic due to underlying concrete moisture issues in his building.

Get to the showroom early to find a delivery truck awaiting me. No lift gate, so I had to off load two pallets of tile by hand. Meanwhile, the phone is still ringing.

Finally get the installers out the door and on the way to their projects. The phone is still ringing.

Get a text from a friend trying to give me 4 tix to the 2:20 Cubs game today. Had to turn them down. Too crazy here. FOCK!

Go home for lunch and walk the dog. Set my keys and phone on the counter, make lunch for me and my sons, walk the dog, come back discover we've locked ourselves out. No spare key around.

Search the garage in vain for a spare key to any door. No luck.

My oldest says his bedroom window might be open. Get the extension ladder out, climb up, no luck.

Last ditch effort, take the screen off a master bedroom window to see if it the window might be unlocked. Bingo!. Lift my son thru the window, and he unlocks the door.

Back to work now.

Sometimes taking time off doesn't seem worth it.

Couldn't you just knock on the door and have your mom open it? :dunno:

• Like 2