Sign in to follow this  
thesitedoc

Any updates on Gio

Giovani Bernard (hip, shoulder) is inactive for Week 11 against the Saints.

Jeremy Hill will start and play all three downs against the Saints. Game flow is a worry, but Hill is a legitimate RB1 for Week 11. If there's good news for Bernard owners, it's that he reportedly looked good in pre-game warmups Sunday. There's a good chance he's finally back for Week 12.

He was warming up today with the WRs so people are optimistic about next week.

Unless you own Hill or both like do. It is going to be hard to trust either.

No

explain? Not saying he stole the job but if you think Gio coming off an injury is just going to walk into a 70/30 timeshare then you are crazy...its a 50/50 from here on out

No

So funny to watch Gio owners squirm...

If the Bengals brass are smart... Hill should be getting 60-70 percent of the carries with Gio getting the rest and in on most passing downs.

They are a better off with hill as the bell cow both for their team and Gio's health!

• Like 1

the Lions did it perfectly last year with Reggie and Bell

was just about a 55/45 split, and Reggie still wound up being only one of four players with a thousand yards rushing and five hundred yards receiving.

no damn good reason the Bungles can't do similar, and have Gio thrive in that 'Reggie' role.

So funny to watch Gio owners squirm...

If the Bengals brass are smart... Hill should be getting 60-70 percent of the carries with Gio getting the rest and in on most passing downs.

They are a better off with hill as the bell cow both for their team and Gio's health!

So funny to watch J Hill owners over react.

It is going to be a split depending on game flow, 60/40 seems logical

explain? Not saying he stole the job but if you think Gio coming off an injury is just going to walk into a 70/30 timeshare then you are crazy...its a 50/50 from here on out

I tend to agree. Hill has rushed for 370 yards in the last three games, so clearly he isn't going away.

And having said that , I do agree with Newposterguy that there can still be value in both guys in that role.

Here's the deal...

I own both Gio and Hill. From a fantasy perspective, having Gio out is the best possible scenario because it create a clear-cut workhorse RB in Hill. But lets be realistic. Last season, Gio was clearly the better runner over BJGE, however Lewis did not change their usage one bit. We have a similar situation this season, and there has been ZERO indication from the Bengals staff that there will be a change in rotation at all. Not now, and not before. Yet, obvious Hill-only owners like spreading news and misinformation based on their armchair analysis of the Bengals running game. As of right now, Gio comes back in and regains the starting role. Will Hill see more carries? Maybe, but that is dictated by the flow of the game. What we do know is that Gio is the #1 option.

The poster I responded to said "Gio lost his job", which is ridiculous and wrong based on what actual real news is out from the Bengals right now.

Hype kills this forum as a reliable fantasy resource because everyone is stuck on hying their player without actually paying attention to reality. When has Marvin Lewis changed his RB rotation in the past based on performance? This is the type of analysis we should be looking at, not "Hill won me my week, so he's the new starter" bullshit.

As a non-Gio owner who has Hill, I'm not delusional about Hill's role. I think it may increase some, but most likely this limits the value of both RBs going forward.

Week 12: Hill probably gets 65-70% of the touches compared to Gio with 30-35%. Just to work him back in.

After week 12 (assuming healthy still): I see it almost 50/50 with a 10% swing going to the hot hand. So 60/40 in either direction some weeks.

Yes... He just lost his job to hill

you and others like you are the reason this forum sucks these days

as far has hill/gio, we are just going to have to wait and see. we don't even know how healthy gio is yet, he could very well be eased back in on a limited snap count.

and for all the snap distribution estimations....really guys? not even taking into consideration the fact there have been no real updates on his injury status, coaches are going to play the guys hoy they want to regardless of what you think is "logical" re: fantasy football. like the rare helpful poster added above, the bengals stuck with the law firm all season. and there have been countless examples over the last 5 years of backfield changing, not changing, being unpredictable, playing the young guys, playing the old guy etc.

so throw under informed snap split predictions out there if you want too, but they are worthless unless one of you guys is secretely marvin lewis. lets just wait for the week of practice and discuss actual info

• Like 1

you and others like you are the reason this forum sucks these days

as far has hill/gio, we are just going to have to wait and see. we don't even know how healthy gio is yet, he could very well be eased back in on a limited snap count.

and for all the snap distribution estimations....really guys? not even taking into consideration the fact there have been no real updates on his injury status, coaches are going to play the guys hoy they want to regardless of what you think is "logical" re: fantasy football. like the rare helpful poster added above, the bengals stuck with the law firm all season. and there have been countless examples over the last 5 years of backfield changing, not changing, being unpredictable, playing the young guys, playing the old guy etc.

so throw under informed snap split predictions out there if you want too, but they are worthless unless one of you guys is secretely marvin lewis. lets just wait for the week of practice and discuss actual info

Have you ever heard of sarcasm there chief?

Posters like you are the reason why most forums are boring...

Had you read my follow up post you would have known I wasn't completely serious... Although I do believe Hill should carry the load and be the anchor of of 60/40 split...

own both backs...will probably consider starting them both going forward. my other backs are Mason and Mathews. matchup dependent I suppose but hill and gio should have flex value in the least.

Here's the deal...

I own both Gio and Hill. From a fantasy perspective, having Gio out is the best possible scenario because it create a clear-cut workhorse RB in Hill. But lets be realistic. Last season, Gio was clearly the better runner over BJGE, however Lewis did not change their usage one bit. We have a similar situation this season, and there has been ZERO indication from the Bengals staff that there will be a change in rotation at all. Not now, and not before. Yet, obvious Hill-only owners like spreading news and misinformation based on their armchair analysis of the Bengals running game. As of right now, Gio comes back in and regains the starting role. Will Hill see more carries? Maybe, but that is dictated by the flow of the game. What we do know is that Gio is the #1 option.

The poster I responded to said "Gio lost his job", which is ridiculous and wrong based on what actual real news is out from the Bengals right now.

Hype kills this forum as a reliable fantasy resource because everyone is stuck on hying their player without actually paying attention to reality. When has Marvin Lewis changed his RB rotation in the past based on performance? This is the type of analysis we should be looking at, not "Hill won me my week, so he's the new starter" bullshit.

Yes, except for the fact that Lewis doesn't call the plays and there is a new offensive coordinator this year.

And then there is how he has performed when given the chance and the praise that the head coach has given him.... Calling him a complete player speaks volume about usage going forward. But, again that is up to the offensive coordinator.

I don't think anyone expects Hill to dominate 90% of the snaps or for Gio to never see the field. That is just stupid.

However, saying he "lost his job" may not be that far fetched if he was referring to who gets the majority of carries.

In most time shares, the bigger more powerful back usually gets early down work and the more nimble, better pass catcher gets 3rd down work. You could very well be seeing that transition and I don't think it is "ridiculous" or out of the realm of possible by any means.

Have you ever heard of sarcasm there chief?

Posters like you are the reason why most forums are boring...

Had you read my follow up post you would have known I wasn't completely serious... Although I do believe Hill should carry the load and be the anchor of of 60/40 split...

its the internet, if your gonna make a sarcastic comment make a funny one. i'm here to talk about fantasy football, not opine or entertain.

and i do believe marvin lewis does not give a ###### about who you believe should carry the load.

i'm a hill fan

Yes, except for the fact that Lewis doesn't call the plays and there is a new offensive coordinator this year.

And then there is how he has performed when given the chance and the praise that the head coach has given him.... Calling him a complete player speaks volume about usage going forward. But, again that is up to the offensive coordinator.

I don't think anyone expects Hill to dominate 90% of the snaps or for Gio to never see the field. That is just stupid.

However, saying he "lost his job" may not be that far fetched if he was referring to who gets the majority of carries.

In most time shares, the bigger more powerful back usually gets early down work and the more nimble, better pass catcher gets 3rd down work. You could very well be seeing that transition and I don't think it is "ridiculous" or out of the realm of possible by any means.

considering they drafted both guys early in consecutive years, you'd have to think they have a plan. looks like a cut and dry early down/receiving back split. the guy that can pass block will be the "starter"

i think the two back system works in the nfl and that one, or both these guys will have RB2/flex value.

lets wait until practice before we start predicting anything on sunday though

its the internet, if your gonna make a sarcastic comment make a funny one. i'm here to talk about fantasy football, not opine or entertain.

and i do believe marvin lewis does not give a ###### about who you believe should carry the load.

i'm a hill fan

Hey captain obvious... I know lewis doesn't even know I exist...

Dude get out of the dark side...

I thought this forum was about opinions...

My opinion is Hill should be the main ball carrier on about a 60/40 split... As a matter of fact I'm going to email Marv right now and tell him that...

You are such a d***!

Obviously Bernard is the more explosive back, and the injury was a tough break as he was almost at his 2013 numbers. But damn if Hill doesn't bring on those Rudi Johnson flashbacks. I think (Hill) will probably take the role the Law firm had last year. He's had heavy work the last few weeks and hasn't gotten Dalton killed with his pass blocking either.

Obviously Bernard is the more explosive back, and the injury was a tough break as he was almost at his 2013 numbers. But damn if Hill doesn't bring on those Rudi Johnson flashbacks. I think (Hill) will probably take the role the Law firm had last year. He's had heavy work the last few weeks and hasn't gotten Dalton killed with his pass blocking either.

I'm not sure what "explosive" means, maybe break away speed? Either way Hill is averaging 4.9 yards/carry and Gio averages 4.1

Here's the deal...

this guy gets it...forarm is garbage with these types of analysis based in zero logic and 100% anxiety about people's own rosters...

• Like 1

I'm not sure what "explosive" means, maybe break away speed? Either way Hill is averaging 4.9 yards/carry and Gio averages 4.1

Yeah that's exactly what I meant, though in all honesty Hill looks pretty damn quick for a big man.

Some of you are acting like women.

NO ONE FOCKING KNOWS!!!

We get a glimpse in week 12. A better understanding in week 13. Good luck guessing.

Some of you are acting like women.

NO ONE FOCKING KNOWS!!!

We get a glimpse in week 12. A better understanding in week 13. Good luck guessing.

this

although depending on gio's health, we could get updates from the team or local beat writers depending on how much he practices.

also, for all you focktards that want to argue each others useless opinions, i think hill will get 72.21 percent of the load with gio getting the remaining 27.79 percent, mainly screens and pitches. discuss i guess?

this guy gets it...forarm is garbage with these types of analysis based in zero logic and 100% anxiety about people's own rosters...

Apparently you can't make any tongue in cheek comments... I didn't realize we only could state facts here and opinions are 100% looked down upon.

Much like Roger G and the NFL (no fun league)... You want this to become the NFF (no fun forum)...

But if you want facts... Gio doesn't appear to be able to stand up to the rigors of being a full time back in that offense.... That is a fact! Hill has played pretty damn well in his place and actually is the better every down runner... Period and fact! Gio is more explosive and better in space than Hill although Jeremy has more runs of 20 yds plus including 2 over 60 yds in less carries... fact! Bernard's a good player who should see the field a ton and probably will reclaim his starting role when healthy. I do think Hill has certainly claimed a good percentage of the workload based on his performance and durability in handling the between the tackles runs.... Fact! It would serve the Bengals better to split the workload for 2 reasons: Hill brings a dimension and skill set that Gio doesn't and having Gio healthy the rest of the year is better for the team which means lessening his workload to assure that.... Fact!

Apparently you can't make any tongue in cheek comments... I didn't realize we only could state facts here and opinions are 100% looked down upon.

Much like Roger G and the NFL (no fun league)... You want this to become the NFF (no fun forum)...

But if you want facts... Gio doesn't appear to be able to stand up to the rigors of being a full time back in that offense.... That is a fact! Hill has played pretty damn well in his place and actually is the better every down runner... Period and fact! Gio is more explosive and better in space than Hill although Jeremy has more runs of 20 yds plus including 2 over 60 yds in less carries... fact! Bernard's a good player who should see the field a ton and probably will reclaim his starting role when healthy. I do think Hill has certainly claimed a good percentage of the workload based on his performance and durability in handling the between the tackles runs.... Fact! It would serve the Bengals better to split the workload for 2 reasons: Hill brings a dimension and skill set that Gio doesn't and having Gio healthy the rest of the year is better for the team which means lessening his workload to assure that.... Fact!

don't get your panties in a bunch guy, wasn't directing anything at you specifically. Just a general statement. Sure FF in general is about predicting, and these forearms and such are an extension of that, but when 1/2 the board is littered with innane arguments about 'my player() is better(bigger) than yours' with very little supporting logic, it gets tiresome. Has nothing to do with fun. Dudes spending the better part of 12 hours a day for 3-5 days just rehashing the same points over and over and over again on a specific topic, despite the fact that they all know full well that the answer will only be revealed when they play the games on sunday, it's insanity. Literally the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results. You lay out some good points here sure, but a) that doesn't mean about what the team will do in terms of touches, and B) 80% of the other people in these threads rarely lay any logic out. Then teh same people, in teh 2nd quarter of a game on sunday will start threads asking, 'Is Demarius Thomas even playing?!?' BORING...

So by all means, claim Hill has stole the job, claim you know when Tate and Blount will end up, claim you know based on your paralegal credentials that AP will be playing next week, claim whatever the you want. Your time, waste it as you deem necessary...

My apologies for getting you upset...

• Like 1

What can be gleaned is the fact Marvin Lewis has gotten glassy eyed with Jeremy Hill's performance when handed the mail. I swear I'm getting flashbacks of Rudi Johnson in that Bengals uniform, and maybe the coach is seeing it too.

New roles may emerge, not that Bernard deserves to lose his gig. But Hill's performance in a power back, workhorse role has impressed his coach.

don't get your panties in a bunch guy, wasn't directing anything at you specifically. Just a general statement. Sure FF in general is about predicting, and these forearms and such are an extension of that, but when 1/2 the board is littered with innane arguments about 'my player(######) is better(bigger) than yours' with very little supporting logic, it gets tiresome. Has nothing to do with fun. Dudes spending the better part of 12 hours a day for 3-5 days just rehashing the same points over and over and over again on a specific topic, despite the fact that they all know full well that the answer will only be revealed when they play the games on sunday, it's insanity. Literally the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results. You lay out some good points here sure, but a) that doesn't mean ###### about what the team will do in terms of touches, and B) 80% of the other people in these threads rarely lay any logic out. Then teh same people, in teh 2nd quarter of a game on sunday will start threads asking, 'Is Demarius Thomas even playing?!?' BORING...

So by all means, claim Hill has stole the job, claim you know when Tate and Blount will end up, claim you know based on your paralegal credentials that AP will be playing next week, claim whatever the ###### you want. Your time, waste it as you deem necessary...

My apologies for getting you upset...

Dude... I think it's your panties in a bunch...

Totally not upset... You are the one that needs to chill!

Man... You and that other dude going off half cocked because I said said Gio lost his job is ridiculous... The craziness of it all!!!

My only concern is do I play them both or pick one and ride out FLEX with Lamar.....I'm pretty stoked to tinker with my lineup too much and cost myself a W.

Explosive as in diarrhea, or explosive as in dynamite? :unsure:

I ask because I believe that Hill's running stats (ypc) are better than Gio's.

i bet he ends up a GTD even if he practices. latest roto update says he's likely "eased" in against the Texans. i'm definitely starting Hill. question will be if i choose to flex gio if he's active sunday.