Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

Spermoff:Thanksgiving choices,you get 4

To go with the turkey you can only have 2 sides and 1 dessert plus you get to pick an NFL game(based on this season),what are they?

Mama nzoner's homemade stuffing,yams with marshmallows,peach cobbler and although I'm a Chiefs fan I'd like to see Brady vs. Palmer

Stovetop stuffing from a box because every homemade is disgusting nomatter what anyone says or how they make it. Mashed potatoes. Pumpkin pie. Whatever shiite game is playing is fine.

Stovetop stuffing from a box because every homemade is disgusting nomatter what anyone says or how they make it.

From a box? :thumbsdown:

From a box? :thumbsdown:

Yea, stovetop, the brand. Always good, perfect stuffing. Everyones Grandmas nasty stuffing with cranberries and whole chunks of gross stuff just doesnt taste the same.

Yea, stovetop, the brand. Always good, perfect stuffing. Everyones Grandmas nasty stuffing with cranberries and whole chunks of gross stuff just doesnt taste the same.

Mama nzoner's has no fruit or nothing gross like that,just bread,onions,celery,chicken broth and seasoning.

• Like 1

Mama nzoner's has no fruit or nothing gross like that,just bread,onions,celery,chicken broth and seasoning.

It wont have the right mouth feel. Theres always something off about it and im always saying I wish i just had stovetop.

Pops makes the stuffing with the gizzards and it's fantastic, problem is he stuffs the bird with it, which in turn dries out the bird.

Stuffing, mashed taters, choco creme pie

chocolate cream pie

:thumbsup: The mrs makes a chocolate cream pie with the chocolate graham cracker crust then cool whips the top and adds chocolate sprinkles,fock I can't wait till next Thursday.

One of the few times of the year she cooks :(

Mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, your mom and my Bills throttling the Pats by 40. Pipe dream but whatever :banana:

Pops makes the stuffing with the gizzards and it's fantastic, problem is he stuffs the bird with it, which in turn dries out the bird.

Stuffing, mashed taters, choco creme pie

Ugh this is the worst offender. Nasty slimy stuffing, makes me gag thinking about it. Really guys im just ready to tell you thanksgiving dinner is overrated. Its never that great of a meal.

Now that choc creme pie, thats some good stuff.

Cream peas

Scalloped potatoes

Pumpkin pie

Panthers v. Cowboys - as is scheduled. Romo and co. knock the Panth from the ranks of the unbeaten.

Really guys im just ready to tell you thanksgiving dinner is overrated. Its never that great of a meal.

That's too bad we have an incredible meal,hell my Aunt even makes homemade dinner rolls from scratch.

That's too bad we have an incredible meal,hell my Aunt even makes homemade dinner rolls from scratch.

Ill bet they are amazing. Nothing better than a homemade dinner roll with butter.

Oh bonus tip. Green bea casserole is ok, but theres a variation that is far better. Jalapeno cream cheese green bean casserole. Its the creamiest, gooiest spiciest most delicious varation possible. You will swear off regular with the disgusting cream of whatever soup forever. Just add cream cheese and diced jalapenos. Superb.

My moms homemade stuffing she bakes in the turkey, garlic cajun mashed potatoes w/brown turkey gravy. I don't eat sweets so apple moonshine. And a Saints/Cowboys afternoon game.

Apple/raisin stuffing, green beans, chocolate cream pie. I prefer it not to be the Patriots game on TV, so give me a Green Bay game.

Agreed on the food if you mean green bean casserole with the onion strips. And lots of gravy for the turkey and stuffing. Also my wife has a homemade cranberry sauce recipe which is really good.

Football, hmm, I'd almost rather crappy games because they are just kinda "background music " on thanksgiving. I do like the tradition of the Lions and Cowboys playing every year.

Can my turkey be a turducken instead? Give me that, collards, stuffing with giblet gravy and for dessert some type of Apple dessert. Apple crisp, cobbler, pie with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. For the game, I'd like the cowboys vs redskins to be on.

Sage dressing / stuffing

Cranberry sauce

Eagles - Lions

Apple pie

Green bean casserole

Canned yams with marshmallow topping

Lemon merengue pie

Lions vs. Bears

Mashed potatoes w gravy

The other side is irrelevant, as I'm filling my plate with Turkey and mashed taters.

Pumpkin pie

Giants/Patriots - win, lose or draw, these two give us epic games every single time!

i assume gravy is free here.

mashed potatoes

green bean casserolle

anything but pumpikin pie

my stuffing

my cranberries

white russian pie or berry crumble

bears @ packers

white russian pie

That sounds potentially :wub:

My sister-in-law makes this dish with different types of cheeses and hash browns. Some of the cheese is smokey which makes the dish rich, smooth and savory...ultimate comfort food.

The roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon that I posted about last year in the resurrected BEG Thanksgiving plans thread.

Some kind of seasonal, just not pumpkin, cheesecake. Nothing against pumpkin, just seems to compete against/deaden, not compliment, a cheesecake's base flavor.

The scrappiest teams in the NHL.

That sounds potentially :wub:

My sister-in-law makes this dish with different types of cheeses and hash browns. Some of the cheese is smokey which makes the dish rich, smooth and savory...ultimate comfort food.

The roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon that I posted about last year in the resurrected BEG Thanksgiving plans thread.

Some kind of seasonal, just not pumpkin, cheesecake. Nothing against pumpkin, just seems to compete against/deaden, not compliment, a cheesecake's base flavor.

The scrappiest teams in the NHL.

the recipes are in that thread. i also do brussel sprout- shocked, then pan seared with bacon and caramelized apples and onions with a sherry vinaigrette.

Ham with a little bit of gravy, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie.. Green Bay vs Bears of course.

Ugh this is the worst offender. Nasty slimy stuffing, makes me gag thinking about it. Really guys im just ready to tell you thanksgiving dinner is overrated. Its never that great of a meal.

No the stuffing is amazing, but it is elevated by what brings down the turkey meat. Zero sum game

Mashed Potatoes ( tons of gravy )

Brown & Serve Rolls ( tons of butter )

Pumpkin Pie ( tons of Whipped Cream )

Tons of Cowboy Gravy over the Panthers!!! :headbanger:

Smoked ham (over apple wood)

Roasted turkey (15lbs)

Deep fried turkey (12lbs)

2 pumpkin pies

1 dutch apple pie

1 coconut cream pie

Sausage stuffing

Mashed potatoes w/ giblet gravy

Roasted stuffed mushrooms

(All handmade by yours truly)

2 bottles of champagne

1 bottle white zen

1 bottle of merlot

Grandma's Oyster Stuffing

Twice Baked Potatoes

Grandma's Peach Cobbler with Bryer's Vanilla Ice Cream

Vikings vs Packers

Toss in a BJ afterwards and you could pretty much just shoot me after and I'd be OK with that.

Grandma's Oyster Stuffing

Twice Baked Potatoes

Grandma's Peach Cobbler with Bryer's Vanilla Ice Cream

Vikings vs Packers

Toss in a BJ afterwards and you could pretty much just shoot me after and I'd be OK with that.

Oyster stuffing. Thought my family was the only one who did that. God that is some good stuff. That and oyster pie

Last year my MIL decided to make Lasagna for TGiving since she felt like some people didn't like turkey. She will never it down.

4 items is not enough, but if that's all I get, then give me turkey with basic, traditional, homemade stuffing and cranberry sauce.

Pumpkin pie with a generous helping of whipped cream.

Cowboys on tv.

To make it complete, I gotta have some of the traditional stuff we do as well.

Appetizers: Fried shrimp, various cheeses and crackers, 3-4 different types of olives, roasted pecans and almonds

Sides: Mashed potatoes. Baked sweet potato with a little butter and pepper, (Candied yams are focking stupid. It's already sweet. Why heap gobs of syrup and marshmallows on top of it?) Spinach salad with warm bacon dressing.

Desserts: Pound cake with strawberries, blackberry cobbler, bread pudding with rum sauce.

This stuff can't all be consumed as one meal. It can even be eaten in a day. It's there on T-Giving day and still around for the house for the weekend to sample and enjoy.

On Monday, I'll be sick of looking at it and won't want any of it for another year. We'll be at the local Asian (con)Fusion restaurant that night.

Dressing (have to agree with tanatastic, slimy stuffing is the worst)

Old school green bean casserole

Fresh baked bread

And for dessert…

Pecan pie

Turkey & noodles, cranberries, mashed potatoes and gravy, Mom's coffee cake - nap.

Everything sounds great. But the reality of it is we are getting the Lions. When will the NFL just stop it?

Worst tradition ever.

Tons of Cowboy Gravy over the Panthers!!! :headbanger:

Phag

Smoked ham (over apple wood)

Roasted turkey (15lbs)

Deep fried turkey (12lbs)

2 pumpkin pies

1 dutch apple pie

1 coconut cream pie

Sausage stuffing

Mashed potatoes w/ giblet gravy

Roasted stuffed mushrooms

(All handmade by yours truly)

2 bottles of champagne

1 bottle white zen

1 bottle of merlot

Always somebody who can't count.

Dressing (have to agree with tanatastic, slimy stuffing is the worst)

Old school green bean casserole

Fresh baked bread

And for dessert…

Pecan pie

Hallmark Christmas Movie Marathon too? :)