Sign in to follow this  
edjr

El Pres from Barstool sports - Gets okay to play Shinnecock - Unlimited mulligans

https://twitter.com/RiggsBarstool/status/997967079369256960?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FRiggsBarstool%2Fstatus%2F997967079369256960

Says he will shoot 4 under :lol:

gets 5 hours and 15 minutes

So Riggs and I got in a huge debate a couple weeks ago on Barstool Radio. The question at hand was whether I could win the US Open with unlimited mulligans. For me the answer was a no brainer. Of course I would. That’s not even me bragging. That’s just me knowing what I’m capable of and knowing what unlimited mulligans actually means. I’d 100% birdie every par 3 and then par everything else. That’s -4 a day. Riggs projects the winner at Shinnecock this year will shoot -4 for the entire tournament. The ENTIRE TOURNAMENT. That means I’ll win by roughly 12 strokes. Easy peasy

Riggs countered my argument with a bunch of mumbo jumbo that made no sense. His main arguments seem to be that if I was in the leading group after Friday I’d run out of daylight on Saturday and Sunday because I’d tee off late in the afternoon. He also claims that there are certain holes that it doesn’t matter how many strokes I get I just don’t have the shots needed in my bag because I stink. Listen I agree that time could be a factor the last 2 days of the tournament, but I still have 12 shots to work with. I could mix in a few bogeys and still win in a landslide. So the debate raged on.

Well apparently the good folks at the USGA caught wind of our argument and have generously offered to let me play Shinnecock on Monday with unlimited mulligans. Okay great. I’ll finally get to shut Riggs up and prove I’m always right when it comes to these hypothetical sports debates. But then I noticed the part whether the USGA said I only get 5 hours to play. Wait what? Umm that’s not unlimited mulligans. That’s how long I should get on the weekend when I’ve already built an insurmountable lead. When I said I’d win with unlimited mulligans I assumed that for the first 2 rounds I’d play from dawn to dusk to achieve my perfect score of -4 per day. And yes I know people think I’ll get blisters. Well when you’ve built an empire delivering newspapers brick by brick with your bare hands you don’t have time for blisters.

To be honest I feel like lots of lesser men would have immediately withdrawn from this tournament knowing the deck was stacked against them. That I was walking into a bear trap. But I’m not most men. I will not run from a challenge. I will not be intimidated by wildly unfair rules. I will walk into Shinnecock with an army of golf balls and ready to shoot rapid fire mulligans and prove once and for all that Team Portnoy always says what it does and does what it says. You won’t hear any excuses from me if I fail about how unfair this competition is even though it’s wildly unfair because I won’t let the unfairness beat me. And that’s what being the Us Open Champ* is all about

*with mulligans

Wouldn't you birdie every hole with unlimited mulligans? Even though it would take you about 3 months

Wouldn't you birdie every hole with unlimited mulligans? Even though it would take you about 3 months

if I could take a cart, yes. But he's horrible.watch the video

Gonna assume he means just off the tee, no?

I am guessing it's every shot. Unlimited putts. Sort of a ridiculous stunt.

No.

2018 US Open - DRAFT

Cruzer:.....Dave Portnoy

Nuggs:

Pat:
LOD:
KSB:
WW:
CBF:
Ed:
Dain:
Fumble:
kanil:

2018 US Open - DRAFT

Nuggs:

Pat:

LOD:

KSB:

WW:

CBF:

Ed:

Dain:

Fumble:

kanil:

2018 Edex USOpen Final scores

Nuggs:

Pat:

LOD:

KSB:

WW:

CBF:

Ed:

Dain:

Fumble:

kanil:

cruzer - MC

2018 Edex USOpen Final scores

Nuggs:

Pat:

LOD:

KSB:.

WW:

CBF:

Ed:

Dain:

Fumble:

kanil:

cruzer - MC

:lol:

:wall:

I just watch 30 seconds of it. It's even sadder than you would you would think it would be. The guy can't play for crap.

2018 US Open - DRAFT

Nuggs:

Pat:

LOD:

KSB: Eldrick Woods

WW:

CBF:

Ed:

Dain:

Fumble:

kanil:

Fixed :banana:

No way I'm the only one thinking this: What the fock is a mulligan?

A re-do

:o

I don't know anything about golf. :(

you should take a mulligan

Its a golf term but people use it outside of golf too. I think there is a good chance you might be the only one thinking that. You must be young.

Its a golf term but people use it outside of golf too. I think there is a good chance you might be the only one thinking that. You must be young.

:thumbsup:

I think (some) people that don't golf, use the word and are not even sure it is used for golf

His Mulligan's were just ridiculous. He would hit and before the ball even landed he's pulling another ball or three out of his pocket.

His act has gotten pretty stale.

His Mulligan's were just ridiculous. He would hit and before the ball even landed he's pulling another ball or three out of his pocket.

His act has gotten pretty stale.

dude turned a weekly paper that he started, into one of the biggest 'sports' sights out there. He's doing okay

dude turned a weekly paper that he started, into one of the biggest 'sports' sights out there. He's doing okay

What's that have to do with thinking his Mulligan nonsense acting like he shot a good score wasn't dumb?

I'm aware he's doing very well. Just seems like Barstool has gotten way more about him than anything else.

What's that have to do with thinking his Mulligan nonsense acting like he shot a good score wasn't dumb?

I'm aware he's doing very well. Just seems like Barstool has gotten way more about him than anything else.

it hasn't even happened yet

???

It was yesterday.

video?

video?

Yes. Google it.

"I wish I could play Shinny again today. I feel lost without it. Going low is my new drug of choice. Im addicted to it. #usopen"

Per his Twitter

Yes. Google it.

"I wish I could play Shinny again today. I feel lost without it. Going low is my new drug of choice. Im addicted to it. #usopen"

Per his Twitter

is there video of it?

who gives a sh1t if he talks about it?

I want to see it!

eta:

I don't do twitter

The most important question is if he grounded his club in a hazard?

24 mulligans, 15 minutes, par

:overhead:

jonathan roy
‏ @JRFox10
18h18 hours ago
Replying to @VivaLaStool @stoolpresidente

You make Barkley look good

:first:

24 mulligans, 15 minutes, par

:overhead:

Hah...yeah I didn't see how many he was using until I saw that tweet..haha.

360 mulligans and that's all he shot? Wow - that's awful.

He's not a golfer. he's turrible

He's not a golfer. he's turrible

Oh really? Well, that's not bad then.