Sign in to follow this  
potts17

1 player keeper, who to keep?

Standard scoring, 4 pt for td pass, 6 pt rush/rec. 1 pt every 10 yards rushing /rec, 1 pt every 25 yards passing. 12 team league

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 Kicker

Can keep 1 player each year and lose the drafting spot for the round prior to where drafted last year. Down to 2 players on my squad to keep.

Either Cam Newton, I would lose my 6th round pick, which is pick #65 overall.

Or Jordy Nelson, who I originally drafted late at the draft last year to keep this year as he was out for the year, would lose my 14th round pick, which is pick #161 overall.

Who would you keep, who gives the best value???

Thanks for the help!

With your scoring system, a QB like Cam has a bigger advantage than normal. Nelson was a good plan, and would be a good keeper, but I would go with the QB for once.

Scoring system is very basic , and for a 14 round pick I'm picking Nelson .

Sixth round would be to early for me to draft a Qb , I like to draft them starting in eight round or even later .

Cam, QBs that put up rushing numbers like him are very reliable. Jordy coming off an ACL is more risky.

From a value perspective I'm leaning towards Jordy. For a 14 round pick I get to keep possibly what would be a 3rd round pick in Jordy. Whereas with Cam, I would lose my 6th round pick for a 1st or 2nd round guy. Strictly looking at improvement from a round total, Jordy I'd improve about 11 rounds, with Cam I'd improve 4 or 5 rounds. Any other thoughts?

From a value perspective I'm leaning towards Jordy. For a 14 round pick I get to keep possibly what would be a 3rd round pick in Jordy. Whereas with Cam, I would lose my 6th round pick for a 1st or 2nd round guy. Strictly looking at improvement from a round total, Jordy I'd improve about 11 rounds, with Cam I'd improve 4 or 5 rounds. Any other thoughts?

Jordy would be a good keeper if you want to win "best value". If you'd rather win on Sundays, Cam is the better keeper.

Have to keep Jordy here...potential top 7-8 receivers for 14th round pick. Cam is the best qb but there are too many options at qb compared to receiver.

I want to say Jordy but not with the kind of numbers Cam put up last year. 10 rushing TDs. He's too good even if it's a 6th round pick. He should be drafted higher than that. Jordy is a good deal at 14th but you could grab 3 WR and 2 RB and still have the best QB.