Sign in to follow this  
sosatyme72

Who u rather have in ppr D.Thomas or Dez?

Bryant .

Dez getting his contract has me worried about his motivation this year since he has had motivation problems in the past.

Where - college?

Certainly not been the case as a Cowboy..... From the 1st day he arrived - nobody has worked harder. He's basically a football version of a gym rat.

Thomas, Dez getting his contract has me worried about his motivation this year since he has had motivation problems in the past.

Not a chance, as this is a special young man. I haven't always been a fan of Bryant, or his antics, but last week was listening to 1310 The Ticket in Dallas and heard the Hardline idiots actually do a very commendable job breaking down the Rolling Stone story. For anyone who has not heard, Bryant had an almost tragic childhood and it's a miracle he has even dragged himself up from the muck to make something of himself, talent or no. You can say what you want about Bryant, and I personally think he's under educated (tutors crammed four years of high school into an 18 months period to get him college ready) and probably undisciplined as a player, but that kid has a TON of intestinal fortitude and heart. I wouldn't bet against him in life, or on the field.

Not a chance, as this is a special young man. I haven't always been a fan of Bryant, or his antics, but last week was listening to 1310 The Ticket in Dallas and heard the Hardline idiots actually do a very commendable job breaking down the Rolling Stone story. For anyone who has not heard, Bryant had an almost tragic childhood and it's a miracle he has even dragged himself up from the muck to make something of himself, talent or no. You can say what you want about Bryant, and I personally think he's very undisciplined as a player, but that kid has a TON of intestinal fortitude and heart. I wouldn't bet against him in life, or on the field.

I heard it - and agree, it was pretty sobering... But this piece shines a positive light on Dez, nobody is really interested in that. They'd rather chase stories about secret Walmart videos.

I heard it - and agree, it was pretty sobering... But this piece shines a positive light on Dez, nobody is really interested in that. They'd rather chase stories about secret Walmart videos.

People who know football are interested. Perhaps he matures with this new deal and learns to have a little more patience and discipline? But that's not Dez is it?

People who know football are interested. Perhaps he matures with this new deal and learns to have a little more patience and discipline? But that's not Dez is it?

Lol no it's not , will ... No it's not

Thomas, Dez getting his contract has me worried about his motivation this year since he has had motivation problems in the past.

Didn't Thomas sign and identical deal 35 seconds after Dez?

As another DFW guy that had seen Dez daily for the past several years, there isn't a player in the league I have less concern about from a motivation standpoint.

In fact, my only concern about Dez is that he is too motivated....I worry about him pushing himself too hard and not knowing when to let off the gas as he gets a bit older....that could mean just going down when he has three guys hanging off of him, thus preventing that 4th guy from hitting his knee...all the way to his refusing to come out of a game with a sore hammy, and making it worst.

In short, Dez is all heart. Now is he an idiot sometimes? Sure. But motivation will never be an issue.

Lol no it's not , will ... No it's not

Ok, so what has he done? What has he done in the past 2 years to say he's not?

with the emphasis on the run game, the continued emergence of williams and beasley, and 3 good receiving options at TE, I don't see dez hitting 100rec. thomas had 50 more targets last season--that's an enormous disparity. so the question is whether dez's TD production is going to offset thomas' catch production.

IMO, thomas is the safer, smarter pick.

plus i avoid cowboys players whenever possible, since i don't like being emotionally involved in gambling.

with the emphasis on the run game, the continued emergence of williams and beasley, and 3 good receiving options at TE, I don't see dez hitting 100rec. thomas had 50 more targets last season--that's an enormous disparity. so the question is whether dez's TD production is going to offset thomas' catch production.

plus i avoid cowboys players whenever possible, since i don't like being emotionally involved in gambling.

With Kubiak at the helm, I'm not so sure Denver doesn't stay on the ground more than The Boys. Certainly Dallas won't reach its run totals of last year.

Might want to stop watching the NFL , one reason it's so popular is because of gambling .

Might want to stop watching the NFL , one reason it's so popular is because of gambling .

what i mean is that emotional attachments (i'm a DAL fan) tend to cloud one's judgment. when it comes to gambling, clouded judgment = lost money.

Ok, so what has he done? What has he done in the past 2 years to say he's not?

Took his helmet off twice, in back to back weeks no less, and went on the field to argue with the Refs. Should have been flagged at least once which would have cost the Cowboys their first playoff win in a while. Another officiating crew may not be so lenient. He's an extremely talented mental case. Sorry you can't see that, everyone else does.

what i mean is that emotional attachments (i'm a DAL fan) tend to cloud one's judgment. when it comes to gambling, clouded judgment = lost money.

Gotcha . Yea betting with the heart never a great ideal .

Took his helmet off twice, in back to back weeks no less, and went on the field to argue with the Refs. Should have been flagged at least once which would have cost the Cowboys their first playoff win in a while. Another officiating crew may not be so lenient. He's an extremely talented mental case. Sorry you can't see that, everyone else does.

In the heat of a game, he took his helmet off and should of got flagged - okay, big whoop. That's all you got? Figures, I'm used to you coming up short.

worried about this Den offense regressing a bit. Mannings arm looks like jello right now. They talk about wanting to get more balance. Their OL was a trainwreck, but they signed mathis...is that enough? Splitting hairs here as this tier of WR has 4-5 guys with pretty indentical consensus projections and it will just come down to variance. I personally go Dez over DT

I'd rather have Dez by a hair, even before Kubiak showed up in Denver and Peyton got another year older. With Kubiak at the helm, this will not be the same Broncos offense that it's been for the past few years. No way Peyton throws nearly as much as we're accustomed to. Lining up under center, emphasis on the run game, and Kubiak's history with the QB position, don't be surprised to see 6-8 TDs and 300-500 yards or more drop off Peyton's numbers from last year. Gimme Dez!

In the heat of a game, he took his helmet off and should of got flagged - okay, big whoop. That's all you got? Figures, I'm used to you coming up short.

He did it two weeks in a row. In the playoffs. He obviously doesn't learn or doesn't care. If he had been flagged in the Detroit game, the Cowboys lose. He was also at the center of the fight during training camp with the Rams.

Dez and DT are both high end WR1s and it's really nit picking to find flaws with them.

However, I guess I feel slightly better about DT usage then Dez. If Dez is bracketed or double teamed Romo a lot of times will simply progress through his 2nd and 3rd reads.

Dez red zone usage and ability to convert TDs makes up for that greatly. But this also makes Dez somewhat TD dependent. Will he score 16 or more TDs again? More likely there will be a regression.

Manning is going to target DT more consistently even in double team situations, and Broncos will run many bubble screen type plays to manufacture DT looks. Kubiak offense is more run balanced but also heavily targets the #1 WR.

In PPR, I would draft DT first. In standard it's a coin flip and personal preference.

Dez and DT are both high end WR1s and it's really nit picking to find flaws with them.

However, I guess I feel slightly better about DT usage then Dez. If Dez is bracketed or double teamed Romo a lot of times will simply progress through his 2nd and 3rd reads.

Dez red zone usage and ability to convert TDs makes up for that greatly. But this also makes Dez somewhat TD dependent. Will he score 16 or more TDs again? More likely there will be a regression.

Manning is going to target DT more consistently even in double team situations, and Broncos will run many bubble screen type plays to manufacture DT looks. Kubiak offense is more run balanced but also heavily targets the #1 WR.

In PPR, I would draft DT first. In standard it's a coin flip and personal preference.

That is a good point (him scoring 16 TDs again). Interesting fact I heard, who was the last WR to score back to back seasons of 16+ TDs? It has never happened. So yes regression is very likely.

Dez based on my confidence in Romo over Peyton who's a year older in a new more balanced offense.

^^^This^^^

I'm not buying the Kubiak is a run first coach and is going to change the whole offense. As a Texans fan Schaub had a good run with only one Wr under Kubiak. I don't see Kubiak as the problem as much as I see a aging Manning.

^^^This^^^

I'm not buying the Kubiak is a run first coach and is going to change the whole offense. As a Texans fan Schaub had a good run with only one Wr under Kubiak. I don't see Kubiak as the problem as much as I see a aging Manning.

Folks, this is Peyton Manning here who's essentially an OC in this league for the past 10 years. Kubiak will help with balance, but you know Manning will determine when and how often to throw.

And people point to Manning's age but do i need to remind everyone that Romo had back problems for years. I think both of their health risk are identical. A sack away from season ending injury. Ask yourself, do you want the WR with the QB that takes 35 sacks a season or the one that takes 18....

He did it two weeks in a row. In the playoffs. He obviously doesn't learn or doesn't care. If he had been flagged in the Detroit game, the Cowboys lose. He was also at the center of the fight during training camp with the Rams.

How on earth is this significant in terms of fantasy value? Sheesh the lengths people go thru to hammer home their point lol. he may cost the Cowboys a game or 2 with his antics but then what, he's benched? Lol. Unless the league suspends him for something then your point is pretty moot.

I say Dez simply put like everyone else already said he's consistent. Look at his last 3 seasons, no injury history, pretty much same offense. Peyton scares me but DT will still score 80 yard bombs on those bubble screens. It's truly splitting hairs but I'll go with Dez.