Sign in to follow this  
Texas10

Value of RBs still on wires...

Who are the running backs that are still available on most wires that have value in your opinion?

I'm contemplating Jamaal or D'onta as a stash. I think Jamaal still has value and D'onta looks like he's going to get more work and who knows beyond that.

Foreman got picked up this week in our league. Jamaal was drafted.

I think Foreman is a good speculative add in deep league's. He's still an unknown which gives him a little value. Lamar has never really been that impressive to me. I know some people argue there's a deeper success beyond face value, but just based on the eyeball test he's been just ok.

Jamaal was drafted in mine as well but recently dropped. Yea I'm torn between these 2 because I can see CJ going down more so than Miller, but thinking Foreman will continue to be more involved regardless.

Both are long gone in my main league, but I'd snag Foreman. Worse offense but probably the potential for a bigger load. Jamaal is what he is now....which is purely a change of pace.

For me, I'm looking at Jalen Richard and Orleans Darkwa....probably will make a cheap bid for the latter tonight. He's flashed in the past but has never been given much of a chance. Perkins sucks and the Giants need a spark. Just saw that one of the beat writers was talking him up. Might as well take a shot and see what happens.

I see Forte on the waivers.. is he worth a pick up on that dumpster fire team?

I think so.

They've shown that, even as a terrible team, they can support a RB. The only issue they've had this year is splitting carries while waiting for someone to rise to the surface.

Forte seems to have separated himself, so I'd say at least worth a speculative add to see how the next few weeks go.

I'm going to stash Matt Breida and Chris Ivory on my bench this week just in case anything happens to Hyde or Fournette. Two early games this week before the Sunday afternoon lock so I can drop both for two more lotto tickets if nothing happens. If nothing happens in either game I'll drop them for Foreman and maybe a Mike Tolbert, Orleans Darkwa, or take a stab with someone in Philly (Smallwood/Clement) to see how that situation works out.

I see Forte on the waivers.. is he worth a pick up on that dumpster fire team?

If you've got the spot, he's worth adding based on past production alone. Maybe the wily ol' vet has one more year in him yet

I'm going to stash Matt Breida and Chris Ivory on my bench this week just in case anything happens to Hyde or Fournette. Two early games this week before the Sunday afternoon lock so I can drop both for two more lotto tickets if nothing happens. If nothing happens in either game I'll drop them for Foreman and maybe a Mike Tolbert, Orleans Darkwa, or take a stab with someone in Philly (Smallwood/Clement) to see how that situation works out.

I use this strategy a lot when I can.

I'm going to stash Matt Breida and Chris Ivory on my bench this week just in case anything happens to Hyde or Fournette. Two early games this week before the Sunday afternoon lock so I can drop both for two more lotto tickets if nothing happens.

Your waivers don't lock at first kickoff? That's kinda lame, frankly

was gonna do the same thing myself.

Some league's leave players available until the game they are active in starts.

Alex Collins is another interesting name to keep an eye on. West with a soft tissue injury that could linger and I think Baltimore would rather Allen not be an every down back. If Collins gets an opportunity and shows something he's could have some value in that offense.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Running-Back-Alex-Collins-Earns-Himself-More-Snaps/d6ddbb63-8941-4453-83db-14be3bd4a362

Was going to say the same thing. I thought leagues not going FAAB were behind the times but this is just prehistoric.

our league players lock when their games start

would be kind of lame to lock all players on Thursday every week, I dont pick up my kicker or def til Saturday

i like foreman and brieda. I'm not big on williams even though he has the best offense around him. I think GB will go even more pass heavy if Ty Mont goes down.

Was going to say the same thing. I thought leagues not going FAAB were behind the times but this is just prehistoric default Yahoo settings.

Alex Collins is another interesting name to keep an eye on. West with a soft tissue injury that could linger and I think Baltimore would rather Allen not be an every down back. If Collins gets an opportunity and shows something he's could have some value in that offense.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Running-Back-Alex-Collins-Earns-Himself-More-Snaps/d6ddbb63-8941-4453-83db-14be3bd4a362

:thumbsup:

Now is the time for a cheap & speculative add on him. If he blows up this week, the party is over. The situation is good, and the kid has great talent....but MUST hold onto the football.

The only RB I am stashing is Cohen. I don't have room to add another one. Because my league only allows for 2 RBs to play, no need to have more than 4 anyhow.

The only RB I am stashing is Cohen. I don't have room to add another one. Because my league only allows for 2 RBs to play, no need to have more than 4 anyhow.

Just looking at your team, I'd personally look to do some 2 for 1s and consolidate some of your depth into more top level players that you can start confidently every week.

Use Murray and Reed as the bait while they still have name value, and package them with one of your back end WRs to get a true #1 WR like AJ Green or with Wentz to go for a bigger name QB. That 2 for 1 then opens up another roster spot for you that you can use on another RB flyer.

I like alot about your team, but I don't think you should be that comfortable yet either.

I'm thinking about adding Matt Breida before the game starts tonight. I don't really want to drop anybody though. I guess I can get rid of shane vereen as I'll never feel great starting him. 12 team ppr

The most talented back on the rush heavy Ravens is neither Allen or West but 2nd year pro Alex Collins, highly recruited out of HS and extremely productive at U of Arkansas{20-Tds Jr. yr. school record} .... Harbaugh stated after week-2 Collins earned more touches...no doubt watching the game Collins showed the most burst of the RB's.....My hunch he will be the lead back for the Ravens by mid-Oct.....sleeper stash worth the risk.......

Was going to say the same thing. I thought leagues not going FAAB were behind the times but this is just prehistoric.

Snake drafting, 10 team leagues and locking add/drops on Thurs night or Sunday 1pm are prehistoric.

Every league I'm in has locked players at their individual kickoff for years now, probably since TNF started in 2007.

Snake drafting, 10 team leagues and locking add/drops on Thurs night or Sunday 1pm are prehistoric.

Every league I'm in has locked players at their individual kickoff for years now, probably since TNF started in 2007.

Same for me.

Anything else would be lame.

If Lynch were to go down do you think Jalen Richard would become the bellcow or would there be a timeshare with DeAndre Washington?

I think it would be RBBC with Cordarrelle Patterson and Jalen Richard and Washington.

Already heading that way even with Beast Mode healthy.

Lots of talk comparing Cordarrelle to Ty Montgomery as far as a WR with skills and size that can transition to RB.

I'm thinking about adding Matt Breida before the game starts tonight. I don't really want to drop anybody though. I guess I can get rid of shane vereen as I'll never feel great starting him. 12 team ppr

Breida definitely has more value than Vereen. I have him to cuff Hyde but would roster him even without Hyde. I wouldn't roster Vereen at all.

I think Richard would have the best shot at short yardage work.

He would be the target.

To me the choice was one of Chris Johnson, Collins or McFadden/Morris. I have gone with Collins, I think he offers big play ability and solid ypc for the Ravens and he will gradually get the West role, even if West is playing.

Mike Tolbert is an okay pick up if you are in a bind

He's a TD vulture and may catch a couple of passes

RBs of any value though really aren't on the waiver wire that often

They just pop up there unexpectedly throughout the season and when they do, they get picked up almost immediately

Nobody ever has enough RBs

Yahoo default is to allow for players to be dropped if they played Thursday as long as not in your lineup.

I started adding Thursday backup RBs and hoping for an injury, drop them on Friday and pick up backup RBs playing Sunday.

Yahoo default is to allow for players to be dropped if they played Thursday as long as not in your lineup.

I started adding Thursday backup RBs and hoping for an injury, drop them on Friday and pick up backup RBs playing Sunday.

I have used that strategy before too.

Although in the end it's another reason I don't like Thursday football. If you give me the chance within the rules I'll use it. But it's somewhat silly that two teams even play that early and cause that kind of thing in the first place. Meh.