Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Mid Term Elections

Well, rather than betting on things? Why don't you just educate yourself? And, no. Turns out, reservations that have been around for decades or centuries aren't laid out the same way your cookie-cutter suburbs are.

screw the injuns, tell em to get jobs and quit living in teepee's and they can vote

screw the injuns, tell em to get jobs and quit living in teepee's and they can vote

Yeah. Why are they voting anyway? Don't they claim to be sovereign? Enough mollycoddling.

Many Native American reservations, however, do not use physical street addresses.

Those IDs used to be accepted at polling places including in this year's primary election but will not be valid for the general election. And that decision became final less than a month before Election Day,

--------------------

Huh, gotta wonder why the late-stage new rule? Oh yeah, because the Democrat won last time by a very small margin. And native Americans primarily vote Democrat.

That's just Shady.

If This Were a long-standing rule, I'd be the first one to say you guys knew what the rules were, freaking follow them! But the rules didn't apply for the primary but suddenly now apply for the general? How many actual fuuck does that work?

since we're betting on things, Wanna bet North Dakota's secretary of state is a Republican? I honestly don't know. And I haven't looked it up yet.

Get a ID and an address. It's 2018 for Petes sake.

Get a ###### ID and an address. It's 2018 for Petes sake.

Want to "bet" that with their current ID system they can:

Enlist in the military drama apply for a car loan, get a credit card, apply for government benefits, submit that address on a job application, get a driver's license, get a Social Security card, apply for a federal job, apply for a state job, apply for student loans, get on GOP donation rolls, Etc

Want to "bet" that with their current ID system they can:

Enlist in the military drama apply for a car loan, get a credit card, apply for government benefits, submit that address on a job application, get a driver's license, get a Social Security card, apply for a federal job, apply for a state job, apply for student loans, get on GOP donation rolls, Etc

Wanna bet you need an address for at least one of them?

Honestly, I don't know the answer to this, but I'd like to. How many times in the last say 20 years, has the person who won the popular vote become president?

Until we enact strict Voter ID laws in ALL states (particularly California, New York and the Urban areas of states) the popular vote is a focking joke. Hopefully we've seen the last of precincts that have 125% voter participation.

In North Dakota the race for so many is especially tight. And for decades, you could show up and vote with standard tribal ID if you happen to be a resident of a Native American reservation. I'm which, I'm guessing there's more than a few in North Dakota. Yeah well, they changed the rules now. Now you have to have an actual Street, home address. Unfortunately, apparently that's not how it's structured on a reservation. Do you think some folks knew that when they came up with this brand new rule?

Street adresses are now bad. I mean what benefit could they possibly serve. They must never have police ambulance or fire calls on reservations.

Oh, and your girl Hidi is behind by more than ten points so its not that close. :wave:

I actually do some side work conducting political telephone opinion polls. Its really interesting. Most of the actual results I get are purely anecdotal, but I do know that republicans are polling "blue states" more than they've ever done in the past. That might not signal a win in 2018, but it feels like that blue wall is gone. I see lots of republican polling for Wisconsin, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Michigan, etc. that I just did not see in prior years. GOP seems confident striding into what used to be blue territory now.

I wonder how the people who've given their lives for you to have the right to vote would view that attitude.

Those of us that served did it to give them the right to vote, not to make it mandatory they do so.

Those of us that served did it to give them the right to vote, not to make it mandatory they do so.

Exactly. It's called freedom. Freedom of choice.

Reading Is Fundamental. I mentioned his attitude, not advocating voting be mandatory.

One should look at voting as a privilege and not a right.

And I served as well. Thank you for your service.

Reading Is Fundamental. I mentioned his attitude, not advocating voting be mandatory.

I probably wont be voting at all.

Sorry about the tude.

Amercan citizens on Welfare should not have the right to vote.

Want to vote? Contribute to society.

Illegals should not be able to vote. They should be fired from canons over the Rio Grande and back into Mexico.

It wasn't you man; was tantastic.

You are right: mea culpa.

I WOULD vote if I thought it would make a difference but I dont. Both sides mostly agree on all big ticket issues, theyre both corrupt and they both suck.

I'll vote for the side wanting to secure the country, allow me to keep more of my hard earned dollars and not be thuggish and deranged. Right now, that's Republicans.

I'll vote for the side wanting to secure the country, allow me to keep more of my hard earned dollars and not be thuggish and deranged. Right now, that's Republicans.

Unfortunately theyre also the party that doesnt see any problem with declining wages, increased class disparity and a collapsing healthcare system. They do care about where trannies take a dump and whether Joe the Baker has to bake cakes for gay couples though. The big ticket items.

One should look at voting as a privilege and not a right.

And I served as well. Thank you for your service.

That's absolutely fair then. While we served to give them the right to or not to vote, I'll admit I look down on those that don't exercise that right.

• Like 1

Unfortunately theyre also the party that doesnt see any problem with declining wages, increased class disparity and a collapsing healthcare system. They do care about where trannies take a dump and whether Joe the Baker has to bake cakes for gay couples though. The big ticket items.

No party is perfect. What are examples of things Trump/Republicans are doing that Democrats actually agree with?

Class disparity exploded under Obama. Wages declined under Obama. Obamacare is a disaster. Just saying stuff once again. And yeah, I don't want trannies taking a dump in the girls bathrooom in school. What prudes and intolerant homophobes we are.

Obamacare is a disaster.

Got my letter in the mail last week,premium is going down to $320 month BUT deductible is going up to $7900 :mad:

No party is perfect. What are examples of things Trump/Republicans are doing that Democrats actually agree with?

In general they are both wholly in the pocket of Wall Street, the investor class and the military industrial complex. Neither of them really give a fock all about the working class. Getting to keep a few more $ in your paycheck means fock all of real wages decline and the cost of healthcare, housing and education expands every year. Neither party has a solution to that problem which is why they prefer talking about metoo, BLM and tranny toilet stuff.

Youd think Fido would get the hint - I havent responded to a single post of his in SIX MONTHS. :o 🐕

Youd think Fido would get the hint - I havent responded to a single post of his in SIX MONTHS. :o 🐕

Enjoy your safe space.

Hack. The woof woof thing was mine. Unoriginal as usual.

Enjoy your safe space.

It's just a matter of time. Frank M, Newbie, Worms, Shonuff. They all ran.

Enjoy your safe space.

Im still here, I just chose not to respond to Fido.

And it drives him nuts. :D

Im still here, I just chose not to respond to Fido.

And it drives him nuts. :D

Yeah, I'm crazed. Can't you tell?

Class disparity exploded under Obama. Wages declined under Obama. Obamacare is a disaster. Just saying stuff once again. And yeah, I don't want trannies taking a dump in the girls bathrooom in school. What prudes and intolerant homophobes we are.

Obama catered to the poor without raising taxes on the rich. I wonder which class might be affected by that? :dunno:

This cannot be answered; Dems think that Trump is doing NOTHING right. At all. Even if they have jobs now and didn't in the past, are making more money, and their healthcare has had little to zero change.

• Like 1

This cannot be answered; Dems think that Trump is doing NOTHING right. At all. Even if they have jobs now and didn't in the past, are making more money, and their healthcare has had little to zero change.

In addition to making countries renegotiate trade deals, numerous companies bringing millions of dollars back to U.S. as a result of tax cuts, etc.........

Got my letter in the mail last week,premium is going down to $320 month BUT deductible is going up to $7900 :mad:

That is not health insurance. That's catastrophic insurance.

In addition to making countries renegotiate trade deals, numerous companies bringing millions of dollars back to U.S. as a result of tax cuts, etc.........

This is just one company

Jan. 17, 2018

SAN FRANCISCO — Apple, which had long deferred paying taxes on its foreign earnings and had become synonymous with hoarding money overseas, unveiled plans on Wednesday that would bring back the vast majority of the $252 billion in cash that it held abroad and said it would make a sizable investment in the United States.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/17/technology/apple-tax-bill-repatriate-cash.html

This is just one company

Jan. 17, 2018

SAN FRANCISCO — Apple, which had long deferred paying taxes on its foreign earnings and had become synonymous with hoarding money overseas, unveiled plans on Wednesday that would bring back the vast majority of the $252 billion in cash that it held abroad and said it would make a sizable investment in the United States.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/17/technology/apple-tax-bill-repatriate-cash.html

Interesting....

This is just one company

Jan. 17, 2018

SAN FRANCISCO Apple, which had long deferred paying taxes on its foreign earnings and had become synonymous with hoarding money overseas, unveiled plans on Wednesday that would bring back the vast majority of the $252 billion in cash that it held abroad and said it would make a sizable investment in the United States.

Yet somehow libs think that's a bad thing, only because it happened under Trump. Granted I'm sure repubs would b1tch if Obama did it, but that didn't actually happen though, did it?

Yet somehow libs think that's a bad thing, only because it happened under Trump. Granted I'm sure repubs would b1tch if Obama did it, but that didn't actually happen though, did it?

Well, its not a political "winner" per se. Politics has an immediacy to it, one that mimics the lack of maturity in society overall. When you take a good strategic action, often there are short term consequences, but over time the benefit will be wider and more tangible. This is that mentality in action.

You can see this where people rage against cuts in say medicare or others, the bigger picture is lost in the "give to me right now" generations we have been festering forward.

I would be interested in seeing some info on whether corporate tax cuts increased tax revenue overall instead of the type of one off anecdata we get in these threads.

My view of the midterms:

For some reason, everyone repeatedly keeps forgetting that the GOP tends to improve in the polls as fall comes along. Traditionally, democrats are oversampled in the summer because married couples with children take long vacations in the summer and they vote heavily republican. They are much harder to reach when polling until school starts up again in the fall. As they get more settled in and start paying attention, you see the GOP improve close to election day.

2016: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2016_generic_congressional_vote-5279.html

The GOP rocketed higher in the last month.

2014: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/generic_congressional_vote-2170.html

The dems lead almost the entire way until the fall when the GOP suddenly surges higher. In fact, the FINAL results on election day were republicans win by 5.7%, which was higher than any RCP average in the entire election campaign.

2012: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2012_generic_congressional_vote-3525.html

The democrats eeked out a small win, but the republicans rose strongly in the polls at the end

2010: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2010_generic_congressional_vote-2171.html

This rise started sooner in july, and led to flipping the House.

2008: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2008_generic_congressional_vote-2173.html

This was interesting because we see the beginning of a GOP rally in early september and then the stock market crashed and the GOP gains were wiped out. So the dems need a global economic disaster to stop the GOP from rallying in the fall.

2006: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2006_generic_congressional_vote-2174.html

The dems had anywhere from a 15-20 percent lead but even then there was a late surge by the GOP and they closed it to just 7.9% on election day. I mean they cut the lead by more than half.

--

Then we come to 2018: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2018_generic_congressional_vote-6185.html

The GOP actually hasn't seen a HUGE rally in the polls so far. But its very very slight. The democrats are sitting near their highs at around 49%, but the GOP has gained 5% since January. There's also plenty of time for a late surge to cut that even closer which I think is likely to occur.

--

Then we look at the House map (the Senate will stay GOP): https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/house/2018_elections_house_map.html

The dems need 218 seats to win the chamber, and 205 are likely or lean. There's a pool of 32 in the too close to call and they need to capture 13/32.

But a lot of those races are really really close, and given past history, that the GOP traditionally rises in the polls as we head to election day, I don't think the votes are there for the dems to take the House.

• Like 1

I am kinda hoping for this red wave to actually happen if nothing else to be MASSIVELY entertained by the left's reaction to it.