Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Friend’s son dead at 21.

Tragic.

His dad and I played HS football together. The son was also playing D2 college ball.

He found a couple lumps in his neck, got checked out, and they found spots in his lungs.

1 year later, hes dead.

How do you even move on with life after something like that happens to your son? Damn.

No idea how you manage to get out of bed and function each day if this happens to you, cannot fathom the pain

I lost a wife to cancer in our early 30s. We had a five year old at the time. I dealt better with him, my other son and my own feelings than I did with her parents and grandparents. Its just so against the natural course of life, its unfathomable.

I lost a wife to cancer in our early 30s. We had a five year old at the time. I dealt better with him, my other son and my own feelings than I did with her parents and grandparents. Its just so against the natural course of life, its unfathomable.

This is wild stuff man. Cant even imagine.

I call BS. Like wed really believe you have a friend.

Also, Im sorry to hear it. I dont know how I would be able to deal with something like that.

Christmas savings!

:nono:

:lol:

Also, fock cancer a million times over. Ive already seen it take way too many people that Im close to.

• Like 1

Dont mean to hijack but I was going to post something similar last week.

Employee of mine had a 14 year old daughter - seemingly healthy - brain aneurism- had to pull the plug.

How do you move on ??

Cant even phalthom.

That really sucks man. When I worked on the cancer ward j didnt see many that were that young but I did see a few. One was an extremely cute girl who was 18. She didnt die but she lost all her hair from the chemo. Had another guy who was 21-23 cant remember exactly. But he was deployed and was throwing a football when he noticed his shoulder hurting. Went and got it checked out to find a tumor in it. Ended up having to have the whole arm amputated. Really sad having to see stuff like that. Wouldnt change a minute of my time up there.

While it is sad to hear tragedies like this, it should give all pause and puts into perspective the things we regard as hardships.

it certainly puts all the bullshitt on a lightly-trafficked message board into perspective.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Classic case of genetic bad luck. The kid was a 6'5", 230 lb tight end, and in excellent physical shape. His dad played LB for a Div 1 school. His mom is in great shape. His Aunt was the hottest chick in her class, and still looks good in her 50's. His brother and sister are both healthy.

There's just no way to win that battle if your genes are focked from the word go.

If it were my son, I would check out. It does amaze me when talking to friends, how many had siblings die. People don't talk about that stuff. Happens more than you think.

I've been thinking a lot about this thread since my youngest daughter has type 1 diabetes. If I had a kid who developed cancer like my cousin's kid, I would hope that my wife and I could power through it, maybe do something like a charity golf tourney like my cousin did. I have another friend whose kid committed suicide (before I knew friend so I didn't know the kid), that would fock me up big time. My daughter is in the middle - we just had a checkup where we learned that our 17 yr old has been doing a crap job managing her blood sugar; doctor took a scared straight approach and talked about things like kidney dialysis/failure. We are trying to figure out how to best incentivize her to do a better job. I don't want to outlive her, that is just wrong. :(

Wife just found out her dad has stage 4 pancreatic cancer, he’s done for. She’s pretty upset. This stuff is scary as hell man.

Patman

I read this like five times. Sober even. I know you lost a wife from past posts through the years. Are you saying you lost a kid too ??

Patman

I read this like five times. Sober even. I know you lost a wife from past posts through the years. Are you saying you lost a kid too ??

No he's saying it was easier to deal with his sons than her parents

No he's saying it was easier to deal with his sons than her parents

Thanks bro. This did cross my mind but I wasnt 100% sure.

I was confused

Patman

No. Sorry for the confusion. My current wife and her previous husband lost a child about 30 years ago.

Ill never forget the Rholio situation here. Around last October I think, he says hes going in for a colonoscopy, says they gave him a cancer diagnosis, few months later his wife tells us hes gone. It was like watching something too real unfold right before us.

• Like 1

Wife just found out her dad has stage 4 pancreatic cancer, he’s done for. She’s pretty upset. This stuff is scary as hell man.

Sorry to hear.

I know it is anecdotal and everyone says the same thing, but I know 3 maybe 4 people who were able to beat pancreatic cancer. Even though the situation may be bleak somebody has to make up the 5% that survives.

It really is amazing some of the advances in treatment for certain types. Multiple myeloma used to be a death sentence, I know 2 people who died from it about 7 years ago, now there is a treatment plan at a research hospital in Arkansas of all places that has flipped the odds. There are similar stories for lung, pancreatic, and certain rare cancers.

Hope your pa-in-law is able to get the best care possible and the family finds patience and peace with the process.

Sorry to hear.

I know it is anecdotal and everyone says the same thing, but I know 3 maybe 4 people who were able to beat pancreatic cancer. Even though the situation may be bleak somebody has to make up the 5% that survives.

It really is amazing some of the advances in treatment for certain types. Multiple myeloma used to be a death sentence, I know 2 people who died from it about 7 years ago, now there is a treatment plan at a research hospital in Arkansas of all places that has flipped the odds.

Whoa, that’s incredible actually.

My fishing buddy is in bad shape. I just visited him in the hospital, but he was asleep and hooked up to a ventilator.

Probably a 2-3 month battle ahead of him still with sepsis.

:( my thoughts are with all of you :(

almost exactly 5 years ago we lost my wife's father to pancreatic (posted about it at the closet)

:( my thoughts are with all of you :(

almost exactly 5 years ago we lost my wife's father to pancreatic (posted about it at the closet)

How long did he live after diagnosis? Hes in good spirits and confident which is good. Hes also pretty young, in his 50s.

How long did he live after diagnosis? Hes in good spirits and confident which is good. Hes also pretty young, in his 50s.

It was very fast. we found out right around thanksgiving... i pushed mrs out the door thanksgiving morning to get on a plane with our daughter. he passed on 12/5 i believe. very tough time of year for the family as my wife's birthday is 12/3

It was very fast. we found out right around thanksgiving... i pushed mrs out the door thanksgiving morning to get on a plane with our daughter. he passed on 12/5 i believe. very tough time of year for the family as my wife's birthday is 12/3

Jesus man, thats scary. He had pain and saw the doc, few weeks later (week ago) his diagnosis is stage 4 pancreatic. He starts chemo next week. So crazy to think it could be that quick. Wife flying out to see family the 19th. I said go ASAP, its not for sure you will get another chance.

he had many ailments throughout his life and was on many meds. there was something a little different about this one. symptoms were masked and they diagnosed him late. we still thought we were going to have more time.