Sign in to follow this  
420allstars

The Dynasty Q&A thread

That is definitely a unique mock you got going there. Maybe a few people over thinking themselves out or into a pick? Even after what happened to Dez he is the 5th best WR out there? Robert Griffin is the 6th best QB? Is Britt going to go next?

The thing is, this isn't a mock...we are rolling with this draft. But I agree with you on the overthinking; plenty of value left that I hope makes it back to me at the turn.

The thing is, this isn't a mock...we are rolling with this draft. But I agree with you on the overthinking; plenty of value left that I hope makes it back to me at the turn.

The "experts" always say not to over value rookies.. I would have expected this from a bunch of noob's but there are a few picks that make me shake my head?

even if your dead set on getting RG3 could that not have waited another round or two?

that is one of the worst drafts, real or mock, that i have seen in quite some time.

that is one of the worst drafts, real or mock, that i have seen in quite some time.

Assuming you are not taking a jab at my drafting :lol: I guess it means that more people should follow FF Today and less of the other guys. :P

Assuming you are not taking a jab at my drafting :lol: I guess it means that more people should follow FF Today and less of the other guys. :P

I like your start :thumbsup:

and other then a handfull of picks I wouldnt say this is garbage.. just unorthodox IMO..

Interesting first couple rounds indeed. Who are you targeting with your next two picks?

I won't discuss names until I'm on the clock, but I'm hoping one of two RBs somehow slip to me. In the unlikely event that happens, I may go two WRs in this 3-WR league, esp since there are several good receivers available. A wild wildcard would be Aaron Hernandez, but I can't imagine going that route and taking two TEs with my first 3-4 picks.

Hopefully your RB targets drop and you get one of them along with a WR. Top TE, 2 solid backs and a top ten WR will set you up nicely going forward.

WR is so deep this year you might be best served taking both RB targets should they fall, but its a long and painful wait till 6/7, which will have its fair share of good WRs left but a dwindling supply of QBs. Best of luck buddy.

I like your start :thumbsup:

and other then a handfull of picks I wouldnt say this is garbage.. just unorthodox IMO..

Thanks. When I got handed the #12 pick, Graham was a must-get for me (Gronk if had been taken). Graham is a special special player who would have commanded a huge ransom in order for me to get him via trade. TEs can go into their mid-30s, so I'm hoping to lock up 7-8 years of elite production with him. Murray was always an option and I wrestled with him vs. McFadden, but ultimately it boiled to Murray's only question mark being durability whereas all the other RBs I was considering seem to have more than one major issue.

Hopefully your RB targets drop and you get one of them along with a WR. Top TE, 2 solid backs and a top ten WR will set you up nicely going forward.

WR is so deep this year you might be best served taking both RB targets should they fall, but its a long and painful wait till 6/7, which will have its fair share of good WRs left but a dwindling supply of QBs. Best of luck buddy.

If BOTH of the RBs fall to me, I could easily will go that direction...once I pick my jaw up off the ground. However, I have another RB or three in mind for the 5-6 turn that probably won't be much of a dropoff, so RB-WR or WR-WR is probably the direction I'm going in. It will be interesting, to say the least.

whats the scoring in this league and what are the rules? Stafford at 7 seemed a bit much. So far ahead of Brees? Does Brees not have 5 years or so left in him? RG3 super high. No way anyone can sell me on taking him in the 3rd round of a dynasty start up draft.

Dez in the mid 2nd? After his run in? maybe it ends up resulting in nothing but even so that is still high. Welker pretty high, same with Doug martin

i'd be a little scared to take t-rich 6th in a dynasty. In a redraft? sure why not. If he ends up a huge bust you didn't kill yourself. Lets say he isn't that great, that first round pick will haunt you for years to come. I would at least want someone i've seen play in the NFL.

Junkyardjake traded out of his first rounder?

i guess this isnt the worst thing ive ever seen but really suspect for a bunch of supposed experts. then again, all it takes to be an expert in FF is putting in the time and calling yourself one.

Thanks. When I got handed the #12 pick, Graham was a must-get for me (Gronk if had been taken). Graham is a special special player who would have commanded a huge ransom in order for me to get him via trade. TEs can go into their mid-30s, so I'm hoping to lock up 7-8 years of elite production with him. Murray was always an option and I wrestled with him vs. McFadden, but ultimately it boiled to Murray's only question mark being durability whereas all the other RBs I was considering seem to have more than one major issue.

I had 11th pick in a recent start-up draft, had planned on taking one of the elite TE's also but they were both gone by pick 10.. But Cam did fall to me and I paired him with T-rich at 2.02.. I actually found that if you plan things right the end of the round is actually a pretty decent place to pick from..

our recent start-up draft

im not huge on your pick of Murray over McFadden. Both have injury concerns but I think McFadden is the more special player when healthy. But it's probably splitting hairs

Grabbing an elite qb would ha e been much higher on my list than Murray. I think your pick of graham was the best possible pick you could have made. I am just too concerned with Murray's injury history to invest that high of a pick. If you are dead set on taking a rb though I guess his upside is as good as any other rb at that spot. I have this feeling though that even if Murray stays healthy all year he will disappoint.

im not huge on your pick of Murray over McFadden. Both have injury concerns but I think McFadden is the more special player when healthy. But it's probably splitting hairs

And that was the decision...D-Mac vs. Murray. As I said in another thread, you'll be hard-pressed to find a bigger D-Mac fan than me, I remember arguing the side that he'd be a good pro with Waldman some years ago. Ultimately, D-Mac has the longer injury history, a scheme change and an OC that I really don't respect all that much. If I was drafting strictly talent, D-Mac would have been the pick.

Same on Murray. I would have gone McFadden and if not Forte. Love the Graham pick though.

Was Junk Yard's second pick Griffin? He called it a 'make or break' pick. You don't want any pick that early to break anything....strange.

Grabbing an elite qb would ha e been much higher on my list than Murray. I think your pick of graham was the best possible pick you could have made. I am just too concerned with Murray's injury history to invest that high of a pick. If you are dead set on taking a rb though I guess his upside is as good as any other rb at that spot. I have this feeling though that even if Murray stays healthy all year he will disappoint.

Brees was a strong consideration, but I ultimately felt with 13 quarterbacks that I feel comfortable with for the next three years, I could get a younger, much cheaper option and not leave myself completely void of talent at RB. (It also helps that passing TDs are four points.) As luck would have it, the guy I was targeting at 3.12 went at 3.1 (Doug Martin). I don't want to go into my first year of a PPR dynasty league with a guy like Reggie Bush or Beanie Wells as my RB1.

As for Murray, he was the least of a bunch of evils at that spot. I like the fact Dallas hired OL coach Bill Callahan and improved the talent on the line. I addressed my other reasons for taking him earlier in the thread, but I'll be the first to admit the pick can be debated.

Same on Murray. I would have gone McFadden and if not Forte. Love the Graham pick though.

Was Junk Yard's second pick Griffin? He called it a 'make or break' pick. You don't want any pick that early to break anything....strange.

Bush and a lack of TDs steered me away from Forte. Bush is the best all-around back Forte has been paired with, so I'd be lying if I said that doesn't concern me. And yeah, RG3 was JJ's second pick.

whats the scoring in this league and what are the rules? Stafford at 7 seemed a bit much. So far ahead of Brees? Does Brees not have 5 years or so left in him? RG3 super high. No way anyone can sell me on taking him in the 3rd round of a dynasty start up draft.

Dez in the mid 2nd? After his run in? maybe it ends up resulting in nothing but even so that is still high. Welker pretty high, same with Doug martin

i'd be a little scared to take t-rich 6th in a dynasty. In a redraft? sure why not. If he ends up a huge bust you didn't kill yourself. Lets say he isn't that great, that first round pick will haunt you for years to come. I would at least want someone i've seen play in the NFL.

Junkyardjake traded out of his first rounder?

i guess this isnt the worst thing ive ever seen but really suspect for a bunch of supposed experts. then again, all it takes to be an expert in FF is putting in the time and calling yourself one.

Rules: http://football32.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=67457&O=09

Junkyard Jake: Yeah, he traded a 1, 23 and 24 for a 3, 4 and 23.

As for your other questions, you make good points with each one. I can't argue with you on any one of them.

Rules: http://football32.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=67457&O=09

Junkyard Jake: Yeah, he traded a 1, 23 and 24 for a 3, 4 and 23.

As for your other questions, you make good points with each one. I can't argue with you on any one of them.

doesn't really seem like a QB friendly system. At least not like some i have seen lately. seems like more and more leagues are 6 point passing scores and some even having bonuses for completions and such.

based on the scoring i dislike rodgers at 1 overall and i really dislike Stafford at 7..... Cam also a huuuge reach at 1.11

OK...interesting development as I'm now on the clock.

My pie-in-the-sky targets were Maclin and Charles, but both are gone. However, I never imagined Mike Wallace would still be available and am almost as surprised that Sproles (he was my second RB target here) and Roddy White are too. I know Sproles doesn't seem like a strong long-term selection at 29 years of age, but I don't think the over-30 "rules" apply to him since he sees about a third of the carries that a regular back does and doesn't ever really take a hard hit. He has no durability concerns and is as quick and elusive as he ever has been.

I'm going to take the next hour or so to think about these two picks and let you know what direction I decided on.

OK...interesting development as I'm now on the clock.

My pie-in-the-sky targets were Maclin and Charles, but both are gone. However, I never imagined Mike Wallace would still be available and am almost as surprised that Sproles (he was my second RB target here) and Roddy White are too. I know Sproles doesn't seem like a strong long-term selection at 29 years of age, but I don't think the over-30 "rules" apply to him since he sees about a third of the carries that a regular back does and doesn't ever really take a hard hit. He has no durability concerns and is as quick and elusive as he ever has been.

I'm going to take the next hour or so to think about these two picks and let you know what direction I decided on.

any two of these 3 would be excellent choices. Personally i think i would take Sproles and White but I understand age concerns might have you leaning Wallace. I like the idea of having Murray and Sproles in your backfield in PPR. And you can start up to 3 RB. WR is deep enough that there should be something decent left at the 5/6 turn.

White/Wallace wouldnt be bad either although honestly i don't like Wallace all that much more than I like guys like Bowe or Harvin and theres always the stevie johnson, antonio brown types ... miles austin.... too many good WR's that i have to believe something will be there for you later.

WhiteWonder, I gave your reply some serious thought, but ultimately went Sproles-Wallace. Wallace is the youngest of the WR1s remaining and more than just a deep threat about ready to enter his prime. I'm stoked I have the top two pass catchers in NO (Graham, Sproles), a high-upside, low-end RB1 in Murray and now a mid-level WR1.

On a separate note, I got a good laugh from DLF this morning expressing utter shock on their running draft blog regarding the Murray pick, with the inference being that I could have traded back and still got him. The problem: I think my best offer for the pick was something like a 2 and 9 for my 2 (moving down 10 spots).

Anyway, hoping for QB and best value at the next turn with a trade up a possibility.

On a separate note, I got a good laugh from DLF this morning expressing utter shock on their running draft blog regarding the Murray pick, with the inference being that I could have traded back and still got him.

Was reading that article last night and was going to give you the heads up.. :shocking:

For some reason I am not a big fan of Demarco Murray. Obviously he is talented and plays in a very good offense, but I have a hard time really liking a guy with 7 career starts and 2 career TD's. He also is a guy who had leg injuries at Oklahoma and he obviously broke his ankle last year. In terms of ceiling, I like McFadden better, but he has the same injury concerns. I might of just gone Matt Forte there as I think he is the safest pick in PPR. I also think Jamaal Charles was a steal in the middle of the 3rd round and may have even considered him with the pick. I think Charles is a top 2-3 talent in the league at the RB position. If not for the fluke knee injury last year, he's a top 6-7 pick in this league I assume. He's the same age and I don't really think he's THAT much more of a risk than Murray or McFadden. Long term I'd probably even prefer Charles. But obviously I love Jamaal Charles so I may be blinded by that. :dunno: The end of the first round is a very tough spot to be in for redrafts and startup drafts. Lot of question marks at RB.

Was Percy Harvin a consideration over Mike Wallace? I'm kind of shocked Percy is still available in the 4th round of a PPR dynasty startup. Harvin is slightly younger than Wallace and outscored him by 20 points in PPR leagues last year. Wallace obviously is very talented and a good pick, but I just don't think he is ever going to be a high volume pass catcher. I think Antonio Brown will continue to see more targets than Wallace. Harvin had 87 catches last year and the Vikings seem committed to getting the ball in his hands. If Harvin ever leaves Minnesota and lands with a better QB situation, his ceiling could go even higher.

LOVE the Jimmy Graham pick obviously. Top TE for a long time in my opinion (at least as long as Brees is there). Also like the Sproles pick where you got him and agree that his age would not be as much a concern as it would be with a "normal" RB. Overall I don't dislike any of your picks, just might of gone a different direction on Murray/Wallace. Although Wallace/Harvin is almost a toss up to me and both very good value at that spot. Some of the other picks in this draft have definitely been surprising though (Stafford, RG3, Dez, Martin).

WhiteWonder, I gave your reply some serious thought, but ultimately went Sproles-Wallace. Wallace is the youngest of the WR1s remaining and more than just a deep threat about ready to enter his prime. I'm stoked I have the top two pass catchers in NO (Graham, Sproles), a high-upside, low-end RB1 in Murray and now a mid-level WR1.

On a separate note, I got a good laugh from DLF this morning expressing utter shock on their running draft blog regarding the Murray pick, with the inference being that I could have traded back and still got him. The problem: I think my best offer for the pick was something like a 2 and 9 for my 2 (moving down 10 spots).

Anyway, hoping for QB and best value at the next turn with a trade up a possibility.

with this scoring and the top passers already being gone I would probably not look at QB until the 7/8 turn to be honest.

unless ofcourse there is someone you expect to be close to the Brees/Brady/Stafford clumping.

eli, romo, ryan, cutler, rivers are all good choices. and with rodgers, brady, brees, stafford, cam and rg3 off the board, thats 6 teams who already have their QB and Vick is still there as well.

for what its worth, dynasty league football is owning this draft

Mathews, Fitzgerald, Cruz and Roddy? :blink:

Agreed. Mathews at 8 is a few spots later than expected. Fitz at 15 is good value if you ask me, and then Roddy in the 4th round is an absolute steal. Cruz seems about right in the middle of the 3rd.

I like the players that FF Xtreme has (Rice, Newton, McFadden), but the premium he paid for Newton is far too much in my opinion. A 3rd and 4th rounder to get Newton is a lot in a league that doesn't score QB's very heavily. If he used that pick on Jimmy Graham, and has a core of Rice, Graham, McFadden; I'd like his draft A LOT.

For some reason I am not a big fan of Demarco Murray. Obviously he is talented and plays in a very good offense, but I have a hard time really liking a guy with 7 career starts and 2 career TD's. He also is a guy who had leg injuries at Oklahoma and he obviously broke his ankle last year. In terms of ceiling, I like McFadden better, but he has the same injury concerns. I might of just gone Matt Forte there as I think he is the safest pick in PPR. I also think Jamaal Charles was a steal in the middle of the 3rd round and may have even considered him with the pick. I think Charles is a top 2-3 talent in the league at the RB position. If not for the fluke knee injury last year, he's a top 6-7 pick in this league I assume. He's the same age and I don't really think he's THAT much more of a risk than Murray or McFadden. Long term I'd probably even prefer Charles. But obviously I love Jamaal Charles so I may be blinded by that. :dunno: The end of the first round is a very tough spot to be in for redrafts and startup drafts. Lot of question marks at RB.

Was Percy Harvin a consideration over Mike Wallace? I'm kind of shocked Percy is still available in the 4th round of a PPR dynasty startup. Harvin is slightly younger than Wallace and outscored him by 20 points in PPR leagues last year. Wallace obviously is very talented and a good pick, but I just don't think he is ever going to be a high volume pass catcher. I think Antonio Brown will continue to see more targets than Wallace. Harvin had 87 catches last year and the Vikings seem committed to getting the ball in his hands. If Harvin ever leaves Minnesota and lands with a better QB situation, his ceiling could go even higher.

LOVE the Jimmy Graham pick obviously. Top TE for a long time in my opinion (at least as long as Brees is there). Also like the Sproles pick where you got him and agree that his age would not be as much a concern as it would be with a "normal" RB. Overall I don't dislike any of your picks, just might of gone a different direction on Murray/Wallace. Although Wallace/Harvin is almost a toss up to me and both very good value at that spot. Some of the other picks in this draft have definitely been surprising though (Stafford, RG3, Dez, Martin).

In a statement that may surprise some: while I hope to win this year, my goal is to build a team that is a dynasty and hits its stride starting next year. While it isn't as bad as I thought it might be, the #12 pick this year isn't exactly one that is dripping with elite options that allow me to enter a win-now mindset. I'll get it to that point, but now has to be about securing as much young special talent as possible.

No worries about not being a Murray fan. As I said earlier, he was the least of all the evils remaining on the board and my bet for being the most likely RB to join the ranks of the elite. Let's remember at this time last year that Ryan Mathews was an injury-prone running back who just failed his conditioning test. He's still "injury prone", but people are buying him anyway mostly b/c he will be featured. It's not really a much different story for Murray. There's no doubt about it: Murray does have an injury history, but he did play 50 games while at Oklahoma. He also caught 71 passes in his final year in school. And let's face it: the track record of RBs who ran for more than 250 yards in a NFL game is pretty good :lol:

Back to who I was considering at each pick.

2.1, it was Murray/D-Mac/Forte, in that order. Yes, even Charles and AP were considerations, but I couldn't convince myself to build the foundation of my team on a 27-year-old back that did more than just tear his ACL or a 25-year-old speedster who did just tear his ACL but has a back in Hillis that could be a big drain on his value. I would have taken Charles over Sproles, however.

D-Mac seems to be the consensus of the board, but he's 4-for-4 in missing at least three games a season and switching to an offense he didn't have success in the first time he was in it. (To be fair, the 3-headed committee and poor receivers didn't help him out there at all.) As for Forte, I agree he's safe, but he's not a better bet than Murray to score TDs; in fact, he's probably a worse bet. Forte will be losing a number of touches to Bush and will also be changing offenses. While he is one of the best receiving backs in the league, I'm not sure that will be reflected at the end of the this year when you compare Murray and Forte's receiving numbers. And although it may be a very small thing, I think Dallas has made some improvements Dallas on the o-line, includng new OL coach Bill Callahan. Murray also has the backfield mostly to himself. Yes, Felix will catch some passes, but he's not going to be a thorn in the side of Murray like Bush will be to Forte.

3.12 Sproles seems to be a universally-liked pick. Again, the focus is on young and/or special talent with no one threatening his job. If anything, Sproles' job description could expand this year as OC Pete Carmichael was probably more pass-happy than Sean Payton last year.

4.1 Wallace over White and then Harvin. Again, a young special talent. Probably splitting hairs here, but ultimately I'll take the younger receiver. There's also little doubt in my mind that Julio Jones will overtake White at some point over the next 1-2 years. I don't think you'll find the same being said about Antonio Brown overtaking Wallace. Wallace has delivered consecutive top-10 fantasy finishes at WR. The emergence of Brown should, in theory, get teams to take off their bracket coverage of him. I've hitched my redraft wagon to Harvin each of the last two years, so I obviously like the guy. What I don't like is he comea attached to the worst OC since John Shoop (Bill Musgrave) and the Vikings' move to more two-TE sets, which may rob Harvin of his ability to work the slot - where he excels the most.

"Owning" is a bit strong, but he's certainly nailed the value that has been available to him at each pick. I imagine I would have drafted the same players at each spot if I had his pick in the draft.

with this scoring and the top passers already being gone I would probably not look at QB until the 7/8 turn to be honest.

unless ofcourse there is someone you expect to be close to the Brees/Brady/Stafford clumping.

eli, romo, ryan, cutler, rivers are all good choices. and with rodgers, brady, brees, stafford, cam and rg3 off the board, thats 6 teams who already have their QB and Vick is still there as well.

Yes, there is a player from that group I expect to be relatively close to the three QBs you mentioned. FWIW, I also have a standing offer to trade Murray for a 4, 5, 6 and 10 pick. I don't think I'll do it, but it's a lot to turn down with all the receiving talent available. But I'm more convinced by the day that if Murray stays healthy (again, a big if), he's my best bet to become the next elite fantasy back. And let's face it, even though Sproles produced like a RB1 last year doesn't mean I want him to be my RB1...

Thanks for the feedback. As I said and you seem to agree, that 12th pick is a tough spot in any format this year. I can't strongly argue against Murray there. I would of probably went elsewhere but that's just a gut feeling thing.

As for Mike Wallace:

From Week 7 on (11 games including playoffs), which seemed like the point Antonio Brown emerged in the offense:

Antonio Brown: 92 targets, 56 receptions, 916 yards

Mike Wallace: 80 targets, 42 receptions, 607 yards

This is what concerns me with Mike Wallace. Big Ben seemed much more comfortable targetting Brown last season. I think I'd much rather get Antonio Brown a few rounds after Wallace in PPR leagues. It's also why I like Harvin better because he is the clear #1 target for the Vikings. Bill Musgrave at OC is a little bit concerning though. Very valid point.

Thanks for the feedback. As I said and you seem to agree, that 12th pick is a tough spot in any format this year. I can't strongly argue against Murray there. I would of probably went elsewhere but that's just a gut feeling thing.

As for Mike Wallace:

From Week 7 on (11 games including playoffs), which seemed like the point Antonio Brown emerged in the offense:

Antonio Brown: 92 targets, 56 receptions, 916 yards

Mike Wallace: 80 targets, 42 receptions, 607 yards

This is what concerns me with Mike Wallace. Big Ben seemed much more comfortable targetting Brown last season. I think I'd much rather get Antonio Brown a few rounds after Wallace in PPR leagues. It's also why I like Harvin better because he is the clear #1 target for the Vikings. Bill Musgrave at OC is a little bit concerning though. Very valid point.

No question Brown came on in the second half, but I think what you have to ask yourself is whether or not Brown emerged more because he improved so much during the course of the season or because Ben started to trust him more. The other thing is which player is the more special talent? My money is on Wallace, who has done nothing but improve his fantasy numbers through three seasons and could be in for another increase this year if defenses start coming off of him a bit and give Brown more attention. Wallace has already proven he can beat coverage designed to stop him...

In the end, however, all these players have warts if you are willing to be critical enough. Maybe I land Brown at the next turn and it all becomes moot :P

Yes, there is a player from that group I expect to be relatively close to the three QBs you mentioned. FWIW, I also have a standing offer to trade Murray for a 4, 5, 6 and 10 pick. I don't think I'll do it, but it's a lot to turn down with all the receiving talent available. But I'm more convinced by the day that if Murray stays healthy (again, a big if), he's my best bet to become the next elite fantasy back. And let's face it, even though Sproles produced like a RB1 last year doesn't mean I want him to be my RB1...

I don't often requote myself, but four picks over the next 15 selections looks awful good to me. Ask yourself, would you trade Murray for Lynch/S.Jaz/Bradshaw and a top WR2 or Hernandez? I'll be honest, I really don't need another TE like Hernandez, but I'm intrigued by having that kind of trade chip in my pocket while also using him as a flex in the meantime.

I don't often requote myself, but four picks over the next 15 selections looks awful good to me. Ask yourself, would you trade Murray for Lynch/S.Jaz/Bradshaw and a top WR2 or Hernandez? I'll be honest, I really don't need another TE like Hernandez, but I'm intrigued by having that kind of trade chip in my pocket while also using him as a flex in the meantime.

Um yeah. Do it. You mean SJax? That is a killer deal for a RB with as many injury concerns as any RB in the league. I bet you get a WR1 if you draft the right one.

I would do that trade in a heartbeat. But I already gave my opinions on Murray. That's just so much value in return for a guy who I think is hardly a sure thing.

I would do that trade in a heartbeat. But I already gave my opinions on Murray. That's just so much value in return for a guy who I think is hardly a sure thing.

I subscribe to the dynasty/keeper league belief that I make deals to collect championships; I don't make deals to hand other people championships. I know we can't say that about a draft that is four rounds old, but I really don't like the idea of Draft Calc having Foster/Nicks/Brady/Murray just because I couldn't wait for 1-2 months on Murray. If I'm right on Murray and he's the next elite back, I will have dealt (let's say the next Ryan Mathews) for a WR2 and an aging or declining RB. The thought of using SJax, Bradshaw or Lynch (who Draft Calc nabbed) as my RB1 scares me in a dynasty league when I'm trying to build a young roster. All three could realistically see their touchs cut substantially by 2013. Felix is a free agent at the end of the year and I don't see anyone else in the Dallas pipeline that has near the talent Murray does.

I subscribe to the dynasty/keeper league belief that I make deals to collect championships; I don't make deals to hand other people championships. I know we can't say that about a draft that is four rounds old, but I really don't like the idea of Draft Calc having Foster/Nicks/Brady/Murray just because I couldn't wait for 1-2 months on Murray. If I'm right on Murray and he's the next elite back, I will have dealt (let's say the next Ryan Mathews) for a WR2 and an aging or declining RB. The thought of using SJax, Bradshaw or Lynch (who Draft Calc nabbed) as my RB1 scares me in a dynasty league when I'm trying to build a young roster. All three could realistically see their touchs cut substantially by 2013. Felix is a free agent at the end of the year and I don't see anyone else in the Dallas pipeline that has near the talent Murray does.

It looks like Draftcalc just traded his 6th and 7th for a 5th and 24th, so this all may be moot? But originally you'd be trading 2.01 (Murray) for 4.11 (Marshawn Lynch), 5.02, 6.11, and 10.11? Is that correct? Still seems like a lot in return for Murray. You could of really created a deep, balanced team and had the ability to take some fliers/sleepers a little sooner. Obviously if Murray is the next elite RB that you think he is, the trade probably doesn't work out for you. But we differ on Murray so I understand your hesitation. I probably would of grabbed one RB (Lynch or Bradshaw) and then loaded up on WR's/TE's (Bowe, S.Johnson, A.Hernandez, A.Brown, E.Decker, etc.).

Draftcalc would be pretty strong with a top 4 of Foster, Nicks, Brady, and Murray. But he wouldn't have picked again til 7.02, 8.11, 9.02, 11.02; so his team would be quite a collection of stars and scrubs. :dunno:

if i could get Lynch or Bradshaw plus Hernandez and a WR like Stevie J i would snap that deal up

if i could get Lynch or Bradshaw plus Hernandez and a WR like Stevie J i would snap that deal up

It would have been one of Lynch/Bradshaw and one of Hernandez/Steve Johnson in all likelihood. Honestly, there is still so much more talent on the board than I expected at this point I may just be happy to see what falls to me at the turn. I don't know if it is b/c it is my first draft of the season or not, but I couldn't be much happier through four picks at the 12 spot than I am.