Sign in to follow this  
Borat33

I'm Benching Montee Ball for _____________

Why Montee Ball isn't a bust RB!

Remember he didn't get reps with the starters in the preseason - so his first real action came week 1. I think after the bye week he will start performing like the RB you drafted.

Week 1: First action - bad yards/carry but punched in a TD (this is a star week if his name was Lacy)

Week 2: Played well 15 touches for 89 total yards.

Week 3: Not great numbers, but it was against a top notch run defense.

Granted week 4 is a tough matchup - but coming off the bye week I'm not sure there are better options. I could see him putting up low yardage totals but punch in a TD.

Just my two cents

• Like 1

Well thats a no brainer.

Are you looking for confirmation that people are starting a player over ball that happens to be on your bench?

Are you looking for confirmation that people are starting a player over ball that happens to be on your bench?

Not at all. Just wanted to see what kind of guys people will start over him.

Why Montee Ball isn't a bust RB!

Remember he didn't get reps with the starters in the preseason - so his first real action came week 1. I think after the bye week he will start performing like the RB you drafted.

Week 1: First action - bad yards/carry but punched in a TD (this is a star week if his name was Lacy)

Week 2: Played well 15 touches for 89 total yards.

Week 3: Not great numbers, but it was against a top notch run defense.

Granted week 4 is a tough matchup - but coming off the bye week I'm not sure there are better options. I could see him putting up low yardage totals but punch in a TD.

Just my two cents

I'm sticking with him. Denver is still giving him 20 or more carries a game, he's a better pure runner than Moreno was, so hope he'll break loose soon.

I'm sticking with him. Denver is still giving him 20 or more carries a game, he's a better pure runner than Moreno was, so hope he'll break loose soon.

Is he? Moreno looked good running the ball last year. Ball hasnt looked good yet.

Is he? Moreno looked good running the ball last year. Ball hasnt looked good yet.

Not all of it is on the RB, I've watched every Denver snap this year and the Run Blocking hasn't been great. He's often got nowhere to go with the ball and gets snuffed. Den need to start running more draw plays and play action to keep defenses on their toes.

I don't see a better viable option for my case right now anyway. Ball's value is about as low as it's gonna get, so no one is going to trade for him. I have Knile Davis, but with JC back, he really becomes a TD dependant RB3 flex play at best.

I'm gonna stick with him, maybe they worked on the run issue on the bye week.

Wow yeah balls upcoming sched is brutal. Maybe he is droppable...

He's not droppable at all. Still a starting RB in one of the best passing offenses in the league, has value in any league. Hasn't hit paydirt often yet, but I suspect he'll produce better numbers.

Not all of it is on the RB, I've watched every Denver snap this year and the Run Blocking hasn't been great. He's often got nowhere to go with the ball and gets snuffed. Den need to start running more draw plays and play action to keep defenses on their toes.

I agree, he's generally getting hit before he even gets to the LOS.

• Like 1

Wow yeah balls upcoming sched is brutal. Maybe he is droppable...

You say dumber and dumber things with each passing day

I'm sitting him this week, and instead playing: M. Asiata and A. Ellington.

I'm also sitting E. Lacy (grrrrrrr) and "2-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust" Donald Brown.

You say dumber and dumber things with each passing day

Fock off. I was joking. I would say the serious things i put on this site have merit and good thought. Maybe you should read some of the drivel that comes from your finger tips.

Did you read the title? Of course that's what this thread is for.

Fock off. I was joking. I would say the serious things i put on this site have merit and good thought. Maybe you should read some of the drivel that comes from your finger tips.

No one is going to agree and like everything people post of this site. Frozen and Pooh both have made many valid points on this site. No one is right all of the time they makes mistakes as we all do.

• Like 1

Moreno had a much easier schedule last year, AFC South and the NFC East, than what Ball and the Broncos face this year. I was surprised though at how well Moreno ran in the 'phins 1st game this year, or maybe it was the Pats D that helped.

I'm sorry :( guess my sarcasm meter was broke