Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

15% of women at UT Austin say they have been raped

So the question is. Do you believe this to be true? Or is it something else?

The article doesn't define what was qualified as rape.

I know when I went to MSU I never knew of a rape. Never had a friend that I believe raped a girl. Never heard of one happening. Of course it did but what the fock is going on?

If by "raped" they mean "drank too much and made a poor decision which they regretted the next day," then yeah, 15% seems about right. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

85% haven't. Im a glass half full kinda guy.

Didn't some feminazi recently say that not wanting to fock an ugly gal is the same as rape? Can't recall the details.

Maybe that is skewing results?

So the question is. Do you believe this to be true? Or is it something else?

The article doesn't define what was qualified as rape.

I know when I went to MSU I never knew of a rape. Never had a friend that I believe raped a girl. Never heard of one happening. Of course it did but what the fock is going on?

my local aware shelter for battered women shared a meme that said this. And I you not.

Jack had too many and got drunk. Jill had to many and got drunk. They had sex. Jack was arrested for rape. If she's drunk. She can't consent.

This is not a joke. This is real life here.

I think that being sexually​ assaulted is the cause of the day. You see these women come out with claims that they were raped and are coming forward now. But don't want to name their rapist. He's just...High up. . Basically these girls are part of mass Hysteria.

If by "raped" they mean "drank too much and made a poor decision which they regretted the next day," then yeah, 15% seems about right. :thumbsup:

By that definition it may be too low.

my local aware shelter for battered women shared a meme that said this. And I ###### you not.

Jack had too many and got drunk. Jill had to many and got drunk. They had sex. Jack was arrested for rape. If she's drunk. She can't consent.

I think that being sexually​ assaulted is the cause of the day. You see these women come out with claims that they were raped and are coming forward now. But don't want to name their rapist. He's just...High up. . Basically these girls are part of mass Hysteria.

And this is what sucks. I'm a protect people kinda guy and I believe that of course there are true legit sexual assaults happening and that sucks.

But are these stats inflated by crap like this and is that possible fact making me less inclined to care?

Ugh

Chances are that you know women who have been raped, you just don't know about it.

100% true. I can't deny that

I've said this before.

It used to be you see a girl you like at a party. Maybe you have a couple drinks to get up the nerve to talk to her.

You seem to be hitting it off. You're both feeling good from the liquid courage.

You move in for a kiss.

She can either kiss back or push you away.

Maybe you go for a feel and she slaps your hand away--or she allows it. Either way You get the message. She let you know what's allowed. No real harm. That's how it would go. But now...that kiss and possible grope is classified as sexual assualt.

I feel so sorry for horny college kids nowadays. You basically gotta get a focking written waiver signed in advance.

Lame

• Like 1

oh course you do its part of the leftist agenda, I am sure you believe 1 in 5

Rapists and creeps hate that stat.

What's the Muslim population of the student body? It's a Rapey culture that Islam.

my local aware shelter for battered women shared a meme that said this. And I ###### you not.

If he was drunk too why wasn't she arrested for rape? How did he consent?

If he was drunk too why wasn't she arrested for rape? How did he consent?

ohhhh nooooo. You don't get to bring that up. Or they ban you from their page.

They are counting the times they got drunk and don't remember. So no, that's not accurate.

They are also counting times where they got drunk but regret it the day after. The truth is the number is MUCH lower.

I found it to be total bullsh1t that a girl can regret having sex with a guy and then say they were raped. Happened to a couple people I knew in the Air Force. One of the girls was married and cheated on her husband. He said if she cheats again they were over. Well she did, he found out, so she said she was raped. Got the guy in my unit kicked out for it.

They are also counting times where they got drunk but regret it the day after. The truth is the number is MUCH lower.

I found it to be total bullsh1t that a girl can regret having sex with a guy and then say they were raped. Happened to a couple people I knew in the Air Force. One of the girls was married and cheated on her husband. He said if she cheats again they were over. Well she did, he found out, so she said she was raped. Got the guy in my unit kicked out for it.

Ah yea good point. "Hmm, admit I'm a huge slut or say I was raped (but not press charges) and get a truckload of sympathy from everyone..."

That number is pretty consistent with national numbers. Im surprised its not higher.

I know there are liars but not enough to skew the numbers that much.

Did you point out both should be arrested in their scenario?

• Like 1

Did you point out both should be arrested in their scenario?

I did. They tried to debate me but came away still looking stupid. So the banned me. Which is super stupid because I actually donated to them each year. Till that point.
  • Like 1

there was a rape on my campus my freshman year. girl who left a party i had been at.

it really was just a case of the above. She regretted her drunken decision in the morning and claimed rape. the Frat was shut down for over a year

A woman would never cry fake rape. Just ask Brian banks

A woman would never cry fake rape. Just ask Brian banks

And they actually rape and get away with it....ask Brock turner.

Happens...but 15% is sadly probably pretty accurate.

yah you know the one that has been proved to be fraudulent by the DOJ

Okay Chester.

Okay Chester.

You are so lost in order for 1 in 5 women to be raped in there lifetime it would take over 600 years and that's being lenient. The doj reported 90k cases of rape last year and studies show only 40% of rapes are reported. (Poll). So if there are 300k rapes a year very lenient round up. That would take 600 years

Liberals aren't know for being good at math. So I will help you where I can

You are so lost in order for 1 in 5 women to be raped in there lifetime it would take over 600 years and that's being lenient. The doj reported 90k cases of rape last year and studies show only 40% of rapes are reported. (Poll). So if there are 300k rapes a year very lenient round up. That would take 600 years

Liberals aren't know for being good at math. So I will help you where I can

1 in 5 STUDENTS. Not every girl goes off to a university.

1 in 5 stat has been around a long time. Just read that study where this was pulled...pretty comprehensive study. Dont see much wrong with it.

1 in 5 STUDENTS. Not every girl goes off to a university.

1 in 5 stat has been around a long time. Just read that study where this was pulled...pretty comprehensive study. Dont see much wrong with it.

here lets just cut to the chase

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/no-1-in-5-women-have-not-been-raped-on-college-campuses/article/2551980

http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/04/11/1-5-women-raped-college-even-close.-2/

also people who believe in the 1 in 5 stat, probably also believe in the 77% less pay for wimens

heres some more

http://time.com/3222543/wage-pay-gap-myth-feminism/

here lets just cut to the chase

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/no-1-in-5-women-have-not-been-raped-on-college-campuses/article/2551980

http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/04/11/1-5-women-raped-college-even-close.-2/

also people who believe in the 1 in 5 stat, probably also believe in the 77% less pay for wimens

heres some more

http://time.com/3222543/wage-pay-gap-myth-feminism/

So in other words we have comprehensive studies. Multiple studies in fact that have been around for a good long time. But you post three opinion pieces?

Yeah I think I'm going to go with the comprehensive studies.

https://news.utexas.edu/2011/09/16/student_enrollment11

Trump was right!

what? :mellow:

https://news.utexas.edu/2011/09/16/student_enrollment11

Trump was right!

what? :mellow:

It's pretty true. Mexicans were all over the place in San Antonio. Austin was no different. Plus Mexicans get into college easier and get scholarships easier than whites do. They are the "minority" yet outnumber the other races easily around there. Though I will say that University of Texas in Austin had some hot ass girls there

Pretty much what's been expressed I mostly believe.

The danger here is lowering the bar / broadening the definition of 'rape' so much that it loses its meaning - and true victims - as well as the unjustly accused - get lost in the cacophony.

I definitely believe in the drink/regret/blame thing.

It's always pissed me off that if a girl shows bad judgement - it's the guy's fault.

If the guy does? It's the guy's fault.

The worst part is, even if you had a lawyer, a contract and a friggin notary there, some girls would still blame booze, their home life, intimidation, insecurity, global warming - whatever.

Or, more succinctly:

Women want equality in everything but accountability.

The danger here is lowering the bar / broadening the definition of 'rape' so much that it loses its meaning - and true victims - as well as the unjustly accused - get lost in the cacophony.

It's always pissed me off that if a girl shows bad judgement - it's the guy's fault.

The worst part is, even if you had a lawyer, a contract and a friggin notary there, some girls would still blame booze, their home life, intimidation, insecurity, global warming - whatever.

Or, more succinctly:

Oh some women are trying to broaden the definition of rape. Such as posting naked photos of the girl or sending them to other people. In some women's minds those girls have been "raped" because their photos were shared without their consent (I sh1t you not there were women discussing this and believing this)

Or, more succinctly:

Might have something to do with the fact if things go too far we have the physical ability to stop it. They don't.

I get what you're saying about the broadening of the term. But even in that broadening it's still a lot of really crappy stuff. I mean we've all been there....you know when you could cross a line. I dont think the stat is wrong, and not sure why we are minimizing OUR role as well.