Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

'Multiple fatalities' in Orlando shooting, officials say

Studies and the ruling are mutually exclusive.

We could all agree that the 2nd allows for personal protection through firearms, but also that the line should be drawn in a different place to what we have now where semi-auto is legal.

With studies and recommendations, we could have firearms that could only be used by their owners, maybe alternative non-lethal protection options, etc.

It's a waste of money to have a study. Even if the evidence shows the obvious that yes more guns = more gun related deaths (duh) it isn't worth taking them away and putting the long term safety of our nation at risk. It is a sacrifice. Liberals don't understand that way of thinking so the right has to combat them with BS facts. You either get it or you don't, as I said earlier.

Studies and the ruling are mutually exclusive.

We could all agree... that the line should be drawn in a different place to what we have now where semi-auto is legal.

Not gonna happen. We already drew the line.

China...CC guys aren't stopping that type of army or the firepower they have.

Won't ever happen, but don't be so sure of the outcome. This country was started by gun lovers who defeated the most powerful military force on the planet...twice. And our gun loving enemies in the ME aren't doing such a bad job against us. Citizen firepower cannot be underestimated.

Won't ever happen, but don't be so sure of the outcome. This country was started by gun lovers who defeated the most powerful military force on the planet...twice. And our gun loving enemies in the ME aren't doing such a bad job against us. Citizen firepower cannot be underestimated.

Comparing now to back then is ridiculously stupid.

And invading army is t likely going to follow any rules of engagement or worry about war crimes.

They'd be bombing the fock out of us. And they have more than cannons and muskets.

And invading army is t likely going to follow any rules of engagement or worry about war crimes.

They'd be bombing the fock out of us. And they have more than cannons and muskets.

Well thankfully as of right now citizens are able to own firearms more powerful than just handguns. As long as your side doesn't fock it up.

Do you suggest we all go run and hide in the basement like you and wait for things to blow over?

Well thankfully as of right now citizens are able to own firearms more powerful than just handguns. As long as your side doesn't fock it up.

Do you suggest we all go run and hide in the basement like you and wait for things to blow over?

Who suggested that?

A. China isn't invading any time soon.

B. Their reasoning is not because they are worried about the concealed carry guys. They are worried about our bad ass military...not Ted Nugent and 90sbaby who talks tough on the internet.

Who suggested that?

A. China isn't invading any time soon.

B. Their reasoning is not because they are worried about the concealed carry guys. They are worried about our bad ass military...not Ted Nugent and 90sbaby who talks tough on the internet.

It's going to take a few years to get our military back to bad ass level. The last 8 years of low moral and social engineering took a toll. Like the transgender BS and women in combat.

It's going to take a few years to get our military back to bad ass level. The last 8 years of low moral and social engineering took a toll. Like the transgender BS and women in combat.

Don't tell baby that women can't do combat. I think they comprise a fair portion of his CC army. Not that aunt Gladys with her .22 wouldn't scare the crap out of your average infantryman or anything.

This isnt the Middle Ages or braveheart. This isn't even ww2, there won't be a storming of the beaches in San Diego. Thats just not how battles are fought now. There won't be this land invasion of Chinese forces that overpower the military and the day is saved by a band of plucky concealed carry hero civilians. This is frankly a preposterous line of thinking and cringe worthily so.

Ok I'll humor the ridiculousness for fun. You say 11 mil gun owners are going to just be there at one place to rush to the aid of the military and provide an insurmountable backup? That's just not how reality works. There won't be some call to arms where every man with a gun is choppered to the front lines of wherever the hell this fantasy invasion takes place. It's quite literally the silliest line of thinking I might have ever seen on the Internet, let alone the GC. You are awarded no points and may god have mercy on your soul. Zero....point....zero.

• Like 1

RP thinks our military isn't bad ass...he believes that obama crap Trump spews.

When Trump wasn't pimping what tech we have before he caught himself and had to get back to his talking points after the bombing of that airport.

This isnt the Middle Ages or braveheart. This isn't even ww2, there won't be a storming of the beaches in San Diego. Thats just not how battles are fought now. There won't be this land invasion of Chinese forces that overpower the military and the day is saved by a band of plucky concealed carry hero civilians. This is frankly a preposterous line of thinking and cringe worthily so.

Ok I'll humor the ridiculousness for fun. You say 11 mil gun owners are going to just be there at one place to rush to the aid of the military and provide an insurmountable backup? That's just not how reality works. There won't be some call to arms where every man with a gun is choppered to the front lines of wherever the hell this fantasy invasion takes place. It's quite literally the silliest line of thinking I might have ever seen on the Internet, let alone the GC. You are awarded no points and may god have mercy on your soul. Zero....point....zero.

You saw the Bundy Ranch standoff right? That was against our own government, imagine if it was foreign.

RP thinks our military isn't bad ass...he believes that obama crap Trump spews.

When Trump wasn't pimping what tech we have before he caught himself and had to get back to his talking points after the bombing of that airport.

I'm not talking about our weapons. They are bad ass. Except for our Navy, that Obama let fall behind. I'm talking about the personnel. They've been demoralized by the prior commander in Chiefs efforts to feminize the joint. We have women senators yelling at Marine Generals in public now. That's some bull spit right there.

You saw the Bundy Ranch standoff right? That was against our own government, imagine if it was foreign.

You mean where we just let them sit there for a while and didn't really do anything.

If it was a foreign government...that foreign government wouldn't give a rat's ass or let them sit there and just bomb the absolute fock out of them.

You really are dumb enough to think your guns will save you from some invasion.

You mean where we just let them sit there for a while and didn't really do anything.

And didn't the main guy die?

If it was a foreign government...that foreign government wouldn't give a rat's ass or let them sit there and just bomb the absolute fock out of them.

Obama was full puzz on that one.

And didn't the main guy die?

Can't listen to a guy who was just voted the most uninformed poster on an uninformed forum.

It's a waste of money to have a study. Even if the evidence shows the obvious that yes more guns = more gun related deaths (duh) it isn't worth taking them away and putting the long term safety of our nation at risk. It is a sacrifice. Liberals don't understand that way of thinking so the right has to combat them with BS facts. You either get it or you don't, as I said earlier.

You are jumping to conclusions and making sweeping generalizations.

There are multiple facets of the 2nd:

1) You need to be armed to protect yourself again your own oppressive gov't

2) You should be able to protect yourself and your property against those that want to harm them.

You also seem to think there is a 3rd aspect which is to somehow help out against foreign invaders in some kind of Red Dawn scenario.

Happy to discuss each one separately, as I think there are some merits to each point, but they need to be tempered with rational viewpoints from other sides.

For example, if you think that the 2nd is to protect against our own gov't, then shouldn't we have access to full auto, hand grenades, tanks etc? As it currently stands, one tank brigade could take out any civilian led protest. Somewhere the real prospect of a well regulated militia has been cast aside in favor of untrained individuals with various small arms.

For self defense purposes, we could discuss what is really needed vs. the Purge fantasy that people think they will be taking part in someday.

Or we could take the discussion righ to where it always seems to go, where gun supporters want to be ready to protect their horde of powdered food and gold bars from marauding Road Warrior type barbarians after a financial collapse.

And don't give me the 'you just don't get it' routine, that's a cop out and sounds like a cult defense in place of rational discourse.

Not gonna happen. We already drew the line.

That's a cop out, and a convenient response to just keep the status quo if you like it.

Can't listen to a guy who was just voted the most uninformed poster on an uninformed forum.

When the voters probably align with Trump voters...Im happy to be called uninformed by the biggest group of ignorant idiots out there.

But as usual...you made a dumb point...got called on it...and have nothing to refute what was said.

I should just call you digbyjr.

Well at least he wont have to check the felony box on his next application

When the voters probably align with Trump voters...Im happy to be called uninformed by the biggest group of ignorant idiots out there.

But as usual...you made a dumb point...got called on it...and have nothing to refute what was said.

I should just call you digbyjr.

My father always said never take advice from someone you wouldn't trade places with and I hate basements.

My father always said never take advice from someone you wouldn't trade places with and I hate basements.

Ok Rambo

That's a cop out, and a convenient response to just keep the status quo if you like it.

Maybe I misunderstood your post but I took it to mean we could all agree to outlaw semi-auto weapons. That will never happen.

It's not a cop out, it's a fact. :dunno:

Maybe I misunderstood your post but I took it to mean we could all agree to outlaw semi-auto weapons. That will never happen.

It's not a cop out, it's a fact. :dunno:

Why could that never happen? Of course it could happen.

Or, you could require more stringent training / tests for semi-auto than single fire/bolt action weapons.

I'm just not a fan of close minded thinking in general.

Why could that never happen? Of course it could happen.

Or, you could require more stringent training / tests for semi-auto than single fire/bolt action weapons.

I'm just not a fan of close minded thinking in general.

For starters, I would never agree to it because it's totally unnecessary.

Secondly, if you outlawed them tomorrow and everybody voluntarily turned their's in, how long do you think it would take for the first one to walk its way across the border?

I'm a fan of rational thinking.

You are about the dumbest guy here. Seriously. Get out of the house.

No Army ever won a war without boots on the ground. Proven over and over. 200 years ago, and today. Now if you are talking about annihilation, then none of it matters anyway.

To recap: you are a sheltered boob, and history shows that civilians with guns can prevent an invasion.

You are about the dumbest guy here. Seriously. Get out of the house.

No Army ever won a war without boots on the ground. Proven over and over. 200 years ago, and today. Now if you are talking about annihilation, then none of it matters anyway.

To recap: you are a sheltered boob, and history shows that civilians with guns can prevent an invasion.

History...ancient history shows that.

Current history shows nothing about civilians pushing back any real army that aims to invade.

Do you honestly think China fears Joe Sixpack and his 9mm?

5 Reasons Why The Chinese Military Is WEAKER Than You Think

The greatest military is the civilians? Its a bunch of paranoid clowns with dreams of playing Cowboys and Indians one day but more likely just shooting themselves in the foot or their loved ones? I'll let you clarify the "biggest and greatest military" comment before eviscerating it more. That might not have been what you meant, I don't want to jump the gun.

He will have to get back to you, he is busy jerking off while watching red dawn.

5 Reasons Why The Chinese Military Is WEAKER Than You Think

The reason they are weaker than you think is people.

Honestly... they're morons. And their tech? I'm betting most of it is crap that won't work.

Whenever we see someone doing something incredibly stupid here (happens every ten minutes or so) we just say "that's why you'll never win the war."

I think, taking nukes off the table, we would b!tch slap the Chinese military, on sea and air anyway. On land... well, there are a lot of em. Bring lots of ammo.

For starters, I would never agree to it because it's totally unnecessary.

Secondly, if you outlawed them tomorrow and everybody voluntarily turned their's in, how long do you think it would take for the first one to walk its way across the border?

I'm a fan of rational thinking.

I don't know how your stamp of approval would be required, so not sure the first point is relevant.

As for the influx of illegal weapons from Mexico/Canada, I don't think (and I have not looked so could be wrong) that we have a massive number of full auto weapons here currently.

Even if there were illegal semi-auto arms being trickled in, the overall number could be severely reduced.

Again, I'm not saying we should, or 100% could, just that it is possible and should be discussed as an option.

So the terrorists in London used what upon exiting their van?

You keep your olive branch and I'll keep my guns.

Knives I think. You would rather they had access to Bushmasters?

The U.S. has one of the highest gun homicide rates in the world but that's just the price we pay for Freedom! On the other hand, we have to completely overhaul our judicial system and way of life to deal with a problem (terrorism) that kills fewer people in the U.S. on an annual basis than lightning, swimming pools and bee stings.

LOGIC! :overhead:

I'd rather have the Brits armed and do a better job vetting muslims.

Two points there:

1) I don't agree on the armed thing. If everyone was armed to the teeth, there would have been more civilian deaths that day.

2) On vetting, I'll wait to see the details on these guys. If they were recent immigrants, I agree, there was a problem in their vetting which should be addressed. If they were born there, just visiting, on a Visa of some kind etc then it's not a valid argument.

I don't know how your stamp of approval would be required, so not sure the first point is relevant.

As for the influx of illegal weapons from Mexico/Canada, I don't think (and I have not looked so could be wrong) that we have a massive number of full auto weapons here currently.

Even if there were illegal semi-auto arms being trickled in, the overall number could be severely reduced.

Again, I'm not saying we should, or 100% could, just that it is possible and should be discussed as an option.

Considering your entire premise depends on everybody, myself included, voluntarily turning over our guns, I think my stamp of approval would be required.

Full auto weapons are not illegal in this country. They just cost a lot more and require more documentation to own, legally. There are, however, plenty of illegal, fully automatic weapons on the streets of America.

It's next to impossible to get all of the 300 million guns out of America. It IS impossible to keep them out. And no, it should not be discussed as an option because it isn't one.

It's next to impossible to get all of the 300 million guns out of America. It IS impossible to keep them out. And no, it should not be discussed as an option because it isn't one.

Speaking strictly on the issue of ridding guns - not political stance.............. Is it any easier to round up and deport 11 million illegal immigrants? Not really, yet - it's cornerstone of elections..

A monumental task it would be for sure, but you have to start somewhere - and it would take time... You could offer buy back programs. You could go after ammunition makers and dealers - guns are worth much w/out bullets.. You could make the penalty for gun ownership so sever it would encourage surrender.. You could do all sorts of things... Would you get them all? No, certainly not. But you'd get a big chunk of them, and over time - you'd get more and more.

Considering your entire premise depends on everybody, myself included, voluntarily turning over our guns, I think my stamp of approval would be required.

Full auto weapons are not illegal in this country. They just cost a lot more and require more documentation to own, legally. There are, however, plenty of illegal, fully automatic weapons on the streets of America.

America would violently turn on the government in the matter of hours. Cops and military wouldn't support them anymore at that point. Most police officers and military heavily support the Second Amendment and they are the ones that have to deal with this on a daily basis.

• Like 1

Speaking strictly on the issue of ridding guns - not political stance.............. Is it any easier to round up and deport 11 million illegal immigrants? Not really, yet - it's cornerstone of elections..

A monumental task it would be for sure, but you have to start somewhere - and it would take time... You could offer buy back programs. You could go after ammunition makers and dealers - guns are worth much w/out bullets.. You could make the penalty for gun ownership so sever it would encourage surrender.. You could do all sorts of things... Would you get them all? No, certainly not. But you'd get a big chunk of them, and over time - you'd get more and more.

Do people hate you in Texas?