Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Obama White House Knew of Russian Election Hacking, but Delayed Telling

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-white-house-knew-of-russian-election-hacking-but-delayed-telling/ar-BBD0mmX?li=BBnb7Kz

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration feared that acknowledging Russian meddling in the 2016 election would reveal too much about intelligence gathering and be interpreted as “taking sides” in the race, the former secretary of homeland security said Wednesday.

“One of the candidates, as you recall, was predicting that the election was going to be ‘rigged’ in some way,” said Jeh Johnson, the former secretary, referring to President Trump’s unsubstantiated accusation before Election Day. “We were concerned that by making the statement we might, in and of itself, be challenging the integrity of the election process itself.” :doh: :doh:

Unsubstantiated accusation?? It was TRUE. The only reason they didn't bring it out is because they all drank the Kool-aid and believed that Hillary has it sewn up. They bring it out after she loses...and the lefties are going to believe this crap, " we might, in and of itself, be challenging the integrity of the election process itself.” They wouldn't have mentioned a tainted election had Hillary won. :thumbsdown:

GOWDY: Director Johnson, I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I do think it's important. The last time you and I talked, I wasn't 100 percent sure, but I've since had it confirmed -- the DNC never turned the server over to law enforcement.

So twice now you have said that you could have camped out in front of the DNC, and I would say, in defense of you, it wouldn't have made any difference if you had, because they weren't going to give you the server.

So if you're investigating, either from law enforcement or from an intelligence standpoint, the hacking by foreign, hostile government, wouldn't you want the server? Wouldn't that help you, number one, identify who -- who the attacker was?

And if memory serves me, this was early in the summer of 2016 when we learned of the DNC hack. So if they had turned the server over to either you or Director Comey, maybe we would've known more, and maybe there would've been more for you to report.

So I guess what I'm asking you is, why would the victim of a crime not turn over a server to the intelligence community or to law enforcement?

JOHNSON: I -- I'm not going to argue with you, sir. That was a leading question, and I'll agree to be led.

Finally someone in the oversight gets it. You don't let victims run an investigation especially when our national elections were at risk.

Wait a minute. I thought you guys said this tampering has been happening forever and is no big deal?

And I wouldn't turn the server over to anyone either. Neither would the Republican Party or trumps businesses. Nobody smart would.

Wait a minute. I thought you guys said this tampering has been happening forever and is no big deal?

And I wouldn't turn the server over to anyone either. Neither would the Republican Party or trumps businesses. Nobody smart would.

Why should it be an option whether or not to turn over evidence in a Federal Investigation where our National Election legitimacy is at stake? You cry rape and some cop is going to have a doctor examine the equipment. The server is no different.

As it stands, the DNC hired Crowdstrike who produced a report which was handed to the Feds as the official findings. If that doesn't raise serious questions on the validity of the investigation process, you're not being objective.

Why should it be an option whether or not to turn over evidence in a Federal Investigation where our National Election legitimacy is at stake? You cry rape and some cop is going to have a doctor examine the equipment. The server is no different.

As it stands, the DNC hired Crowdstrike who produced a report which was handed to the Feds as the official findings. If that doesn't raise serious questions on the validity of the investigation process, you're not being objective.

Actually, no. The police do not have the right to perform a rape kit. Nor do they have the right to seize private property unless the victim seeks their assistance. Now, if a woman files rape charges and refuses a rape kit, the DA will likely refuse to bring the case any further.

When I was working for the State Attorney in Florida, that was the #1 reason charges were dropped. Lack of victim cooperation. Happens especially often in domestic cases.

You forget, technically, the two parties are private entities with no governmental connection at all. I personally think that's a joke and should change, but that's how it is.

Actually, no. The police do not have the right to perform a rape kit. Nor do they have the right to seize private property unless the victim seeks their assistance. Now, if a woman files rape charges and refuses a rape kit, the DA will likely refuse to bring the case any further.

When I was working for the State Attorney in Florida, that was the #1 reason charges were dropped. Lack of victim cooperation. Happens especially often in domestic cases.

You forget, technically, the two parties are private entities with no governmental connection at all. I personally think that's a joke and should change, but that's how it is.

Right so no examination, no crime.

Therein lies the serious questions that people including Dems should be asking. Why not let the Feds help prove Russia was involved? Two reasons come to mind. Either the crime didn't occur as it's been alleged or there's evidence of serious criminal activity on it.

Either way, the emails that were released to the public showed the DNC for who they are. The lawsuit by Bernie supporters and the DNC's response 'we don't have to abide by our charter (promise to be unbiased)' should also raise questions by Dems. How anyone considers that a Democratic Process is ludicrous.

Right so no examination, no crime.

Therein lies the serious questions that people including Dems should be asking. Why not let the Feds help prove Russia was involved? Two reasons come to mind. Either the crime didn't occur as it's been alleged or there's evidence of serious criminal activity on it.

Either way, the emails that were released to the public showed the DNC for who they are. The lawsuit by Bernie supporters and the DNC's response 'we don't have to abide by our charter (promise to be unbiased)' should also raise questions by Dems. How anyone considers that a Democratic Process is ludicrous.

I'm not defending the dnc. They are corrupt pieces of sh!t.

Why wouldn't they turn it over? Fear of leaks I imagine. You guys are ways saying how leaky the FBI is. I'm sure all sorts of strategy, donor info, etc. is in there. In addition to much skullduggery and shenanigans I'm sure.

Was a damned if you do, damned if you don't moment. No one would have turned it over, but in the interest in democracy the correct path would have been to do it.

As far as the topic goes, Obama admits they encountered hacking for months and he told them to "cut it out".

GOWDY: Director Johnson, I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I do think it's important. The last time you and I talked, I wasn't 100 percent sure, but I've since had it confirmed -- the DNC never turned the server over to law enforcement.

So twice now you have said that you could have camped out in front of the DNC, and I would say, in defense of you, it wouldn't have made any difference if you had, because they weren't going to give you the server.

So if you're investigating, either from law enforcement or from an intelligence standpoint, the hacking by foreign, hostile government, wouldn't you want the server? Wouldn't that help you, number one, identify who -- who the attacker was?

And if memory serves me, this was early in the summer of 2016 when we learned of the DNC hack. So if they had turned the server over to either you or Director Comey, maybe we would've known more, and maybe there would've been more for you to report.

So I guess what I'm asking you is, why would the victim of a crime not turn over a server to the intelligence community or to law enforcement?

JOHNSON: I -- I'm not going to argue with you, sir. That was a leading question, and I'll agree to be led.

Finally someone in the oversight gets it. You don't let victims run an investigation especially when our national elections were at risk.

They had a focking data copy...it's an idiotic question. They don't need the physical server. You may have also missed where he stated he understood why the DNC may not want the FBI to have access to all of their data.

And you continue to not get that they used metadata to understand where things were uploaded from as well and that this was just one part of the investigation.

Basically, your whining about the server has always been dumb...that you continue to whine about it is just pure idiocy.

The Russians hacked the DNC...they also took other measures to try and affect our election. This isnt theory...it's fact.

The Russians hacked the DNC...they also took other measures to try and affect our election. This isnt theory...it's fact.

And by showing Americans the truth, in the DNCs own type written words, Voters were able to make a more informed decision. Why is this a problem? They didn't spread any lies.

They also tried to hack the RNC but were unsuccessful so the Correct choice was made.

And by showing Americans the truth, in the DNCs own type written words, Voters were able to make a more informed decision. Why is this a problem? They didn't spread any lies.

They also tried to hack the RNC but were unsuccessful so the Correct choice was made.

The IC has actually shown where they did spread lies and fake stories as well as part of their active measures. Seriously, you should try being informed before running your mouth and exposing your ignorance again.

any other bogus talking points to throw out there?

The Feds got what the DNC wanted them to have along with a narrative Crowdstrike submitted paid for by the DNC.

You continue to ignore the facts to post this crap...it's really pathetic.

The IC has actually shown where they did spread lies and fake stories as well as part of their active measures. Seriously, you should try being informed before running your mouth and exposing your ignorance again.

I would like to see those fake emails, please provide a link.

What does this have to do with Trump?

I would like to see those fake emails, please provide a link.

What does this have to do with Trump?

Did I say fake emails? I stated fake stories.

You really should educate yourself.

As for Trump...well, his associates on his campaign were communicating with Russians...including talk about sanctions. They not only failed to disclose those meetings, they also lied about them when asked. In addition several of his campaign have financial ties to some pretty bad hombres in Russia. Since you appear to be very uninformed...you may not know there is an investigation ongoing in Congress as well as a Justice Department appointed Special Counsel to get to the bottom of all of it.

What's really disconcerting is that we apparently have/had a rock solid mole seemingly damn near inside Putin's pocket.

They have Putin himself directing that HRC / Dems get hacked to favor Trump.

(Gee, I wonder why? But for Pete's sake, we definitely want our enemy's first choice for President).

The disconcerting part is WaPo broke this story - and we know what Putin does to his opponents / spies.

You gotta think he's cleaning farking house with a blowtorch right about now.

I sure as hell we got this poor sombiitch outta there. But even if we did, we lost apparently one HELL of an asset.

...and Trump still is kinda wishy washy on whether or not it was the Russians... :doh: :wall:

Turns out Obama and company knew as early as 2014. Trump was still a TV star then I think. Nice job Barry, put it on the pile with your other failures.

• Like 2

What's really disconcerting is that we apparently have/had a rock solid mole seemingly damn near inside Putin's pocket.

(Gee, I wonder why? But for Pete's sake, we definitely want our enemy's first choice for President).

The disconcerting part is WaPo broke this story - and we know what Putin does to his opponents / spies.

I sure as hell we got this poor sombiitch outta there. But even if we did, we lost apparently one HELL of an asset.

...and Trump still is kinda wishy washy on whether or not it was the Russians... :doh: :wall:

what was ?

I would love to see a link to this. I can't just take your word for it.

I'm going to need a link for this to.

Rep. Adam Schiff, the top-ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said Sunday the Obama administration should have done more to counter Russia’s meddling in the U.S. election.

"I think the administration needed to call out Russia earlier, needed to act to deter and punish Russia earlier, and that was a very serious mistake," Schiff, of California, said in a televised interview with CNN.

Rep. Adam Schiff, the top-ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said Sunday the Obama administration should have done more to counter Russia’s meddling in the U.S. election.

"I think the administration needed to call out Russia earlier, needed to act to deter and punish Russia earlier, and that was a very serious mistake," Schiff, of California, said in a televised interview with CNN.

It's pretty funny that with all this hope that trump had collusion with the Russians....the dems will take the fall for how they dealt with the hacking.

Pretty poetic.

Rep. Adam Schiff, the top-ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said Sunday the Obama administration should have done more to counter Russias meddling in the U.S. election.

Down goes Slownuff/Wiffle et al.

I'm going to need a link for this to.

too*

See what happens when you veer away from just copy & paste?

I don't see the spreading of lies and fake stories which is what you said.

What lies and what fake stories were spread about Hillary and the DNC? Link?

I don't see the spreading of lies and fake stories which is what you said.

What lies and what fake stories were spread about Hillary and the DNC? Link?

You didn't read any of those links.

Nor have you read the IC report or listened to any testimony.

I'm not shocked you would ask for a link and not read any of it.

You didn't read any of those links.

Nor have you read the IC report or listened to any testimony.

I'm not shocked you would ask for a link and not read any of it.

So you couldn't find lies or fakes stories either.

What are these lies, I would think someone would know what they are.

Are they a secret, tell me what they are

So you couldn't find lies or fakes stories either.

I linked to them. you could do more research too and see where Trump even spoke of fake stories in some speeches...but you won't read that either will you?

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/11/497520017/trump-apparently-quotes-russian-propaganda-to-slam-clinton-on-benghazi

This isn't to link Trump to it...other than how he fell for fake news from Sputnik and used it in a campaign speech.

Or read the actual report which talks about Russian propaganda used to influence things.

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

And they try and put it on Trump. These are some weak, despicable people.Drag the whole

Country down to serve themselves.

I linked to them. you could do more research too and see where Trump even spoke of fake stories in some speeches...but you won't read that either will you?

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/11/497520017/trump-apparently-quotes-russian-propaganda-to-slam-clinton-on-benghazi

This isn't to link Trump to it...other than how he fell for fake news from Sputnik and used it in a campaign speech.

Or read the actual report which talks about Russian propaganda used to influence things.

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

What are these lies and fake stories? Tell me what they are I don't see them. This should be easy for you

I am beginning to see why you can't hold a job.

What are these lies and fake stories? Tell me what they are I don't see them.

So you don't believe anything that was posted?

I posted an example of the fake things that Trump even used in a speech...you simply won't recognize it...that much is obvious.

Go copy and paste someone else's words to pass off as your own...trying to use your own words doesn't seem to work too well for you.

And they try and put it on Trump. These are some weak, despicable people.Drag the whole

Country down to serve themselves.

It's an investigation. An open investigation. Flynn seems like the most likely target. I hope they get to the bottom of it, regardless of if that implicates Obama, Trump, Hillary, or anyone else. How about you? Seems you guys hate that there's an investigation at all. :dunno:

So you don't believe anything that was posted?

I posted an example of the fake things that Trump even used in a speech...you simply won't recognize it...that much is obvious.

Go copy and paste someone else's words to pass off as your own...trying to use your own words doesn't seem to work too well for you.

What are they? Just name them!

I see no lies or fake stories.

What are they? Just name them!

I see no lies or fake stories.

Because you are a blind hack and either can't read...or refuse to read what has been presented to you.

I sense a major plot twist coming soon. This is all about to blow up in Dem's faces and it is going to be focking epic.

Glad to say I stuck by Trump the entire time. :thumbsup:

It's an investigation. An open investigation. Flynn seems like the most likely target. I hope they get to the bottom of it, regardless of if that implicates Obama, Trump, Hillary, or anyone else. How about you? Seems you guys hate that there's an investigation at all. :dunno:

I hate that Trump is getting the blame when it's Obamas fault, and it stops the President from doing his job, which hurts the country. Obama didn't do his and he skates because his fawning media cover for him.

I sense a major plot twist coming soon. This is all about to blow up in Dem's faces and it is going to be focking epic.

How will it blow up?

We have Trump tweeting admitting the Russians were involved.

Playing it like the leaks. That the story isn't about the information that was leaked or that Russia meddled...the story is that Obama didn't do enough or the story is who leaked it.

The one thing he has proven to be effective at...is keeping his base believing that only what he says is true (despite piles of evidence of his lies)...only he can be believed...only he can fix it.

And you rubes just go along with it.

And if it does, I'll still be glad we had a thorough investigation.

• Like 1