Sign in to follow this  
edjr

#FireDepp

http://www.inquisitr.com/4318526/firedepp-trends-on-twitter-as-outrage-mounts-for-disney-to-fire-an-apologetic-johnny-depp/?utm_content=inf_10_3140_2&source=se&utm_source=se&utm_campaign=se&utm_medium=fb&tse_id=INF_8b2591f05a9d11e790011d41b85aaeb5

If you’ve been on Twitter lately you might have noticed that a movement has sprung up calling for Disney to fire Johnny Depp. Thousands of tweets have come flooding in with the hash tag #FireDepp, demanding that Disney severe their ties with the beleaguered actor after Depp recently made a joke about assassinating President Trump before a large crowd at the Glastonbury music festival in the U.K.
“When was the last time an actor assassinated a president?” Depp asked the crowd during his appearance at the festival on Thursday. Depp then stated that “it has been a while and maybe it is time.” His comment was in reference to the assassination of Abraham Lincoln by John Wilkes Booth, and drew immediate backlash on Twitter and various other social media sites.
Depp has since issued an apology for his remarks, stating that his intention was only “to amuse, never to harm anybody.”
But the apology has done little to assuage the anger of keyboard activists around the web who are collectively trying to pressure Disney into firing Depp. Some have even pointed out that Disney fired the popular YouTuber PewDiePie after the internet sensation made a series of anti-Semitic jokes. Many people have expressed frustration over the fact that Depp should retain his relationship with Disney while PewDiePie lost his.
But many of the tweets calling for Disney to fire Depp highlight another reason why the company should dump the actor. Johnny Depp had been accused of physically assaulting his former wife, Amber Heard, who released images online of her battered face after the alleged attacks. The #FireDepp movement has pointed to these accusations of domestic abuse as another reason for why Disney should give Depp the boot.
Disney and Depp have collaborated on numerous projects over the years, including the mega popular Pirates of the Caribbean franchise in which Depp stars as the Rum-loving pirate, Jack Sparrow.
Should Disney decide to cut the cord on its relationship with Depp, it risks losing out on the popular draw that Depp’s celebrity status brings to his movies. For this reason, Disney may choose to continue collaborating with Depp on future projects, despite the temporary blowback against the star.
But if the company does decide to release Depp in the wake of these anti-Trump comments, its decision would not be without precedence. Comedian Kathy Griffin likewise joked about Trump’s assassination in a photo shoot earlier this year, which lead to her losing a number of sponsorships and jobs.
Disney could choose to bestow Depp with a similar fate as an attempt to distance itself from the actor and his past statements and actions. Doing so would likely boost its own public image. In the meantime, the Twitter storm over Depp continues to rage, as more and more people on the site urge Disney to #FireDepp.

Used to be a yooge fan of Depp.

so he beats and bullies his wife. Fact

Says he wants to kill the president. Fact

Disney doesn't fire him? :thumbsdown: Frauds

I don't care so much that he said he wanted to assassinate Trump, big whoop, we know that's tongue-in-cheek.

but beating and terrorizing his wife was grounds enough for Disney to oust him

I have a problem with celebs getting different treatment than everyone else would, when it comes to a crime.

Maybe any Joe Blow would get treated the same way Depp is for this, but it just seems...I dunno. A normal guy woulda got in more trouble.

Did the Secret Service just say "Okay" and walk away when Depp said "I didn't mean it" ???

I have a problem with celebs getting different treatment than everyone else would, when it comes to a crime.

Maybe any Joe Blow would get treated the same way Depp is for this, but it just seems...I dunno. A normal guy woulda got in more trouble.

Did the Secret Service just say "Okay" and walk away when Depp said "I didn't mean it" ???

I would venture to guess that someone expresses a desire to kill trump several million times a day on the internet. Doubt the secret service is rounding them all up.

In a vacuum, I disagree with people getting fired over making stupid statements.

However, in this day and age with society being what it is, a wife-beater, saying the dumb shiot that he did, should have been gone a long time ago.

Have a bigger problem with him beating his wife than saying something stupid.

This.

This.

or also when I said the same exact thing

If he was just criticizing Trump then fine whatever. Thats his opinion. But when you start saying you want to kill the president THATS a bit different. Plus the wife beater thing is too far as well. Love the characters he portrays but he seems like he is a sh1tty person

Amber Heard is a loon and a gold digging liar. Needs independent third party proof.

Also, nobody cared about her until the Trump comment apparently.

Amber Heard is a loon and a gold digging liar. Needs independent third party proof.

Also, nobody cared about her until the Trump comment apparently.

Let me guess. Depp is a liberal and you love him to the core no matter what?

Let me guess. Depp is a liberal and you love him to the core no matter what?

When did you become such a hack?

When did you become such a hack?

If by hack you mean calling a spade a spade, yes.

He should of been "fired" dog smuggling :lol:

Used to be a yooge fan of Depp.

so he beats and bullies his wife. Fact

Says he wants to kill the president. Fact

Disney doesn't fire him? :thumbsdown: Frauds

I don't care so much that he said he wanted to assassinate Trump, big whoop, we know that's tongue-in-cheek.

but beating and terrorizing his wife was grounds enough for Disney to oust him

same

Twitter. LOL THE place for anger..about anything, everything, all the time.

Guy on the radio here in Boston says it best.

Social media is a sewer

Have a bigger problem with him beating his wife than saying something stupid.

This.

Amber heard is a liar. She used that lie to gain sympathy from morons. Every ex Depp has ever had came out and said he didn't lay a finger on her. What is more likely. He started beating just Amber heard. Or that she is a liar?

I think Depp did this because he is old and is desperate for attention. He saw the attention given to Griffin and he wants it. He's grandpa acting out

Twitter. LOL THE place for anger..about anything, everything, all the time.

I don't even get on twitter. I have one but I don't like it at all. Limited in how much you can type/tweet and the interface sucks. I'd rather log on Facebook to talk with people

I'm in the boat against Amber, she's just exaggerating for attention. Depp was just saying stuff, he's rich and aging and doesn't care.

I'm pretty much going to have to channel Philly on the whole subject of us becoming 1984.

If you do some research, you'll find that 'free speech' really doesn't exist in some of the major

Europe/UK countries. I mean, it is literally ILLEGAL to say certain things (hate speech, etc.)

Like I've said before, we're seeing that on both sides here.

European Journalists have actually been ARRESTED at anti-Trump rallies.

Doesn't get much press - except in the European press / NPR.

On the flip side, we'vegot all these snowflakes who want anyone who ever says anything

they don't like - fired, banished, buried, burned, and deported.

No wonder comedians avoid colleges like the plague.

They're focking words people. As much as I can't stand Kathy Griffin, I also can't stand Alex Jones.

(but but but....) whatever -

Point is, we start deciding who gets jailed, who loses their job, their kids, etc because of simple words - and it's the beginning of the end.

Every other right gets subjugated,/ threatened when we intimidate people's freedom of speech.

No matter how stupid it is.