Tim Tebow

How high do you think he will rank?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think he will fall?

• Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 15
    • Top 20

Alright, I was doing the numbers on this guy and if you look at his last three games of the season...

Week 15 138 PaYDs, 1 Pass Td, 0 int, 8 rushes for 78 yds, 1 RuTD= My leagues scoring 24.7 FFP

Week 16 308 PaYDs, 1 Pass Td, 1 int, 10 rushes for 27 yds, 1 RuTD= My leagues scoring 26.1 FFP

Week 17 205 PaYDs, 2 Pass Td, 2 int, 13 rushes for 94 yds, 1 RuTD= My leagues scoring 29.6 FFP

Now if you were to use those three starts as a basis for the regular season minding the fact that those games were against Oakland (#2 against the pass (189.2yds/game, #11 overall), Houston (#30 overall), and San Diego (#1 against the pass (177.8yds/game, #1 overall in yardage)

I'd say those are pretty fair defenses to estimate his overall numbers over the course of the year...

A rough estimate if Tebow lands the starting job we are looking at At least the top 10, he scored a rushing td in every start he had, now of course teams are going to game plan for him if this is the case as well.. so we'll drop his numbers to more realistic looking numbers but still account for the fact that he is a "Gamer" and he is going to run the ball on average 8-10 times a game.. maybe a little less as the season progresses

Right now this is all speculation of course... but my guess is he gets the starting job.. and could be one of the biggest sleepers of the year

Rough Estimate

3300 Pass Yds, 21 PassTds, 16int

700 yds rushing, 9 rush tds

That is at the low end of Tebow's average from last season.. by a lot on the rushing side of things. because the numbers he averaged last year were ridiculous.. they were more like 995 yds rushing and 12-15 tds throughout the course of a full season

so with those realistic numbers i think.. that puts him at around 341 FFP.. which would put right behind Aaron Rodgers!!

FF today has him at 253 FFP, which I think is a bit low because they estimated his rushing numbers at only 375yds and 3tds... and last year in a little more than 3 games played... he had 201 rushing yards and 4tds

I want to know what everyone thinks about this guy.. at the very least keep him on your radar.. watch what happens in Denver.. and see how he does in the pre-season.. his ability to run the ball makes him have HUGE potential

Where is the love? no one has an opinion on this guy? I know Orton is still there... but I think he goes to the Cardinals, Titans, Redskins, Seattle or somewhere in need of a QB when free agency opens up... Tebow's ability to run makes him have huge potential...

I see your thought process, but the wear & tear on a running QB should be factored in. Plus there is game film on him so D Coordinators will be able to expose his weaknesses.

I'm rooting for the kid so I hope he succeeds

I'd would take my chance on him as a fantasy back up in '11

Tim Tebow is a QB that has high upside but should not be trusted as you #1 Fantasy Qb on draft day. Worthy of late round "Draft and stash" Selection. Even if he plays well he will put eli manning like fantasy points. Not about to push Brady/Rivers/peyton/brees/Rodgers out of the top 5.

Top 5 is quite optimistic. I own him with Orton in a few dynasty leagues and am excited that one or both can finish in top 10, especially if Orton goes to Arizona!

well the idea was never to take him as your #1 qb... just the fact that he could very easily finish in the top 10 if he produces those kind of numbers... and possibly even the top 5... I definitely think as we see what happens to Kyle Orton, and we can watch Tebow with a closer eye in the pre-season he could really gain some value in drafts in late August... but I really am just curious what everyone thinks about the guy that has seen him play? Do those numbers he posted the last 3 games of the season look like numbers that he could produce on a consistent basis?? cause if so... damn... grab Tebow in the later rounds and feel confident in your #2 QB

I guess you have as good of a case to make for Tebow as most other upside fliers who we think are going to produce based on a small sample size. But let me add this:

He can't throw. His ball sails and dives and is mostly off target. Maybe Jesus wants him for a sunbeam to win Super Bowls and take you to FF championships. As an athiest...I just see a bad QB that got garbage production in meaningless games on a few lucky throws.

Is he viable to take as a flier? Sure...is he going to get 10 rushing TD's and 800 yards? Only if Denver trades Orton, is 3-13 and gives up hope on the season while turning the keys to the car to Tebow without looking back. I'm not sure the kid will even keep the job. I doubt Denver moves Orton, because at the end of the day does John Fox want to rest his second chance in Denver on an unproven and under whelming QB? I doubt it....

You can't extrapolate a few games over the entire course of the season because defenses will adjust to him if he plays a full season. For example, next year I think defenses would realize that Tebow can't throw the ball to save his life and they'll just put a spy on him to keep him from running. It would not be hard to neutralize him at all. So he might be worth a late round flyer but God help you if you're counting on him to be a QB1.

He can't throw. His ball sails and dives and is mostly off target. Maybe Jesus wants him for a sunbeam to win Super Bowls and take you to FF championships. As an athiest...I just see a bad QB that got garbage production in meaningless games on a few lucky throws.

Thanks for the feedback

You can't extrapolate a few games over the entire course of the season because defenses will adjust to him if he plays a full season. For example, next year I think defenses would realize that Tebow can't throw the ball to save his life and they'll just put a spy on him to keep him from running. It would not be hard to neutralize him at all. So he might be worth a late round flyer but God help you if you're counting on him to be a QB1.

No you can't... and that is why I am asking for feedback... I am just making a point that those are some pretty good numbers and that in my book give us a reason to pay a little more attention to Tim Tebow in the fantasy football world...obviously teams are going to game plan for him and that will alter things... but the fact of the matter and the most important thing we can take from all of this.. is that when Tebow has been in the game.. he has produced some pretty darn good fantasy numbers... and we'll just have to wait and see how that pans out.. all i am saying is he has potential, we don't know enough about him one way or the other.. but so far so good...

No you can't... and that is why I am asking for feedback... I am just making a point that those are some pretty good numbers and that in my book give us a reason to pay a little more attention to Tim Tebow in the fantasy football world...obviously teams are going to game plan for him and that will alter things... but the fact of the matter and the most important thing we can take from all of this.. is that when Tebow has been in the game.. he has produced some pretty darn good fantasy numbers... and we'll just have to wait and see how that pans out.. all i am saying is he has potential, we don't know enough about him one way or the other.. but so far so good...

You theorized that he might be a top 5 QB this year. If you had posted a thread with the title "Tim Tebow--possible QB2 with upside?" then I would compeletely agree with you.

You theorized that he might be a top 5 QB this year. If you had posted a thread with the title "Tim Tebow--possible QB2 with upside?" then I would completely agree with you.

its not about agreeing/disagreeing with the title of the post hah... its about hearing everyone's thoughts about his potential

I like Tebow's upside. I managed to acquire him in both of my dynasty leagues this offseason. Denver's defense will probably be mediocre so the bronco's will be throwing the ball into the 4th quarter. Denver's wide receivers are pretty solid. Royal has not put up good fantasy numbers the last couple years, but he has hands of glue.

Problem 1: He has one of the top 5 left tackles in the game, but he is left handed and Denver's right tackle is average at best.

Problem 2: John Fox

I like Tebow's upside. I managed to acquire him in both of my dynasty leagues this offseason. Denver's defense will probably be mediocre so the bronco's will be throwing the ball into the 4th quarter. Denver's wide receivers are pretty solid. Royal has not put up good fantasy numbers the last couple years, but he has hands of glue.

Problem 1: He has one of the top 5 left tackles in the game, but he is left handed and Denver's right tackle is average at best.

Problem 2: John Fox

Yea i totally agree..they are definitely going to be playing catch up a lot.. which bodes well for good numbers in garbage time.. but John Fox is definitely not a fantasy QB's best friend (panthers fan here... it sucked balls watching them the last few seasons where we just ran the ball up the middle three times in a row, had to be the most boring football to watch on TV).. thanks for the input

thought this was a great article about the ups and downs of Tebow.. and his potential as a QB of the future.. as well as possible scenarios for this season

Gray: One of the most-discussed rookies of 2010 was Tim Tebow. However, with the coaching change in Denver, his future is very much in questions. What are your expectations for Tebow's dynasty prospects? Does he have longterm, elite potential?

Wood: I'm not a believer. Everyone knows of Tebow's collegiate achievements, and that he's as squeaky clean a human being as an NFL owner could hope for. But at what point did those issues supersede talent? And ability to throw the ball? Good mechanics? An ability to read complex NFL defenses? Sure, Tebow racked up some alluring fantasy stats last year in the final three games, but that was basically a glorified version of street ball. He was running all around and trying to make plays without any semblance of a real NFL system in place. I just don't see him transitioning into a full-time NFL starter, particularly for a team that's now being run by one of the NFL's all-time best quarterbacks.

Matt: I'm far more optimistic about Tebow than I was this time last year. Half of my family live in Denver and are Broncos fans and when they drafted Tebow my brother called me 30 seconds later telling me that he felt like crying. As a diehard Browns fan in my youth it looked like sweet desserts were finally coming for Mile High. But I think Tebow has made some strides that won't allow me to write him off. I want to get a close look at him in the preseason before I give my opinion of him for 2011 because he's such a gymrat that I don't want to overlook the possibilty of significant improvement with his technique.

What this means for drafts taking place right now is that I'm not taking him unless he's a very late pick and I have a terrific quarterback.If I inherited a team that owned Tebow, he's a guy I'd hold onto unless I'm really strong at QB and someone is willing to overpay because he's one of those Tebow Zealots I saw at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama in January of 2010 who could give Elvis fans a run for their money.

Jeff: Tim Tebow has this "aura" about him that extends beyond his physical attributes and abilities. He has a true leadership quality about him that works well in a locker room and a huddle - but unless he can step up and deliver results in the form of NFL wins, it will not matter. Fantasy value is there thanks to his ability to run as well as throw, but many have questioned his abilities to be a top end NFL quarterback. Sure he put up three good performances to close out 2011, but most of that value came due to his ability as a rusher and against either weak defenses (Houston) or a team who was completely deflated after being eliminated from the postseason (San Diego). Tebow put up over 25 fantasy points against the Raiders in Week 15 but only completed 8 of 16 passes for 138 yards and one touchdown - which would have been very pedestrian had it not been for his rushing totals (8-78-1, including a 40-yard TD run. Tebow had over 200 yards rushing and three touchdowns in his three starts to close out the year, which accounted for a great deal of his fantasy value.

Forget about that history though - the main question here is his future value, for 2011 and beyond. That's a very tough one since we do not ev even know if he will be the starting quarterback for Denver this season. Both John Fox and John Elway are saying that Tebow is very much in the mix, but but between the lockout and the skill of Kyle Orton it would not be a surprise to see Orton under center in Week 1. Denver will likely try and move Orton for future draft pick value since this is his lat year under contract, so I will assume Tebow is the starting quarterback this year. Now you have to figure his value both in Denver and with John Fox as his new head coach. Josh McDaniels got a ton of fantasy production and offense from limited players last year, but Fox is not a big offense guy nor is he one to give younger players a lot of rope to play with right away. He has a big tendency to run the ball and be conservative, sticking with veterans for much of his starter personnel. So now you have a conservative coach coming in who wants to bolster the ground game (either with DeAngelo Williams or another RB) which will cut into Tebow's run attempts, and an offensive game plan that will try and minimize mistakes by a young quarterback. I do not expect much from Tebow this year at all in that system, although it could be a very good idea for him in the long run to get him more experience and confidence going forward. I just do not believe in his fantasy upside both short term and long term, since most of it relies on big plays and running abilities, neither of which will present themselves often this year and in years to come for Tebow.

Jeff: What I like about Tim Tebow is his ability to score and that translates to success in a fantasy sense. In the last three games last year, he scored at least one rushing TD and one passing TD. In a limited role he had 6 rushing TDs last year and was heavily involved in the offense inside the 10 yard line. The new coaching regime scares me a little bit, but ultimately, it's Tebow's play making ability and talent that will trump play calling. I like his chances of being someone who can eventually put up 20+ TDs (rush/pass). Combine that with healthy rushing numbers and he has the makings of a Top 12 fantasy QB. He may not hit that mark this year, but I like his chances in 2012 and beyond. He has a lot to prove still and as long as he has that inner fire to exceed expectations, I think we will continue to be surprised by his production.

Bob: Like Churchill's famous characterization of Russia, Tebow is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Before the 2010 draft process, I was initially in the category of those that thought his mechanical flaws were so heinous and grotesque as to likely prove catastrophic and a death blow to his projection as a viable NFL QB. While at Florida, Tebow would at times wind up like a pitcher, delivering the ball from the hip in a throwing motion that made Byron Leftwich's elongated version look streamlined and economical. Not a lot of precedents spring immediately to mind, in terms of QBs coming out of college with such severe and stark mechanical issues going on to succeed at a high level in the pros. Intuitively, the prospect of a radical transformation of something as fundamental and ingrained through muscle memory as throwing motion appears daunting, and even improbable.

After scrutinizing Tebow more closely post-draft (but still preseason), other factors that I thought could be mitigating began to come to the fore. His arm strength is at least adequate when he gets his feet set, and at his best in college, he flashed the ability to throw with touch and accuracy. Flash forward to the end of the 2010 season, and he exhibited several other critically important attributes that could potentially tip the scales in a favorable direction. While Tebow still had a hair trigger on the run gun in the face of pressure, it can be taken as doubly positive that he SENSES it, and has the wheels to evade it. Other pivotal traits which can point towards success are timing, specifically the ability to anticipate a WR's movements, coupled with the field awareness of defenders, to deliver the ball not just to the right place, but at the right time.

To paraphrase Denver institution and new GM John Elway, Tebow's future with the Broncos will hinge on his ability to morph into a more efficient and effective pocket passer. A glimmering of such an evolutionary unfolding was in evidence as a rookie... the gradual, incremental development of a more compact throwing motion. More important than the development of any single isolatable trait, the fact that he was able to make modest but appreciable strides in a short time in as foundational an area as passing mechanics (notoriously refractory to such a relatively quick development), bodes very well for his overall projection. Especially when viewed in the context of his constellation of other notable positive traits and attributes. While it may sound corny, I believe Tebow is sincere in stating a genuine passion for the game, the desire to be great and a willingness to do whatever requisite work he needs to achieve that goal.

A kind of mirror image to the rare/unprecedented nature of his college throwing mechanics issues, is the similarly rare/unprecedented nature of his freakish athletic juxtaposition of power and explosiveness. Tebow may be the strongest QB in league history. Improbably bolted onto this proposition are his shockingly unstiff-like Combine positional record 3 cone drill (6.66) and record-tying vertical jump (38.5"), respectively. If he surmounts the technical/mechanical flaws, his natural leadership, work ethic, football smarts and athleticism could more closely resemble Steve Young (if not a one-to-one correspondence or mapping of careers) than Vince Young. Like VY, previous and contemporary running QBs such as Randall Cunningham and pre-prison Michael Vick weren't exactly known as students of the game.

Cause for optimism could come in the guise of a Pleistocene-era comp player, Billy Kilmer. A phenomenal athlete (one of the top prep basketball players in the nation, could have played pro baseball) formerly more accomplished as a runner at UCLA and early with the 49ers, he ultimately found success as a passer with the Saints and Redskins, despite throwing one of the ugliest balls ever.

Tebow has not just succeeded, but at the highest levels on each rung of his ascent up the prep-college-pro ladder... and he has succeeded as a runner and passer. He owns multiple career and season prep passing records in the storied state of Florida (one of the most prolific NFL conduits, with California, Texas and Pennsylvania). While at Florida, Tebow became the first QB in collegiate history to throw and rush for 20 TDs each in a season (2011 first overall pick Cam Newton and and high second rounder Colin Kaepernick both joined the exclusive 20/20 club last year). If Tebow can sustain the arc of his current technical refinement, stacked on top of his formidable running prowess, he could project to a top 10-15 QB in a few years for dynasty league purposes. The key actuator to realizing and fulfilling the next stage in his evolution, even more importantly than retraining his body, he must retrain his mind to think pass first, run second when the OL is breached, the play design disrupted and chaos envelopes the pocket.

Mark: I'm not sold on Tebow as a prospect for elite-level production. As Jason noted, the teams he faced at the end of the season were not up to even the NFL average as far as their performance when Tebow was playing - they were easy targets for him to build his confidence up while playing, which led to some big stats for Tebow.

Basically, our sample size is too small, and the conditions under which he made such a splash last year were highly suspect.

IF - and as Jeff pointed out there is some reason to wonder if Tebow will be the starter this year - Tebow starts, he will go through the normal learning curve for a young NFL QB - which is a brutal process that can derail even the best-looking prospects (David Carr leaps to mind here). Beyond the mercurial Brandon Lloyd (who has exactly one season over 600 yards receiving during his eight years in the NFL - last year's 77/1,448/11 campaign), there isn't a lot of star power on the Broncos' WR roster, and with John Fox in charge it looks like the team will put the bulk of their free agency money into a starting-caliber running back, and transition to a more run-oriented scheme. The team didn't draft a single wide receiver, though they did roll the dice in the mid and late rounds on two tight ends (Julius Thomas, Virgil Green), but both those guys are considered developmental prospects. Demaryius Thomas has a serious Achilles tendon injury that required surgical repair in February 2011, and he may never become a star in the league (he likely won't play until the second half of this year, if at all, and until we see him playing at full speed we'll have no clue how his rehab has really gone). The Broncos' general manager Brian Xanders said on May third, 2011 that Thomas is expected to begin the season on the Physically Unable to Perform list and to be unavailable until at least midseason.

In short, the surrounding talent on the Broncos doesn't inspire me with confidence that two-to-three years down the line the Broncos will be fielding a powerful passing attack. I wouldn't want Tebow as a starter for 2011, and I am fairly pessimistic about his chances through the middle years of this decade.

He's a guy I haven't pursued in my dynasty leagues.

Cecil: I believe in Tim Tebow. Just like Matt, I am surprised about how different I feel about him now in comparison to a year ago.

Not only does he have a ton of support at Dove Valley, as both Brian Xanders and John Elway love him, Tebow also has earned some respect from opponents across the league. Subscribers to our free daily email read this last week, but it bears repeating here. I recently talked with a defensive coach on an NFL team about several topics, but the Broncos QB situation came up. He feels the Broncos should start Tebow, even if Orton does not get traded. His quote was, 'Tebow concerns us more than Orton does.' Bottom line, Orton is not clutch and does not handle pressure well. However, Tebow thrives on pressure and will make a way when there's no way.

Denver needs to see what they have in Tebow and he should be given every opportunity to prove himself as the starter. There's going to be rough patches ahead as Tebow learns the ropes in the NFL, but it's all part of the process. Why would you not have interest in him as a dynasty league prospect? His upside is huge because of his ability to pick up yards and touchdowns on the ground.

Let's stop the whole 'his mechanics are ugly' debate. It's tired, and simply doesn't ring true anymore. I was with Matt at the Senior Bowl last year and Tebow's performance was terrible during practice and in the game. I watched him in rookie minicamp and he had trouble hitting stationary targets. Training camp rolled around and I was there every day when something clicked. Tebow sparks something in his teammates, and his work ethic is off the charts. He's learning to be an NFL QB and will not fail due to lack of effort. His throwing motion has improved a lot, and is much quicker than it was at Florida. Unless you get style points in your league Tebow's mechanics shouldn't be an issue.

Everyone acknowledges what he can be as a runner, but few realize that he finished his career as the SEC's most accurate passer in the history of the conference. He's a better passer than most give him credit for, and here's the scary part - he's improving every day.

Okay, so Tebow should get a chance...what about the important stuff - how will he do in fantasy!?! This kid could crush in fantasy leagues, and will make a quality QB2 in every league this year. It will prove to be difficult to shut down both facets of his game on a week to week basis. Tebow's rushing numbers will offset what some may consider as lackluster passing numbers.

Want to hear the best part? John Fox's offense is actually BEST for Tebow. The Broncos are going to build an improved ground game with Fox calling the shots. No more 'Wow, 50 yds rushing from our starting RB!' This team is going back to being a threat on the ground and should grab a big name free agent like DeAngelo Williams. Adding a true number one RB and making Moreno what he is (a backup) will force defenses to stack the line to stop the run. This will lead to one on one coverage for guys like Brandon Lloyd, Eric Decker, and Demaryius Thomas (when healthy). Tebow will play action all day (Fox leads the league in play action passing attempts) and he should thrive through the air.

The part that scares me the most about Tebow is his willingness to sacrifice his body to make a play. Those big hits punish defenders but his body takes a beating too. Durability could prove to be an issue if Tebow doesn't start to hook slide more.

Start 2 QB leagues this kid is an automatic start. Traditional leagues I would have no problem with Tebow as my backup behind someone like Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. In fact, his trade value could be very high after one of his 2 passing TDs, 1 rushing TD games. The Broncos play a last place schedule in 2011 and could be more of a factor on offense than people think.

Can Tebow win a Super Bowl? Possibly. Can Tebow be a relevant fantasy QB with top 15 upside? Certainly. Tebow throughout his life has proved doubters wrong, so why in the world would you want to doubt him now?

at his current ADP there's no downside in drafting him..if he grabs the starters role he can be a great plug in play depending on matchups and will have good keeper value...

Tebow is the clear starter this year for the broncos... so now we know that atleast

Broncos want to trade Orton to clear way for Tebow

By Jason La Canfora NFL Network

NFL Network Insider

Published: July 26, 2011 at 08:41 a.m.

Updated: July 26, 2011 at 03:12 p.m.

Liked: 50 | Comments: 499

The Denver Broncos are willing to deal starting quarterback Kyle Orton, league and team sources said, and are spending Tuesday assessing that market. Minnesota, Arizona and Miami are among the teams expected to engage in trade talks with them.

Flash is required to watch videos on NFL.com. Please click here to install Flash on your computer.

The Broncos value Orton and are unlikely to deal him for less than a third-round pick, sources said, with the possibility that the compensation escalates based on Orton's performance and/or his new team signing him to an extended contract.

Orton is in the final year of his deal and put up solid numbers in Denver after being a part of the Jay Cutler trade with the Bears in 2009, but apparently new coach John Fox has decided to go with Tim Tebow, a first-round pick in 2010, as the Broncos' starter.

Orton, who participated in Broncos player-led workouts during the lockout, has made it clear he does not want to back up Tebow. Orton has started 28 games for the Broncos the past two seasons, passing for 41 touchdowns and almost 7,500 yards.

The Denver Post, who first reported that Orton was on the trading block, listed the Tennessee Titans as another possible trade destination for Orton. Trades were able to be nnounced as of 10 a.m. ET on Tuesday.

The Post also reported that the Broncos plan to release 11-year veteran running back Correll Buckhalter, 32, who is scheduled to make almost $2 million this season.

After starting seven games and rushing for 642 yards in 2009, Buckhalter gained just 147 rushing yards and 240 receiving yards this past season.

Yeah i was listening to XM radio today and they were talking about how the Broncos were trying hard to move Orton to clear path for Tebow.

Could he do it? I suppose. But I certainly am not going to bet on it for my #1 QB. As others have said, I might grab him near the end of a draft, but I doubt it, as there will likely be somebody who thinks higher of him than I do.

Personally, I'm more concerned about the impact of him (and Fox) on Lloyd, whom I have in a deep keeper league.

if i decide not to go QB in the first 5 rounds, ill target Tebow and Stafford and mixing and matching could put up elite QB no's

Gambling on Stafford's health intrigues me more then Tebow. If he can play 14 games he could be the pick of your draft.

Gambling on Stafford's health intrigues me more then Tebow. If he can play 14 games he could be the pick of your draft.

Yup i like Stafford throwing to Johnson :pointstosky: Tebow has nothing close to that to throw to. Hell i could probably throw 20 TDs with Megatron running routes.......well maybe not but he is a freak

Yup i like Stafford throwing to Johnson :pointstosky:

Until Stafford slips on a roller skate and fractures his tibia, sure, why not? :dunno:

Yup i like Stafford throwing to Johnson :pointstosky: Tebow has nothing close to that to throw to. Hell i could probably throw 20 TDs with Megatron running routes.......well maybe not but he is a freak

true, but Stafford also cannot run as well as Tebow, who in my opinion as a mobile QB is only surpassed by Vick and close in skills to Young and Randall

Seriously, I'd consider taking Tebow as a backup if he's announced the starter in Denver and I land a stud in the draft, but I expect he'd be extremely inconsistent with a huge game one week and a near goose egg the next, and that's not the kind of player I want to rely on. Plus, given the buzz around him in fantasy circles I'm thinking he'll go in the 10th or higher in most drafts and that's probably too rich for me.

Seriously, I'd consider taking Tebow as a backup if he's announced the starter in Denver and I land a stud in the draft, but I expect he'd be extremely inconsistent with a huge game one week and a near goose egg the next, and that's not the kind of player I want to rely on. Plus, given the buzz around him in fantasy circles I'm thinking he'll go in the 10th or higher in most drafts and that's probably too rich for me.

I'd be willing to bet that his rushing numbers might make him a little less likely to have a "Horrible" game in the fantasy world.. he may not have a good passing performance each week.. but those rushing numbers will prevent him from having a 6pt or less week in my opinion.. which is why I am targeting him as my back up QB this year in my keeper league

as a mobile QB on a bad defensive team, I think hes less likely to put up goose eggs. Denver is not a good team, and Tebow runs draws really well out of the shotgun. I think he could be one of the most consistent scoring QB's for that reason

as a mobile QB on a bad defensive team, I think hes less likely to put up goose eggs. Denver is not a good team, and Tebow runs draws really well out of the shotgun. I think he could be one of the most consistent scoring QB's for that reason

We don't know if he's going to start, or if he can consistently be any good. I'd be glad to draft him as a backup if I have a matchup proof starter, but in rounds 9-10 I'll be drafting backup WRs and RBs.

We don't know if he's going to start, or if he can consistently be any good. I'd be glad to draft him as a backup if I have a matchup proof starter, but in rounds 9-10 I'll be drafting backup WRs and RBs.

Yea we do...

Reported earlier on NFL.com was that the Broncos have put Orton on the trading block, and Fox is going with Tebow as his starter this season...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820fb7ca/article/broncos-want-to-trade-qb-orton-to-clear-way-for-tebow

Yea we do...

Reported earlier on NFL.com was that the Broncos have put Orton on the trading block, and Fox is going with Tebow as his starter this season...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820fb7ca/article/broncos-want-to-trade-qb-orton-to-clear-way-for-tebow

We could've started a thread with this before all the speculation that Tebow is the next Randall Cunningham. :dunno:

Yea we do...

So what? Maybe Tebow sucks it up and gets benched after five or six games. We have no idea whether he can play well for a full season.

So what? Maybe Tebow sucks it up and gets benched after five or six games. We have no idea whether he can play well for a full season.

To be fair, I like Tebow as a high upside backup. I just think the level of hype is pushing him out of late round flier status an making him a guy you're going to have to burn a valuable pick to land.

BTW, if I had a can't miss starter like Brees or Brady I'd consider drafting Cam Newton as a 3rd QB / last rounder forany of the same reasons people like Tebow now.

Tim Tebow - QB - Broncos

Tim Tebow expressed some frustration Thursday regarding his current backup role.

Tebow clearly thought the Kyle Orton trade was going down, just like everyone else. "My dream, since I was a young boy, of being a starting quarterback in the NFL seemed to be coming true," Tebow said. "Then, I felt like it was grabbed back away." Tebow admitted that the rapid change in plans may have affected him on the practice field. Now he's miles behind Orton, the clear starter.

Source: Denver Post

Aug 5, 9:32 AM

-from rotoworld.com

Sounds like Tebow thought the starting job was about to be handed to him :thumbsdown: If you think your better than him then win the job

Are you freaking kiddin me with this quote?? There is a reason he is "miles" behind Orton. Orton is ALOT better QB than Tebow.

as a dolphins fan this entire offseason i kept asking myself, why on earth would the broncos trade orton? IMO tebow is far from ready, his mechanics are awful, his footwork in the pocket is awful, and his accuracy blows. His best qualities are his intangibles and in the NFL that translates to nothing. 50% completion rating? i'll gladly let others buy into the hype. Orton on the other hand, has the upside to be a top 10 qb this year.

as a dolphins fan this entire offseason i kept asking myself, why on earth would the broncos trade orton? IMO tebow is far from ready, his mechanics are awful, his footwork in the pocket is awful, and his accuracy blows. His best qualities are his intangibles and in the NFL that translates to nothing. 50% completion rating? i'll gladly let others buy into the hype. Orton on the other hand, has the upside to be a top 10 qb this year.

Im sure you read or heard WR Lloyd's comments on the situation. I think he is not a fan of Broncos trading Orton to give Tebow the starting job.

"This happened my last year in San Francisco in 2005," wide receiver Brandon Lloyd​ told Sports Illustrated's Jim Trotter in the issue of the magazine out today.

"We've got Tim Rattay​, who can play in this league and deliver the ball, and they get rid of him to play Alex Smith, the guy we drafted No. 1 overall that year. As a veteran you say, 'You're just going to (bleep) on our season to develop for the future?' It makes you mad. Me, I want to win now.

"Keeping Orton as the starter means we're trying to win now. Going with Tim Tebow is a developmental move. That's not a 'now' move. Would that (tick) me off? Yeah, it would. But at the same time I'm a competitor so I'm going to try to make it work."

quote is from Denver Post-http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18613203?source=bb

Denver Post

John Clayton just said Tebow has gotten worse since last year and there is good chance he will be the #3 QB :wave: :lol: :wave:

Better learn how to throw again