Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

What's your top 10 RB draft list look like for 2016 if you picked today?

Let me simplify: I don't care who the consensus top ten running backs are. I won't be drafting them. I'm going to let you draft them. By the time it's time to draft a running back, I'll have my three starting receivers locked in in my PPR league and I'll draft best available running back after. I'm going to take one of the wide receivers that you were hoping to land to go along with your first round running back that is probably going to get hurt or not be in the top ten at his position by the end of the year.

Decent strategy if you're the only one employing it, won't look so hot if six or seven others also try it. Those best available RBs dry up fast when everyone is looking for them.

Running backs are not nearly as important as they used to be. Between injury, running back by committee, and it now being a passing league, there are maybe three or four good running backs and everybody after them are average at best. Wide receivers are now more important than running backs. And if you are in a PPR league that starts three wide receivers/tight ends, having three top fifteen wide receivers trumps your one top ten running back and second top thirty running back every week.

You're dreaming if you think you're gonna be getting three top fifteen WRs.

I drafted Julio/Beckham/Landry. It's entirely possible.

Worm if you went JJ/Beckham/Landry I'd submit your league is populated with little fish and you're the shark. You getting those 3 in the first three rounds is an anomaly. Kudos to you though. :)

Yeah I agree , it just depends on the other owners and who they pick , but agree it could happen .

You didn't draft them with six or seven other guys employing the same strategy. The only way it's possible is if only one or two guys are using 0 RB strategy.

Agree it could happen just depends on how the other owners draft .

I drafted Brown/OBJ/Hopkins with my top three picks this year. :music_guitarred:

I drafted Brown/OBJ/Hopkins with my top three picks this year. :music_guitarred:

No kidding Tracy. I drafted OBJ, Jordy, and Hokins in a league this year, but the point is I was the only one in the league using the zero RB strategy. You think maybe the caliber of the second and third WRs available to you might change if six or seven guys are employing this strategy which has become all the rage?

The thing of it is with RB, the dropoff after the top 3 is huge, about an 80 point difference. The next 4 are pretty close (RB 4-7) then there is another 20 to 40 point drop off, and it's a pretty steady decline after that.

So point being if you don't hit a top 7 RB, you really stuggle to make up those points.

WR and QB dropoff is still there but it's less significant. QB are relatively interchangeable for guys outside of the top 4. If we take Cam Newton off the list (because he is a mutant :shocking: ) the difference betweent the #1 QB, and #6 QB is only 30 points. Then the QB's ranked 8 through 15 only differ by a margin of 30 points, give or take.

So, if you don't hit a top 7 QB, you're almost just as well off with the 15th QB as you are with the 8th, it really doesn't matter as much.

DST are the same, after the top 5 defenses there is a big drop, but everyone performs pretty much the same.

RB tiers are way more pronounced than any other position.

Agree that the drop off is greater the deeper you go into a draft at the rb postion , but darn it anyway I just don't want to draft any of them .

Agree that the drop off is greater the deeper you go into a draft at the rb postion , but darn it anyway I just don't want to draft any of them .

My point is that all things being equal everyone has to start RB in the league. The drop off in points can be difficult to overcome, hitting on at least 1 of your RB seems more critical than ever. In the past few years, I haven't had a lot of luck with this and it's getting harder and harder to find productive RB off the WW.

Worm if you went JJ/Beckham/Landry I'd submit your league is populated with little fish and you're the shark. You getting those 3 in the first three rounds is an anomaly. Kudos to you though. :)

Not impossible, if you're in a 10 teamer.

Even in a 12 teamer, if you're picking back to back at the end of the first/start of the second that scenario could still happen. It would definitely depend on the scoring format for the league, so don't judge too harshly.

Play mostly in ppr leagues , so I know for me I'm going into next with the thought of waiting until the third or forth round before picking up a rb , if you look at fftoday ppr point total for rbs and look at the top ten , I see two that would be on everyone top ten list going into last season . So I agree the drop off is greater, but still can win with picking up a rb in the third or forth round .

Play mostly in ppr leagues , so I know for me I'm going into next with the thought of waiting until the third or forth round before picking up a rb , if you look at fftoday ppr point total for rbs and look at the top ten , I see two that would be on everyone top ten list going into last season . So I agree the drop off is greater, but still can win with picking up a rb in the third or forth round .

hehe I'm trying to move my money league to a full PPR league for this reason ;), it makes drafting a stud RB far less critical.

hehe I'm trying to move my money league to a full PPR league for this reason ;), it makes drafting a stud RB far less critical.

It does equal things out more .

Sure it could happen , just depends on how the other owners draft , plus it was posted that it did happen , yeah I think it did amd can , hope it's me next season. .

I drafted Julio, Dez and Nelson last year. It is always possible.

Every league and every draft is different.

Value falls in every draft.

Problem is people always or mostly, think within the realm of their league so it is easy for people to think it isnt possible.

Plus some people are just better than this at others and see things differently.

So maybe people drafting around him had a plan and these players past them by.

I drafted Julio, Dez and Nelson last year. It is always possible.

Every league and every draft is different.

Value falls in every draft.

Problem is people always or mostly, think within the realm of their league so it is easy for people to think it isnt possible.

Plus some people are just better than this at others and see things differently.

So maybe people drafting around him had a plan and these players past them by.

It. Is. Very. Simple

If you and maybe one or two other guys is going 0 RB you have a chance to get a trio like that, if a bunch of people in your league decide to go 0 RB, you don't.

Will if everyone goes 0 rb of course it's not going to happen , I've never been in a league where everyone went 0 rbs early .

Will if everyone goes 0 rb of course it's not going to happen , I've never been in a league where everyone went 0 rbs early .

Everyone just takes 3 QBs each and trades them for running backs

Will I don't think anyone will draft three qbs that early in the draft , now they might pick up two or three qbs later in the draft and than use them to trade , and that's a great ideal you just had Grasshopper .

I just went back and checked my league draft.

Beckham went at the end of the 1st, and the same owner than took JJ at the top of the second. Landry wasn't projected to be a great WR last year, and didn't get drafted until the 8th round.

That is entirely possible and did happen in a 1/2 PPR league.

Beckham went at the end of the 1st, and the same owner than took JJ at the top of the second. Landry wasn't projected to be a great WR last year, and didn't get drafted until the 8th round.

In a PPR league he is huge. He is top 15 wr in any ppr league. more so now that Gase is in Miami.

8th round!?!?!

The lowest he was drafted in all six of my re-drafts was the end of the 5th (and that was NO PPR)

8th round!?!?!

The lowest he was drafted in all six of my re-drafts was the end of the 5th (and that was NO PPR)

Apparently not all leagues are equal in scoring? :dunno:

He was 29th WR off the board last year. FFT pre-season rankings had Landry as WR #24, so they're not that far off.

http://www.fftoday.com/rankings/playerrank.php?o=1&PosID=30&LeagueID=1

Don't be obtuse, it won't take near everyone. About half the league would mess up that strategy.

Don't be obtuse, it won't take near everyone. About half the league would mess up that strategy.

Never gonna happen, there are always 3-4 viable looking RB who go first round in every draft. The only people who employ a 0RB strategy are likely drafting late in the first and can't get a top tier QB or RB, so they go WR/WR.

I guess it depends on what you consider a 0RB strategy though.

0 rb theory is gonna kill some owners 2016

Just really depends on the scoring system of the league . But I do agree I think that some will get burn like you do .

Just really depends on the scoring system of the league . But I do agree I think that some will get burn like you do .

It worked for teams cause guys got hurt long term and their backups did better than I have ever seen backups do.

That has never been the norm. I don't think it is what we should expect every year. I could have gone 0 wr and done just as well it's a deep position

As of right now I really don't know how to rank the top 10 so in no order

AP

Gurley

David Johnson

Bell

Rawls

Yeldon

McCoy

Miller

Latavius Murray

Lacy

As of right now I really don't know how to rank the top 10 so in no order

AP

Gurley

David Johnson

Bell

Rawls

Yeldon

McCoy

Miller

Latavius Murray

Lacy

I cant take any list seriously that doesnt have freeman in the top 10 of ppr.

I cant take any list seriously that doesnt have freeman in the top 10 of ppr.

Why? He could easily come back down to earth next year.