Sign in to follow this  
petekrum

2016 Breakout Players

So who will be 2016's Freeman, Bortles, Robinson, ect,.. Guys who go in the mid to late rounds but end up being fantasy stars.

Golden Tate

Antonio Andrews

Carlos Hyde

Hyde is a interesting pick , how about Yeldon the rb with the Jags .

Golden Tate

Antonio Andrews

Carlos Hyde

You mean Cobb?

• Like 1

Parker is a excellent pick . How about Matt Jones of the Redskins .

Parker. WR. Miami. That is all.

I just dont trust Tannehill at all. We will see if Gace can turn him into a more consistent qb, but i dont think there is any saving for a qb as mediocre as Tannehill. He has one of the weakest arms i can remember. Eventually those lobs he tosses up there are going to be picked off at a greater rate.

Landry had a nice year as far as ppr, but his yardage numbers werent very good for having 110 catches. His average was 10.8 y/c. Its partially an indictment on Tannehills inability to throw down field.

Perriman is a guy i have an eye on for breakout.

A few deep sleeper guys, maybe not be the best fit for this thread but this is who i have stashed on a few of my dynasty rosters

Brandon Wegher RB from CAR. He has nice size and solid speed. He is a big unknown at this point however. Stewart is always on the verge of injury it seems. There are a few rbs ahead of Wegher on the depth chart but none of them are impressive in any fashion, besides maybe Tolbert.

Brice Butler BAL WR and Jeremy Butler DAL WR. I pretty much can say the same about both guys, good size speed combo. Both were on teams that lost their starting qb. Both are on teams that could use another good receiving threat at the #2 spot.

Bruce Ellington WR SF. This guy can fly. He reminds me of TY Hilton in a way. The only hope is that Chip comes in and identifies Bruces explosiveness, then utilizes it in his offense.

Bruce Ellington WR SF. This guy can fly. He reminds me of TY Hilton in a way. The only hope is that Chip comes in and identifies Bruces explosiveness, then utilizes it in his offense.

And then trades him....sorry, couldn't resist.

What is Smith's contract status.

And can Keep utilize the deep threat is a big question.

I like Ellington's speed though.

Lockett at SEA as a we could have a much bigger role too. But with special teams and some f the games he had late, he may not be as much of a breakout as just taking a bit of a next step

And then trades him....sorry, couldn't resist.

What is Smith's contract status.

And can Keep utilize the deep threat is a big question.

I like Ellington's speed though.

Lockett at SEA as a we could have a much bigger role too. But with special teams and some f the games he had late, he may not be as much of a breakout as just taking a bit of a next step

Lockett has already broken outta you said. Like him s lot

Lockett has already broken outta you said. Like him s lot

I wouldn't say he's broken out just yet. He's certainly not useable in fantasy unless you're in a 16+ team league.

I wouldn't say he's broken out just yet. He's certainly not useable in fantasy unless you're in a 16+ team league.

Wow

Ok

If I was taking a chance on a SF WR lottery ticket. I'd go with DeAndre smelter.

I won a championship in a 10 team league with him as a starter for the playoffs

Lockette has already broken out imo. Crowell is someone I'm buying, based on little other than a hunch at this point.

edit: Ebron

Wow

Ok

What? 51 catches for 664 yards and 6 TDs is a breakout? If it was guaranteed he'd put up those same numbers every year he would go undrafted. He had a nice rookie year and a nice start to his career, but that's it.

I won a championship in a 10 team league with him as a starter for the playoffs

So what? Tim Hightower was on a lot of championship teams, did he breakout?

Jeremy Langford

Matt Jones

Devante Parker

Clive Walford (absolutely draft this guy as your backup TE)

• Like 1

Jeremy Langford

Matt Jones

Devante Parker

Clive Walford (absolutely draft this guy as your backup TE)

Great list.

What? 51 catches for 664 yards and 6 TDs is a breakout? If it was guaranteed he'd put up those same numbers every year he would go undrafted. He had a nice rookie year and a nice start to his career, but that's it.

90% of that production came after week 6.

I think 70 catches for 900 yards and 6-7 TDs can be his floor from here on out.

90% of that production came after week 6.

I think 70 catches for 900 yards and 6-7 TDs can be his floor from here on out.

You may very well be right, and if he exceeds those numbers this year I would consider that being him breaking out. Maybe my definition is different but I consider a breakout player to be a guy who quickly becomes a must play each week in most every league.

Colin Kapernick. Hes going to be motivated to prove people wrong this year. If Chip Kelly cuts him loose and runs a fast tempo read option hes going to amass 800+ rushing yards. I will be drafting Colin in all of my leauges around the 14th+ round.

If Kap picks up Kelly system , not to sure that will even happen .

You may very well be right, and if he exceeds those numbers this year I would consider that being him breaking out. Maybe my definition is different but I consider a breakout player to be a guy who quickly becomes a must play each week in most every league.

As you very well know also. Alot depends on starting requirements. A traditional start 2 wr and thats it, and your right. Probaly only good for a deep reserve. My dynasty is a 12 teamer, starts 3wrs, with a flex option, and is a ppr league also. So if his floor is 70 receptions a year, that is startable for me.

Also, my other league is a 16 teamer, salary cap/contract league. It's also idp, so because of that his special teams production counted with his recieving numbers. That made him startable this past year.

For my .02, unless it's a basic redraft league with no extra starting requirements, then his rookie season should already be considered a break out season. Now we just have to see if he can develope into something even more.

So what? Tim Hightower was on a lot of championship teams, did he breakout?

You said he wasnt useable. I just showed you he was.

You said he wasnt useable. I just showed you he was.

And as I showed you with Hightower, just because a player was used doesn't mean he broke out. Breakout players get chosen in the first six rounds of the next draft. Lockett won't be drafted that high in a single redraft league next year.

So who will be 2016's Freeman, Bortles, Robinson, ect,.. Guys who go in the mid to late rounds but end up being fantasy stars.

And as I showed you with Hightower, just because a player was used doesn't mean he broke out. Breakout players get chosen in the first six rounds of the next draft. Lockett won't be drafted that high in a single redraft league next year.

:huh: :blink: :wacko:

So are you asking for players that are draft mid to late rounds , or top 6th rounds ?

:huh: :blink: :wacko:

What is your confusion? Freeman, Bortles, and Robinson went late last year, broke out, and will go in the top six rounds this year.

Golden Tate

Antonio Andrews

Carlos Hyde

Hyde? Just legitimately curious as to why you think that?

He had one bomb ass game in week 1 where everyone labelled him a stud, then he fell in the black hole and was never heard from again.

He did look good in that one game though, but I don't see him breaking out. After dropping him last year, I even considered adding him to my DND list.

I think Hyde should be on the break out list , I think he could fit in with that Kelly system .

Why are you bringing Hightower into the discussion? You are all over the place in this thread. You said he wasnt useable. So i showed you he was. I wasnt talking about how he has broken out. All i was pointing out was what you said about him being unstartable in anything less than 16 teams is wrong.

Is everyone sold on Mark Ingram? I've always liked what I've seen from Khiry Robinson. I'd love to see him come to Seattle. Him and Thomas Rawls would be a great 1-2 punch.

Is everyone sold on Mark Ingram? I've always liked what I've seen from Khiry Robinson. I'd love to see him come to Seattle. Him and Thomas Rawls would be a great 1-2 punch.

Cmike and Brown did fine filling in so i dont think they need another rb. I think Ingram is fools gold personally. I just never liked the guy. He is a decent straight ahead runner that needs a lot of touches. Sure if he keeps getting touches he should be fine, but he will never be a rb that is considered special. If i had him i would trade him

I agree with Ingram and agree he's fools gold. Good kid, but like you said, a volume runner. If you get the carries, you do get the stats like a Zac Stacey. I would love to see Robinson get a shot. He's a RFA, so I if its not high, some team could steal him from the saints. I'd still love for it to be seattle. I think Rawls will be last man standing. If Lynch doesn't retire, he'll get cut. Jackson, and Brown are FA's. And girls name I still think gets cut.

I have never understood the Ingram hate from so many people. From Weeks 7 to 12 he averaged nearly SIX yards per carry on 78 attempts. Over the last three seasons he's averaged 4.5 yards a carry.

A big knock on him prior to last season was he didn't catch enough passes, so he was useless in PPR leagues. He caught 50 balls last season, which was the 8th most receptions for a running back in the entire NFL...in 12 games.

He's a "volume runner" sure, but one that likely presents phenomenal value next season, and he's still just 26 years old, so it's not like he's going to be out of the league in a year. And if the Saints can get some quality pieces along that offensive line, I'll be going hard after him in redrafts.

Ingram avg 4.6 yards per carry last season and had 50 rec i don't see fools gold in taking Ingram , only fools are those that pass on him .