Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

This is the kind of crap where the gays lose me entirely

Sooo.....things were better back when those who are discriminated against didn't bother you with such trivial things like hearing about being refused service at a public business. Ok. Got it.

They pushed for the right to get married and got it. Great. I dont give a Fock. But to b!tch about not being able buy their cake from a certain place? Get the Fock over it.

So many people in this country wont be happy until the government and legal system dictates everything. We move closer to this every day.

• Like 1

Gender, Race, Religion, or Nationality....

If you don't think in this day and age that Sexual Orientation should be added to that list, then I don't know what to tell you - you're probably an arse.

That should be covered with gender dipshit.

So you would like to abolish the Civil Rights Act of 1964 along with Strike? Just trying to tally this up.

No, just the faggity act of 2017 that you think heeds passed.

Stop with comparing the 2.

How about Westboro Baptist church member wants a gay guy to bake a cake that says "God hates F@gs".

I think they would bake the cake and triple-dog dare the guy to eat it.

No, just the faggity act of 2017 that you think heeds passed.

Stop with comparing the 2.

We're literally discussing a case that challenges Colorado's State Law that Sexual Orientation is a protected class. It's absolutely comparable. HTH

(Itsatip that there are already 20 States with such Laws)

The bottom line is this, if you can't do something to racial or religious minorities, women, or the disabled, you shouldn't be able to do it to homosexuals. I'm sorry that many of you are still on the wrong side of history.

We're literally discussing a case that challenges Colorado's State Law that Sexual Orientation is a protected class. It's absolutely comparable. HTH

The bottom line is this, if you can't do something to racial or religious minorities, women, or the disabled, you shouldn't be able to do it to homosexuals. I'm sorry that many of you are still on the wrong side of history.

I may be a conservative, but I'm with you on this. The religious argument is weak, and this ship has sailed. Time to accept gheys as a protected class and move on.

Sure they could have gone to another baker, but that isn't how such changes occur.

So many people in this country wont be happy until the you just treat everyone the same and stop being a dbag. We move closer to this every day.

FIFY

That should be covered with gender dipshit.

Here, I addressed it.

Let me ask this. You cool with me, a CLEARLY white guy, identifying as a black?

Maybe we should have sensitive snowflakes added as a protected class too. That way you can sue anyone who criticizes your fake outrage and virtue signalling.

You're going to lose this argument and none other than the SCOTUS is going to stick it to you. I, for one, can't wait to see your tears of fake outrage.

I dont think it was fair that Ford was able to decide who they were selling the the new GT to. I should call an attorney.

I dont think its fair that I have to pay for a whole bunch of channels that I dont use. I should call an attorney.

I dont think its fair that some students get a C and some get an A. Its not the fault of the C students that they arent as smart as the A students. Why are we differentiating them via grades?

Cupcakes and lollipops.

• Like 1

The example I always see cited that opposes this is:

"Are you going to force a Jew baker to bake a swastika cake for a nazi?"

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/28269290/ns/us_news-weird_news/t/-year-old-hitler-cant-get-name-cake/

I dont think it was fair that Ford was able to decide who they were selling the the new GT to. I should call an attorney.

I dont think its fair that I have to pay for a whole bunch of channels that I dont use. I should call an attorney.

I dont think its fair that some students get a C and some get an A. Its not the fault of the C students that they arent as smart as the A students. Why are we differentiating them via grades?

Cupcakes and lollipops.

What....in....the....fock?

They pushed for the right to get married and got it. Great. I dont give a Fock. But to b!tch about not being able buy their cake from a certain place? Get the Fock over it.

So many people in this country wont be happy until the government and legal system dictates everything. We move closer to this every day.

It took me a long time to get to the point where I said, "You know what, you're right, it's your life, who am I to dictate how you should live it or what you should do in the privacy of your own home? Fine. Do what you want."

Next thing you know you can't refuse to bakd them a cake, perverts are in the girls' lavatory, my favorite TV show starts including intimate gay sex scenes, and they take over the St. Patrick's Day parade and twirl their dongs in children's faces.

Oh, I have a massive case of buyers remorse.

A private business should have the right to decide with whom it wants to do business. For whatever reason. Period.

Agreed. Let bad PR sink the jerk business. And if it doesn't, it just gives you a realistic look at your culture. I support the right of a private business to not serve me for any of my traits, woman, Christian, a little Jewish, whatever.

There are plenty of places that will serve all of the above. The need for the government to intervene is long past.

If a restaurant in New York City wants to discriminate based on race, sexuality, or religion, sure the customer can move on down the street and hopefully the market eliminates the restaurant.

But if the only diner or grocery store in Klanville, Alabama wont serve black people, then I guess black people just have to leave town?

Think it all the way through geeks.

I don't see Klanville doing too well overall if the whole little town is willing to patronize the restaurant that doesn't serve blacks. If I was black, I'd also like to see that the lone factor for why a restaurant serves me is external compulsion that's not even supported by my fellow community members.

I don't see Klanville doing too well overall if the whole little town is willing to patronize the restaurant that doesn't serve blacks. If I was black, I'd also like to see that the lone factor for why a restaurant serves me is external compulsion that's not even supported by my fellow community members.

What you say makes sense if we are being idealistic. But then there is reality. And my suspicion is you havent spent much time in towns like Klanville.

I said this before, but I think some common sense can be used here. As long as the service provider doesnt have to be in attendance or take part in a ceremony or whatever then bake the focking cake.

Where it gets dicey with me would be if a person/restaurant was forced by law to cater the event - a DJ - a wedding photographer.

Brick and Mortars should serve and sell to all, whats the real difference. Thats a common sense no brained to me.

I actually lived near Spartanburg, SC for half a year in 2003 and saw a lot of essentially voluntary segregation.

What is idealic in this discussion is subjective. Because an artificial sense of inclusion is a kind of idealism to me.

What is realistic is seeing where people stand. Businesses falling because they offend fair-hearted people who aren't going to open their wallet for them. Or not, because your neighbors suck. Better to know your neighbors suck upfront.

I actually lived near Spartanburg, SC for half a year in 2003 and saw a lot of essentially voluntary segregation.

What is idealic in this discussion is subjective. Because an artificial sense of inclusion is a kind of idealism to me.

What is realistic is seeing where people stand. Businesses falling because they offend fair-hearted people who aren't going to open their wallet for them. Or not, because your neighbors suck. Better to know your neighbors suck upfront.

I agree that I want to know what neighbors suck and dont suck. And I dont even mean that sexually.

But we have to think through the scenarios.....small towns far away from the big cities...poverty...families in which the parent gets locked into a job and caring for elderly grandparents.......just upping and moving somewhere else isnt really in play.

So we can let the one business owner in that town decide he doesnt care for blacks....and hey that helps the poor while people as they need the job, so they dont stand up and protest...and the poor black people just become a lower class of citizen. So then how to they make money? Maybe something illegal?

Im just spitballing here and creating scenarios, but they are common within our history... there are reasons why throwing out civil rights is a bad idea in my opinion.

I love the idea that we have advanced enough as a society that at this point we would police ourselves when it comes to human rights type issues....but Ive lost a lot of that confidence here recently.

I agree that I want to know what neighbors suck and dont suck. And I dont even mean that sexually.

But we have to think through the scenarios.....small towns far away from the big cities...poverty...families in which the parent gets locked into a job and caring for elderly grandparents.......just upping and moving somewhere else isnt really in play.

So we can let the one business owner in that town decide he doesnt care for blacks....and hey that helps the poor while people as they need the job, so they dont stand up and protest...and the poor black people just become a lower class of citizen. So then how to they make money? Maybe something illegal?

Im just spitballing here and creating scenarios, but they are common within our history... there are reasons why throwing out civil rights is a bad idea in my opinion.

I love the idea that we have advanced enough as a society that at this point we would police ourselves when it comes to human rights type issues....but Ive lost a lot of that confidence here recently.

One of the big factors in the racist business owner actually making that decision is if s/he can weather alienating that customer base. Let's say s/he can. So this poor family or couple of families have no genuine support in the community. There aren't other people still welcomed to the business but now turned off from it. So that's the climate of this community. Does a business owner even need to vent their prejudice in that manner then? I wouldn't think so. Their reason would have to be something like 'I can't tolerate the presence of these people', the physical contact, etc. This is a barely realistic scenario in of itself. Also, as the family, when you have that little to lose, relocating actually gets easier than if you had a bit to lose. They're already hungry where they're at.

eta: I'll go ahead and argument-wise redact the last two sentences. You're trying to prevent that predicament.

I think they would bake the cake and triple-dog dare the guy to eat it.

Always a good idea to force a disgruntled person to prepare food for you. :thumbsup:

One of the big factors in the racist business owner actually making that decision is if s/he can weather alienating that customer base. Let's say s/he can. So this poor family or couple of families have no genuine support in the community. There aren't other people still welcomed to the business but now turned off from it. So that's the climate of this community. Does a business owner even need to vent their prejudice in that manner then? I wouldn't think so. Their reason would have to be something like 'I can't tolerate the presence of these people', the physical contact, etc. This is a barely realistic scenario in of itself. Also, as the family, when you have that little to lose, relocating actually gets easier than if you had a bit to lose. They're already hungry where they're at.

eta: I'll go ahead and argument-wise redact the last two sentences. You're trying to prevent that predicament.

My exact scenario is unlikely obviously, and its extrapolated out to make a point. But the following things are seemingly true:

- People like being around people that think somewhat like themselves. It allows them to speak more openly and freely without fear of judgement.

- As a business, 20 loyal customers a day beats a group of 200 people choosing randomly between 10 businesses every time.

- Prejudiced people may not NEED to vent with their beliefs...but anyone so prejudiced as to refuse someones business likely WANTS to vent their beliefs. They likely hate that they havent been able to vent as freely as theyd like.

As for the whole small town scenario, its hopefully not likely that we will find an entire town of bigots looking to get rid of the blacks and gays. But there are lots of places (towns, workplaces, schools, etc) in which 10% of the group feels that way. Then the vast majority of the group have their own problems and dont care to get involved in that drama.

Thinking about it more from a more sociological perspective...Ive read studies that state that Anonimity has proven to be the key element of successful group decision making. Take away the anonymity, and people tend to follow the crowd. Those that disagree would have to confront. Laws provide an avenue of anonymity in that those that disagree with something have a way of reporting it in a nonconfrontational manner.

If a restaurant in New York City wants to discriminate based on race, sexuality, or religion, sure the customer can move on down the street and hopefully the market eliminates the restaurant.

But if the only diner or grocery store in Klanville, Alabama wont serve black people, then I guess black people just have to leave town?

Think it all the way through geeks.

Never heard of klanville. What is the zip code?

whole lot of falseness going on here

he never refused to bake anyone a cake, he has baked plenty of gay people cakes

he told them he wouldn't put any gayness into the cake, as in 2 men on the cake, or pics of dicks whatever

Agreed. Let bad PR sink the jerk business. And if it doesn't, it just gives you a realistic look at your culture. I support the right of a private business to not serve me for any of my traits, woman, Christian, a little Jewish, whatever.

Fvck off welcher

Or...just bake the cake and make money. Also that option.

FYI.........baker did offer to make a cake for them but didn't want to do the customization they wanted (i.e. a big peemus).

FYI.........baker did offer to make a cake for them but didn't want to do the customization they wanted (i.e. a big peemus).

Is that true! Please confirm. Because that changes the entire scenario. Then we're just talking basic decency. And every Community has decency standards. And that's not a gay thing that's a decency thing. Last time I checked there was not in the farthest reaches some idea of an implicit human right to have a peenis on your cake.

Umm...no. Hiding behind religion to discriminate is pathetic and shouldn't be respected.

:rolleyes:

Is that true! Please confirm. Because that changes the entire scenario. Then we're just talking basic decency. And every Community has decency standards. And that's not a gay thing that's a decency thing. Last time I checked there was not in the farthest reaches some idea of an implicit human right to have a peenis on your cake.

I heard Mark Arum on WSB talk radio say the baker offered to sell them a cake but that he wouldn't do a custom one. I can't find a specific reference to him offering but the wording seems to indicate exactly that. I'll sell you a cake but not a custom one (with a guy and guy on it).

"Phillips said he could not make a custom cake for them because the Bible said marriage was limited to a man and a woman. Surprised and upset, the two men left and later filed a complaint with the state commission."

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-court-gays-religion-20170626-story.html

I heard Mark Arum on WSB talk radio say the baker offered to sell them a cake but that he wouldn't do a custom one. I can't find a specific reference to him offering but the wording seems to indicate exactly that. I'll sell you a cake but not a custom one (with a guy and guy on it).

"Phillips said he could not make a custom cake for them because the Bible said marriage was limited to a man and a woman. Surprised and upset, the two men left and later filed a complaint with the state commission."

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-court-gays-religion-20170626-story.html

Guy and a guy on his cake is normal and expected on a cake. Peenus is not. If they were just asking to have both of them on there symbolically....just make the damn cake.

Unless they do x rated cakes for others.

Sooo.....things were better back when those who are discriminated against didn't bother you with such trivial things like hearing about being refused service at a public business. Ok. Got it.

It isn't a public business its a private business and a business should be able to refuse service to a customer for whatever reason no questions asked.

It isn't a public business its a private business and a business should be able to refuse service to a customer for whatever reason no questions asked.

They are not a religious organization, they use public goods and services provided by Fed and State and hence have to follow state law & fed laws.

couldn't they just place their orneMant on the cake themselves ? Or are they that psychotic that they need to force someone to do it?

of course they could. the whole agenda of lgbtqlmnop movement is focking evil. not happy until it's taught in kindergarten and forced on everyone and have big national homo celebrations and gay characters in every show. so the guy doesn't want to make a big c0ck cake and now he's a bigot and should go out of business. fock them drama queens!!!

• Like 1