Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Kelce complained about his memory at halftime

He originally seemed to be fine, then at halftime he couldn't remember some things that he was able to remember in the little tent when they first tested him.

Crap. Concussion protocol.

Seems reasonable, memory loss quite serious. Can his backup catch?

Memory loss is common with concussions. My only clear concussion did, and I didn't have any ill effects the very next day.

kelce was at an event last night he promoted till 11pm teaching women the rules of football and raising cancer awareness. It was done outdoors and there were lil clinics going on.

kelce was at an event last night he promoted till 11pm teaching women the rules of football and raising cancer awareness. It was done outdoors and there were lil clinics going on.

Cool.

I'm assuming Cam Newton wasn't there.

DNP today wed.

shaking my head

1.DJ

2.Baldwin

3.Gronk

4.Kelce

5.BPowell

amazing i am 3-2

Did it make him forget he's a huge doosh who nets his team 1-2 taunting/excessive celebration/overly dooshy penalties a week?

Did it make him forget he's a huge doosh who nets his team 1-2 taunting/excessive celebration/overly dooshy penalties a week?

He'll be the (reverse) Phineas Gage of the NFL. One concussion and now he's telling the refs that he actually held on that last play, they should probably throw the flag.

So how do these protocols normally work? Do they normally end up a game time decision? Anyone out there own Jordan Reed in the past? You should know this process inside out. Kelce is in a late game on Sunday.

So how do these protocols normally work? Do they normally end up a game time decision? Anyone out there own Jordan Reed in the past? You should know this process inside out.

Depends on when he gets cleared. They get monitored by the medical staff and trainers through the week. They have to have no symptoms visible at that point. They do exercises and test and have to share the data with a neuro consultant (doctor). So they have to be cleared by the team doc, but also prove to an independent (not on the team staff) neuro doc that they have no symptoms at all, either after rest or exertion.

As I understand it, all of that could happen in a day, or two days, three days, two weeks, etc. (Probably a day is stretching it, as you'd have to have done the rest and the exertion and then gotten tested after.)

But if the player gets cleared on Thursday for a Sunday game, then they can announce him as playing right after he's cleared.

Depends on when he gets cleared. They get monitored by the medical staff and trainers through the week. They have to have no symptoms visible at that point. They do exercises and test and have to share the data with a neuro consultant (doctor). So they have to be cleared by the team doc, but also prove to an independent (not on the team staff) neuro doc that they have no symptoms at all, either after rest or exertion.

As I understand it, all of that could happen in a day, or two days, three days, two weeks, etc. (Probably a day is stretching it, as you'd have to have done the rest and the exertion and then gotten tested after.)

But if the player gets cleared on Thursday for a Sunday game, then they can announce him as playing right after he's cleared.

I think he can be cleared even up to game day. If I recall from last week, Devante Adams was cleared on Saturday for his game Sunday.

I think he can be cleared even up to game day. If I recall from last week, Devante Adams was cleared on Saturday for his game Sunday.

That's my understanding too.

The issue is now he's gonna be another hit away from see you next year.

Possibly, but Im not going to drop him or keep him on the bench when he plays.

Memory loss is common with concussions. My only clear concussion did, and I didn't have any ill effects the very next day.

I didn't have any memory loss for any of my six concussions. At least, I don't think so.

In my opinion you have to hold him and hope he comes back quick. His level of production can't be replaced by almost any other TE in the league, let alone a waiver add.

He's on the Luke Kuechly train to "Wait, who am I again?"

Picked up Ed Dickson as back up. Really sucks that he has a Thursday night game. Bright spot is if Kelce is a go this week he's a better flex option than anyone else on my team.

The neuro staff told him they have good news and bad news. The bad news is he has a concussion. The good news is he can go ahead and forget about it.

Coach Andy Reid said Friday he expects Travis Kelce (concussion) to play in Week 6 against the Steelers.
He was left off the Chiefs' final injury report. It became clear Kelce was likely to play on Thursday when he turned in a full practice. It appears he should be teed up with confidence against a slumping Pittsburgh defense. Oct 13 - 2:22 PM